Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WYMT Preseason Mountain Top 10
haha yeah yeah
The Maryville Daily Times. Alcoa's coach said Bell Co's Cory Davenport will be the quickest player that they will face this year and yes even over anybody from Powerhouse Maryville High School.
Dudley is sometimes known not to tell the truth Brian. He likes secrets trust me.
Yeah I just read that too. Sounds as if the Alcoa players aren't taking this game to serious.
Wow almost everyone in the Mountain Top 10 went down.

1. Breathitt Co plays today
2. Bell Co lost to out of state powerhouse of Tennessee.
3. Johnson got killed by Boyle Co.
4. Belfry got beat by Prestonsburg.
5. Whitley Co got beat by a very good Lex Cath team.
6. Corbin does not play this weekend.
7. Pulaski Co got beat by NL.
8. Letcher Co Central beat SL.
9. Prestonsburg beat Belfry.
10. Knox Central got beat by Somerset who lost there coach.
I just wanted to post a reply to the statements about the speed of Cory Davenport. If anyone questions his speed, they just need to get to a game to watch him. That kid can fly! He is going to give a lot of teams some trouble with his speed and ability to run the ball.

We have discussed this amongst our group of parents, friends and fans of the Alcoa Tornados. We won't face anyone else as fast as him this year in Tennessee (including from the Maryville team).

Please note that this post has occured after the Bell/Alcoa game. Cory has earned our respect in a big way as well as many of the other Bell players. Looking forward to us getting back to Kentucky - I have enjoyed this forum for chatting much more than coacht in Tennessee.

Speaking of Alcoa taking the Bell team for granted; trust me, they didn't. They came prepared to play. Coach Rankins comments about warning the Alcoa kids about Bell simply reiterated what he said to them all week - Bell Co will NOT LAY DOWN FOR YOU - YOU HAVE TO EARN THIS WIN AND YOU WILL KNOW YOU ARE IN A BATTLE. And.......we were. Again, GO BOBCATS!
I personally thought it would be one of the hardest picks to decide which one would have been #1 but i agree with Brian (Of course being a Breathitt Fan) and we all should really be thankful for the coverage of our schools,kids gets from these good people, i just want to say Thank You!!(it cant be said enuff) to all of WYMT sports teams(Brian is the Best) for getting out and showing off the teams as they do,even in the Hot Muggy Rainy,Snowy cold weather we get to sit at home and watch sports overtime and its a household name at my house.Most of the teams we would have never get to see if it wasn't for the hard work of WYMT Sports and Crew they are lots involved in getting as many teams on each night and yes i have seen News Anchor Steve Hensley filming plenty evenings,and again "Thank You all"