Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Same Sex Marriage
Reizvoll Wrote:Well Tcat, don't take anything I say the wrong way. None of this is a personal attack, and I don't want it to seem that way but it probably will.

You're right, alot of people's upbringings will make them shun this, but I don't think someone's opinion should jeopardize someone's freedom.

That's what I call indecent exposure, if it's a gay couple or not. Nothing more than a 2 second kiss should be allowed in public.

Ok, that is not the definition of indecent exposure. That's called PDA, public displays of affection. And do you really want to go back to Victorian times when holding hands in public was risque'?

We see worse than a 2 second kiss on TV, so don't get all fired up just because it's two men or two women kissing, they have the same rights to kiss in public, just as you do.
The bible is a strange book. Two people can read the same words, and get two different opinions on what is actually being said. So who is wrong and who is right? Yes, it does say man is not supposed to lay with a man like he lays with a woman. All sins are considered equal. So if a straight man sees a pretty woman walking down the street, has impure thoughts about her, that is a sin. Same as if a man seen another man and had impure thoughts. How many of us really honor our mother and father? has anyone in here NEVER talked back to them, NEVER did what they was told? Respect your elders, the elderly are not taken as good of care of as they should be in general. Not killing? I have killed in the past, snakes, dogs if they ran infront of my car, People will say it is different for animals, but are they the same as us, Gods creatures? In my opinion, the bible is considered to be a guide to follow as each person sees in it what they see, not as a shopping list to be checked off if you do what is wrote in the words.
I think the biggest reason same sex marriages are not allowed is because the insurance companies are so against it. Then they would have to give insurance to same sex families, that takes away from alot of there profits.