Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
who are the unsung heroes of the 15th
After last night's game with SV, I would have to say Tyler Hamilton from PC. Game in and game out, he has a solid performance. Not a show stopper but is a very solid player.
I have seen Tyler Hamilton play when he was at Betsy Layne. Definitely an unsung hero simply because it doesn't look like he's done much at first glance but when you look at the stats he's probably leading the scorers on your team.
I agree wholeheartedly with you Imnottelling!
Ok ok I've had enough of the Reno this and that. Sure he works hard, but who doesnt on the JC JV or Varsity squads? Coach Starnes demands maximum effort every day. He's simply not that good. Reality hurts. Not bashing, just being honest. Thats all we ever want or expect from anyone else right? As for him being close to the strongest on the team is a rediculous statement! Have you ever seen the likes of Ryan Fannin, Kyle Rice, Sean Music, or Justin Blanton in the weightroom? Just tired of the petty comments of how he's the better player and gets jipped for no reason. Starnes and staff are as fair as they come. I'm sure he's playing exactly what he deserves.
"SlipKnot" Wrote:Ok ok I've had enough of the Reno this and that. Sure he works hard, but who doesnt on the JC JV or Varsity squads? Coach Starnes demands maximum effort every day. He's simply not that good. Reality hurts. Not bashing, just being honest. Thats all we ever want or expect from anyone else right? As for him being close to the strongest on the team is a rediculous statement! Have you ever seen the likes of Ryan Fannin, Kyle Rice, Sean Music, or Justin Blanton in the weightroom? Just tired of the petty comments of how he's the better player and gets jipped for no reason. Starnes and staff are as fair as they come. I'm sure he's playing exactly what he deserves.

No I haven't seen any of them in the weight room. And not once did I say that he was stronger than Fannin, Rice, Music or Blanton. I said he was the strongest on the JV team. All you have to do is open your eyes and look at him when he's standing next to the other JV players....there is no comparison on his size. Get your posts straight. "Coach Starns demands maximum effort every day" -- obviously you are either a player or a coach and by your statement of "He's simply not that good" I'll assume you are a player since if he wasn't that good I think it would be safe to say that he wouldn't be on the team because coaches don't want players that "aren't that good." And since you are a player then that tells me exactly why your team has not been consistant all year. You guys are not respecting one another....and don't tell me that you do when you get on here and disrespect one of your own players. You are supposed to have one anothers backs not stab each other under an assumed name. Not scared to let Reno know who you are and that you dissed him in the most public of forums? But then you guys don't respect your coaches so why should I expect you to respect your fellow players. Shocking! :boosign: You have no class, sir.
Oh and by the way, if you don't want to see anything else on Reno then I suggest you don't read my posts because one of the things that makes this country great is that you can have your opinion and I can have mine and I will voice mine whenever I get the chance...and if it happens to be that I believe Reno to be better than he is getting the chance to show then so be it...like it or not that is my opinion and I'm free to state it when and where I like.
"SlipKnot" Wrote:Ok ok I've had enough of the Reno this and that. Sure he works hard, but who doesnt on the JC JV or Varsity squads? Coach Starnes demands maximum effort every day. He's simply not that good. Reality hurts. Not bashing, just being honest. Thats all we ever want or expect from anyone else right? As for him being close to the strongest on the team is a rediculous statement! Have you ever seen the likes of Ryan Fannin, Kyle Rice, Sean Music, or Justin Blanton in the weightroom? Just tired of the petty comments of how he's the better player and gets jipped for no reason. Starnes and staff are as fair as they come. I'm sure he's playing exactly what he deserves.
How would you know unless you are on the team? And at that why are you putting a teammate down? Funny how people can stab others in the back.
joe tiller from david
"superman45" Wrote:How would you know unless you are on the team? And at that why are you putting a teammate down? Funny how people can stab others in the back.

My thoughts exactly, supermanConfusederved:
I know exactly what its like to not be that good! Believe me!...Cause there is absolutely no way I could make the team. I'm sorry for the negative comments, only trying to be realistic. I do keep a close eye on the program and have upmost respect for the Reno kid and his family. He works hard and so does his father as you can always see him helping the program in any way possible. I'm sorry if I'm being interpreted wrongly...just opinions right?...I see problems like yourselves and try to address them honestly. Anyone who knows the Reno family would fall in love with the great character they show everyday through their lives. Again not trying to step on toes or disrespect!
"SlipKnot" Wrote:I know exactly what its like to not be that good! Believe me!...Cause there is absolutely no way I could make the team. I'm sorry for the negative comments, only trying to be realistic. I do keep a close eye on the program and have upmost respect for the Reno kid and his family. He works hard and so does his father as you can always see him helping the program in any way possible. I'm sorry if I'm being interpreted wrongly...just opinions right?...I see problems like yourselves and try to address them honestly. Anyone who knows the Reno family would fall in love with the great character they show everyday through their lives. Again not trying to step on toes or disrespect!

I didn't have problems, slipknot. I was simply stating my opinions on players and coaches. Sounds to me like you know the Reno family and that's great but why if you think they are so great would get on a public forum such as this and say something like you did about Reno? I don't understand that. I have no problem with someone expressing their opinion on something but what really gets my goat is when someone just blatantly disrespects someone without regard for their personal feelings or that of their family. How would your mother or father feel if they got on here and read someone so openly dissing you? I believe that they would be pretty upset. You need to stop and think about what you post before you post it, Slipknot because you can end up ruining a perfectly good friendship by hiding behind an alias.
Okay. I will admit I am a parent. I have played ball and love basketball. I think it is the greatest sport ever. But I hate when players put other players down. Keep your trash talkin the game and stop putting down the other players.
Only stating what I think this kid needs to work on...Didn't mean to come as a insult sorry for that...but he could be better and see alot more playing if he would work with is left...solid rebounder, good post player...sorry if it came off as an insult...shouldn't have been so harsh about the boat thing...if he continues to work hard then he will be a hell of a player...and yes he is a fine young man and his family does do alot for the team..they are at all the games...and plus his dad even helps with the stat book i think...again i apologize for my ignorant comments
Are you a friend of the family or something? You know alot about them.
"WiNkWiNk" Wrote:Only stating what I think this kid needs to work on...Didn't mean to come as a insult sorry for that...but he could be better and see alot more playing if he would work with is left...solid rebounder, good post player...sorry if it came off as an insult...shouldn't have been so harsh about the boat thing...if he continues to work hard then he will be a hell of a player...and yes he is a fine young man and his family does do alot for the team..they are at all the games...and plus his dad even helps with the stat book i think...again i apologize for my ignorant comments

Tanx. I appreciate your comments.
Please accept my apology as well!.. was ignorant for being so harsh. Reno is a hard worker and will only take these foolish comments and use it as fuel to the fire. Keep workin hard. I guess we shoudnt let other people know our passwords and use our usernames huh?...Sorry for those comments as I will not let it happen again. Please accept my apology as i take the blame for others comments...thank you
we need 2 forgive the guy every1 makes mistakes
i also think ryan little is he is one of the better big man in the 15th region.... i think ppl will notice him more when distict and reionals roles around he the key to sf's wins is say he averages 18 pts and 10 rebounds a game
hes good but i never hear ne 1 mention josh martin from ac
"SlipKnot" Wrote:Please accept my apology as well!.. was ignorant for being so harsh. Reno is a hard worker and will only take these foolish comments and use it as fuel to the fire. Keep workin hard. I guess we shoudnt let other people know our passwords and use our usernames huh?...Sorry for those comments as I will not let it happen again. Please accept my apology as i take the blame for others comments...thank you

:giveup: Truce
"Imnottelling" Wrote::giveup: Truce

I have ticked off someone's mom or dad, specifically Reno's. I apologize for that and promise to keep my comment to myself. I also apologize to any eagle fan or player out there. I did not mean to start any rumors or upset the team. I am libel to get my butt kicked by this kids dad if I keep it up. Please accept my apologies Reno's, eagles, and loyal fans.
What of John Turner from JC? He takes the place of Justin Murray which is a hard place to take, considering Murray's abilities. Turner does considerably well despite the pressure of filling those shoes. Big up to John "Taliban" Turner (heard one of the players call him "Taliban").
"m00se" Wrote:What of John Turner from JC? He takes the place of Justin Murray which is a hard place to take, considering Murray's abilities. Turner does considerably well despite the pressure of filling those shoes. Big up to John "Taliban" Turner (heard one of the players call him "Taliban").

I agree m00se. Definitely an unsung hero. Kudos to Turner!
jut slone without questioning he should be starting for sf but hes the 6th manand when he comes in he plays his butt off...falcon23 get real joe tiller put him up against player like ryan johnson,mason hall,ethan johnson and then tell me what he done against them he shouldnt be mentioned
jut slone without questioning he should be starting for sf but hes the 6th manand when he comes in he plays his butt off...falcon23 get real joe tiller put him up against player like ryan johnson,mason hall,ethan johnson and then tell me what he done against them he shouldnt be mentioned
i would say justin slone... he should start for the raiders he has really got some talent
id say james blankenship, john turner, and josiah reno from jc, james puts up the points, turner D's up the guards, and reno get the boards, they beat us by 20 when they played us
"sumthin05" Wrote:id say james blankenship, john turner, and josiah reno from jc, james puts up the points, turner D's up the guards, and reno get the boards, they beat us by 20 when they played us

Nice to see someone else out there who knows an unsung when they see it. Kudos to Turner and Reno!

Nice call sumthin05.
Jordan Mullins is a key player from East Ridge...not many people know about him. He can shoot good and is a decent rebounder for a guard.
ryan little