•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Carolina 68 - (1)Kentucky 62
I agree with Stardust, he out willed our players and had the heart of a champion to get the job done..... However, I'm still very disappointed in Patterson's play along with Miller.. Those two never showed up at all
PC_You_Know Wrote:I wasn't one bit impressed. He only had 3 assists, had 2 turnovers, 2 steals, and MISSED 20 SHOT ATTEMPTS!!! Good grief man, usually if you miss 10 you're on the bench.

Lol, sure, and you probably lose to! Lol, sorry, best player on the court tonight. Anyone who could not see him blow by Wall, Bledsoe, Miller, Harris, Liggins and every double team that UK threw at him just can't appreciate a great player when the see one. I love how you are looking at the number of shots that he missed but give no props to making the UK defense look like a 3rd grame elelmentary school team!
Yeah my ill naturedness had me upset at first but its plain and simple. South Carolina outhustled UK, was more physical, killed them on the boards, and just wanted it more. Devan Downey is a quick little *******. Patterson played like the most passive college basketball player in America tonight, and is the second best big man on the team. Cousins is twice the player Patterson is, hands down. These losses happen, but the big key, the most exciting thing, is how will they react? How will a bunch of freshmen react to losing for the first time? You can still win a national championship with a loss, and that is exactly what should be on their minds right now. Come out, take no prisoners and just pound it inside every trip down the court. That is their bread and butter, and it works.

And, since everybody else will wait for their second loss, Ill go ahead and start....FIRE CALIPARI! HE'S THE WORST THING TO EVER HAPPEN TO UK SPORTS! GET RID OF HIM! HE CANT COACH! BRING BACK BILLY CLYDE! BRING BACK TUBBY! :biggrin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I still can't get over people saying Downey is not good. He beat us last year both times! How can people not see he is a good player.
Downey will dominate the NIT tournament.
memphistiger Wrote:Downey will dominate the NIT tournament.
Yea he will.
Navajo4life Wrote:I agree with Stardust, he out willed our players and had the heart of a champion to get the job done..... However, I'm still very disappointed in Patterson's play along with Miller.. Those two never showed up at all

I agree. I was really disappointed in this. I do not want PPat to be a follower and I hope his history of playing 2nd fiddle to Oj Mayo 3 years ago, Joe Crawford 2 years ago and Jodie Meeks last year. He seems to be content to be a roll player to Wall and Cousins instead of being the leader of this team like he should be.
Overrated Wrote:Downy isnt much..He doesn't impress me at all..What was he 9 out of 35 tonight? He gets bailed out with a foul call a lot..SC just out hustled Uk...Now if Kansas ST beats Kansas and Nova gets upset by ND, Syracuse the rightful #1 will be on top Monday.:Thumbs:

With UK losing here, I think the Orange deserved to be ranked number one. I think there slightly better than Nova and both teams are better than KU.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Yea he will.

yeah then i'd say he will dominate the d-league. he should get alot of attention from D-league teams after they make a huge run in the NIT.
Amun-Ra Wrote:I still can't get over people saying Downey is not good. He beat us last year both times! How can people not see he is a good player.
He's not a good player. He's a GREAT player. You gotta understand man, that some people wont give ANYBODY credit that doesnt wear a UK jersey. Its John Wall, Cousins and nobody else to most UK fans. UK will see several very talented players on down the road. Vandy wont be a cakewalk. Neither will Mississippi State and that Vanardo shot blocking machine.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Aslan Wrote:With UK losing here, I think the Orange deserved to be ranked number one. I think there slightly better than Nova and both teams are better than KU.

I hate myself for this, but im gonna agree with this post. Kansas is the most overrated team in college basketball. Syracuse should be #1, and right now, they can beat anyone in college basketball. they keep playing like they are then Cuse will be punchin a ticket to the final 4.
memphistiger Wrote:yeah then i'd say he will dominate the d-league. he should get alot of attention from D-league teams after they make a huge run in the NIT.

This is supposed to be shot at Downey, and it is not even worth replying to.
Aslan Wrote:With UK losing here, I think the Orange deserved to be ranked number one. I think there slightly better than Nova and both teams are better than KU.
I agree 110%. Ive said for the last six weeks that Syracuse is the best team in America.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
PC_You_Know Wrote:Devan Downey 9-29, I thought this guy was supposed to be good?

Every team keys on this guy every night, he's really all they have. He hit the big shots when it matter and beat UK.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:He's not a good player. He's a GREAT player. You gotta understand man, that some people wont give ANYBODY credit that doesnt wear a UK jersey. Its John Wall, Cousins and nobody else to most UK fans. UK will see several very talented players on down the road. Vandy wont be a cakewalk. Neither will Mississippi State and that Vanardo shot blocking machine.

Great post TH32 :Thumbs:

I almost forgive you for being a Steelers fan - Ah nevermind, no I don't....:biggrin:
Stardust Wrote:This is supposed to be shot at Downey, and it is not even worth replying to.

nope, just reality.
Aslan Wrote:Every team keys on this guy every night, he's really all they have. He hit the big shots when it matter and beat UK.

Yep, double and triple teamed all night, and they still couldn't keep him from making 9 shots....
PC_You_Know Wrote:A GOOD player does not miss 20 shots. A player that forces up 29 shots to get to 30 points is considered inconsistent. He hit 9 shots, 4 were BS. So this AMAZING player hit 5 good shots tonight?

Come on people, UK got beat by a player getting everything lucky in the world to fall. He got a few good shots to fall, but almost over half of his makes came from some play when you looked at the screen and said "really?"

Kobe Bryant is the best player in the world and he has nights when he misses around 20 shots. It happens. Everybody was keying on him, he had few easy shots all night.
Aslan Wrote:Kobe Bryant is the best player in the world and he has nights when he misses around 20 shots. It happens. Everybody was keying on him, he had few easy shots all night.

ouch, just when i agree, i have to disagree. the best player is lebron james. he has proved it and his last 2 games against kobe have been wins.
theVILLE Wrote:no im just glad downey showed wall up tonight!!!i could have cared less if uk won or lost, but when they got beat it made my day that much better...But UNC was the team he backed last year and they won the championship???

He's a politician he backs whoever is the most popular team from one day to the next
Downey best player on the court tonight? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME? dEMARCUS COUSINS BY FAR THE BEST PLAYER TONIGHT
I for one am not happy the monkey is off our backs. Never be happy about a loss. It will probably help us in the long run but I can't ever be happy about losing a game that was very winnable.
This is one of the few times that our youth showed. What was up with all those missed layups? John Wall was at times out of control, would jump in the air with no where to pass it to.
Where was PP at? He needs to be more aggressive. It's like he's just waiting on the freshman to make the plays. He's the leader, he needs to want the ball more on the block, no many people can stop him there.
Big Cuz played awesome.
Say what you want about Downey, he's 5'6 or something, and scored 30 points on the number one team in the nation. He did have a low field goal percentage, but he was double/triple teamed all nigh, had a hand or two in his face every shot. He has little to no help. He hit big shots and beat UK.
When the chips are down, PP needs the ball more.
Good win for the Gamecocks!
lwc Wrote:Good win for the Gamecocks!

agreed. this will be the greatest thing they will accomplish this year. hopefully the NIT selection committee pities them.
i knew it was coming soon, because they get to many teams down and dont put them away, i i heard so calls after the game on the call in show, blaming the officals,come on dont go there, they didnt come to play and just got beat,but they will bouch back,they will either take it to vandy or get blown out, coach cal said they (vandy) is prob best team in the sec...
Vandy=garbo.
I think it would be good for coach cal to send a message to patterson by benching him the next game. Start Orton next game and send a message to the team also, if you dont hustle, you dont play.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]
That Pretty Much Sums It Up.....
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Stardust Wrote:Great post TH32 :Thumbs:

I almost forgive you for being a Steelers fan - Ah nevermind, no I don't....:biggrin:
Yeah, its just too painful..............the hurt..the suffering..(yeah this isnt the least bit working, is it? LOL) Big Grin
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
My thoughts on why UK was upset:

First and formeost I am going to exclude Downey from being one of the reasons. No doubt he was amazing last night, but at the same time he is a great player andaverages 30 ppg...you have to think that he is going to do his part.

The way I see it, 4 things made the difference in this game:

1. Offensive Rebounding- SC absolutely flat wore UK out on the glass. Gamecocks had 20 offensive boards and I don't know how many second chance points! Keep in mind SC only had a total of 6 assists the entire night. In my opinion the best passing that SC did all night was missing shots.

2. Missed Layups-Dodson and Bledsoe each had easy layups that they just simply blew. You switch those 4 points around and UK either wins this game or forces SC to shoot a buzzer beater. UK consistently missed easy shots at the rim whether it be the two mentioned above or guys like Orton who had point blank tip-ins that they could not execute.

3. Fouls/Free Throws- I am not going to get into officiating, officiating did not determine the game. What did determine the game was UK's constant fouling in the first half that allowed SC to hang around with free throws. When UK was up 7 in the first half they should have been up 15 or more. SC couldn;t hit the broad side of a barn in the first half but UK allowed them to hang around and build confidence.

4. The way the ball bounces- This is the biggest one IMO. Last night was SC's night to pull an upset, plain and simple. The above things certainly helped build SC's case, but they also simply had the ball bounce their way all night. A UK defender mis-times his jump and the ball bounces right to a Gamecock, a backdoor pass is ever so slightly deflected and it hits off of Wall, a rebound goes long and a posession is lengthened.

These games are going to happen against UK more than it will happen for UK. For Kentucky to be a great team they have got to understand "luck" is not going to be on their side and most teams are going to play harder than they will. Kentucky will have a talent advtage over every team they play until the Final 4, the key to avoiding upsets is to do the little things right that is needed to overcome the times when the ball simply doesn't bounce your way.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Downey best player on the court tonight? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME? dEMARCUS COUSINS BY FAR THE BEST PLAYER TONIGHT

Lol, I didn't once see Cousins take the ball at mid-court, split 4 defenders and find a way to WIN!
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next