Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley's Elisha Justice recruited by Kentucky
If I'm Elisha's daddy this is what I'd say:

"Come on Elisha, its KENTUCKY!"
http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/demling/blog.html

From Jody Demling's Blog

We may have a Pitino vs. Calipari recruiting war for Mr. Basketball brewing!
BlackcatAlum Wrote:If I'm Elisha's daddy this is what I'd say:

"Come on Elisha, its KENTUCKY!"

LOL. Like I said earlier, his dad asked Calipari to come back and recruit him, I'd say he would love Elisha to go there.
http://www.nationofblue.com/calipari-giv...-call-764/
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Cal told Elisha that a scholly is gonna be available....WOW!

This might be to good to pass up.
The Iceboxx Wrote:Cal told Elisha that a scholly is gonna be available....WOW!

This might be to good to pass up.

Coach said there would likely be a scholly available. I do think though this puts Ricky P in the position that he must offer one to EJ. Whatever Elisha does he had bette make sure it is what is best for him and not all the others that have become involved....... Got my full support what ever he chooses..
This information was listed on KSR.

Cal wants a PG with talent so that he can run the point for the second team during practice. He has stated he did not have one of these this season and it really hurt the team during certain games.

I would love to see Justice in blue and white again next year.
Elisha needs to be a cats. Can you imagine the PR that UK will get for this. I know that everyone in this part of the state wants to see it happen. I really hope information comes out soon.
Im wondering if Justice and his family expected this or has it completely blindsided them? Im sure there are some very interesting conversations going on in that house. I know Pitino and McCarty have talked very highly of EJ now they have the opportunity to back it up.
Both of these articles talk about Elisha Justice going to Kentucky and what could that mean for him and the schools involved.

http://www.nationofblue.com/don-t-doubt-...stice-766/

http://www.nationofblue.com/view-section...omach-765/
He commits to louisville and he is horrible and now he is thinking of uk and a possible scholly??
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Elisha needs to be a cats. Can you imagine the PR that UK will get for this. I know that everyone in this part of the state wants to see it happen. I really hope information comes out soon.

PR, are you serious? There won't be any PR for UK if they do offer Justice a scolly. PR comes to a school when it signs a 5 star McDonalds All American.
As long as Kentucky keeps signing these "one year and done players" they will have a great record, but never win the NCAA.
i dont get KSR sometimes...there bashing Mr. Basketball but if he signs with UK then they will make Elisha out to be the best point guard to come through UK?...dont bash a great kid, great STUDENT-athlete, and one heck of a basketball player
Peacedomes85 Wrote:i dont get KSR sometimes...there bashing Mr. Basketball but if he signs with UK then they will make Elisha out to be the best point guard to come through UK?...dont bash a great kid, great STUDENT-athlete, and one heck of a basketball player

It's not KSR in general doing the bashing, its the fans commenting on the blog post.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:It's not KSR in general doing the bashing, its the fans commenting on the blog post.

well fans posting on KSR...sorry EJ cant be John Wall, EJ will be there all four years, make himself better, make the team better, get a education,and be successful while at UK...you all have to look at what EJ brings to the table?!?
Peacedomes85 Wrote:well fans posting on KSR...sorry EJ cant be John Wall, EJ will be there all four years, make himself better, make the team better, get a education,and be successful while at UK...you all have to look at what EJ brings to the table?!?

What most of the fans aren't getting is that we are going to potentially lose 5 guys to the NBA and that would leave 8 scholarships open to use. We already have two commitments from Stacey Poole Jr and Enes Kanter, so now that is leaving us with 6 open scholarships and we aren't going to use them all on top 100 players. Elisha will probably get offered a scholly from UK, which I'd say Louisville will counter with a offer of their own, but they may not be able to as they didn't lose many players from this season.

I say best of luck to Elisha. I hope he ends up playing for Kentucky, because that could create a lifetime full of memories, but if he does sign with Louisville, then good for him.
What Elisha also has to look at is the way UK players are taken care of after they graduate.
If I were Justice and had the opportunity to play for UK I would not hesitate. He should go in a heart beat. The experience will like no other anywhere in the country even if he rides the bench. I personally don't think he will ever play, but that is to be determined and no one no that at this time. Best of luck and congrats on the Mr. BB award.
Its just wherever Elisha really wants to go and feels comfortbale going. He may not feel comfortable at UK, even though many of us would love to see him go there. Regardless, I will support him no matter where he goes.
I bet Landon Slone doesn't regret going to UK for 1 year. Even if Elisha was to go and then transfer, you got to travel all over the country and play with some of the best, though I believe Elisha has the work ethic to make it work for at least 4 years.
kyrifle Wrote:PR, are you serious? There won't be any PR for UK if they do offer Justice a scolly. PR comes to a school when it signs a 5 star McDonalds All American.

No, the school gets positive PR from the state residents when Kentucky kids get the chance to be on the team. I think that you cant really say that more people would follow Kentucky if Elisha came to UK, but more people would feel an attachment to the school and team. It is ALWAYS a situation that comes up among fans, that the team needs that Camron Mills type player to help tie together our fanbase.
If you read Tiptons article, it sounds like while it is all us fans dreams to play for kentucky, Elisha has other dreams. I really feel he is smart enough to know were he would have a possibilty of playing time. The only reason Calipari wants him is because he was Mr Basketball from east ky. He will be on the end of the bench where Krebs sit. At least Pitino has a history of giving walk ons a chance to achieve glory.
I truly believe UK needs EL more than EL needs UK....
theVILLE Wrote:He commits to louisville and he is horrible and now he is thinking of uk and a possible scholly??
mr. basketball horrible? hahaha please go
itzAmazing Wrote:Its just wherever Elisha really wants to go and feels comfortbale going. He may not feel comfortable at UK, even though many of us would love to see him go there. Regardless, I will support him no matter where he goes.

He looked like he practically grew-up on the gyn floor at Rupp Arena at "The Sweet 16"
Now Cal comes callin after EJ gets MR Basketball, should have been after him all along .I would tell Cal to go jump in Fishtrap Lake, if i were EJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BlueSky Wrote:I truly believe UK needs EL more than EL needs UK....

That's the most rediculous statement I've seen on here in a long time. Let's not get to carried away here. EJ wasn't recruited by very many D1 schools. Coach Cal probably feels obligated to at least consider KY's Mr. BB, but just because you're Mr. BB doesn't mean you're a major D1 prospect. One that comes to mind was just a few years ago, I can't remember his name but he was from South Laurel. I'm am very proud of what EJ has accomplished and like i've said before would jump at the chance to play at UK should they offer, but in all reality if he wants to play college bb he should go to a mid major where he would actually play and contribute, but who could pass up UK? I wish him the best of luck, but BlueSky UK doesn't need EJ.
ballcrazy Wrote:Now Cal comes callin after EJ gets MR Basketball, should have been after him all along .I would tell Cal to go jump in Fishtrap Lake, if i were EJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would advise you to do a history lesson and see how many players have used the Sweet Sixteen to vault into their college careers. Justice was really impressive during the tourney on the biggest stage of his life. He answered a lot of question marks about his game. IMO if this did not seem like he is a lock to one of the in state schools you would see more schools getting id.
Yes I was short and to the point.... I do believe KY needs help from outside, I believe they need help on getting the ball inside. I am not too impressed with the schedule they played, however on fairness to them they did not know so many teams would be so weak when it was done. They also need more Blue Blood, and those willing to wear the heart of KENTUCKY on there sleeve. The Kentucky boy that will put it all on the line for victory for team. I had plenty of experience around D1 coaches, listening and watching as they looked for the intangables that all teams the nature of KY need. EL FITS WELL!!!!!!