Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lebron, MJ, Wade, Carmelo, Kobe, Iverson, Vince Carter??
^ Kobe has made the all-defensive team like 9 times? Not positive on the exact number. Still he plays D!
launchpad4 Wrote:No question about it. 6 NBA championships and being able to post around 20 a game at 40. MJ is the best player all-time. He was not only a scorer but a great defender as well. He played alot bigger than his 6'6" frame. He could take over both ends of the court unlike Lebron and Kobe who only excel at the offensive end. There will never be another Jordan.

LJ and KB both are great defenders.
Take into consideration that the style of ball when MJ played was a little different then it is now. If you took MJ vs LBJ... LBJ would win everytime in a one on one game. LBJ has a lot to prove but he has so much potential and is still getting better every year, anddd he's doing a lot of big things.. If you want to say that Jamison still averages 16 pts a game with the cavs? then your crazy... Every game I have watched of Jamison he's had 7, 9, 10.. He may have a few 16+ games but he does not average that a game.

On the discussion of Kobe, sorry MJ fans but eventually Kobe will surpass MJ with rings if he doesn't retire by then with the team he has now.
Not to mention Kobe and his 80+ game. Didn't see MJ do that either.
Ballers Wrote:Not to mention Kobe and his 80+ game. Didn't see MJ do that either.

and lebron is a ball hog??
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
Ballers Wrote:Take into consideration that the style of ball when MJ played was a little different then it is now. If you took MJ vs LBJ... LBJ would win everytime in a one on one game. LBJ has a lot to prove but he has so much potential and is still getting better every year, anddd he's doing a lot of big things.. If you want to say that Jamison still averages 16 pts a game with the cavs? then your crazy... Every game I have watched of Jamison he's had 7, 9, 10.. He may have a few 16+ games but he does not average that a game.

On the discussion of Kobe, sorry MJ fans but eventually Kobe will surpass MJ with rings if he doesn't retire by then with the team he has now.

that just means he has had a great team...MJ has no execuse of that though...he had 2 all time top 50 players on his team....Kobe should surpass him though if he stays about 4 more years
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
Ballers Wrote:Take into consideration that the style of ball when MJ played was a little different then it is now. If you took MJ vs LBJ... LBJ would win everytime in a one on one game. LBJ has a lot to prove but he has so much potential and is still getting better every year, anddd he's doing a lot of big things.. If you want to say that Jamison still averages 16 pts a game with the cavs? then your crazy... Every game I have watched of Jamison he's had 7, 9, 10.. He may have a few 16+ games but he does not average that a game.

Take into consideration that they played ruff basketball during jordans time. If you touch lebron or kobe or any superstar there going to the line. And kobe will not surpass MJ in rings.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Take into consideration that they played ruff basketball during jordans time. If you touch lebron or kobe or any superstar there going to the line. And kobe will not surpass MJ in rings.

You have a good point there...All the superstars will get the calls! That is obvious...Dwade, melo, AI, Lebron, kobe, exc all of them will ge the calls
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
theVILLE Wrote:You have a good point there...All the superstars will get the calls! That is obvious...Dwade, melo, AI, Lebron, kobe, exc all of them will ge the calls

The way MJ played the game and the way fouls are called now he would average 20 free throws A game.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:The way MJ played the game and the way fouls are called now he would average 20 free throws A game.

more than that..there is really no way comparing MJ to any of todays players...there are more athletes today that are great players, they officiating, the coaches, the defense
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Take into consideration that they played ruff basketball during jordans time. If you touch lebron or kobe or any superstar there going to the line. And kobe will not surpass MJ in rings.

He could. IMO Kobe has at least one more in him, with the team he has around him. I see him getting #5 this year. The same team is coming back next year with the possibility to three repeat. I could see Kobe trying MJ. He'll at least have 5-7.
Hey, btw, LeBron has 0. Big Grin
Aslan Wrote:He could. IMO Kobe has at least one more in him, with the team he has around him. I see him getting #5 this year. The same team is coming back next year with the possibility to three repeat. I could see Kobe trying MJ. He'll at least have 5-7.

The only problem i see with this lakers team is Ron Artest(Overrated) and Derek fisher losing a step. Any point gaurd, left pretty much is going to flat dominate fisher. Look for the lakers to drop at least one of these next games considering the foul shots jazz shoot at home. Jazz shot more free throws in 1 game vs Denver that what they shot the entire series vs the lakers so far.
Aslan Wrote:He could. IMO Kobe has at least one more in him, with the team he has around him. I see him getting #5 this year. The same team is coming back next year with the possibility to three repeat. I could see Kobe trying MJ. He'll at least have 5-7.

Lebron could end up with 10 rings you never know....I mean your counting your chickens before they hatch! I mean pau gasol and bynum stay healthy is the question....Lebron will win a ring this year and he will win his fair share of rings in his career
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
theVILLE Wrote:Lebron could end up with 10 rings you never know....I mean your counting your chickens before they hatch! I mean pau gasol and bynum stay healthy is the question....Lebron will win a ring this year and he will win his fair share of rings in his career

Will NOT win one this year. And he may end up winning some (if he plays with Kobe or Kobe retires first) lol
K_Mac Wrote:Will NOT win one this year. And he may end up winning some (if he plays with Kobe or Kobe retires first) lol

lol. Kobe has won one ring since shaq left. Lol, Isnt like he has dominated the rings since lebron has came into the league. I believe the pistons stopped lebron in the playoffs many of times lol.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:lol. Kobe has won one ring since shaq left. Lol, Isnt like he has dominated the rings since lebron has came into the league. I believe the pistons stopped lebron in the playoffs many of times lol.

This is true lol. Point is if he played with Kobe im certain they would win one lol. Im also confident if Kobe retired, it would make it easier.
not really...Kobe has a great team as does lebron right now....Lebron is better than kobe, endo of convo
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
K_Mac Wrote:This is true lol. Point is if he played with Kobe im certain they would win one lol. Im also confident if Kobe retired, it would make it easier.

Look for bosh to join wade in miami and them to become a dominate force for the next 5 years,
theVILLE Wrote:not really...Kobe has a great team as does lebron right now....Lebron is better than kobe, endo of convo

Kobe is better then Lebron. End of discussion, case closed.
k_mac Wrote:kobe is better then lebron. End of discussion, case closed.

nope disagree!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
theVILLE Wrote:nope disagree!

And I disagree with you. Nothing new.
theVILLE Wrote:Lebron could end up with 10 rings you never know....I mean your counting your chickens before they hatch! I mean pau gasol and bynum stay healthy is the question....Lebron will win a ring this year and he will win his fair share of rings in his career

Lol, please.
Aslan Wrote:Lol, please.

Theville should be a comedian!
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Look for bosh to join wade in miami and them to become a dominate force for the next 5 years,

Add Lebron lol,

With Kobe picing up $5 as aslan stated 30 times int his thread and lerbon falling short, as everyone else stated in this thread. How close does KB come to MJ at this point. IMO no one will ever pass him.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Add Lebron lol,

With Kobe picing up $5 as aslan stated 30 times int his thread and lerbon falling short, as everyone else stated in this thread. How close does KB come to MJ at this point. IMO no one will ever pass him.

Kobe has a very realistic chance in ending his career with more rings than MJ.
It's sad but true.
This is a great thread to bring back.

I am the last to say it but if Kobe gets #7, a serious debate could be had between him and Jordan. I am not saying he is better, but when the cast around a player COMPLETELY changes like it has around Kobe and he still wins, that is impressive.

BTW- Jordan still gets it for me.

Also, can we replace Vince Carter with Tim Duncan. Timmy has to be BY FAR the most under-rated player of ALL TIME in any sport. Probably the greatest PF to ever play.
Ballers Wrote:Kobe has a very realistic chance in ending his career with more rings than MJ.
It's sad but true.

The thing is, MJ has 6 championships. 6 Time final MVP, he was the man in all his championships while shaq completely ruled the NBA his first 3 championships. I believe MJ had 5 MVP's Right?

All NBA First Defensive Team Selections: 9 (NBA Record)
All NBA First Team Selections: 10
Defensive Player of the Year: 1998
NBA Scoring Titles: 10 (7 Consecutively)
NBA Finals MVP: 6
NBA Regular Season MVP: 5
Number of NBA Championships Won: 6
Career Points Per Game Average: 30.1 (1st in NBA History)
Yep, he had 5 MVP's.
No one will ever pass MJ, but Kobe is the closet ever at the 2 guard position.
Kobe is in the top 10 players ever, if he keeps breaking records he will only move up, but never pass MJ.
Shaq is the man. If Heat dont win this year Id rather see Boston win. Anyone but Lakers cause I hate them and me+aslan+zaga has a bet on it lol...
Wildcatk23 Wrote:The thing is, MJ has 6 championships. 6 Time final MVP, he was the man in all his championships while shaq completely ruled the NBA his first 3 championships. I believe MJ had 5 MVP's Right?

All NBA First Defensive Team Selections: 9 (NBA Record)
All NBA First Team Selections: 10
Defensive Player of the Year: 1998
NBA Scoring Titles: 10 (7 Consecutively)
NBA Finals MVP: 6
NBA Regular Season MVP: 5
Number of NBA Championships Won: 6
Career Points Per Game Average: 30.1 (1st in NBA History)

And he did all that scoring while shooting right at 50 percent for his career, the year that he averaged 35 points per game he shot nearly 54% from the field. And he did this while being double teamed, taking cheap shots and going up against much better interior players when he went to the basket. Their are a lot of great point guards and wing players now, but not nearly the depth at center as there was when he played. Kobe is a great player and the closest thing to Jordan right now, but he is still short of the greatest of all time.