Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lebron To Miami!
I love this lebron kobe matchup junk, What the lakers better be worried about is bosh.

There inside game is what got their championship.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Well lebron just went to miami over chicago...

Jordan has no loyalty to Chicago after the owner disbanded that awesome team.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:WARNING: Watch with caution...

That should end the Kobe/Lebron debate :Thumbs:
PC_You_Know Wrote:That's cool...but Kobe has played with a top 50 all time player in his prime, LeBron hasn't...this year will change that. We'll see what LeBron can do now. Dwyane Wade said it best to Rachel Nichols, NOBODY has won it all alone.

Well I've been saying this all alone, for the past two years. Everyone always brings it up when Kobe/Lebron discussion begins - that Kobe couldn't have done it without Shaq or Gasol. Well 'duh' to those who actually argued with me about it.

The Heat certainly have the foundation built, but as of right now, they don't have a true big-man that can guard a Dwight Howard, Pau Gasol, Andrew Bynum, etc. Once they get a decent bench and a true big man, like a Kendrick Perkins, then that's when the Heat will become the team to beat in the NBA. Anyone who thinks they can waltz right through the league with a few role players and three of the NBAs best, is crazy! But we will see.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Well I've been saying this all alone, for the past two years. Everyone always brings it up when Kobe/Lebron discussion begins - that Kobe couldn't have done it without Shaq or Gasol. Well 'duh' to those who actually argued with me about it.

The Heat certainly have the foundation built, but as of right now, they don't have a true big-man that can guard a Dwight Howard, Pau Gasol, Andrew Bynum, etc. Once they get a decent bench and a true big man, like a Kendrick Perkins, then that's when the Heat will become the team to beat in the NBA. Anyone who thinks they can waltz right through the league with a few role players and three of the NBAs best, is crazy! But we will see.

Your right... Chris Bosh isn't considered a big man is he... Neither is Lebron who could probably dunk on 3 big men at the same time.
Ballers Wrote:Your right... Chris Bosh isn't considered a big man is he... Neither is Lebron who could probably dunk on 3 big men at the same time.

I've read all your posts in this thread and you obviously have no basketball IQ at all, so I'm not wasting my time with you.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I've read all your posts in this thread and you obviously have no basketball IQ at all, so I'm not wasting my time with you.

Right again.. No basketball IQ... Only true sport I like to watch and actually still compete in.. How many leagues have you played in I wonder?
Ballers Wrote:Right again.. No basketball IQ... Only true sport I like to watch and actually still compete in.. How many leagues have you played in I wonder?

Just because you compete in basketball still doesn't mean you have a high basketball IQ. I don't know if the only thing you can do it shoot it or just be able to jump, nor do I care - because whether you play or played basketball has zero meaning to this thread or website.

I say the Heat need to add a true big-man, you say they already have Chris Bosh, who plays the 4, then you say they have Lebron who can dunk on big guys, but Lebron plays the 3. Who's going to play the 5? Because that's the positions I'm talking about. But let me guess - you're going to say, they don't need a big-man, they have Bosh and James to get all the rebounds and alter all the shots. So I'm going to go ahead and take a step forward and ask you this also, what happens when Bosh gets into foul trouble? Who replaces him?

You also probably think the Heat are going to blow-out everyone in their path to the Finals this season also, just because they have three of the better players in the league, but what you don't know is that there is a high demand for role players in Miami and that's something the Heat simply cannot afford to get this season. Maybe next year they can get some better players to play with the big-three, but right now and for this season, it's going to be 3 vs. 5.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Just because you compete in basketball still doesn't mean you have a high basketball IQ. I don't know if the only thing you can do it shoot it or just be able to jump, nor do I care - because whether you play or played basketball has zero meaning to this thread or website.

I say the Heat need to add a true big-man, you say they already have Chris Bosh, who plays the 4, then you say they have Lebron who can dunk on big guys, but Lebron plays the 3. Who's going to play the 5? Because that's the positions I'm talking about. But let me guess - you're going to say, they don't need a big-man, they have Bosh and James to get all the rebounds and alter all the shots. So I'm going to go ahead and take a step forward and ask you this also, what happens when Bosh gets into foul trouble? Who replaces him?

You also probably think the Heat are going to blow-out everyone in their path to the Finals this season also, just because they have three of the better players in the league, but what you don't know is that there is a high demand for role players in Miami and that's something the Heat simply cannot afford to get this season. Maybe next year they can get some better players to play with the big-three, but right now and for this season, it's going to be 3 vs. 5.

Ok fair enough... But you have to think.. You could put in 2 scrubs with these 3, and they would more than likely still dominate.. They have plenty of length.. Is everyone forgetting about Varnado from Miss St.? Yeah, hes a rookie but he led the NCAA ALL-TIME in blocked shots.. They also are hoping to keep Haslem.. Haslem and Varnado will feel the gap for the center position you speak of. This stuff is just IMO, so IMO Heat is gonna take the East and playoffs.. So no need to bite my hand off.
Ballers Wrote:Ok fair enough... But you have to think.. You could put in 2 scrubs with these 3, and they would more than likely still dominate.. They have plenty of length.. Is everyone forgetting about Varnado from Miss St.? Yeah, hes a rookie but he led the NCAA ALL-TIME in blocked shots.. They also are hoping to keep Haslem.. Haslem and Varnado will feel the gap for the center position you speak of. This stuff is just IMO, so IMO Heat is gonna take the East and playoffs.. So no need to bite my hand off.

Both Haslem and Varnado wouldn't last a minute with a true NBA center. I'll give you the fact that Varnado can alter some shots, but he's lucky to be 210lbs wet. Actual NBA centers that you will see in the playoffs will have those two for lunch. Dexter Pittman (the other draft pick) has a shot at becoming a decent big man, but he's so overweight and moves too slow. Also, of course the Heat will win 50-60+ games this upcoming season, but in the playoffs, depth plays a huge role and players will get into foul trouble. That's my point.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Both Haslem and Varnado wouldn't last a minute with a true NBA center. I'll give you the fact that Varnado can alter some shots, but he's lucky to be 210lbs wet. Actual NBA centers that you will see in the playoffs will have those two for lunch. Dexter Pittman (the other draft pick) has a shot at becoming a decent big man, but he's so overweight and moves too slow. Also, of course the Heat will win 50-60+ games this upcoming season, but in the playoffs, depth plays a huge role and players will get into foul trouble. That's my point.

Cousins scored 29 points in the two games against Varnado. So obviously Varnado can play some defense considering every UK fan says Cousins will go for 20+ every game. Varnado also scored 28 in those two games, I think Varnado has just as good a chance as Pittman to become a decent NBA center. Rarely do I do this, but I agree with Ballers, he's the all-time NCAA shot blocker for a reason.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Both Haslem and Varnado wouldn't last a minute with a true NBA center. I'll give you the fact that Varnado can alter some shots, but he's lucky to be 210lbs wet. Actual NBA centers that you will see in the playoffs will have those two for lunch. Dexter Pittman (the other draft pick) has a shot at becoming a decent big man, but he's so overweight and moves too slow. Also, of course the Heat will win 50-60+ games this upcoming season, but in the playoffs, depth plays a huge role and players will get into foul trouble. That's my point.

Well I guess they better feed him good then huh? TongueirateSho
PC_You_Know Wrote:Cousins scored 29 points in the two games against Varnado. So obviously Varnado can play some defense considering every UK fan says Cousins will go for 20+ every game. Varnado also scored 28 in those two games, I think Varnado has just as good a chance as Pittman to become a decent NBA center. Rarely do I do this, but I agree with Ballers, he's the all-time NCAA shot blocker for a reason.

Why thank you sir, it's not a Duke topic so we're good lol..
Ballers Wrote:Why thank you sir, it's not a Duke topic so we're good lol..

Or a UK topic.:wink:
PC_You_Know Wrote:Cousins scored 29 points in the two games against Varnado. So obviously Varnado can play some defense considering every UK fan says Cousins will go for 20+ every game. Varnado also scored 28 in those two games, I think Varnado has just as good a chance as Pittman to become a decent NBA center. Rarely do I do this, but I agree with Ballers, he's the all-time NCAA shot blocker for a reason.

I never once said Varnado couldn't play defense.

He was a good college player, but we will so how his game translates to the NBA.
Aslan Wrote:Jordan has no loyalty to Chicago after the owner disbanded that awesome team.

Its still chicago.

Yeah, Adam Morrison won player of the year while he was in college and many other accolades than Varnado and he don't even get to dress for the Lakers. I've seen many good college players do nothing in the NBA.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Its still chicago.

Lol.
Aslan Wrote:Yeah, Adam Morrison won player of the year while he was in college and many other accolades than Varnado and he don't even get to dress for the Lakers. I've seen many good college players do nothing in the NBA.

Adam Morrison is a really bad diabetic.. This is probably one reason he is having problems in the NBA... That and he came from Gonzaga lol..
I think Chris Bosh defended against centers last season, didn't he? But I thought I heard that he didn't want to guard centers anymore. In this case, you would just need to get a tall center who could prevent opposing centers from getting easy rebounds or easy shots. I would recommend getting Zydrunas Ilgauskas and another tall center and rotating them to help them keep their stamina throughout the game.
Deathstar 80 Wrote:I think Chris Bosh defended against centers last season, didn't he? But I thought I heard that he didn't want to guard centers anymore. In this case, you would just need to get a tall center who could prevent opposing centers from getting easy rebounds or easy shots. I would recommend getting Zydrunas Ilgauskas and another tall center and rotating them to help them keep their stamina throughout the game.

I would say Ilgauskas is out of the question for Miami.. Too high profile/big money..
Ballers Wrote:Adam Morrison is a really bad diabetic.. This is probably one reason he is having problems in the NBA... That and he came from Gonzaga lol..

I'll give ya that jus bc of zagafan love for them Big Grin
Ballers Wrote:I would say Ilgauskas is out of the question for Miami.. Too high profile/big money..

For Ilgauskas?
Don't hate on the Zags....
and btw....
2011 NBA Finals - Lakers over Bulls in 6
Ya heard it here first Wink
I am hoping for a LA-Miami Final, but I'm still not ready to say it will happen. I'll have to wait and see who the Heat fill their roster with. They still need a large body to play center, grab some boards, and take the pressure off of Bosh in the paint.
zaga_fan Wrote:Don't hate on the Zags....
and btw....
2011 NBA Finals - Lakers over Bulls in 6
Ya heard it here first Wink

I've heard it all now..
they are going to beat the lakers in the finals