Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SV Basketball Coach out???
It seems to me that whoever SV has as coach, half the county hates him. I guess SV is the UK of the 15th region. Rodney Rowe was an excellent coach! Should not have forced to retire. Booher seems to be a pretty good coach also. Reg Campionship and runner-up?
You SV fans don't know how great you got it. You have a great group of young kids ready and willing to play for you, if everyone could get onj the same page, You could dominate for years to come. Good luck to your team, and I hope you all join them someday.
[quote author=SV Wildcats link=topic=16834.msg213372#msg213372 date=1142689202]
[quote author=NoWeakness link=topic=16834.msg212896#msg212896 date=1142619772]
[quote author=SV Wildcats link=topic=16834.msg212323#msg212323 date=1142518819]
OMG Everyone keeps saying Virgie has holdbacks is the reason that they were so good the last 2 yrs. The Newsome boys are not holdbacks. Just good ball players. Also Cody Varney is not a holdback another good ballplayer. Not everyone thinks they have to hold their child back in school so he/she will be the next big STAR. Some parents have faith in their childrens abilitiy to play ball. Give the kids credit where credit is due.
[/quote]

Sheww please dont post anymore, all the boys you mention are HOLDBACKS and Varney doesn't play for Virgie. Sounds like you definatley know what your talking about. And if you want to talk about Virgie lets talk about who started the streak of 4 or 5 County titles in a row it was the Senior boys at Valley and guess what? NONE of them players were HOLDBACKS, a few played this year at Valley but most didnt. Seth Kiser never won a County Tournament but they still spoiled him to death and always tryed to place him high above everyone else in gradeschool and highschool and then they see how Seth treats them in return, Good decision. I'm not dissing Seth because he was great but this is why kids lose interest in basketball, because the parents fill their kid full of shit.
[/quote]

I no that Cody plays for Dorton and yes I do no what i'm talking about. I work at the school where these boys started kindergarten and was with them each yr. in their class rooms until they went to the middle school. This will make their 3rd. yr at the middle school so yes I no what i'm talking about and no they have not been held back.
[/quote]

Yep, and they been driving to school for two of them
No Virgie Middle School starts off in the 6th grade .
Has been for awhile
Never once did I say that Seth and others were not hold backs because I knew that they were. I was talking about Taylor, Tyler Newsome and Cody Varney. I have the year books to prove it. Like I said I worked at their grade school until they finished the 5th grade and they have been at the Middle School school for the last 3yrs . They began in the middle school in the 2003/2004 school year You due the math
[quote author=SV Wildcats link=topic=16834.msg214128#msg214128 date=1142816136]
Has been for awhile
Never once did I say that Seth and others were not hold backs because I knew that they were. I was talking about Taylor, Tyler Newsome and Cody Varney. I have the year books to prove it. Like I said I worked at their grade school until they finished the 5th grade and they have been at the Middle School school for the last 3yrs . They began in the middle school in the 2003/2004 school year You due the math
[/quote]

I never was really that good at math.  I do know that two of those 8th graders are 11 months and 13 months older than my freshman son... So that math problem doesnt add up to me.
[quote author=NoWeakness
Quote:

I've seen some stupid posts but this tops all. Obviously you have no basketball IQ. Any coach could have a winning season at Valley and a half way decent can get lucky and win a Regional title but barely. And that's just because the 15th Region is terrible right now. HAHA and as far as Belfry goes, Booher had Maynard,Case,Jones,Doug Howard and could have had his best player Paul Howard but Booher kicked him off the team . So your saying he didn't have any talent at Belfry I beg to differ. How is Booher still in the rebuilding stage at Valley theres nothing to rebuild besides adminstrators. His own players will tell you his ruined more at the school than anyone coud have imagined. People at Belfry was jumping for joy when he left.
Quote:

Our opinions combined mean about as much as a hill of beans when it comes down to it because neither of us have enough credibility to assess the situation from any other standpoint than as a fan of the game. I respect your opinion, but are you saying that Rowe/Booher are mediocre coaches and that SV could have thrown me or you in there and that we could have produced the same results or better with that system. Sure SV has had a lot of talent over the years but they have also had a lot of egocentric players that have to be taken care of. Past SV coaches have let kids like that run the program because they care too much about themselves and their record. Booher did the right thing when he cut Howard because Howard was only concerned with himself. He also had the balls to let Kiser go when he felt there was nothing more he could do and for that I respect his decisions for the team and not the player or his W-L record.
Also, I did not say that Belfry didn't have any talent at the time Booher was coaching. I'm saying that they have the nicest facilties in Pike Co. now and I'm sure that along with playing time this attracted a lot of players from West Virginia.
[quote author=BasketBallonlyfan link=topic=16834.msg214400#msg214400 date=1142890720]
[quote author=SV Wildcats link=topic=16834.msg214128#msg214128 date=1142816136]
Has been for awhile
[/quote]

I never was really that good at math. I do know that two of those 8th graders are 11 months and 13 months older than my freshman son... So that math problem doesnt add up to me.
[/quote]

That's because the parents didn't send them to school right off. They kept them home for a yr. But they have not been held back in school.
Rowe, Booher who gives a flying turd...It doesnt matter who the coach is because the parents and the community are always going to be idiots about the situation..Look at whats happened at Shelby Valley in the last few years

3 Football Coaches in like 3 years
2 Basketabll coaches in the last 3 years
2 Baseball coaches in the last 2 years
2 Girls Basketball coaches in the last 2 years
Probly soccer and volleyball to for all I know...But the parents are always going to whine about it all...Sv parents are a joke and make the school look bad while doin so.
[quote author=eldorado link=topic=16834.msg214410#msg214410 date=1142893452]
Also, I did not say that Belfry didn't have any talent at the time Booher was coaching. I'm saying that they have the nicest facilties in Pike Co. now and I'm sure that along with playing time this attracted a lot of players from West Virginia.
[/quote]

Really? 4 kids out of about 35 from WVa. on the basketball team, 1 of which has went to school in Ky since he was in 6th grade, and one since 8th grade and the other 2 came at the beginning of this year.

And was Kelsey and Bentley originally from Valley?
[quote author=NEXT link=topic=16834.msg214779#msg214779 date=1142930428]
[/quote]
I'm not sure about Bentley but I do know for a fact Kelsey was indeed from the SV area.

Really? 4 kids out of about 35 from WVa. on the basketball team, 1 of which has went to school in Ky since he was in 6th grade, and one since 8th grade and the other 2 came at the beginning of this year.

[/quote]
[quote author=NEXT link=topic=16834.msg214779#msg214779 date=1142930428]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Kelsey Friend was.  He went to Virgie through the 7th grade.  He went to Pikeville for his 8th grade year only.  Then he came back to Shelby Valley for high school.  You might want to do some research before you go posting things...
I don't care where you work... I know their fathers and they have been held back one year for sure and maybe two.  .  Booher should be fired because he lets his players do whatever they want and draws no boundries and shows no professionalism.  ROdney Rowe is done.  DOO DDOOOO no go...horrible.  Now Greg Newsome maybe...give the guy a shot he has talent coming up he already knows so it makes sense.  Shelby Valley will be go if they had no coach at all...but they need a leader and a person to guide them to state.
I dont think he lets them do what they want.  Isnt that why all the players quit this year?  I just dont see why there is a question about him being fired anyways.  One regional title and one regional runner up in two years is a good thing it would seem. 

As far as your names for coaches if he was replaced.  Rodney, I dont think he would go back to coaching at Valley.  Doe Doe... never seen him coach before, but he is a heck of a man.  I am sure he would do good.  But has he coached before?  Greg, why dont he assistant coach at the high school level before he takes over a head coaching job like almost all the other coaches has to do. 
:party:  He doesn't need tobe an assistant... just look at his past and his record stands for himself.  I think all or most parents would be behind him since the players will play for him.  Are you mad because the current assistant would be passed up?  Greg has much experiance on him.  Let him assist Greg.
pedro Wrote::party:  He doesn't need tobe an assistant... just look at his past and his record stands for himself.  I think all or most parents would be behind him since the players will play for him.  Are you mad because the current assistant would be passed up?  Greg has much experiance on him.  Let him assist Greg.
I am still trying to figure out why they want to get rid of Booher... ALOT of schools would love to have had the sucess they had the last two years.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
Maybe Belfry would take him back since he had such good success there. The talent has made him look good at Valley and thats it. There was alot of breaking rules at Valley but Booher overlooked it for certain players.
King James Wrote:Kelsey Friend was. He went to Virgie through the 7th grade. He went to Pikeville for his 8th grade year only. Then he came back to Shelby Valley for high school. You might want to do some research before you go posting things...

Oh I do my research, I was asst. coach At Turkey Creek those few years, I know where Kelsey lives, and I know where he played ball at.......YOU might not want to throw rocks when living in a glass house.
NEXT Wrote:Oh I do my research, I was asst. coach At Turkey Creek those few years, I know where Kelsey lives, and I know where he played ball at...

Then you know that Kelsey lived at Lizzie Fork, which is on the other side of Shelby Valley High School. So for Kelsey to attend Pikeville he would have to pass Shelby Valley to get there. And you think he should actually have been a Pikeville student..
pedro Wrote:I don't care where you work... I know their fathers and they have been held back one year for sure and maybe two.Â* .Â*a.

Well if we are talking about the same Taylor, Tyler and Cody then no they haven't been held back in school, before they started but not after and if you knew their fathers so well you would no this.
They should of left the Rowe's in there
Basketballer Wrote:They should of left the Rowe's in there

Seems like old Booher is doing a fine job taking there place...
NoWeakness Wrote:Not near as many players quit Rowe's team maybe one or two. Because with Rowe coaching they actually have a chance at beating Lexington comepetition and with anyone else coaching at Valley they will be lucky to win Region like they was last year.

Who better to coach against Lexington teams than Booher? He was an assistant coach for North Laurel HS and helped them get to the Sweet 16 twice against Lexington competition. As for "not near as many players quitting Rowe's team." They didn't have to quit because he made sure he did everything he could do to weed them out, even after they made the team.
Rowe's teams that went to state played Louisville Ballard well and played Oldham Co well and Boohers team got blew out by a Henry Clay thay wasn't half as good as the other teams.
Don't forget that Seth Kiser would have made a huge difference that year. Also, it seems like almost every team that beats a team from the 15th region goes on to win the championship.
I think that booher coached North Hardin not North Laurel. And i believe that was when North Hardin had Quinton Smith Mr Basketball canidate and i believe he went on to be a for year starter at Morehead U. So that North Hardin team was pretty good that year. And they still didnt make it to the finals i think that only one like one game that year.
You are right mojo. North Hardin usually has a pretty talented squad. I would still like to see a team represent well from the 15th like Paintsville did back in the '90s. Those were the good ole days.
He wasn't the head coach for North Hardin just one of many assistants.
We know, but thanks.
I thought he was a good coach
I think that Booher has done a good job at Shelby Valley. He seems to have them on track. They are young, but they will be a force in the 15Th next year.