•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 2011
jay cobb
Is it a done deal because thats who I have heard also he has done great things at somerset.
Jay Cobb has never coached in a State Champioship game.
I'm hearing Jay Cobb.
Cobb has been mentioned in every job open in the free world in the last few years. This year alone he has applied for at least 7 different jobs I know for sure. He is the poster job for instability!!!!

If SV wants to build and maintain a winning program Cobb is not the answer!!!!!!!!
sportscritic Wrote:I was at the Valley ball game last night and got the name of the new coach. It will be a big surprise. It is a great hire and it is an outsider. He may have won just four games last year but he is a big name. Dont know how long he is going to stay though.

100% U heard it first.

LOL. No decision is close to being made. Go ahead and take Copley's name out of the mix. Not going to happen.
I would not think that interviews would have even started yet. I would bet that most of the attention is being focused on the basketball team as it should be since they had a great win the other night.
stepp is the man!!!!!!!!!!!
Since you mention it, Jay Cobb will be the new coach, trust me..
Cobb used to be an assistant coach there at Shelby Valley in the early 1990's
sportscritic Wrote:Since you mention it, Jay Cobb will be the new coach, trust me..

I hate to disappoint you but Jay Cobb is not interested in coming to Shelby Valley. Now they may want him to come but I can assure you that it is not going to happen
Little Man Wrote:Is it a done deal because thats who I have heard also he has done great things at somerset.

Did a decent job at Somerset. In his first and only year at 1A Cambellsville (2010) he led them to a 4-7 record. Don't think he coached in 2009. The guy (Robbie Lucas) that replaced him at 3A Somerset in 2009 went undefeated until the state title game his first year (lost to Paducah Tilghman).
His last year at Somerset (2008), had a 5-6 record. So, from what I understand, the last two seasons he's coached, was 4-7 and 5-6. Just some facts from the last 2-3 years.
hardcore1 Wrote:I hate to disappoint you but Jay Cobb is not interested in coming to Shelby Valley. Now they may want him to come but I can assure you that it is not going to happen

Yeah, same thing I heard. I heard it was his wife not wanting to come.
I also heard he had an altercation with someone from the board at Cambellsville. Wonder if there's anything to that?
Anybody know what SV's schedule looks like for this season? Who's on it?
You hear these same names Jay Cobb, Copley it looks to me they would want some stability in the program as well as the community. Jay Cobb stays no where, copley no more than two years anywhere. What are these guys great interviews they get every job in the world but never really never accomplish anything. Just Sayin
Hustle Wrote:Yeah, same thing I heard. I heard it was his wife not wanting to come.

Why would someone go from the city to extreme nowhere
It will be a rough job, I say give it to Roberts, Hampton, or Branham. See how a in house guy will do.
Sp who interviewed yesterday? And why would it be a rough job?
Well, first of all in a district with Pburg and leslie county. not to mention when you go to playoffs look at the other side of district.And a tough non district schedule. And the kids you are going to lose to pikeville when you play them.
Michael Roberts or Anthony Hampton would be the only smart hire...IMO Cobb brings instability and Chapman would bring the KHSAA down on Valley and I'm sure Branham will never coach again. Of course these are all just opinions.
wow talking about how did they here that. I'm hereing a couple young men from the city is coming to Valley to play football because they see no future in the other schools Basketball .
coach Norman is now an asst at Pike County Central, just got the news yesterday at work.

Coach Chapman isnt going anywhere either, espically to Shelby Valley, he has a preseason top 5 team in the state next season.
The HAWKATTACK Wrote:coach Norman is now an asst at Pike County Central, just got the news yesterday at work.

Coach Chapman isnt going anywhere either, espically to Shelby Valley, he has a preseason top 5 team in the state next season.

So will Pike Central play Shelby Valley? I think I read on here Norman has a son that is a dynamite player. Will he also be at PC?
bluebloodedcatfan Wrote:wow talking about how did they here that. I'm hereing a couple young men from the city is coming to Valley to play football because they see no future in the other schools Basketball .
lol! I just heard a few hrs. ago, that at least two from valley are transferring into P.H.S. to play football. Hmmm!
Big Five-0- Wrote:lol! I just heard a few hrs. ago, that at least two from valley are transferring into P.H.S. to play football. Hmmm!

Sounds like S.V. needs to hire a coach that will calm the waters on the home front and get ready for the 2011 season!
The HAWKATTACK Wrote:coach Norman is now an asst at Pike County Central, just got the news yesterday at work.

Good grief... where did that one come from???

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
When in doubt, hire Erik Ratliff.
Alpha_Male Wrote:Michael Roberts or Anthony Hampton would be the only smart hire...IMO Cobb brings instability and Chapman would bring the KHSAA down on Valley and I'm sure Branham will never coach again. Of course these are all just opinions.

I am by no means partial to Cobb, but I don't understand the instability comments? He was at Knott Co. Central for a couple years, then at Somerset for about 10, until things seemed to break bad so-to-speak. He accepted the Henderson County job a few years back, only to back out a few days afterwards and then he took the Knott job again, only to pull out late and take the Campbellsville job where he was this year. To me, he has had 1 year of "instability", which, many head coaches have had a taste of if they have stayed in the profession long enough? Then again, maybe it's just me and my optimistic views. I tend to look at the overall body of work instead of a couple blemishes that one might carry.

Like I said, I'm not a Cobb homer, but if we are going to look at the negatives, then we also need to acknowledge the positives that he brings to the table.
Foxtrot Wrote:So will Pike Central play Shelby Valley? I think I read on here Norman has a son that is a dynamite player. Will he also be at PC?

If you read that on here then you read wrong. He had 6 TDs and 11 INTs last season and can't throw a ball farther than 25 yards but yeah he's pretty dynamite! :igiveup:
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next