Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cordia 74 - East Ridge 66
ANEWPAT Wrote:.

Oh man, now you have really hurt my feelings. You don't want to be friends. Can't remember which one of you it was, but one of you said that you shouldn't hate on someone you don't even know. :eyeroll:

I meant we can be friends and have harsh debates. I don't know who your teams are but I am a Cordia fan and I am a Perry fan.
RollTribe Wrote:Bottom Line. Leaders have to be respected. If a few dont respect their leader they have to go, if all dont respect their leader, the leader has to go. Schools have special programs to help troubled youth and youth in need, and last I checked basketball was a sport for athletes, played in a gym with coaches supervision,, not a support program to bring in guidance couselors, social services, churches and 12step programs so kids can find a way out of abusive homes, get off drugs, or find an inner peace! I applaud coaches who do make the extra effort to help kids in need of certian things and I applaud student athletes who see the opportunity to better themselves and thier futures through sports but if you are detrimental to the team as a whole (coach or player) and a coach doesnt have to help troubled youth at the expense of the rest of his team to be considered a good coach.

I don't agree with all of this. I do agree with most of it. If you knew the history of all the posting on here, you would realize that I am not actually arguing that Rhodes should be doing any of those things. I am just saying if he's not doing those things, then the Cordia fan base, at least the ones on here, needs tell like it is. And, if he wants credit were credit is due, then he is going to take responsibility for the mistakes also.
RollTribe Wrote:Bottom Line. Leaders have to be respected. If a few dont respect their leader they have to go, if all dont respect their leader, the leader has to go. Schools have special programs to help troubled youth and youth in need, and last I checked basketball was a sport for athletes, played in a gym with coaches supervision,, not a support program to bring in guidance couselors, social services, churches and 12step programs so kids can find a way out of abusive homes, get off drugs, or find an inner peace! I applaud coaches who do make the extra effort to help kids in need of certian things and I applaud student athletes who see the opportunity to better themselves and thier futures through sports but if you are detrimental to the team as a whole (coach or player) and a coach doesnt have to help troubled youth at the expense of the rest of his team to be considered a good coach.

:Thumbs:
WALL2WALL Wrote:I meant we can be friends and have harsh debates. I don't know who your teams are but I am a Cordia fan and I am a Perry fan.

Well, see we sort of have something in common. I was an MC Napier fan. After the consolidation, my loyalties didn't automatically go with PCC. What I normally do is decided at the end of each year who I think will be top of the 14th the next year and that's the team I follow. I had PCC picked this year, but with my much publicize opposition to all schools who have recruited out of state, I am a drifter of sorts this season. I've been going to what ever game I think will be the best game that night. I do believe PCC will win the region, but am hoping KCC does just because they have all mountain boys. Now, next year we might even sit together at some PCC games because I see me being back on the PCC bandwagon and I will probably stay there until after Beverly graduates at least.
ANEWPAT Wrote:Well, see we sort of have something in common. I was an MC Napier fan. After the consolidation, my loyalties didn't automatically go with PCC. What I normally do is decided at the end of each year who I think will be top of the 14th the next year and that's the team I follow. I had PCC picked this year, but with my much publicize opposition to all schools who have recruited out of state, I am a drifter of sorts this season. I've been going to what ever game I think will be the best game that night. I do believe PCC will win the region, but am hoping KCC does just because they have all mountain boys. Now, next year we might even sit together at some PCC games because I see me being back on the PCC bandwagon and I will probably stay there until after Beverly graduates at least.

This will sound odd but I got to explain first. My entire family went to Napier. Mt dad, uncles, aunts, cousins. My cousin Hurley Combs started three years for Al. Best player his Senior year and won Region three times. My grandfather was in the first ever graduating class of M.C. Napier. If the schools hadn't consolidated I would have went to Napier instead of Cordia. I would have went to PCC but my older brother teaches at Cordia and that's the main reason why I went there.

This is the odd part. I may have went to Cordia, and I may be a fan of PCC and Cordia, but I will always be a Navajo because that is in by blood.
ANEWPAT Wrote:Well, see we sort of have something in common. I was an MC Napier fan. After the consolidation, my loyalties didn't automatically go with PCC. What I normally do is decided at the end of each year who I think will be top of the 14th the next year and that's the team I follow. I had PCC picked this year, but with my much publicize opposition to all schools who have recruited out of state, I am a drifter of sorts this season. I've been going to what ever game I think will be the best game that night. I do believe PCC will win the region, but am hoping KCC does just because they have all mountain boys. Now, next year we might even sit together at some PCC games because I see me being back on the PCC bandwagon and I will probably stay there until after Beverly graduates at least.
Recruiting is okay as long as it is a mountain boy, lmao!!! Recruiting is recruiting regardless of where they are from. Jaysean Page dad got a job given to him from NY. Cameron Justice dad (he was the Head coach at East Ridge at the time) got a job given to him by Knott County's Superintendent Kim King who is the sister-in-law of KCC's coach BB King. No difference
WALL2WALL Wrote:This will sound odd but I got to explain first. My entire family went to Napier. Mt dad, uncles, aunts, cousins. My cousin Hurley Combs started three years for Al. Best player his Senior year and won Region three times. My grandfather was in the first ever graduating class of M.C. Napier. If the schools hadn't consolidated I would have went to Napier instead of Cordia. I would have went to PCC but my older brother teaches at Cordia and that's the main reason why I went there.

This is the odd part. I may have went to Cordia, and I may be a fan of PCC and Cordia, but I will always be a Navajo because that is in by blood.

Now, see just that easy and we went from being friends to be family!
OutsideLookingIn Wrote:Recruiting is okay as long as it is a mountain boy, lmao!!! Recruiting is recruiting regardless of where they are from. Jaysean Page dad got a job given to him from NY. Cameron Justice dad (he was the Head coach at East Ridge at the time) got a job given to him by Knott County's Superintendent Kim King who is the sister-in-law of KCC's coach BB King. No difference

Hey, you don't have to like my opinion any more than I have to like yours. I don't have a problem with the mountain kids moving around. Like I said before, I have no problem with the great PCC girls team that we are going to all be watching tonight at the WYMT. I have said it a million times, if I wanted to watch New York boys, Texas boys or Canadian boys play basketball I would move there. I go to alot of grade school/middle school basketball games to. I like watching these kids grow up and see how they mature as players. I want to watch them play. I want the MVP awards going to them. I want the highlights on WYMT being of them. I want all the talk around town to be able them. That's how I feel about. Do I think anyone gives a d*mn how I feel about it? Obviously not. Do I care if they care? Absolutely not. If you are a Jaysean Paige fan, go watch PCC play. I am not a Jaysean Paige fan and I have chosen to not watch PCC play. Like I said, I figure they will win the region. But I will be happy if they don't.
Every time I see a thread with East Ridge involved it seems a heap of debate, controversy, and inmaturity follows. This is rediculous.
You don't have to read it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
itzAmazing Wrote:Every time I see a thread with East Ridge involved it seems a heap of debate, controversy, and inmaturity follows. This is rediculous.

Hey, at least we are talking about Cordia. We could all be making fun of East Ridge for losing to Cordia. Confusednicker:
ANEWPAT Wrote:Hey, at least we are talking about Cordia. We could all be making fun of East Ridge for losing to Cordia. Confusednicker:

No you could not. Real Bad Man would shut it down. :biglmao:
You're all idiots. You should feel bad.