Poll: Who wins ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry
65.38%
Ashland
34.62%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry @ Ashland 10/5
The strength of this Belfry team is up front on both sides of the ball and the linebackers. I would expect a real battle up front from both teams and if other things equal out, I would think the play along the lines will be big in determining the winner.
Belfry by 6.
^ the game will absolutely come down to the LOS, bit if it is close, a couple big plays in the passing game could make a dramatic difference
I'm going to change my prediction on this...I might actually go with Belfry. If Ashland (or either) team wins, it will be by a small margin. This isn't a state title game, so I don't expect Belfry to choke it away.
FBALL Wrote:It's a hole BADCAT.

I'm not mad. Ashland is a better team than Russell right now. That hasn't always been and won't always be the case.

There ain't nothin Grand about it. But it is old.

I think the Tom Kittens win this game. They have as much speed and depth as anybody.

Dang. Fball I do believe I struck a nerve? Ha. Just busting ur chops ole buddy
Its as a GRAND. A place you'll ever see. I think time an time again on Many threads about most memorable places to play or one of greatest places to play a game PUTNAM stands alone in this part an from what I've read most parts of the state people just seem to enjoy the atmosphere its very unique they don't build them like that anymore. As far as those locker rooms while they may be stark concrete floors an walls. It is what it is a room with bathroom, benches an some chairs an a chalk board. What you want a freaking spa treatment you Russell guys are just high maintenance. Im still trying to get some of that out of my wife! (ex russell girl)
PaytoPlay Wrote:Messer could play a factor in the passing game. Ashland's Secondary looks to be made up of shorter guys to my eye.

You are right there's a couple queen is small but fiesty, an I've noticed they don't hesitate to pull him an use the equally or better in my opinion sophomore hunter prince who is 6'2" an also Myles Mcgranahan at 6'1" so these guys are there but they can throw many different looks at you with the amount of depth they have.
bucslover68 Wrote:Messer is a mismatch against anyone he plays based on size alone, but they have to run plays for him. 3 catches all of last season is unacceptable to me. In the big games like Ashland, JC, and in the playoffs, two or three big pass plays can make a huge difference.

amen
BADCAT74 Wrote:Dang. Fball I do believe I struck a nerve? Ha. Just busting ur chops ole buddy
Its as a GRAND. A place you'll ever see. I think time an time again on Many threads about most memorable places to play or one of greatest places to play a game PUTNAM stands alone in this part an from what I've read most parts of the state people just seem to enjoy the atmosphere its very unique they don't build them like that anymore. As far as those locker rooms while they may be stark concrete floors an walls. It is what it is a room with bathroom, benches an some chairs an a chalk board. What you want a freaking spa treatment you Russell guys are just high maintenance. Im still trying to get some of that out of my wife! (ex russell girl)

She is your saving Grace.

You didn't strike a nerve. I just really don't like that place. Please renovate. That lockerroom is a dungeon. That crows nest for visiting coaches is a disgrace. I do like the set up but when you guys fixed up the entrance and concession stands you should have done the press box and lockerrooms. That would create a bunch of homeless rats and cockroaches though.

Doesn't help that you've beat us five in a row. Lol
PaytoPlay Wrote:Messer could play a factor in the passing game. Ashland's Secondary looks to be made up of shorter guys to my eye.

I am looking forward to watching Belfry put the ball in the air some... They haven't really done that since I was a player in the "Jonathan Wright Era."
Out of curiosity, how many receptions does Belfrey's leading receiver have? This game will be decided by who physicality not an aerial attack.
washed up Wrote:Out of curiosity, how many receptions does Belfrey's leading receiver have? This game will be decided by who physicality not an aerial attack.

Josh Robinson with 6 catches for 120 yards and 2 TDs.
One catch per game average, how many attempts per game? I just cant see Belfry with more than 3 pass attempts per game. I think the key is the kicking game. The team that has the best average starting field position will win.
Tomcats by 4
washed up Wrote:One catch per game average, how many attempts per game? I just cant see Belfry with more than 3 pass attempts per game. I think the key is the kicking game. The team that has the best average starting field position will win.

Oh Lord! Belfry is in trouble then HAHA

3 Things You Can Count On In Every Belfry Game:
1. A Missed XP
2. A lengthy return by the opposing team that is saved by the safety man
3. Either a kickoff out of bounds at an inopportune time, a very short punt, or the Belfry return man letting the ball hit and it inexplicably rolls an extra 20 yards.

I will say kick coverage has been better it seems the past few weeks and Taylor or Robinson have proven to be very dangerous returning kicks. Teams never seem to kick it off to Belfry so I can't assess their kickoff returns.
^Kicking game I would have to say advantage Ashland the Patrick kid has got a boot on him. Consistently kicks it deep if not in the endzone everytime. An a good punter in Salow.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Oh Lord! Belfry is in trouble then HAHA

3 Things You Can Count On In Every Belfry Game:
1. A Missed XP
2. A lengthy return by the opposing team that is saved by the safety man
3. Either a kickoff out of bounds at an inopportune time, a very short punt, or the Belfry return man letting the ball hit and it inexplicably rolls an extra 20 yards.

I will say kick coverage has been better it seems the past few weeks and Taylor or Robinson have proven to be very dangerous returning kicks. Teams never seem to kick it off to Belfry so I can't assess their kickoff returns.
I've noticed the last few weeks Carr hasn't been changing into his kicking shoe to kick the XP's. Maybe it is because the games weren't competitive and he didn't want to bother, maybe it is something else. But he has been kicking them with just regular cleats, but kicking straight ahead style. This has resulted in a few errant kicks.

It will be interesting to see if he uses the same approach against Ashland or if he changes into the boot.

He has been changing into the kicking shoe prior to kickoffs, just not for XP's.
To all Belfry fans there is a great write up for the game in the Ashland Independent, very professional complimenting both teams. Gonna be a good one, both teams need this game to prepare them for down the road. GO PIRATES!!!!!!!!!!
Pirates
Belfry
Belfry Freak Wrote:To all Belfry fans there is a great write up for the game in the Ashland Independent, very professional complimenting both teams. Gonna be a good one, both teams need this game to prepare them for down the road. GO PIRATES!!!!!!!!!!

It is a real good article and it is nice to see both coaches very complimentary and how they keep in perspective the reason for this game which is to make their team better win or lose.