•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Williamsburg 2014
It is just December, and it is time for the kids to enjoy the weightlifting program and other sports. Williamsburg is in a really good spot with their program right now, because their kids are having fun!!! They go into the off season understanding they have some work to do to reach thier goals. I anticipate a very fun season of football for the Williamsburg community.
1/4bak Wrote:Williamsburg has been the door mat in the district in every sport, as we refered to them the Loserville of the South, till they included these outside kids to get them over the hump.

What are you talking about? I don't get it!!! Are you just trying to hate?
Newjacket Wrote:Now that I know you are a Sizemore fan and not a Williamsburg fan, I will not have to worry about you next year anyway.

Why talk this way? Dalton was a big part of the success at Williamsburg. Last time I checked Dalton wore Williamsburg across his chest.
HardToBeat Wrote:In the last 10 years here is the ranking of the QB's in williamsburg.
1. Greer
2. Moses
3. Frazier
4. Sizemore

How do you come up with that? Each kid was great, and I do not like comparying kids like this. I will say this, Williamsburg was blessed that each of those players worked hard for the Jackets.
HardToBeat and Newjacket I think are Sizemore hater.And shame on them. :Sad04:
Will Williamsburg play a 10 game schedule this year. :Cheerlead
Hell i wouldt mind seeing more of the top 10 teams playing eachother. Schools in the major hs football states travel sometimes a thousand mikes to play. I think there needs to be more games amongst teams from greater distances. Even if they are saturday games. Teams could then, be more prepared for playoff games that force them to travel 3 hrs to get there.
I believe Williamsburg has an opening this year. Would love to play Raceland. This type of game would be beneficial to both teams.
I would love to play pikeville,Raceland and yes hazard also early in the season :Cheerlead
I will hold the contender vote until season. I cannot say that with all of this kind of talk going on. One thing I have learned in all my years is that kids will usually follow suit of what their parents think. I will say this, I have not always agreed with what the coaches say or do here. They are the coaches though and it is their decision. You cannot second guess, or in this case first guess, their decisions. If you do you will tear down the very fabric that holds this TEAM together. I think football is a game where you have got to have one leader and one program. If not you will not make it anywhere.
mysonis55 Wrote:I will hold the contender vote until season. I cannot say that with all of this kind of talk going on. One thing I have learned in all my years is that kids will usually follow suit of what their parents think. I will say this, I have not always agreed with what the coaches say or do here. They are the coaches though and it is their decision. You cannot second guess, or in this case first guess, their decisions. If you do you will tear down the very fabric that holds this TEAM together. I think football is a game where you have got to have one leader and one program. If not you will not make it anywhere.

Now come on mysonis55, I will call us a contender for 2014. I think everybody has smash :dangcompu: thanks goodness from 64SUR
I thank the BURG will make it back to ThE semi finals again this year after that I SAY GO EASTERN KENTUCKY :rockon:TAKE THE STATE:1:
blueman44 Wrote:I thank the BURG will make it back to ThE semi finals again this year after that I SAY GO EASTERN KENTUCKY :rockon:TAKE THE STATE:1:

Showing some respect blueman44 have you gave up on hazard. :biglmao:
64SUR Wrote:Showing some respect blueman44 have you gave up on hazard. :biglmao:
JUST TAKEING ALL OF eastern Kentucky this year :popcorn::rockon:
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Hell i wouldt mind seeing more of the top 10 teams playing eachother. Schools in the major hs football states travel sometimes a thousand mikes to play. I think there needs to be more games amongst teams from greater distances. Even if they are saturday games. Teams could then, be more prepared for playoff games that force them to travel 3 hrs to get there.

A lot of school districts have travel distance rules. Money is tight!!! LCA once had a bowl game with four strong single A teams, but that's been a while ago. You have to think about central locations with multiple games. A showcase game at Eastern or some other turf field that is centrally located. Then there is the whole money things. Small schools need cash to fund their programs.
We know that feeling. If we keep having to buy rings we won't be able to travel more than 30 miles at a time.
mysonis55 Wrote:We know that feeling. If we keep having to buy rings we won't be able to travel more than 30 miles at a time.

That's pretty good!!! We are definetly trying to get to that level. You all definetly taught us a lesson. We just have to work to get a second chance.
mysonis55 Wrote:We know that feeling. If we keep having to buy rings we won't be able to travel more than 30 miles at a time.

Sell us some Mayfield water.:lmao:
I know its a money thing. Thats the other thing with those power ha football states...they gots mo money. Lots of bubble teams at this point. Mayfields histoey and ability to piece things together the last few years, when needed, is really thr only thing that gives me a "favorite" in the class. Who is the beat over all team? Probably Mayfield, but there are so many teams out there trying to piece things together, fill wholes left by graduation, or coaching changes, its really hard to give anyone a clear cut edge. The phrase "why thu play the game" may very well be ever present next season.
Playfast Wrote:How do you come up with that? Each kid was great, and I do not like comparying kids like this. I will say this, Williamsburg was blessed that each of those players worked hard for the Jackets.

From the coach..
HardToBeat Wrote:From the coach..

First I think that ranking is way wrong. Second, comparying kids is a ridiculous notion from the different era's. I know that the post is not in keeping with what being from Williamsburg is all about.
It was just something that i asked about one day and this is what i was told..
:howdy: I hate the running clock rule.when second and third teams gets into a game for one series its over.I think a rule should be made that the winning team should be force to use all of their timeout by the ref.:ref2:
HardToBeat Wrote:It was just something that i asked about one day and this is what i was told..

If i told you to jump would you Confusednicker:
I would like to see the running clock rule go back to 45. 36 is too soon. Just look at Warren Central's comeback this year.
mysonis55 Wrote:I would like to see the running clock rule go back to 45. 36 is too soon. Just look at Warren Central's comeback this year.

Oh heck i cant believe i'm agreeing with mysonis55 Confusedmoke:
but 64 it helped William in BG!

just kidding
MayfieldCardinal, it didn't help as much as the coaches deciding to not throw to Deon after the first 2 touchdowns.
Newjacket Wrote:The QB job is Skylar's. Little Sizemore won't start as a freshman. Truth is the only other possible person that could start is Skylar's little brother, Andrew. The job would be his if he hadn't sat out this year.

How on earth could you possibly know who will start wher? NO one knows the needs of the team or who could possibly develop into what position or for that matter who will be playing and who will not or who will get hurt and be unable to play or who will transfere in or out. at Williamsburg we have great kids and some how it seems to shake out. I believe in Coach Herron I can promise you one thing that I do know for a fact he WILL HAVE THE BEST 11 on the field. I will add that people who mention children's name on here as to wheather they can play or not, I love WHS but this bullshit we don't need go support someone else.
Newjacket Wrote:Don't get me wrong I would love for Skylar to stay at receiver and break all the school receiving records. I just don't believed there is a better option at QB. Skylar was the best middle school QB I have ever seen, but high school is a whole different ball game. I could be wrong though. Like you said, coach will make that choice.

Newjacket With the players and coaches we have at Williamsburg, What we don't need is some one who don.t know bullshit from applebutter about football trying to start off a season this early creating conflict we will be fine without your coaching input. I promise you just settle down you won't influence Jerry one bit. Teach cheerleading or something
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next