Poll: JBS Overrated?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
0%
No
0%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is JBS OverRated?
ok guys this is the way it is, JBS is one of, if not the most, solid team in the 14th they have good post presence, great gaurds (stepps and cox), and apperantly a pretty good coaching staff since there's a bunch of youngsters on the team who can obviously play w/ the big boys.

hazard has an emerging big man in justin jones, a 6'6" sophomore who has the best court vision and presence thats i've seen in a very long time, not to mention his half mile wingspan, and as for hazards gaurds, hicks is very good, but they're gaurd play isn't what it usually is, granted the have an excellent defender in matt williams, he's shown that he struggles with the three ball, but his speed tacked on to his jumping ability and body control make him a VERY good slashing gaurd.

perry central has 6'5 bailey who has shown he can do it all, and they have very solid gaurds, not the top shooters in the 14th but good enough. they dont have any BIG men, but they have a very stout brashear, and jason kelly, who could very well be the best old fashioned three point play maker that i've ever seen.

as for breathitt, not seen them play yet, but i heard they were 15-1 or 16-0 or something impressive like that, i know that hazard got beat by a last second shot, and i've heard they have a very good big man...
#1ukfan Wrote:i think they are overrated because everyone acts like they can't be deafeted but, they can. they act as if they are the king of the 14th but, most of their games have been close. jbs along with hazard are both overrated!!!!!!!
Very True Post
Yes they are overrated. Valley and Paintsville could beat JBS.:thumpsup:
Painstville maybe, but not valley
ok yeah i agree Paintsville would lol.:rockon:
Courtside Wrote:Painstville maybe, but not valley

What logic are you using with that assumption?
I think their either overrated or Cordia is underated. I would say JBS is over.
ok, i guess beating Hazard, and Knott, and Bell is being overrated? you guys are right they are, they just played Mason to a 2 point game, but they are overrated, your right guys, so right
Courtside Wrote:I think their either overrated or Cordia is underated. I would say JBS is over.

and saying a teams overrated because of one game, is pretty hard to do, i mean Pendleton County beat Brossart, are they overrated? no, and SL just beat Paintsville by 1, are they overrated? no
Yeah, yeah, yeah, you always bring up teams throughout the state. Yes, it's one game, but a team that's 5 and 13 nearly beats you on your home floor tells me that you are not as good as you think. 14th region coaches, get your cordia and JBS game tape, see how Coach Honeycutt gets it done.
Courtside Wrote:Yeah, yeah, yeah, you always bring up teams throughout the state. Yes, it's one game, but a team that's 5 and 13 nearly beats you on your home floor tells me that you are not as good as you think. 14th region coaches, get your cordia and JBS game tape, see how Coach Honeycutt gets it done.

yeah, Cordia is a good team, there record doesnt show it, but look at it,a 9 point loss to Lee County, a 6 point loss to Breathitt, and 12 point loss to Perry,2 point loss to Powell Co, and a 5 point loss to Knott Co, and all of these games, where away games except the Knott game, and they have a win over Whitley Co, that beat a good 10-6 Barbourville, and a 2 point win over Leslie Co, Cordia is a good team, who is well coached, they could give any team in the region trouble on any night, JBS didnt play good, until there was around 3 minutes to go, they played down about the whole game
windmill Wrote:yeah, Cordia is a good team, there record doesnt show it, but look at it,a 9 point loss to Lee County, a 6 point loss to Breathitt, and 12 point loss to Perry,2 point loss to Powell Co, and a 5 point loss to Knott Co, and all of these games, where away games except the Knott game, and they have a win over Whitley Co, that beat a good 10-6 Barbourville, and a 2 point win over Leslie Co, Cordia is a good team, who is well coached, they could give any team in the region trouble on any night, JBS didnt play good, until there was around 3 minutes to go, they played down about the whole game

yeah i am going to half to agree with you there cordia is a better team than there record shows but still i don't think jbs played that bad.
windmill Wrote:yeah, Cordia is a good team, there record doesnt show it, but look at it,a 9 point loss to Lee County, a 6 point loss to Breathitt, and 12 point loss to Perry,2 point loss to Powell Co, and a 5 point loss to Knott Co, and all of these games, where away games except the Knott game, and they have a win over Whitley Co, that beat a good 10-6 Barbourville, and a 2 point win over Leslie Co, Cordia is a good team, who is well coached, they could give any team in the region trouble on any night, JBS didnt play good, until there was around 3 minutes to go, they played down about the whole game

Look for yourself. You failed to mention the 25 point loss to Allen Cent and the 12 point loss to pike cent.

Dec 2, '06Lee County57- 66(L)Dec 5, '06South FloydCordia84- 60(W)Dec 8, '06JenkinsCordia64- 37(W)Dec 9, '06Allen CentralAllen Central43- 58(L)Dec 12, '06Breathitt CountyBreathitt County52- 58(L)Dec 14, '06Perry County CentralPerry County Central75- 87(L)Dec 16, '06North LaurelPerry County Central64- 72(L)Perry County Central Classic
Dec 19, '06Letcher County CentralLetcher County Central48- 55(L)Dec 28, '06East RidgeLetcher Central72- 61(W)Whitaker Bank's Cougar Classic
Dec 29, '06Powell CountyLetcher Central71- 73(L)Whitaker Bank's Cougar Classic
Dec 30, '06Pike County CentralLetcher Central45- 59(L)Whitaker Bank's Cougar Classic
Jan 4, '07Lawrence CountyPike County Central60- 72(L)Coca-Cola Classic
Jan 5, '07Allen CentralPike County Central45- 70(L)Coca-Cola Classic
Jan 6, '07Leslie CountyPike County Central57- 55(W)Coca-Cola Classic
Jan 11, '07Knott County CentralCordia54- 59(L)Jan 13, '07Whitley CountyCordia83- 65(W)Jan 16, '07Letcher County CentralCordia74- 83(L)Jan 22, '07June Buchanan67- 72(L)14th Region All "A" Classic
Jan 30, '07June BuchananJune Buchanan- 8:00 PM Feb 6, '07JenkinsJenkins- 6:00 PM Feb 8, '07June BuchananCordia- 7:30 PM Feb 10, '07Jackson CityCordia- 7:30 PM Feb 13, '07Knott County CentralKnott County Central- 8:00 PM Feb 20, '07HazardHazard- 7:30 PM Feb 23, '07BuckhornCordia- 7:30 PM
I only know a little about JBS but by what I see on here is that JBS fans seem to be stuck up on themselves. Its like noone is better than Stepp and JBS is the best team in the State. If your mad about not getting respect then why put that suff?