•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 2016
^And that was meant sarcastically. Just clarifying!
64SUR Wrote:I'm looking hard for a sleeper team this year in 1A in the east. Paintsville has been my sleeper team for 2 years now. Good chances for a 3 peat from 64SUR Confusednicker: Raceland,LynnCamp and Harlan Ind also in the running right now. :Cheerlead

a couple of those teams are asleep.
Redneck Wrote:Is that the only thing you all ever come up with. You think there has never been a JC athlete that started there education in the city school. You all sit back and smile when you get transfers in, but as soon as a player leaves JC he must have been recruited. You talk about what kind of team Paintsville would be without kids from the county. Ask yourself what kind of team JC would have been without JJ Jude. What kind of team last year without Workman. What kind of team without JK Hall and DJ Ousley. The list could go on.

Name the last kid who started in the city school who played football at JC?
Eagle84 Wrote:Name the last kid who started in the city school who played football at JC?

I know that Daymion Belcher, Juwan Mayes and Trey Conley came as middle school players. Would the last one be Ryan Brown? If so, I can't remember who it would be before him.
THOMCAT Wrote:I know that Daymion Belcher, Juwan Mayes and Trey Conley came as middle school players. Would the last one be Ryan Brown? If so, I can't remember who it would be before him.

Casey Brown.
Eagle84 Wrote:Name the last kid who started in the city school who played football at JC?
Transfers are transfers, doesn't matter where they come from.
How many "transfers" are on the Paintsville roster?
THOMCAT Wrote:I know that Daymion Belcher, Juwan Mayes and Trey Conley came as middle school players. Would the last one be Ryan Brown? If so, I can't remember who it would be before him.

Brown was the last one I can think of and we all remember how he had to sit out a year. I believe he went to LC first then came back to JC and set out that year.

Redneck Wrote:Transfers are transfers, doesn't matter where they come from.

I feel sorry for you. It must be difficult for you to chew gum and walk.
It seams like we go through this same thing every year. IMO a kid should go to whatever school they think they will be most successful and enjoy High School. This discussion about transfers and such is useless and just plain silly. There have been players decide to go to Paintsville High School, Prestonsberg, Lawrence County, Johnson Central ect. since all the schools existence. No big deal.
I agree they will always be transfers, but when you have 13 or 14 transfers on the roster that's a new team.
The last time I looked Paintsville is in Johnson County. My tax money goes to both schools. Why can't a kid and their parents decide on their own where they want to go to school without all this transfer criticism.
BigMelon63 Wrote:The last time I looked Paintsville is in Johnson County. My tax money goes to both schools. Why can't a kid and their parents decide on their own where they want to go to school without all this transfer criticism.

BigMelon if that what you believe then why not railing against Paintsville football coach who playing a freshman 3 plays in one game early in the season so he could transfer back to JC. Then when he transfers back to JC where he came over to Paintsville as and 8th grades refusing to release him. I believe JC sign the release on Belcher.

You continuously talk about how you want it to be up to the kids and parents best interest where they play but it only talk. Where is the action holding your coach /administration accountable for keeping a freshmen from playing freshman football at JC?

All we see from our side of the creek is people continuously undermining JC's program to try to pull kids. But if a kid tries to leave Painsville the administration at Paintsville fights the transfer not matter what.
I think parents should be allowed to send their kids to whatever school they choose. The eligibility thru the KHSAA and schools signing off on the student/athlete is where I have the problem. Let's see, last season Evan Adkins transferred to Johnson Central and lost almost the entire football season. The year before Mikka Ward transferred to Johnson Central and lost her entire junior softball season. Nick McKenzie transferred to Johnson Central from Lawrence County a few seasons ago and lost a football season. When Casey Brown transferred as mentioned above he lost eligibility. When Daymion Belcher transferred to Paintsville, he was immediately eligible. We can go back to so many schools and find a similar story. Let them go wherever they want and have one of two rules. You either make everyone sit out for 365 days for the date you enroll at a new school for whatever the reason or let the kids be eligible immediately.
I agree with letting them go wherever they want to go.. I've voiced my opinion to the administration and the coaches on that. The coaches say they have no control it's all Khsaa. the administration never listens to me. I'm just a fan with an opinion. I have no control over any of those people.
Coaches or Administration can make the transfer process harder by fighting over whether there was a legitimate physical change of address. I've known instances (not involving PHS or JC) where a kid and his dad rented an apartment to live in part time so the child could attend elsewhere and the previous coach had the kid and his family followed, photos taken and sent to KHSAA, etc. He was ruled ineligible. That is a more extreme situation but you can see how ugly it could become if a coach really doesn't want you to leave their roster.

Personally, if you don't want to play for me, I'd rather you leave; I'm gonna get a subpar performance out of you anyway.
BigMelon63 Wrote:I agree with letting them go wherever they want to go.. I've voiced my opinion to the administration and the coaches on that. The coaches say they have no control it's all Khsaa. the administration never listens to me. I'm just a fan with an opinion. I have no control over any of those people.

BigMelon I agree that you have on control of what the administration and coaches does at Paintsville. However, you get on here and defend and attack other who post against the wrong the administration / coaches do. Strictly from a county view we feel it is a one way street on fairness and doing the right thing. Coach Chirico for all accounts is a good man however, what he did to the youth listed above was criminal and you (others) let him get away with "they have no control it's all the Khsaa" that B.S. Coach Chirico had or 4 options to check on the release that is sent to the Khsaa. 1 being no issues and 4 being against the move Coach Chirico and the Paintsville Administration Check 3. The youth who transferred above was not going to play any varsity sports at JC last year however Coach Chirico and the administration check 3 Just to cause the kid problems in transferring.

You can see all the other examples in the above post where Paintsville had not done the right thing to allow kids wanting to transfer so what do you propose JC do?

I can not speak for all the JC fans but I am about out of cheeks to turn.
I'm not sure you understand what criminal really is. Coaches cussing kids who transfer to other schools is criminal. Coaches telling pitchers in baseball games to bean players who transferred batting could be considered criminal. I don't condone the use of the Khsaa rules to keep kids from playing, I say let them play wherever they want. That is not criminal. Maybe you need to go back to college and take some criminal law classes 1984.
I just went over to the Johnson Central 2016 thread to see what's up. No Tiger trolls over there. Why don't you go to that thread and post some positive stuff for JCHS instead of trolling the Paintsville threads.
BigMelon63 Wrote:I'm not sure you understand what criminal really is. Coaches cussing kids who transfer to other schools is criminal. Coaches telling pitchers in baseball games to bean players who transferred batting could be considered criminal. I don't condone the use of the Khsaa rules to keep kids from playing, I say let them play wherever they want. That is not criminal. Maybe you need to go back to college and take some criminal law classes 1984.

BigMelonHead BING DICTONARY DEFINATION # 4 OF Criminal (morally wrong, whether illegal or not) but thanks it only took you one sentence to show your true colors in defending Paintsville Administration and Coach Chirico. You keep talking about being for both teams but only defend one. I believe you actions give you away.
But if it please you I will change “criminally” to morally know let see your defense of their actions.
So to you telling the truth is trolling.
:please:
Spending more time on a Paintsville thread to put down a school and program instead of on your own thread promoting your program is trolling. :truestory:
I think we need to get back to Paintsville. JC has a thread.
I agree. Go Tigers!!!!
Allen mom made him move case closed not for sports but education she felt paintsville was only option for ty to get his grades up , best of luck to Allen boys
Can't argue with a mother
I don't have no clue of what the boy does in school but his mom was not happy about his school work nothing to do with basketball or football she done what she thought was right for him
Sounds to me like sports needs to be put on hold and let him work on his education then.
Maybe the Mom likes the 13-1 student to teacher ratio at Paintsville.
Copperhead13 Wrote:Sounds to me like sports needs to be put on hold and let him work on his education then.

You can lead horse to water but you can't make it drink if a kid don't want to put forth effort I don't think it matters what school he's in
I would say he will be in summer school at paintsville. might light a fire under his but if he has set out a year for grades ,
BigMelon63 Wrote:Maybe the Mom likes the 13-1 student to teacher ratio at Paintsville.

BigMelonHead is that Recruiter to recruit ratio at Paintsville. If so is that for all sports or just football? :1:

BigMelonHead before you challenge my use of the work “Recruiter” I will give you the definition by Merriam-Webster “to seek to enroll”. To be politically correct if you do not like the work “recruiter” we can use “population motivator”.

:thatsfunn:thatsfunnBigMelonHead I am just having some fun with you. Paintsville is a very good school and have many positive supporters. Confusednicker:

Last, I have not commented on the Allen transfer but I will.
If the youth’s parents (mother) feels like their kid (Allen’s) will be better served somewhere else I wish them the best of luck. (I have been friends with the youth’s mother for year and she is a good person)
The point I was trying to make in many of my previous post is that JC Administration / Coaches has demonstrated they can make decisions in the youth’s and parents best interest involving transfers. It would appear to me that BigMelon and other would want to see Paintsville / Coaches have the ability and demonstrate best interest of the youth instead of their personal interest.
What say you BigMelon?
:beerwez:
I guess Johnson Central folk know where not to take their money after reading the comments on this thread
BigMelon63 Wrote:I just went over to the Johnson Central 2016 thread to see what's up. No Tiger trolls over there. Why don't you go to that thread and post some positive stuff for JCHS instead of trolling the Paintsville threads.

MR. BigMelons63 I know this is a Paintsville thread but I am not trolling. I call it like I see it that's why I go by honestjchsfan. I am a JCHS fan but the truth is Coach Matney made his bed and now he has to lay in it! IMO the Allen kid should have started day one in the JCHS backfield! Matney made JJ Jude into star he set rushing records but the results of those records are talented players are expecting the "JJ Jude" treatment now! IMO the Belcher kid was ever bit as talented as Jude but if you check the stats the number of carries that kid got was way less. The Allen kid has more football talent than either Jude or Belcher but he never got to start in the JC backfield until late last season. Some JCHS fans will disagree with this but they are not being honest with themselves! They're forgetting the Woodford Co game JC was up 42-7 at halftime and Jude had over 300 yards rushing and Matney elected to break a state record in the second half!
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next