Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
13th Region Predictions
I don't think I would ever count Corbin out.
One Turner graduated - the second one moved back to KC.
ky playmaker Wrote:Everybody realizes that south will miss Ryan Anders big time. He had always guarded the best player and gave you 12 and 8 every nite. Matthew dalton playing again will help but will it be enough?

Agree, their 2 best players can score but neither one known for their defense however.
If Ramey gets a killer instinct and puts the team on his back no one will come close. Kids an unbelievable player and when he drives he’s trying to break the rim.
blueandgreen Wrote:Agreed, yuck that taste bad can't believe I just agreed with a corbinite

Kinda like the movie step brothers, wait are we best friends now. All joking aside good luck this year
HCS Wrote:I don't think I would ever count Corbin out.

With Knox having 4 good returning players I think they are right there with South probably. I'd like to go watch that game when they play in the regular season.
I also wouldn't count Corbin out. I don't like them, but they are always good.
ArJay Wrote:With Knox having 4 good returning players I think they are right there with South probably. I'd like to go watch that game when they play in the regular season.
I also wouldn't count Corbin out. I don't like them, but they are always good.
Knox and South dont play in the regular season. they have not played since the 2015-16 season. I know brad at north is looking for a team to play south dec 1st at north laurel in the legacy nissan classic. be good if knox would pick that game up. should be fun game to watch
ky playmaker Wrote:Knox and South dont play in the regular season. they have not played since the 2015-16 season. I know brad at north is looking for a team to play south dec 1st at north laurel in the legacy nissan classic. be good if knox would pick that game up. should be fun game to watch

That is kind of peculiar that 2 teams in the same region that are big schools and kindly a short trip don't play each other?
HCS Wrote:I don't think I would ever count Corbin out.
I wouldn't count Corbin, in the mix this year.
I don't think they won a game this summer against a 13th region team. North Laurel and Middlesboro handled them easily. Thier lack of a go to player will hurt them.
U never ever count out corbin even in band. 🤪
Corbin has proven they can be contenders and really good even in years that it looks like they will be down. I hope they will have their hands full when they play the Bobcats though. With Bell's seniors this year I think we will be contenders too!
Bell best player came to the Boro
Craze JACKET man Wrote:Bell best player came to the Boro

Tough loss I agree, but we aint without players. I think our senior class is really strong and we should make some noise.
Bluegrassmusic Wrote:I wouldn't count Corbin, in the mix this year.
I don't think they won a game this summer against a 13th region team. North Laurel and Middlesboro handled them easily. Thier lack of a go to player will hurt them.

Corbin will be in the middle of the pack this year in the region. Players like Byrley, Barton, Wine etc. will need to step up this year.
The Outsider Wrote:Corbin will be in the middle of the pack this year in the region. Players like Byrley, Barton, Wine etc. will need to step up this year.

Wine isn't playing this year.
Bluegrassmusic Wrote:I wouldn't count Corbin, in the mix this year.

Most teams would like to have guys like Sanders and Taylor, among others. If Sanders isn't a go-to player, then most of the teams in the region don't have one.
With Taylor gone you have to remember that most on that team have not shot the ball but 2 times a game and that may have some effect as a go to......LOL
Campers won’t be bad
Good size and quick
Good coach too, maybe best in region
2face Wrote:Campers won’t be bad
Good size and quick

He's the most overrated coach in the Region. How many regional titles has he won? If he was as good as some say, he would have at least one. I know he was a Barbourville but they don't have football, which is a tremendous advantage. Cumberland, Harlan, Williamsburg are all A schools who have won Regional titles since he has been coaching.

just saying......
ProudPanther Wrote:He's the most overrated coach in the Region. How many regional titles has he won? If he was as good as some say, he would have at least one. I know he was a Barbourville but they don't have football, which is a tremendous advantage. Cumberland, Harlan, Williamsburg are all A schools who have won Regional titles since he has been coaching.

just saying......

Idk if a Knox fan can call someone's coach overrated.. Knox had the best roster last year and didn't win it all. Meanwhile, Lynn Camp has to play with the kids that Knox doesn't want and almost upset NL this past year and had Harlan County on the ropes the year before.
2face Wrote:Campers won’t be bad
Good size and quick

FootballFan1999 Wrote:Idk if a Knox fan can call someone's coach overrated.. Knox had the best roster last year and didn't win it all. Meanwhile, Lynn Camp has to play with the kids that Knox doesn't want and almost upset NL this past year and had Harlan County on the ropes the year before.

You're right, we've had possibly best talent in region last year and maybe the year before and didn't win it. No denying that. We need to take care of biz better. But that doesn't change the facts about Phipps - no region titles. Spent most of his career at a school without football, so he had his kids year around and didn't have any competition for them. During that time, 3 other A schools won regional titles. I'm not saying he's not a good coach, which is obviously is. But he's WAAAAYYY overrated.
Not downplaying coach Phipps making them better, but Lynn Camp was way down in the summer - one of the worst in the region.
South will walk through the 13th region
I Don’t like Knox Central but they would have to be the favorite...choke artist.
South is a close 2nd, so I would pick south.

Corbin probably a .500 team this year.
campbellfield Wrote:I Don’t like Knox Central but they would have to be the favorite...choke artist.
South is a close 2nd, so I would pick south.

Corbin probably a .500 team this year.

I can't see Corbin being a .500 team. Everyone has them rated in the top 5 in the region. But time will tell I guess.
ky playmaker Wrote:I am hearing knox and north got new kids both from florida. One at knox is suppose to be ranked no. 2 soph in florida. 6, 6 Wesley Cardet Jr

If this is actually true, this is a real steal for Knox Central. Wesley Cardet Jr. already has offers from Dayton, Iowa State and Florida. Cardet has also drawn interest from about several other schools. He is listed at 6'5" and 190 lbs. and is a point guard.
rojas Wrote:If this is actually true, this is a real steal for Knox Central. Wesley Cardet Jr. already has offers from Dayton, Iowa State and Florida. Cardet has also drawn interest from about several other schools. He is listed at 6'5" and 190 lbs. and is a point guard.

I'm curious as to why anybody would move from Florida to barbourvile ky.
There is absolutely no sense in it unless they have family here and want to be close.

There's not a job in Knox county that someone would move there for.
HCS Wrote:Was it Annville Institute that had a team up to the mid 70s? I guess the school there now just plays Christian school teams then?

1978 was the last year for the Annville Institute Bulldogs. Their colors were the same as Florida's, orange and royal blue.

Here's a couple 13th Region trivia question for you HCS. Which former 13th region school's nickname was the Tarzans? Also, which former 13th region school was the Scots?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I'm curious as to why anybody would move from Florida to barbourvile ky.
There is absolutely no sense in it unless they have family here and want to be close.

There's not a job in Knox county that someone would move there for.

Well, several years ago when South Laurel had a star point guard that moved from Miami to London, the official story was that the mother of the point guard had a flat on i75. The people of London were so nice in helping them get back on the road that they decided to move to London. After a short period the mother had second thoughts and moved back to Florida, but the point guard had already bonded with the local teammates so he moved in with the assistant coach.

Maybe this kid's family had a flat on US25E and the people of Barbourville were equally as nice as the people in London.
rojas Wrote:1978 was the last year for the Annville Institute Bulldogs. Their colors were the same as Florida's, orange and royal blue.

Here's a couple 13th Region trivia question for you HCS. Which former 13th region school's nickname was the Tarzans? Also, which former 13th region school was the Scots?

You must be going way back for those - I don't know.
I have a copy of the 1976 regional tournament program - Annville Institute and Henderson Settlement were both listed as 13th Region schools that year.
rojas Wrote:If this is actually true, this is a real steal for Knox Central. Wesley Cardet Jr. already has offers from Dayton, Iowa State and Florida. Cardet has also drawn interest from about several other schools. He is listed at 6'5" and 190 lbs. and is a point guard.

This was from earlier in the summer. The Cardet kid stayed in Florida. North Laurel does have a kid from Florida though. Don't know a thing about him.