Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4A Quarterfinal Wayne County @ Johnson Central 11/22/19
FoSho Wrote:How have I "disparaged" other teams and fans princess?

I've been very clear on my feelings and none of it is personal.

FACT: Wayne Co hasnt played anyone as good as JC.

FACT: JC has a great line but not as good as Belfrys of years past.

These are the statements that have you in a tizzy?

Someone needs some thicker skin. Lol

This could be ironic.
Arrogance at this level always gets knocked down.
THOMCAT Wrote:The offense will return 6 starters and the defense will 6 or 7 starters depending on which set you look at. The current sophomore class were undefeated middle school state champions and the freshman class were one loss middle school state champions.

Both of our current sophomore and freshman classes are gonna have some great battles in the next few years I believe. Exciting time to be a fan
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I am not in a tizzy. I am in awe of your unmatched ability to compare Boyle County's best players to all of the other outstanding players around the state and declare them superior to all when you could not have possibly seen more than a few actually play. How you can downplay the accomplishment of a 16 year old breaking a longstanding record held by Shaun Alexander is jaw dropping amazing. :Thumbs:

The kid had an amazing season. Now he gets to validate it against great competition.

Why is the truth so hard for people to take?

I'm not disparaging him or his accomplishment and if he torches JC I said I would be the first to acknowledge it. I wish the kid well.

Earlier I simply asked what size the Eagles were up front because I didn't know and since someone compared them to Belfry I figured they must be huge.
Cardfan1 Wrote:This could be ironic.
Arrogance at this level always gets knocked down.

Why is that?

Was it not arrogant for someone to claim the JC OL as good as Belfrys that may have been the best in KY HS Football history?

Ours was phenomenal in 2017 and nowhere near as good as those Belfry teams.
FoSho Wrote:The kid had an amazing season. Now he gets to validate it against great competition.

I'm not disparaging him or his accomplishment and if he torches JC I said I would be the first to acknowledge it. I wish the kid well.

Earlier I simply asked what size the Eagles were up front because I didn't know and since someone compared them to Belfry I figured they must be huge.
I have never seen a JC roster with sizes and weights listed. In most years of the Matney era, Johnson Central and Belfry have matched up very well at every position. I think the series during that period now stands at 7-6 in Johnson Central's favor. Both teams play similar, very physical styles that rely on controlling the line of scrimmage, so if Belfry or JC had a consistent advantage on the line, they would be leading the series by a comfortable margin.

Nothing personal, but you do not seem to know what you are talking about most of the time. (I was being sarcastic when I said that I am envious of your particular skill set of sizing up talent sight unseen.) Confusednicker:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I have never seen a JC roster with sizes and weights listed. In most years of the Matney era, Johnson Central and Belfry have matched up very well at every position. I think the series during that period now stands at 7-6 in Johnson Central's favor. Both teams play similar, very physical styles that rely on controlling the line of scrimmage, so if Belfry or JC had a consistent advantage on the line, they would be leading the series by a comfortable margin.

Nothing personal, but you do not seem to know what you are talking about most of the time. (I was being sarcastic when I said that I am envious of your particular skill set of sizing up talent sight unseen.) Confusednicker:

You'd be surprised what I know.

Belfrys OL back around '14-'16 was ridiculous. It's not an insult to be told you have a great line just not as good as those.

I can pretty much guarantee Matney would agree.
FoSho Wrote:You'd be surprised what I know.

Belfrys OL back around '14-'16 was ridiculous. It's not an insult to be told you have a great line just not as good as those.

I can pretty much guarantee Matney would agree.
Of course you can...:lmao:
FoSho Wrote:The kid had an amazing season. Now he gets to validate it against great competition.

He doesn't have to validate anything to be quite honest. He's got his yards and touchdowns against good competition. It isn't like he was playing some 0-10 1A team. He could go into JC and have a negative yard game and his season stands. MOst likely he will still get his yards, and maybe even TDS. You can't make up, 300+ pound bench, 450 squat, and 4.47 forty speed, at 16 years old. That is not a normal high-school football player. JC is not a normal high-school football team either.
Cardfan1 Wrote:If only the other 11 teams on the schedule would have known Sloan was as good as he was so they could focus on him. Lol!!

That is a good point, for sure. I think a lot are downplaying Corbin's team this year. They weren't last year's team, but if Corbin were still 3A they'd still be a top contender this year, top 4 anyways, IMO.
smoke1015 Wrote:He doesn't have to validate anything to be quite honest. He's got his yards and touchdowns against good competition. It isn't like he was playing some 0-10 1A team. He could go into JC and have a negative yard game and his season stands. MOst likely he will still get his yards, and maybe even TDS. You can't make up, 300+ pound bench, 450 squat, and 4.47 forty speed, at 16 years old. That is not a normal high-school football player. JC is not a normal high-school football team either.

THE KID HAS HAD A GREAT SEASON.

Never said he didn't. But when the best team you've played in Pulaski Co...that says a lot.
FoSho Wrote:THE KID HAS HAD A GREAT SEASON.

Never said he didn't. But when the best team you've played in Pulaski Co...that says a lot.

It does, since Pulaski is pretty darn good. You are continually putting slights on a kid and I don't understand why exactly. Maybe not flat insults, but insinuation.
Take into account Wayne blue out SW who beat Pulaski regular season, put them out twice.

But again, Johnson Central feels like the reigning champ to me. Even if they lost last year, these guys are the Belfry of 4A. Boyle beat Belfry last year, do they beat Johnson Central this year. Maybe if JC gets past Wayne they will have a better chance against Boyle than many will figure. Most no one knows much about what JC has, west of Richmond.
smoke1015 Wrote:It does, since Pulaski is pretty darn good. You are continually putting slights on a kid and I don't understand why exactly. Maybe not flat insults, but insinuation.

No, it's not. It's the truth.

Are you seriously going to compare Pulaski Co to Johnson Central knowing very well that JC would destroy Pulaski Co?

He's a phenomenal talent that has performed unbelievably against defenses that aren't great.

If he kills it tomorrow night, I'll get on this very sight and sing his praises the loudest.
FoSho Wrote:Your schedule is very weak, I wouldn't put too much stock in that. Just sayin'.

Sloan and his team have a chance to prove themselves in about 24 hours.

Good luck.

This comment is weak.
smoke1015 Wrote:Take into account Wayne blue out SW who beat Pulaski regular season, put them out twice.

But again, Johnson Central feels like the reigning champ to me. Even if they lost last year, these guys are the Belfry of 4A. Boyle beat Belfry last year, do they beat Johnson Central this year. Maybe if JC gets past Wayne they will have a better chance against Boyle than many will figure. Most no one knows much about what JC has, west of Richmond.

SW beat Pulaski w/o their QB. Twice.
smoke1015 Wrote:Take into account Wayne blue out SW who beat Pulaski regular season, put them out twice.

CalPreps has Harlan County rated as the best team WC has played and the Cardinals dominated that game. Sloan rushed 5 times for 5 TDs and 206 yards. He also caught one pass for a 73 yard touchdown. Those are impressive numbers.
FoSho Wrote:Why is that?

Was it not arrogant for someone to claim the JC OL as good as Belfrys that may have been the best in KY HS Football history?

Ours was phenomenal in 2017 and nowhere near as good as those Belfry teams.

As individuals, no not at all. But as a collective unit they were pretty close. We played both back to back.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:CalPreps has Harlan County rated as the best team WC has played and the Cardinals dominated that game. Sloan rushed 5 times for 5 TDs and 206 yards. He also caught one pass for a 73 yard touchdown. Those are impressive numbers.

And Harlan Co was waxed twice by JC.
smoke1015 Wrote:He doesn't have to validate anything to be quite honest. He's got his yards and touchdowns against good competition. It isn't like he was playing some 0-10 1A team. He could go into JC and have a negative yard game and his season stands. MOst likely he will still get his yards, and maybe even TDS. You can't make up, 300+ pound bench, 450 squat, and 4.47 forty speed, at 16 years old. That is not a normal high-school football player. JC is not a normal high-school football team either.
What you said is what has been bothering me in this thread, and I completely agree with you. What Sloan does tomorrow doesn’t change anything about him as a player. It’s like you said they haven’t been playing po’dunk high.

The same goes for Jc, if Sloan gets his yards and TDs and Jc still wins that doesn’t t mean they aren’t solid and a title contender like some have said.
Hound05 Wrote:As individuals, no not at all. But as a collective unit they were pretty close. We played both back to back.

I agree two different types of offense.

Belfry = ground and pound

Boyle = run/pass both
smoke1015 Wrote:It does, since Pulaski is pretty darn good. You are continually putting slights on a kid and I don't understand why exactly. Maybe not flat insults, but insinuation.

Playing devils advocate, does the same apply to boyles players this year and even last year, the best team they’ve played this year was an over rated highlands. And last year wasn’t even near this year?

Edit. Sorry I quoted the wrong post
FoSho Wrote:And Harlan Co was waxed twice by JC.
And all of stats put up by Reese Smith and Bo Lanter have come against stellar opponents, right? :lmao:

Kentucky high school football is pretty weak overall. Very few top players in the state compile impressive stats against consistently tough competition. Johnson Central and Boyle County's players are no exceptions. I can guarantee you that Braedon Sloan would be posting huge numbers if he played for JC or BC, just as he has been doing at WC. Watching video clips of him reminds me of J.J. Jude. He has great balance and makes good decisions following his blockers.

I am starting to second guess my prediction of a running clock JC win.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:And all of stats put up by Reese Smith and Bo Lanter have come against stellar opponents, right? :lmao:

Kentucky high school football is pretty weak overall. Very few top players in the state compile impressive stats against consistently tough competition. Johnson Central and Boyle County's players are no exceptions. I can guarantee you that Braedon Sloan would be posting huge numbers if he played for JC or BC, just as he has been doing at WC. Watching video clips of him reminds me of J.J. Jude. He has great balance and makes good decisions following his blockers.

You do realize that Boyle Co has rarely had their starting O in a game in the second half or their numbers would be double what they are?

Good luck tomorrow.

I'm done in this thread.
FoSho Wrote:You do realize that Boyle Co has rarely had their starting O in a game in the second half or their numbers would be double what they are?

Good luck tomorrow.

I'm done in this thread.
Do you think Sloan played much against HC after he scored six touchdowns on six touches? As for Boyle County's player stats being compiled mostly in the first half, the same can be said of most teams that play weak schedules. Why are you so insistent that Boyle County is superior in every possible way to nearly every other team in the state? You have gone so far out on so many limbs in this forum, it is going to be very embarrassing for you if BC fails again to win the state title. Did you learn nothing from all of last year's boasting? Apparently not.

:dudecomeon:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:And all of stats put up by Reese Smith and Bo Lanter have come against stellar opponents, right? :lmao:

I don’t think people understands the talent of this young man. He is beyond good. And I was one of them, I’ll freely and have admitted I underestimated him. Until you see him in person, it’s hard to grasp in all honesty. I’ll be surprised if JC completely shuts him down
Hound05 Wrote:I don’t think people understands the talent of this young man. He is beyond good. And I was one of them, I’ll freely and have admitted I underestimated him. Until you see him in person, it’s hard to grasp in all honesty. I’ll be surprised if JC completely shuts him down
Wayne County is giving up an average of 27 points per game. I don't think JC needs to completely shutdown Sloan because, unless JC turns the ball over much more often than usual, Wayne County will have trouble slowing down the Golden Eagles' offense.
Good luck to Johnson Central tonight
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Wayne County is giving up an average of 27 points per game. I don't think JC needs to completely shutdown Sloan because, unless JC turns the ball over much more often than usual, Wayne County will have trouble slowing down the Golden Eagles' offense.

I completely agree, they just need to “slow” him down a tad. Because Wayne won’t stop JC, or a very low probability of it. I honestly think Sloan could have a career game and Wayne would still lose.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Wayne County is giving up an average of 27 points per game. I don't think JC needs to completely shutdown Sloan because, unless JC turns the ball over much more often than usual, Wayne County will have trouble slowing down the Golden Eagles' offense.

Cardinal defense will need to eat a good breakfast and really come to play and few turnovers would really help.

So the kid has racked up cheat code video game numbers with every defense Wayne has faced keying directly on him for the ENTIRE game but he still has to validate his season? I think the truth here is that some fans hold other teams' players to a higher standard than they do their own. It's ok...we're all imperfect fans in one way or another.

Honestly, in reading through the boards throughout the season as it to pertains to Wayne, I don't think Thompson gets enough credit for building a quality program at a place like Wayne. They have been a consistently good football team for the last several years and he makes his undersized (most of the time) guys believe they can compete with anyone on any field. Wayne just doesn't have the population to harvest a large number of skilled players. Thompson gets everything out of those boys that they have to give night in and night out.

That being said, I think JC is way to much for Wayne to handle tonight. I think Sloan will get some yards but I don't think Wayne's OL will be effective enough to give him the help he needs against a team like JC.