Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Water-Boarding?
ronald_reagan Wrote:Wow. Incredible. Great post.

I haven't served this nation by way of putting on a uniform. And to you and Vundy (whom I respect tremendously) deserve every bit of praise that could ever be given, for doing as you have done. You both are remarkable examples of why this nation is great, and reasons why we have our freedom. Again, I thank you for your service. (let me also address those without humor and personality who truly believe that i try to 'be reagan'... its a running gag/joke. if you dont' get it, ignore it.)

Let me respond to your post though with humility and respect, ever how hard it may be after such a slanderous and vicious attack.

I don't dictate anything, other than the debate that I started. So yes, when it comes to THIS debate, I DO dictate what is asked, and where the conversation is led. If you wish to change the topic, refuse to answer, or otherwise talk about my character.. there's a simple 'out' for you. Its called a "new thread".

As I've clearly laid out above, I haven't served. I can't serve to be perfectly honest, and if you want to know why, please PM me. I'd enjoy explaining why.

You, my friend, are the reason that radicals that want to destroy this nation are suceeding in their efforts. You give them reason to believe that we are weak. Every bit of blame can be placed on the doorstep of America in your mind. Not once do I recall (I have a bad memory though), you ever placing blame for the acts of the terrorists... upon the terrorists. Its ridiculous.

So who do I serve? Someone that obviously you've never met... and probably won't.. (the following will be a 'fear-for-your-life-republican-kind-of-comment'), until those you don't blame actually end up ending your own life...

God.

I serve him.

Now again, who do you serve? Me.

Retort coming soon............
Retort, means to respond without thought, and quickly.

I'll give you credit for both. Smile
Which "god"? Yahweh? Allah? Jehovah? Vishnu? Zeuss?
Also, and I say this gingerly and with respect, isn't it possible to serve America, to serve other human beings, without being a paid member of the military?
thecavemaster Wrote:Also, and I say this gingerly and with respect, isn't it possible to serve America, to serve other human beings, without being a paid member of the military?
Absolutely. Peace Corp is a fine example. RR has just still never stated what he HAS done. Military or whatever.
ronald_reagan Wrote:Retort, means to respond without thought, and quickly.

I'll give you credit for both. Smile
I decided to not answer so quickly as I may have gotten a little off topic. Formulating a good response though.
DevilsWin Wrote:Absolutely. Peace Corp is a fine example. RR has just still never stated what he HAS done. Military or whatever.

Quote:Also, and I say this gingerly and with respect, isn't it possible to serve America, to serve other human beings, without being a paid member of the military

I can't serve in the military. How do I serve? as Cavemaster states, we don't have to be military men/women, to serve our nation. I'm a Big Brother. I've been one for 6 years now. I mentor young children and somewhat become a 'father figure' in their lives. If this isn't an example of service... then you win. I'll not 'boast' about it. As I said, thank you for your service in the military. You are the very reason that I have the ability to state my point and express my opinion, ever how unpopular it may be.
thecavemaster Wrote:Which "god"? Yahweh? Allah? Jehovah? Vishnu? Zeuss?

First of all. God is god. Yaweh is a pronunciation. The correct spelling in english is either, YHWH or JHWH. God, however, is a definition which applies to supreme being...an almighty.. one who disciplines.

Allah comes from, al (sole) and lah (diety). The sole God. Allah, is the God of Abraham, Moses, Jesus... and Me. I just choose to call him by a simple and powerful name. God.

Jehovah. Its a translation into english through a process of language to language transliteration. It means "Yahweh". Have we heard that already? Oh yes. You brought it up already. Thanks.

Vishnu. LOL The ultimate manifestation. Wasn't he a cow before he became "god"? Smile

Never heard of Zeuss. Although Zeus is well known. He wasn't THE god. He was just A god. King of other gods. He was as the eastern orthodox church would describe... first among equals.
Well, which one of the varied and plundered dieities dost thou serve? (Thanks for the lesson on the Jewish spellings.) Of course, the National Alliance for Worshippers of Zuess has threatened to blow up your street, as you have dissed their God-King. Now, which one? "Round and round he goes, where he'll stop who knows"... ah, the suspense, the suspense
thecavemaster Wrote:Well, which one of the varied and plundered dieities dost thou serve? (Thanks for the lesson on the Jewish spellings.) Of course, the National Alliance for Worshippers of Zuess has threatened to blow up your street, as you have dissed their God-King. Now, which one? "Round and round he goes, where he'll stop who knows"... ah, the suspense, the suspense

I just explained, and although you thanked me for the 'lesson'... you didn't learn anything.

As stated, the majority of the 'gods' you speak of.. .are the SAME. I serve one. Who do you serve sir?
**** if you guys are going to talk about religion then make a religion thread and stop dragging this on and on...this thread is about water-boarding, not who each person worships as their god.
http://www.kentucky.com/522/story/255166.html

Take a look...
vundy33 Wrote:**** if you guys are going to talk about religion then make a religion thread and stop dragging this on and on...this thread is about water-boarding, not who each person worships as their god.

Geez, man, lighten up. That was just a little good natured kidding going back and forth. Good link article, by the way.
Interesting......................

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/12/11/a...index.html

I haven't served this nation by way of putting on a uniform. And to you and Vundy (whom I respect tremendously) deserve every bit of praise that could ever be given, for doing as you have done. You both are remarkable examples of why this nation is great, and reasons why we have our freedom. Again, I thank you for your service. (let me also address those without humor and personality who truly believe that i try to 'be reagan'... its a running gag/joke. if you dont' get it, ignore it.)

Let me respond to your post though with humility and respect, ever how hard it may be after such a slanderous and vicious attack.

I don't dictate anything, other than the debate that I started. So yes, when it comes to THIS debate, I DO dictate what is asked, and where the conversation is led. If you wish to change the topic, refuse to answer, or otherwise talk about my character.. there's a simple 'out' for you. Its called a "new thread".

As I've clearly laid out above, I haven't served. I can't serve to be perfectly honest, and if you want to know why, please PM me. I'd enjoy explaining why.

You, my friend, are the reason that radicals that want to destroy this nation are suceeding in their efforts. You give them reason to believe that we are weak. Every bit of blame can be placed on the doorstep of America in your mind. Not once do I recall (I have a bad memory though), you ever placing blame for the acts of the terrorists... upon the terrorists. Its ridiculous.

So who do I serve? Someone that obviously you've never met... and probably won't.. (the following will be a 'fear-for-your-life-republican-kind-of-comment'), until those you don't blame actually end up ending your own life...

God.

I serve him.

You're not a moderator or an Administrator so just enjoy the ride.

God.

I serve him.

Sorry, wrong again.

God.

I serve him.

You don't know who I've met nor who I will meet. The future is not written. There are no guarantees. The only way to Heaven is through God's Grace. So good luck.

God.

I serve him.

That's a good thing that you believe you are serving God's purpose. Bob Dylan once said, "It may be the Devil and It may be The Lord, but you're gonna have to serve somebody".

I too believe I am serving God's Purpose for Me.

As for you, I wouldn't serve you a ham sandwich, plain. :p
DevilsWin Wrote:Interesting......................

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/12/11/a...index.html

:thumpsup:
ronald_reagan Wrote:I just had it on my mind, and was wondering what views that others have on this subject?

Personally I believe it to be torture, and think that as great as our nation is, we should refrain from such tactics. But there's a part of me that just wants to :flame: every Islamic Terrorist on the face of earth. These guys cut our heads off with dull knives, and then broadcast the video across the world. They drill holes in our heads and pour acid in them. They burn our bodies, rip them apart and then drag them down the street or hang them from their bridges. And they don't do this because we waterboard or play loud Christina Aguilera music in a cold room to extract vital intelligence (of which Kahled Sheik Mohamed gave after being water boarded). They do it because they are possessed by the spirit of the antichrist.

I mean, just look at how insane these guys are!!! In sudan as we speak, they're marching in the streets with signs wanting a woman who is about to serve 15 days in jail for allowing kids to name the class 'teddy bear', Mohamed... PUT TO DEATH!!! She named a teddy bear, after their prophet.... and they want her executed for it.

A woman in Saudi Arabia recieved something like 200 lashes as her punishment for... what? BEING RAPED!!! She was a rape victim and recieved lashes as her punishment for being in a car with a guy other than a relative. :confused:

So forget it. I support it now. Waterboard them all. TongueirateSho TongueirateSho
i think waterboarding is wrong because it's tourture.....they'll tell you anything for you to quit Drowning them so yes it's tourture and your HORRIBLE to support it.....