Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region's Best Players Ever?
cbb09 Wrote:IMO Garrison Collins is a great player. Brent Hall is also a great player, so aggresive and a great rebounder.

I would actually take Clark Stepp above Collins :p, but not Hall. Hall has some awesome numbers this year.
stepp went d-1 but what good does it do if you dont get to play? why not go somewhere smaller and be able to play? he will be back at alc soon where family rules things and he will be able to play. he will never see any playing time at ap. any that counts anyway.
Breathitt- Big Earl Stevens, Cecil Clair, Arch Johnson, about anyone from the earlier years in Breathitts basketball years. Year in and year out they were a force to be reconed with in the state.
Just some players from the early 90s people have forgotten

Jeff Campbell MC Napier (Pikeville college)
Shannon Hoskins (Georgetown College)
John Kitchen (Pikeville College)
Johnny Ray Williams-Jenkins HS-Georgetown College
Brian Johnson-Jenkins HS (Pikeville College-Hall of Fame 3rd leading scorer in schools history.)
Tad Brewer-Cordia
Mike Sergent-Jenkins HS (Kentucky Weslyn National Championship)
Dickie Adams- Letcher HS (Roanoke College)
Jim Rose-
Johnny Cox

but the best would be King Kelly Coleman!
outdoorsman43 Wrote:I would actually take Clark Stepp above Collins :p, but not Hall. Hall has some awesome numbers this year.

clarks a good player i have to say. Hall is amazing lol.
You Cant Not Mention Hall Name In This
Look At The Name Above
King Kelly
Ben Bowling
Jon Bentley And It Just Goes On
This Just Isnt This Year
SteppUp Wrote:You Cant Not Mention Hall Name In This
Look At The Name Above
King Kelly
Ben Bowling
Jon Bentley And It Just Goes On
This Just Isnt This Year

I understand that. I am saying that you can't mention Clark Stepp without mentioning Brent Hall first.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:I understand that. I am saying that you can't mention Clark Stepp without mentioning Brent Hall first.

Are you serious lol
outdoorsman43 Wrote:I understand that. I am saying that you can't mention Clark Stepp without mentioning Brent Hall first.

OMG are you bein for real?
This Is The Crazyest Thing Ever
Shannon Hoskins may not of been the best player in the mountains (14th Region) but he's had more women than Wilt Chamberlain. Hoskins is a true Legend in the Mountains.
the best player i have gotten to see play would be ben bowling from pcc.... he was just an explosive player.. he could turn it on for 3 min. get 30 then shut it off... he was just amazing to watch.. todd craft from kcc was another great player until knee trouble shut him down.. without the knee problems craft was d1 easy.. bowling shoulda been d1 but idk wat happend to him..
memphistiger Wrote:stepp went d-1 but what good does it do if you dont get to play? why not go somewhere smaller and be able to play? he will be back at alc soon where family rules things and he will be able to play. he will never see any playing time at ap. any that counts anyway.

He is a freshman, but that was not the point....it was naming any other players that have even been offered by a D1 school. they haven't, and if they had of been don't fool yourself, they would have goneWink
king360 Wrote:If Clark can do it i can do it

have you even recieved a letter from an NAIA school, please let us all know how great you are....and hate on some people who actually could play and did something............throw some more laughing faces in there 2, its hilarious really
Big man on campus Wrote:the best player i have gotten to see play would be ben bowling from pcc.... he was just an explosive player.. he could turn it on for 3 min. get 30 then shut it off... he was just amazing to watch.. todd craft from kcc was another great player until knee trouble shut him down.. without the knee problems craft was d1 easy.. bowling shoulda been d1 but idk wat happend to him..

all i know ben bowling did go to tulane but i don't know what happen after that
LarryLargemouth Wrote:Just some players from the early 90s people have forgotten

Jeff Campbell MC Napier (Pikeville college)
Shannon Hoskins (Georgetown College)
John Kitchen (Pikeville College)
Johnny Ray Williams-Jenkins HS-Georgetown College
Brian Johnson-Jenkins HS (Pikeville College-Hall of Fame 3rd leading scorer in schools history.)
Tad Brewer-Cordia
Mike Sergent-Jenkins HS (Kentucky Weslyn National Championship)
Dickie Adams- Letcher HS (Roanoke College)
Jim Rose-
Johnny Cox

but the best would be King Kelly Coleman!

Tad Brewer was a good one and played college ball at Berea.
jason lindon-hhs (went to pikeville for a semester)
Alan Smith from Hazard was the best three point shooter. Last I heard he was living in North Carolina. Anywhere inside half court was automatic.

Johnny, UKcatfan
Alan Smith of Hazard High School. Best 3-point shooter. Haven't seen him in a while. Heard he was out of state. He was automatic. Also, great baseball player.

Johnny, UKcatfan
Memorial Gym #5 Wrote:Tad Brewer was a good one and played college ball at Berea.

Yeah Tad was in range when he crossed half court. Verry good ball player. I think he is the all-time leading scorer at Cordia with somewhere around 2200 points.
Unless I missed it somewhere has no one mentioned Bill Fannin? Coach Fannin played at Carr Creek on a team that beat Seneca in the finals of the L.I.T. in the early 1960's. Fannin also led the state (UK, UofL, etc.) in scoring while at Cumberland College.
Brian Milam Wrote:Unless I missed it somewhere has no one mentioned Bill Fannin? Coach Fannin played at Carr Creek on a team that beat Seneca in the finals of the L.I.T. in the early 1960's. Fannin also led the state (UK, UofL, etc.) in scoring while at Cumberland College.
He was playing Men's Independent league when I came out of HS and he was unbelievable at an advanced age.
Magicjefferson25 Wrote:Dint Big Earl, Arch, and Cecil all play on the same Breathitt team?

Lots of good players listed here or they would not be listed but if I was to

pick one player, it is JOHNNY COX.

:please: :yikes: :thatsfunn

wow.
Tim Couch - Leslie
Ben Bowling - PCC
Todd Craft - KCC
Herbie Stamper - KCC
I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok -Shaquille O'Neal
Tate cox from kcc probly the best player in the state of kentucky..this kid is got game.