Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elisha Justice commits to Louisville
RB#2 Wrote:John Wall is an exceptional player, but in my honest opinion, I think Justice will be able to hold his own. The size difference may be a bit of a challenge since justice is around 5'11, but he is very quick and defensively sound. IMO justice is good enough to be backup pg for Siva as of right now. It will be interesting to see how much he will improve playing under Pitino in the future.

You should make a trip to a Valley game in the near future to watch this young man play. :Thumbs:[url=http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=1&ved=0CAwQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thefreedictionary.com%2Fdefensively&rct=j&q=defensively&ei=MS3nSti9FpCKNufptJ4I&usg=AFQjCNFZkz8OVSc8xo8caVb_GDg4XC4PLQ&sig2=UNeCNoAtRK4oTAF90E_efw][/url]

I may just do that. If they are that much talent in KY that I haven't heard of then I'm missing out. I'll try my best to get to one of his games though, I better be impressed. :popcorn:
uhavenoidea Wrote:Will he start at L-ville, in your opinion?

Great honor to walk on there, just a general question.

Thats what I dont get man. SV's fans as a whole are not liked on this board and I think it is really bogging this thread down. Think about this...with the way college basketball is now. 15 or 20 years ago Richmond or Princeton would upset a team in the tourney and it would be huge and now these smaller schools compete with big time programs on a nightly basis. All of kids playing on these teams whether their major, mid major or small were not major recruits coming out of high school but that does not mean they cannot play. If you read my post above you would see Ive already answered your question. Who cares if he plays backup to a five star point gaurd his whole career. Who cares if he only plays 5 minutes a game. It is awesome that RICK PITINO saw him play this year and took the time for he and his staff to make 2 visits to Shelby Valley. Pitino will give him a shot to earn playing time and scholarship and then the ball is in Elijahs court. To read this board you would think he has to start and average 20 in the Big East to have a successful career. That is far from the case. I watched Anthony Epps hit three's and play in Final Fours for UK. A few years before I sat in the lobby of the Hyatt at the State Tournament and debated and listened to people dabate his potential. Most thought it was a joke to even consider that he could ever play for UK. I mean Pitino was building one of the greatest basketball teams of all time how would this kid ever be a part of it. The same thing at the PBURG/SV football game last weekend. I sat down and heard someone say Burchett's good but he's not Notre Dame or UK good and I said "why isnt he" let the universities make those decisions and rally behind our mountain athletes. I wanted SV to beat PBurg so badly I could taste it but downing this kid wasnt going to make my team any better.
5timechamp Wrote:Thats what I dont get man. SV's fans as a whole are not liked on this board and I think it is really bogging this thread down. Think about this...with the way college basketball is now. 15 or 20 years ago Richmond or Princeton would upset a team in the tourney and it would be huge and now these smaller schools compete with big time programs on a nightly basis. All of kids playing on these teams whether their major, mid major or small were not major recruits coming out of high school but that does not mean they cannot play. If you read my post above you would see Ive already answered your question. Who cares if he plays backup to a five star point gaurd his whole career. Who cares if he only plays 5 minutes a game. It is awesome that RICK PITINO saw him play this year and took the time for he and his staff to make 2 visits to Shelby Valley. Pitino will give him a shot to earn playing time and scholarship and then the ball is in Elijahs court. To read this board you would think he has to start and average 20 in the Big East to have a successful career. That is far from the case. I watched Anthony Epps hit three's and play in Final Fours for UK. A few years before I sat in the lobby of the Hyatt at the State Tournament and debated and listened to people dabate his potential. Most thought it was a joke to even consider that he could ever play for UK. I mean Pitino was building one of the greatest basketball teams of all time how would this kid ever be a part of it. The same thing at the PBURG/SV football game last weekend. I sat down and heard someone say Burchett's good but he's not Notre Dame or UK good and I said "why isnt he" let the universities make those decisions and rally behind our mountain athletes. I wanted SV to beat PBurg so badly I could taste it but downing this kid wasnt going to make my team any better.
the hype is whats retarded, like u said let the universities and elisha decide what goes on. all i ever hear is elisha this and elisha that, give someone else some credit for once. there are plenty of other talented kids in this region other than him, yea rick pitino came and watched him play thats been established. but other kids need some acknowledgment too.
mister... basketball Wrote:the hype is whats retarded, like u said let the universities and elisha decide what goes on. all i ever hear is elisha this and elisha that, give someone else some credit for once. there are plenty of other talented kids in this region other than him, yea rick pitino came and watched him play thats been established. but other kids need some acknowledgment too.

Finally we agree on something just like I said above about Burchett. Or look at David Jones IMO he had an outstanding career at UK. A kid like Justice can do nothing but help the image of our mountain athletes.
5timechamp Wrote:Finally we agree on something just like I said above about Burchett. Or look at David Jones IMO he had an outstanding career at UK. A kid like Justice can do nothing but help the image of our mountain athletes.

also elishas cocky attitude on the court is gonna get him in nothing but trouble IMO.
mister... basketball Wrote:also elishas cocky attitude on the court is gonna get him in nothing but trouble IMO.

I have never seen Elisha with a cocky attitude, could you explain what is cocky about his attitude? Not bashing your post, just curious.
RB#2 Wrote:I have never seen Elisha with a cocky attitude, could you explain what is cocky about his attitude? Not bashing your post, just curious.
elisha is cocky on and off the court, coming from a person who has played him i would know.
mister... basketball Wrote:elisha is cocky on and off the court, coming from a person who has played him i would know.

You answered a question with an opinion, how is he cocky?
mister... basketball Wrote:elisha is cocky on and off the court, coming from a person who has played him i would know.
He does play with a little flair and with an occasional attitude and those are two of the reasons he is special. Cocky is not the proper word to describe Elisha. Talented, intelligent, kid with the "it" factor, those describe Elisha. BTW, other than EJ, there is no one in this area that is deserving of such high praise. There are a few that may go to small colleges, but EJ is the best around here and it's not even close.
5timechamp Wrote:Finally we agree on something just like I said above about Burchett. Or look at David Jones IMO he had an outstanding career at UK. A kid like Justice can do nothing but help the image of our mountain athletes.

BTW, name the kids who deserve the attention. Let's see if some of the others on here agree. I am tired of people making statements on BGR and having no basis to back them up. Give us some substance to talk about. BTW, this is intended for mister basketball. Sorry, 5 time champ, I didn't mean to make it look like I was calling you out.
KINGJAMES#1 Wrote:UL's delustional fans make me laugh, especially you. :thatsfunn

Its quite funny the man cant go to the final four without cheating...lol...you make me laugh
5timechamp Wrote:John Wall comparison keeps coming up so just so you guys know John Wall is a once every 5 year type of point gaurd. A Player with his ability does not come around very often.

How many good players go NAIA and small D-1 and never get looked at by a top 10 program with a Hall of Fame coach?

Dont take your dislike for SV's fans out on this thread. Here's a reality check. We have a kid from right here in the mountains better than that a holler in Dorton Ky who is going to play in the Big East and travel the country and world and play basketball. And whether you like it or not Pitino's track record shows that he will give Justice a chance to earn playing time. If its a backup role to a five star point gaurd his entire career so what the kid is living his dream. A lot of jeolousy and immaturity has been displayed in this thread.

Great Post
mister... basketball Wrote:im just saying whats up with all this elisha hype? wow hes walking on at louisville, thats one thing. but will he actually get to play is the question. theres better players out there that pitino will sign and they will play over elisha end of story. people around pike county think elisha is michael jordan or something, lets go downtown and replace that statue in the park with a statue of elisha lmao! be realistic.

wow!!!are u some player in the 15th region jealous that elisha showed you how it was done...or what...give the kid credit...
well he acts confident to me not cocky
SIZE DOESNT MATTER
Downey
Fortson
Lucas
Abrams
Uconns guard
marquettes guard
Johnny Flynn
Travis Ford

its not the size of the dog, its the size of the fight in the dog!!!!!!!!!!!!
theVILLE Wrote:Its quite funny the man cant go to the final four without cheating...lol...you make me laugh

Tell me with factual evidence how UK or Calipari cheated to win a final four??? I don't like to do this but UL has been to more NITS in the past 10 years then final fours, so stop with all the hating.
everybody was the same way about landon slone when he went to kentucky, he actually played. elisha wont get to play considering siva is gonna be there all the way up until elisha's senior year. im sorry but if he wants to get quality playing time he better go to a smaller d-1 school.

but this just in elisha is playing in the mcdonalds all american walk on game. tickets are free if you buy the new elisha for president t-shirts. also on sale the new nike ej 3's only 19.95 at your local shoe show. lmao i mean seriously hes a no star recruit and you all are comparing him to john wall who is a predicted number one lottery pick in the nba draft. john wall would pick elisha limb from limb no questions asked.

but on a more serious note, dont get me wrong elisha is a fantastic player. ive watched him play and ive played against him, but be realistic before you go and say he has anything on john wall or anybody of his likings in the country. do you seriously think elisha can hold a candle to john wall and back your opinion?
Who said he's the next John Wall? Who said anything like that? Only thins people on here are saying is that he is underrated.
RB#2 Wrote:John Wall is an exceptional player, but in my honest opinion, I think Justice will be able to hold his own. The size difference may be a bit of a challenge since justice is around 5'11, but he is very quick and defensively sound. IMO justice is good enough to be backup pg for Siva as of right now. It will be interesting to see how much he will improve playing under Pitino in the future.

You should make a trip to a Valley game in the near future to watch this young man play. :Thumbs:[url=http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=1&ved=0CAwQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thefreedictionary.com%2Fdefensively&rct=j&q=defensively&ei=MS3nSti9FpCKNufptJ4I&usg=AFQjCNFZkz8OVSc8xo8caVb_GDg4XC4PLQ&sig2=UNeCNoAtRK4oTAF90E_efw][/url]
lmao! :thatsfunn
I dont think anyone really is comparing him to John Wall. John Wall is going to be the best player in the country this year probably. But Elisha is talented enough to go to UofL, or Pitino wouldn't have came to see him and made an offer. Who cares how tall he is. Who cares if it is a scholarship or not. Cameron Mills was one of the main players on UK's team, and he started out as a walk on. Mister... basketball must be a former player that Elisha showed up or something because if you have played against him, you should know how good he is. Quit being jealolus people, it is a huge honor for someone around here to get the honor to play for Rick Pitino.
mister... basketball Wrote:everybody was the same way about landon slone when he went to kentucky, he actually played. elisha wont get to play considering siva is gonna be there all the way up until elisha's senior year. im sorry but if he wants to get quality playing time he better go to a smaller d-1 school.

but this just in elisha is playing in the mcdonalds all american walk on game. tickets are free if you buy the new elisha for president t-shirts. also on sale the new nike ej 3's only 19.95 at your local shoe show. lmao i mean seriously hes a no star recruit and you all are comparing him to john wall who is a predicted number one lottery pick in the nba draft. john wall would pick elisha limb from limb no questions asked.

but on a more serious note, dont get me wrong elisha is a fantastic player. ive watched him play and ive played against him, but be realistic before you go and say he has anything on john wall or anybody of his likings in the country. do you seriously think elisha can hold a candle to john wall and back your opinion?

First step to working on a problem is admitting a problem. So say these words to yourself and you will be on the road to recovery......OK here goes "Elijah Justice schooled me and Im OK with it...I can now be a good member of BGR."
runninrebs21 Wrote:I dont think anyone really is comparing him to John Wall. John Wall is going to be the best player in the country this year probably. But Elisha is talented enough to go to UofL, or Pitino wouldn't have came to see him and made an offer. Who cares how tall he is. Who cares if it is a scholarship or not. Cameron Mills was one of the main players on UK's team, and he started out as a walk on. Mister... basketball must be a former player that Elisha showed up or something because if you have played against him, you should know how good he is. Quit being jealolus people, it is a huge honor for someone around here to get the honor to play for Rick Pitino.

Great post!!! he is wanting to coach after college not go to the NBA....he wants played under rick pitino on his resume
uhavenoidea Wrote:I was told Harrow shook Justice on more than one occasion.

Did those same people mention how many times he shook Harrow? Harrow may have shaken him, but I don't remember it.
Alot of jealousy coming from Mister Basketball, it seems like!!
jealousy? i think not, im just tired of everybody worshiping him like hes some kind of god. but yes i did play against him in summer league my junior year when he was a sophomore but i wasnt matched up against him. hes probably better now no doubt but im far from jealous. i just hate to see all these kids in the region who work hard day in and day out to be on top of there game and work like no other on the court and they never get noticed. thats the problem in the region the kids dont want to work for nothing knowing that all they will hear all year is elisha justice this and that. as i said before im proud of him for getting an offer from louisville, but if he was the player you all say he is why didnt pitino offer him a scholarship? and no scholarships arent for poor people as someone said on here earlier.

im not trying to say he isnt any good but i wish he would go to a school like wku or eku or some school like that so he can be a star and not have to sit on the bench and be a back up.
mister... basketball Wrote:jealousy? i think not, im just tired of everybody worshiping him like hes some kind of god. but yes i did play against him in summer league my junior year when he was a sophomore but i wasnt matched up against him. hes probably better now no doubt but im far from jealous. i just hate to see all these kids in the region who work hard day in and day out to be on top of there game and work like no other on the court and they never get noticed. thats the problem in the region the kids dont want to work for nothing knowing that all they will hear all year is elisha justice this and that. as i said before im proud of him for getting an offer from louisville, but if he was the player you all say he is why didnt pitino offer him a scholarship? and no scholarships arent for poor people as someone said on here earlier.

im not trying to say he isnt any good but i wish he would go to a school like wku or eku or some school like that so he can be a star and not have to sit on the bench and be a back up.

The other players in the region and mountains should gain motivation if their sick of hearing about him not lay down and quit as you say. The last couple of seasons and especially this year every game he plays is talked about on the radio, sports overtime and various message boards. If a kid in the region wants to make a name for himself then go out and take it to Justice. People will hear about it. The I dont want to work because all I hear is E. Justice is a pretty lame excuse.
This is an opinion based site! If you dont like what people have to say then dont starts threads about it!
mister... basketball Wrote:This is an opinion based site! If you dont like what people have to say then dont starts threads about it!

Practice what you preach. People like to voice their opinions of Justice....most good, some bad. :dontthink
im voicing my opinion, if u dont like it im sorry Wink
[quote=theVILLE]Great post!!! he is wanting to coach after college not go to the NBA....he wants played under rick pitino on his resume[/QUOTE

Well what happened to Rick Pitino here recently I'm not so sure I would want any part in that mess in Louisville. Rick Pitino isn't the coach is was at UK, and it's showed since he went to UL. I'm also not so sure I'd want his name on my resume after all this off the court issues has happened.