•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Future of the 15th region, who has the best middle school
I totally agree 'Instant', Valley is so going to be unstoppable in the matter of only approximately 2 years...Can't wait to see this team...Putting Ashley, Bacon, Logan, and the others together is just going to prove how hard-working these kids really are...They're definitely team players, all around basketball players...They put forth 100% effort and I truly look up to these guys. They earn it and they play with everything in them...Gosh, now I'm anxious to see the outcome of Valley's future team! Smile

Posted Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:00 pm:

"sf1" Wrote:
"alfus21" Wrote:
"Instant Offense" Wrote:Ok. I heard alot of talk of how good MCA was last year with Landon Slone. Dorton waltzed in to South Floyd and beta them by 20+. I will absolutely guarantee that Dorton or Virgie would beat SF. I wish we copuld just play them and show them how much better the Pike County Middle Schools are than the Floyd. It's not even close and hasn't been for a long time. Just remember MCA was supposed to be tough last year and we drilled them. Dorton and Virgie both went to a big tourney in Lousiville at the beginning of the season and finished #1 and #2 and there were alot of big time schools there. If you want to see the best two teams in the area go to Belfry tomorrow night and watch Dorton vs Virgie for the County Championship. Dorton has the best set of guards I have ever seen at the Middle School level. I would love to see them tear up the South Floyd backcourt.

Also, someone said Belfry Middle would have been tough? and Turkey Creek was a power? Dorton beat Turkey Creek 60-9 taking it easy on them...

Give up Instant O....South Floyd will never realize how tough Virgie and Dorton really are this year....Id love to see comploete schedule and results of Dorton and Virgie and see how bad they've beaten everybody...

I agree,virgie and dorton are very tough teams, i just think south floyd could play with either one of them.

For each of the games Virgie has played this year, excluding BCI, we have beaten each team, usually scoring twice as much as them, our toughtest competition being Dorton...Our victories this year against Dorton were extremely close...Like, by a margin of about 5 points not including the County Championship when the Eagles beat them by 10+...No team ever has gotten close to beating us except Dorton...None this year at all...I've been to every game backing my guys up, trust me on this one...South Floyd, I'm sure, would be competition to us, hearing from reliable sources they consist of some very talented players..I'd like to see them in competition...Very interesting, indeed. Virgie has lost one game this year at BCI to an Indiana team by only 2 points I'm almost sure. Some nights we're better than other nights, but we still are undoubtedly unstoppable....
South FLoyd middle is thinking about scrimaging dorton b4 we go to state i heard that from the SF coach
Do you know when the State Tourney is? Thanks in advance if ya know! :wink:
the state tournement starts friday feb 25
""Instant Offense"" Wrote:[quote="svwildcatfan"][
Good post, Virgie played a great game and we didn't step up to the challenge. They really dominated us on the inside. I was thinking can you imagine the team they would have if it was SV Middle. Logan Bryant, Elisha Justice, Daniel Harmon, Ashley Hatfield, and Bacon Newsome. Curby Tackett coming in as the 6th man. That would be a grade school team to be reckoned with.

the question is, do you think SV can dominate the inside against SF with there big man controling the paint?
If SV had a Middle School team had a grade school team they would win the state tournament this weekend. I would bet on it, but they don't. I still say both Dorton and Virgie have very good showings. I haven't seen SF play so I can't really say how they will do.

Someone mentioned a scrimmage between SF and Dorton. If the SF program is interested in the idea, call Dorton and ask for Randy Davis at 639-2832. Coach Davis said he would like to scrimmage them before we go to Lex this weekend. It would be really good experience for both teams.
i dont think they are gonna scrimmage anymore because of the 8th graders for SF playing freshman and JV ball... not enough days between now and friday. But I would like to wish luck to Virgie, Dorton, June Buchanan, and any other mountian team that is going to be in it...
Good luck to all Mountain teams lets bring home the title.

And i highly doubt SWCF that all these kids will go to SV.
1. Do to the will slowly lose grip on likeing Booher
2. Alot of high schools will talk to them and give them starting spots.
3. Their heads will get way to big and eventualy will think hey i dont get enough playing time i think its time for me to go somewhere else either that or just quite all together.
4. Critisim most GOOD/Great players dont like it when they are yelled at high school ball is a WHOLE lot diff then Grade School ball.

but thats just my opinion
I'd have to say that South Floyd is the best middle school team i have seen in a while.
can virgie control the game down low yes they can actually they have 2 realy good big men down low that being Ashley and Bacon they both are over 6 ft and see the floor realy well both can jump very well and sometimes can play up in a 122.
Well, i gotta say... I dont think there is a better center in middle school or even freshman centers that can match up with SF on the inside. There center is at least 6'7" and can handle the ball very well for a kid his size, and I heard he is even developing a nice 3 point shot to go along with a mid range jumpshot.

But i also gotta say that depends on the refs. If they call a game like they usually do, with every touch being a foul. Then SF is in trouble. But if the refs let them play like they do in every other region, then I have my doubts about it. I seen the boy give his dad all he can handle in practice, and his dad is like 7 foot tall it looks like.
"BasketBallonlyfan" Wrote:Well, i gotta say... I dont think there is a better center in middle school or even freshman centers that can match up with SF on the inside. There center is at least 6'7" and can handle the ball very well for a kid his size, and I heard he is even developing a nice 3 point shot to go along with a mid range jumpshot.

But i also gotta say that depends on the refs. If they call a game like they usually do, with every touch being a foul. Then SF is in trouble. But if the refs let them play like they do in every other region, then I have my doubts about it. I seen the boy give his dad all he can handle in practice, and his dad is like 7 foot tall it looks like.

yes i agree very much with this post and in practice he does give his dad a breat challege when the play agianst each other in practice.
I've not seen the kids from SF play, but if all the kids from Dorton and Virgie go to Shelby Valley then SF will have a hard time hanging with them on the high school level. Dorton has some outstanding guards in Logan Bryant and Elisha Justice, as well as a promising big man in 13 year old Curby Tackett. Virgie has two nice big men in Ashley Hatfield and Taylor Newsome, as well as Daniel Harmon. I think this group has the potential to make a couple of trips to the state tournament in three or four years...
I heard Johnson Central has a good Middle School team. Has South Floyd, Virgie, or Dorton played Johnson Central?
Johnson County does have a good middle school team. You have to take into consideration that JC is drawing for a MUCH large group of students. I think I've been told that JC has more boys in 7th and 8th grade than Dorton has in the enitre school (k-8). I think JC and Dorton have played twice this year, with each team winning once.
BBF its hard for a kid thats 6'7 to score if you have 2 kids that are both about 6'3 6'4 on u and both of those kids play unreal defence and can handle the ball very well i c them to shut this kid down virgie can stop both penetration and the dump down low if the run the 1-2-2 defence then that will make SF spread their offence out and will not allow the big kid to get the ball on the block he will most likely b playin at the free throw line.
well... he might have two kids guarding him. just the same, in the last game of the county tourney, he had 3 guarding him everytime he had the ball, all three was over 6'2" and he went 5 for 6 from the field. I just dont know why everyone thinks that players from pike county are better than players from floyd county all the time. Also, you gotta realize that valley does have more students than SF, but that dont mean they will win every game they play against schools with less people. I think a game is decided more by players heart and how well they play together than one with two or three great players. remember, talent will only go so far, will to win, pride, and teamwork will take care of the rest. SF doesnt have one player averaging 10 ppg or more, but got 4 averageing 9+ and 9 players averageing 5 or more ppg. how can you stop that many weapons?
You can't stop them. Smile
but... you also gotta remember, Virgie dont have enough confidnece in there players to play against kids there own age, that is why they hold them back for a year or two, but I would still put SF's 8th graders against Virgie's what should be freshman and sophmores.
"svwildcatfan" Wrote:I totally agree 'Instant', Valley is so going to be unstoppable in the matter of only approximately 2 years...Can't wait to see this team...Putting Ashley, Bacon, Logan, and the others together is just going to prove how hard-working these kids really are...They're definitely team players, all around basketball players...They put forth 100% effort and I truly look up to these guys. They earn it and they play with everything in them...Gosh, now I'm anxious to see the outcome of Valley's future team! Smile

Posted Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:00 pm:

"sf1" Wrote:
"alfus21" Wrote:
"Instant Offense" Wrote:Ok. I heard alot of talk of how good MCA was last year with Landon Slone. Dorton waltzed in to South Floyd and beta them by 20+. I will absolutely guarantee that Dorton or Virgie would beat SF. I wish we copuld just play them and show them how much better the Pike County Middle Schools are than the Floyd. It's not even close and hasn't been for a long time. Just remember MCA was supposed to be tough last year and we drilled them. Dorton and Virgie both went to a big tourney in Lousiville at the beginning of the season and finished #1 and #2 and there were alot of big time schools there. If you want to see the best two teams in the area go to Belfry tomorrow night and watch Dorton vs Virgie for the County Championship. Dorton has the best set of guards I have ever seen at the Middle School level. I would love to see them tear up the South Floyd backcourt.

Also, someone said Belfry Middle would have been tough? and Turkey Creek was a power? Dorton beat Turkey Creek 60-9 taking it easy on them...

Give up Instant O....South Floyd will never realize how tough Virgie and Dorton really are this year....Id love to see comploete schedule and results of Dorton and Virgie and see how bad they've beaten everybody...

I agree,virgie and dorton are very tough teams, i just think south floyd could play with either one of them.

For each of the games Virgie has played this year, excluding BCI, we have beaten each team, usually scoring twice as much as them, our toughtest competition being Dorton...Our victories this year against Dorton were extremely close...Like, by a margin of about 5 points not including the County Championship when the Eagles beat them by 10+...No team ever has gotten close to beating us except Dorton...None this year at all...I've been to every game backing my guys up, trust me on this one...South Floyd, I'm sure, would be competition to us, hearing from reliable sources they consist of some very talented players..I'd like to see them in competition...Very interesting, indeed. Virgie has lost one game this year at BCI to an Indiana team by only 2 points I'm almost sure. Some nights we're better than other nights, but we still are undoubtedly unstoppable....

I have been reading this thread and I have one question.
How many of the Virgie and Dorton players have been held back, I dont have a dog in this fight could care less, but I have heard rumors.
lol honestly have u watched these kids play from virgie and if so how many times please enlighten me on how many times.

U just then tried to measure someones heart thats horrible how would u know how much heart Virgies players have from how it looks to me they have enough heart than that of anyone. And no one said Pike County players were better than Floyd Co players stop making false assumptions im just telling u that Virgie is for real and im not saying that SF isnt ive watched them play and from what ive saw the 2 big kids for Virgie can stop the big kid from SF but thats MO. i dont even know why u said this...
". Also, you gotta realize that valley does have more students than SF"
who made a comment about that b-4 u did b/c i have say any one lol.
and y does everyone keep bringing up hold backs over and over we all have the chances to hold back our players if SF did this i dont think that u would b complaining no chance. So please stop complaining on sumthin that SF has the chance to do also. Alot of times its not due to sports i was held back one year and it wasnt due to sports my friend. But most of the time yes it is.
Confidence in only their "SOPH" they only have to hold backs my friend that being Harmon who realy doesnt even do that much and Hatfield whom if wasnt a hold back would b in 8th grade so understand the facts.
Both teams are good i just think that Valley can shut down the O game of SF with their 122 half court trap and 221 press.
I never hear about Defence from SF ppl is that all they are can they play defence if u ask me they are a mideocer defencive team who relys more on rebounds. While Virgie gets alot of their points off of making the other team making mistakes and pushing the ball up the floor.

But go ahead and disagree i could sit here and do this 4-ever
"15thRegionSlamaBamma" Wrote:lol honestly have u watched these kids play from virgie and if so how many times please enlighten me on how many times.

U just then tried to measure someones heart thats horrible how would u know how much heart Virgies players have from how it looks to me they have enough heart than that of anyone. And no one said Pike County players were better than Floyd Co players stop making false assumptions im just telling u that Virgie is for real and im not saying that SF isnt ive watched them play and from what ive saw the 2 big kids for Virgie can stop the big kid from SF but thats MO. i dont even know why u said this...
". Also, you gotta realize that valley does have more students than SF"
who made a comment about that b-4 u did b/c i have say any one lol.
and y does everyone keep bringing up hold backs over and over we all have the chances to hold back our players if SF did this i dont think that u would b complaining no chance. So please stop complaining on sumthin that SF has the chance to do also. Alot of times its not due to sports i was held back one year and it wasnt due to sports my friend. But most of the time yes it is.
Confidence in only their "SOPH" they only have to hold backs my friend that being Harmon who realy doesnt even do that much and Hatfield whom if wasnt a hold back would b in 8th grade so understand the facts.
Both teams are good i just think that Valley can shut down the O game of SF with their 122 half court trap and 221 press.
I never hear about Defence from SF ppl is that all they are can they play defence if u ask me they are a mideocer defencive team who relys more on rebounds. While Virgie gets alot of their points off of making the other team making mistakes and pushing the ball up the floor.

But go ahead and disagree i could sit here and do this 4-ever

Great post man. Virgie is a very talented team and I believe that they would beat South Floyd. Like he said Hatfield could be in the 8th grade but he would still be there best player. He can take in inside and can also shoot from outside.
hmmm, SF has mediore defence? over the season, other teams only averaged 35 ppg... just because SF dont run up the score on other teams like Virgie tries to, doesnt mean they cant play. And yes, I seen Virgie play three times this year. I never said they didnt have talent, they do, but everyone from pike county goes on and on about every pike county school. hold backs should only be for injuries or grades. not so they can have a freshman team playing a 8th grade team. I have read my last post two or three times. I still dont see the part where I said Virgie hasnt any heart. I did say SF plays with alot of heart though. but, if you was to take a coaches pole in floyd county, about who the best point guard is, it may be a split between the Malanadro kid from BL and the Slone kid from SF, but most would say the Slone kid. The way he controls the team on the court is amazing for a young player. but if you was to ask the same coaches who the best center is they had to play against, they will say the adams kid, that woudl be every coach from every team. Do you think all the Pike county coaches would say that about Virgies big men? It is just all the people from SF say SF is the best, all from the Valley area say Virgie can not be beaten. But the facts are, any team can be beaten on any night. But reading these post about Virgie, they cant lose a game. but every team can fall.
"15thRegionSlamaBamma" Wrote:im not saying that SF isnt ive watched them play and from what ive saw the 2 big kids for Virgie can stop the big kid from SF but thats MO.

When Virgies 2 big kids are guarding SF's big man, which of SF guns should be left open? I would suggest either the Patrick kid, or maybe Slone, but then again Jody would be a good choice, but all of SF starting 5 and the first 4 off the bench are guns... so they need to be carefull about how much they try to double team. Because the center for SF is gonna get his points either off passes or rebounds. but I wont say he can shut down both of Virgies big men, but I bet they have a way below average scoring game for both of them.
Let's just wait and see who does better in the KBA this weekend, and then let the excuses fly from Floyd County when SF is a disappointment...
"BasketBallonlyfan" Wrote:hmmm, SF has mediore defence? over the season, other teams only averaged 35 ppg... just because SF dont run up the score on other teams like Virgie tries to, doesnt mean they cant play. And yes, I seen Virgie play three times this year. I never said they didnt have talent, they do, but everyone from pike county goes on and on about every pike county school. hold backs should only be for injuries or grades. not so they can have a freshman team playing a 8th grade team. I have read my last post two or three times. I still dont see the part where I said Virgie hasnt any heart. I did say SF plays with alot of heart though. but, if you was to take a coaches pole in floyd county, about who the best point guard is, it may be a split between the Malanadro kid from BL and the Slone kid from SF, but most would say the Slone kid. The way he controls the team on the court is amazing for a young player. but if you was to ask the same coaches who the best center is they had to play against, they will say the adams kid, that woudl be every coach from every team. Do you think all the Pike county coaches would say that about Virgies big men? It is just all the people from SF say SF is the best, all from the Valley area say Virgie can not be beaten. But the facts are, any team can be beaten on any night. But reading these post about Virgie, they cant lose a game. but every team can fall.

Reading this post truely makes me sick due to u talking about how Pike County ppl only think we have good players look whos talking my friend ive stated many times that SF is a very talented team and that they could beat virgie but i think that Virgie would win right now at this point in time. Pretty much the only argument u have about Virgie is that they are hold backs get over it the khsaa ( they also run middle school atheletics) does not have a rule saying u cant hold back kids, until there is then stop complaining about it. i truely do think that the big kid for SF is a great player but will b stopped by the defence of Virgie. When u put Virgie in a 122 defence traping the wings then that totaly takes away your inside gaming forcing you to take outside shot and to penetrate. This is by far going to take the big man out of the game as it has against every other team they have played this season. The guards will have to step up and hit big shots the big man will b forced to hit the boards hard which he does. Going back to where you asked if Pike County coaches in a poll would say Ashely is the best Center yes they would if he didnt get it then Bacon would get it, both of whom play for Virgie. Plus if we are talking about this then i feel like it should b both a Pike COunty and Floyd county poll considering this is about the ENTIRE 15th region. Also i think it should only b if all coaches have seen one another play at a given time through out the season. Is Sf a mediocre defence yes they are u said that they only alowed 35 pts a game this season if u check things out that is normaly the avg score of a Grade School game this isnt high school my friend u dont score 70 pts a game. I know when i played teams normaly scored lucky to get 50 pts a game. So yes in my eyes they are a mediocre defence they dont realy change it up much once they do they will b a whole lot better at D. And you said we talk about how we think only Virgie can win games u tlak about SF liek they are saints lol ur so HYPOCRITICAL. Virgie has flaws and ill b the first one on here to say it the worse flaw they have is taking stupied shots. Now lets see u say something bad about SF wait their GODS arent they. HAHA
You might as well give up 15RegionSlamaBamma... You can't talk to people from Floyd County. They don't want to hear what you have to say unless it's that SF is the best team in the world. We will see just what SF is made of this weekend, and believe me I will tell you all about it....
"BasketBallonlyfan" Wrote:but... you also gotta remember, Virgie dont have enough confidnece in there players to play against kids there own age, that is why they hold them back for a year or two, but I would still put SF's 8th graders against Virgie's what should be freshman and sophmores.

You're hilarious...you know that? I'll go ahead and tell you..Ashley Hatfield I do have to admit was held back this year...But he doesn't even turn 14 until July...So no big deal...Bacon was held back in kindergarten..Yes, you heard me-kindergarten..I mean really, the kid was barely even fingerpainting in that grade, let alone was he tearing it up on the gym floor lol.And Daniel Harmon was held back in the 6th grade I think. Anywho....Confidence my butt.....We don't have enough "confidence" in our players to play them against their own age kids?...Daniel Harmon is like 15...The oldest kid on the team...Whoa, big deal...Wouldn't you hold back someone as unstoppable as him? The other 2 holdbacks are the same ages as ppl on SF's team, I'm sure. You need to watch my guys play some more and observe a dynasty in the making before you judge our confidentiality. Hunnie, we're an awesome team, and I'd even say that if I hadn't went to Virgie Middle School. You need to look more in-depth at things b4 you start shovelin' all that crap about confidence...Our boys get so much recognition...They obviously do get praised for their victories, believe you me sweety....Ha.....

And to 15thRegionSlammaBama-You know I love ya man...but honestly...You always think these kids are gonna go to another school...I know FOR SURE that the following kids are going to Valley....

-Bacon
-Elisha
-Curby
-Ashley told me he was
-Daniel Harmon also mentioned it to me...No talk at all about Pike Central baby doll....sorry ta tell ya that....
-Logan's goin' to Valley for sure
-Tyler Newsome-he's not the best player in the world, but he's a killer 3-point shooter

Once again 15thRegion, you're awesome, and I'm not trying to argue or anything but you think too much that these kids are just gonna "throw it all away when they get to highschool cause they don't like being yelled at"? or because other schools are going to offer them starting positions...Big deal hunnie...Valley's been pretty daggone good lately, and it's been that way for a long time I do have to say. I don't think they would go to another school just because they got offered a starting position...sheesh....

Anyways...Ta-ta...Haha...yes, I *am* a girl if you guys haven't noticed but if their is one thing I know about, it's how good VMS is at bball...Ya gotta give me a lil' credit...I mean, I AM on BGR...Haha...That's pretty cool of me don'tcha think? Jus' kiddin'......

Much Love
Tongue
Ashley is 13 and yes he will be a WILDCAT player!
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next