•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Larry French to Middlesboro
Coaching isn’t classified, it’s extra duty
WKYT reporting French is heading to Middlesboro.

https://www.wkyt.com/content/sports/Sout...29111.html

SOMERSET, Ky. (WKYT) - Larry French is leaving Southwestern High School after five seasons.
Sources tell WKYT that French will accept the head coaching position at Middlesboro. Yellowjackets coach Zach Massengill was fired at the end of the season.
well well what going happen now
Statement made by super French has not accepted the Job!!
David Jones is in MIddlesboro. Meeting with a realitor at Kings Donuts!
I also seen David Jones in town this afternoon.
David Jones has apparently called the Superintendent multiple times with interest in the job
Great things happening in the Boro.. Folks just relax and let’s the Super work out finals details..
Truthhurts Wrote:David Jones is in MIddlesboro. Meeting with a realitor at Kings Donuts!

He would make an excellent associate head coach if French takes the job.

If anyone spots them at Conley’s, the deal is done.
i agree people let the administration do what needs to be done and getting it done right for the kids who plays sports
So is Nick Saban
Truthhurts Wrote:David Jones is in MIddlesboro. Meeting with a realitor at Kings Donuts!

:biglmao:
Gitback Coach Wrote:He would make an excellent associate head coach if French takes the job.

If anyone spots them at Conley’s, the deal is done.

Conley's is definitely a better draw
Where is French from?
What I heard today Superintendent Allen has been working on this for a long while. Let’s all chill and let the Super take care of business. I do appreciate the Administration going after the best possible candidate. We just need to sit back and let things happen.
Smartest post from anyone I have read.

Things are under control and their have been 3-5 people working on getting it right ( 3 of the people would surprise you but....) Everyone needs to relax and let things fall in place instead of thinking they have to know more than someone else. It will all come out soon enough.
In other words French is exploring other options as well. Reports coming out of Whitley that French is talking to them as well. This stuff is straight from a Dudley playbook. Personally , I would want a guy that wants to be my Coach. I hope this is the case. Middlesboro says done deal, I hope so for them.
He told Whitley it was a no about three weeks ago. Nice post predator/prey. You and Next Gen must live in the same house or share the same computer lol. You sir and you ma’am are clearly not fans of the black and good.

Whitley has started a different radar. They have three good applicants. Lawson has to decide which way they are going.

Pineville I have heard a lot but nothing from solid people. Frazier sounds like best hope. Chappell is next best. After that it is from within. Some strings will have to be pulled for either of the first two and some money found.

Estill sounds like the Marcum kid and Bourbon is a done deal with Jones. That’s all I know at this point.
Football_Maniac Wrote:He told Whitley it was a no about three weeks ago. Nice post predator/prey. You and Next Gen must live in the same house or share the same computer lol. You sir and you ma’am are clearly not fans of the black and good.

Whitley has started a different radar. They have three good applicants. Lawson has to decide which way they are going.

Pineville I have heard a lot but nothing from solid people. Frazier sounds like best hope. Chappell is next best. After that it is from within. Some strings will have to be pulled for either of the first two and some money found.

Estill sounds like the Marcum kid and Bourbon is a done deal with Jones. That’s all I know at this point.

Different radar? Are the three from Corbin or Knox Central?
Outside of Haywood, it doesn’t matter who you guys pick up The King of this County is and will be Dudley. More wins and championships than what you got.
pjdoug Wrote:Different radar? Are the three from Corbin or Knox Central?

Whitley will settle for Mills when all is said and done. Good luck
Your right about Hayward. No one even close to him. Hayward like French is a man with high morals and integrity. I would love for my son to play for Hayward or French. Both are great role models for young men. Hayward and French teach them more than football. I sure hope the Super is working it out. Our young people need to have an influence like either of these men more than ever now. I have heard French is a good christian man much like Hayward.
Why is French leaving Southwestern?
E's Army Wrote:Why is French leaving Southwestern?

He told his team he needed to take some time away from football, just get away from it for a while. So he is taking the job here at MHS. .....
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Where is French from?

Madison County originally.
WhyLie Wrote:Whitley will settle for Mills when all is said and done. Good luck

One should never settle unless it is for Dudley.
I figured it was a done deal with several news stations reporting he is going to sign with Middlesboro.
Everyone in Middlesboro sure hopes so. I still find it hard to believe Coach French is actually coming to Middlesboro. I do think it may actually happen. I read the WKYT article. The Superintendent still has not made anything official. Huge huge hire!
watcher Wrote:Everyone in Middlesboro sure hopes so. I still find it hard to believe Coach French is actually coming to Middlesboro. I do think it may actually happen. I read the WKYT article. The Superintendent still has not made anything official. Huge huge hire!

The report seems to have been removed from WDKY's page.
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next