•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Boyle Co 21 Corbin 14
(11-18-2023, 11:20 AM)AverageJoe Wrote: Twins provided with housing, cars, food, and money to lose in the third round. 

Bet some people are thinking why did we do all of that for that result.

Thankful for the live stream but seems that a lot of people on here are forgetting about the two int #2 threw, not getting in from the one yard line, and boyle d not tackling a simple sweep play.  The game was  close because of those reasons.
Out of the entire game I think the twins made 2-3 plays, maybe less.
Really anxious to see if the house cars and money are still there come Monday ?
(11-18-2023, 01:35 AM)know1 Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 01:03 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: It's weird that Corbin fans talked up Boyle before this game, saying Boyle would win by four and five scores . And now after watching the damn game , the same Corbin fans won't even admit the obvious and glaring conclusion that Corbin was better. You hate Tommy as much as I do but , unlike me, you can't admit that Tom's team was far better. Just didn't get the big plays or breaks. They did win the high hurdle championship. What a dumbass rule!!!
As a Boyle fan, I'll admit that Corbin might have been better over all. I was not impressed that Boyle had to resort to Quisenberry carrying them to win. I thought they were better than that. I'll take it, but I don't feel good about it.
If you're a Boyle fan and not impressed that the best player on the field got the ball when it mattered, then you haven't been a Boyle fan for long. Reese McShara carried the ball what seemed to be 1,000 times a game during that state championship run. Why not let Quisenberry do what he does?
(11-18-2023, 10:42 AM)know1 Wrote: So, honest question here with no agenda: Why didn't the twins play on offense this year? Seems like a bit of a wasted opportunity to use some great athletes to help the team.
Most coaches are superstitious about players playing differently than they did all season.  Dance with the lady that got you to the big dance.  This is just my opinion; I have no idea what the Corbin coaching staff is thinking.  Personally, I don't think I would've played them on offense if they hadn't played on offense all season.

(11-18-2023, 11:51 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 11:13 AM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: We are watching the literal self destruction of a man right here in this thread. This is gonna be so fun to read the next few days lol
Go put some women in handcuffs.
Me!! Me!!
Smile

(11-18-2023, 11:54 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 11:06 AM)Ralph Furley Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 12:56 AM)Bolt Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 12:51 AM)HenryHankHill Wrote: Somerset won tonight…..

Wonder if
A).  The NIL Twins move back to Somerset and Mark Stops (Stoops, or just Oops) makes a call to get them eligible for next week??
B).  The NIL Twins give up their cool dodge trucks and move to Lexington
C).  They stay in Corbin for. 6th year of eligibility and lose to Haddix again???

Clay Clevenger getting it done will make it tougher to get kids to move an hour to Corbin.

to be honest they probably would have had a better chance at a title had they went back to somerset, but somerset is going to get drilled next week
Do you think they went to Corbin for a title?Winning a title had nothing to do with it. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

How much longer is hating on these two kids gonna be tolerated?  We are watching two youngsters get abused.
No you aren't.  These are not hate remarks!
(11-18-2023, 12:42 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 12:31 PM)rick2517 Wrote: Congratulations Boyle County on a well deserved win.  Ignore what some of the people on here are saying.  You are definitely the better team!!!
You didn't even watch the game, did you?   lol

Corbin had the ball for what seemed like the whole game. Boyle finally got the ball into the hands of its best player and he won the game with a couple of big plays. Corbin, appeared to be the better team, according to most that I talked to. One player high-hurdled his way to a Corbin loss.
THIS is tantamount to a hate remark.  One player's mistakes don't make or break a game!!  Besides, shouldn't the coaching staff have done SOMETHING to prevent this after the first hurdle?

(11-18-2023, 12:42 PM)Corbin Wrote: Boyle likely has more transfers than Corbin. It's part of the game these days. Who cares. If a kid wants to come to your school and play, let them. It's not a business. It's kids wanting to be successful and have better opportunities.
Actually, I think it IS a business.  When money and gifts are involved and all the secretive and frantic gestures behind the scenese to get these kids eligible to play; what else can someone think?
[-] The following 2 users Like Granny Bear's post:
  • HenryHankHill, pjdoug
I went to this game and watched it in person and I'm usually silent observer of the fan boards for KY HS football. but I find the arrogance of the Boyle fans this morning to be funny, I didn't get that impression as I waited in a long line to go to the bathroom last night every Boyle fan I seen looked like they were as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. it was either teams game all night. the home field advantage worked heavily in favor of the home team... always does. Corbin and Boyle will meet again and both teams will reload and I don't doubt Corbin will be on the winning side of a game against Boyle in the very near future. Boyle is a established very well funded Central Kentucky football program that has the comfort of recent State Championships and a big fanbase that comes with successful seasons to cheer them on. I'm proud of the Corbin kids they have a bigger hill to climb to play these type games. these kids are carrying the weight of a 40 year drought that even Haddix couldn't market his way into. but with the investments made to the program this year and in the coming years I can tell you the health of the program is good and positive. it was counted this season and in Corbin from TCSA to high school there was over 300+ kids playing football this season. proud of the Corbin team this morning great young men on and off the field!
- father of two future Redhounds
[-] The following 1 user Likes Son of the Alamo's post:
  • nemo
(11-18-2023, 12:58 PM)Ned Gremlin Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 11:20 AM)AverageJoe Wrote: Twins provided with housing, cars, food, and money to lose in the third round. 

Thankful for the live stream but seems that a lot of people on here are forgetting about the two int #2 threw, not getting in from the one yard line, and boyle d not tackling a simple sweep play.  The game was  close because of those reasons.

Really anxious to see if you have to hire an attorney in a few weeks.
(11-18-2023, 12:58 PM)FastScreen435 Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 01:35 AM)know1 Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 01:03 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: It's weird that Corbin fans talked up Boyle before this game, saying Boyle would win by four and five scores . And now after watching the damn game , the same Corbin fans won't even admit the obvious and glaring conclusion that Corbin was better. You hate Tommy as much as I do but , unlike me, you can't admit that Tom's team was far better. Just didn't get the big plays or breaks. They did win the high hurdle championship. What a dumbass rule!!!
As a Boyle fan, I'll admit that Corbin might have been better over all. I was not impressed that Boyle had to resort to Quisenberry carrying them to win. I thought they were better than that. I'll take it, but I don't feel good about it.
If you're a Boyle fan and not impressed that the best player on the field got the ball when it mattered, then you haven't been a Boyle fan for long. Reese McShara carried the ball what seemed to be 1,000 times a game during that state championship run. Why not let Quisenberry do what he does?
I don't disagree with what you're saying and Reese did carry the ball and the team a lot. 

I was just trying to say that I thought this Boyle team was more balanced and diverse than to have to resort to effectively running the Wildcat for the entire second half. It worked, though, and Quisenberry was the best player in the game.
It’s wild OSH is crying about people saying things about the Twins who gave 5 months of their life to the program. But is also crucifying a kid who was Corbin’s only offense last night whose family has given a lifetime to the program. Wild takes.
[-] The following 2 users Like Waitaminute's post:
  • AverageJoe, Glory_Days
The high hurdles were odd. One time... okay. But three times! The kid is a super athlete and I just think it's an instinctive thing for him to do. I'm sure the
coaching staff probably said , don't do that again!" Kid is just too athletic for his ,and the team's , own good in this instance.

Dum, dumb, DUMB rule though!!!
Boyle won so it’s a moot point now, but I was shocked 5 didn’t get the ball on the 4th and goal to put the game away. Haddix and company probably out thought themselves on that one.

Same can be said for the attempted QB throw back Corbin called on their last play. Let Elam make a play, with his arm or feet and accept whatever comes from it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 2000PHS's post:
  • Cactus Jack
(11-18-2023, 02:18 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 02:08 AM)smoke1015 Wrote: "Brilliant coaching"...It was 2nd grade youth league coaching. Take the ball and give it to your best player. I thought Corbin ran a much more systematic offense and diverse play calling. But here's what Quisenberry did, surrounded by Corbin defenders, probably the best tackling team I've saw in years, Quisenberry would make them miss with an explosive move to pull out of the first hit, he'd make a move and make 2 guys miss within a 2 yard span, then he'd either finally get enough bodies on him to go down, or he'd find the hole and be in the end zone. He was the reason Boyle won, plain and simple. I don't see how a sane person couldn't see that. Which, in the end, all that matters is who carries the W. And having said that, if I were Haddix, putting the ball in Quisenberry's hands is exactly what I'd have done.

Without Quisenberry, you and I(and everyone on here) know Boyle loses. Corbin had the overall better roster , by far.
This is such a whiny mentality. Without the twins Corbin is 12-2 on the season. Without Elam, Corbin can't throw the ball downfield therefore only score 7 points. You can say "without X" about nearly anything but facts are facts, Boyle won when it mattered in the big game (again), and Corbin will be turning their equipment in and watching from home. A tale as old as time.
(11-18-2023, 01:01 PM)Son of the Alamo Wrote: I went to this game and watched it in person and I'm usually silent observer of the fan boards for KY HS football. but I find the arrogance of the Boyle fans this morning to be funny, I didn't get that impression as I waited in a long line to go to the bathroom last night every Boyle fan I seen looked like they were as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. it was either teams game all night. the home field advantage worked heavily in favor of the home team... always does. Corbin and Boyle will meet again and both teams will reload and I don't doubt Corbin will be on the winning side of a game against Boyle in the very near future. Boyle is a established very well funded Central Kentucky football program that has the comfort of recent State Championships and a big fanbase that comes with successful seasons to cheer them on. I'm proud of the Corbin kids they have a bigger hill to climb to play these type games. these kids are carrying the weight of a 40 year drought that even Haddix couldn't market his way into. but with the investments made to the program this year and in the coming years I can tell you the health of the program is good and positive. it was counted this season and in Corbin from TCSA to high school there was over 300+ kids playing football this season. proud of the Corbin team this morning great young men on and off the field!

Very good post but you must agree that Cox, Greer and Jewell have to go.  Let's go with new leadership. Your boys are not gonna maximize their potential with the current group of people that's in charge.  Drain the swamp and then move forward and win championships!!!
(11-18-2023, 01:04 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 12:58 PM)Ned Gremlin Wrote:

Really anxious to see if you have to hire an attorney in a few weeks.
If I do I will just sell my 11 state championship rings to pay for it. They cost more in this day and age than they did in 1982.
(11-18-2023, 01:01 PM)Son of the Alamo Wrote: I went to this game and watched it in person and I'm usually silent observer of the fan boards for KY HS football. but I find the arrogance of the Boyle fans this morning to be funny, I didn't get that impression as I waited in a long line to go to the bathroom last night every Boyle fan I seen looked like they were as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. it was either teams game all night. the home field advantage worked heavily in favor of the home team... always does. Corbin and Boyle will meet again and both teams will reload and I don't doubt Corbin will be on the winning side of a game against Boyle in the very near future. Boyle is a established very well funded Central Kentucky football program that has the comfort of recent State Championships and a big fanbase that comes with successful seasons to cheer them on. I'm proud of the Corbin kids they have a bigger hill to climb to play these type games. these kids are carrying the weight of a 40 year drought that even Haddix couldn't market his way into. but with the investments made to the program this year and in the coming years I can tell you the health of the program is good and positive. it was counted this season and in Corbin from TCSA to high school there was over 300+ kids playing football this season. proud of the Corbin team this morning great young men on and off the field!

Come on dude.  A lot of comments are from non Boyle people and most of them are replying to the rants of one poster.  It was either teams game all night and I was worried until the last second clicked off.  Two great teams played last night and we saw some unbelievable individual performances on both sides of the ball.  The last two games these teams have played have came down to 1 score and the game being in doubt until the last minute or two.  That's the reality.  I listened to two drunk women wearing Corbin gear at the game last night spewing all kinds stuff and I'm not generalizing the entire 3 or 4 thousand Redhounds that were there because of it.  I thought it was an incredible atmosphere.  Two great teams making big plays.  You should be proud of the Corbin program as Boyle fans should be proud of ours.
[-] The following 2 users Like BEChargers's post:
  • CC117, Jack Lambert
Old school hound went to massage parlors, watering holes, and then Quoted a preacher. Now talking cease and desist orders. Lawyers.

Insanity defined is doing the same thing over and over and over again. Expecting a different result. I hate the Corbin kids lost. But they are set up to lose. The leaders are to blame.

Varsity thugs
Cox
Tommy
Foley
Tremaine
Hart

Then the JV thugs
Mouser
Hart
Mills
Guy

The reason Haddix has 3 rings and still playing is because these type gentlemen above aren’t controlling him and his program, and the JV aren’t stabbing him in the back. Haddix sent the JV off but the varsity didn’t like it. Made him start mowing practice fields and turned him into the one man ground crew for his pay. I watched it, heard it from his own mouth.

Now he has complete control, and wins. Congrats Haddix! You bettered yourself. You deserved the success you are earning. Same for the other side. It’s all about the grown ups back here in Corbin. Not the kids.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HighViz's post:
  • CC117
(11-18-2023, 01:18 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Very good post but you must agree that Cox, Greer and Jewell have to go.  Let's go with new leadership. Your boys are not gonna maximize their potential with the current group of people that's in charge.  Drain the swamp and then move forward and win championships!!!

He won’t agree to that….it is clear cox hired him and he is probably on the football staff!!!!! LOL
I guess we're done talking about the game... Time to move on to next week when that discussion thread gets opened.
Couple of thoughts.

- I don’t feel bad that Corbin lost. I hate it for the kids but not so much the program. Corbin is really the most “they hate us because they ain’t us” program in the state. And that’s really a compliment to what they are. People whine about who they attract to play there but they spend the money to make it an attractive place to play. Great stadium, great gear, great fans. If your team had it, they’d use it to their advantage too.

Corbin’s problem is they just don’t know how to lose graciously.

- The worst thing any program can do is try to compare themselves to other programs. Being Corbin ain’t bad. Seeing people act like Boyle County is mid and Corbin is better.

I saw the score. I’ve seen the rings Haddix has and he’s gonna win another this year and probably next.

They’re better. Accept it.

- The twins weren’t the problem . They’ve been good all year. They just aren’t enough to beat the Rebels. I’d argue they were misused. But that’s a whole can of worms.
If disputing the delusion that the losing team was ‘better’ is arrogance then I am 100% guilty…
(11-18-2023, 01:43 PM)HighViz Wrote: Old school hound went to massage parlors, watering holes, and then Quoted a preacher. Now talking cease and desist orders.  Lawyers. 

Insanity defined is doing the same thing over and over and over again. Expecting a different result. I hate the Corbin kids lost. But they are set up to lose. The leaders are to blame. 

Varsity thugs
Cox
Tommy
Foley
Tremaine
Hart

Then the JV thugs
Mouser
Hart
Mills
Guy

The reason Haddix has 3 rings and still playing is because these type gentlemen above aren’t controlling him and his program, and the JV aren’t stabbing him in the back. Haddix sent the JV off but the varsity didn’t like it. Made him start mowing practice fields and turned him into the one man ground crew for his pay.  I watched it, heard it from his own mouth. 

Now he has complete control, and wins.  Congrats Haddix! You bettered yourself.  You deserved the success you are earning.  Same for the other side. It’s all about the grown ups back here in Corbin. Not the kids.

I would be crazy to disagree with most everything you said... and you all know I'm not crazy.  The only consolation for watching another bitterly close Corbin loss is knowing that the people you mention is getting just what they deserve!
(11-18-2023, 01:40 PM)BEChargers Wrote:

Come on dude.  A lot of comments are from non Boyle people and most of them are replying to the rants of one poster.  It was either teams game all night and I was worried until the last second clicked off.  Two great teams played last night and we saw some unbelievable individual performances on both sides of the ball.  The last two games these teams have played have came down to 1 score and the game being in doubt until the last minute or two.  That's the reality.  I listened to two drunk women wearing Corbin gear at the game last night spewing all kinds stuff and I'm not generalizing the entire 3 or 4 thousand Redhounds that were there because of it.  I thought it was an incredible atmosphere.  Two great teams making big plays.  You should be proud of the Corbin program as Boyle fans should be proud of ours.

If there was a standing ovation emoji I would post it In response. 
It amazes me how some have to degrade a great game because their team came up one play short.
Viz, is Darrell Tremaine the reason a Corbin player hurdled three times or why a QB/punter runs into a punt block? Darrell Tremaine didn't lose this game. Darrell Tremaine's home health nurse was changing his diaper as the game played out last night.
(11-18-2023, 01:40 PM)BEChargers Wrote:

Good Post BEChargers.  I'd like it if I had more likes.
(11-18-2023, 02:01 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Viz, is Darrell Tremaine the reason a Corbin player hurdled three times or why a QB/punter runs into a punt block?  Darrell Tremaine didn't lose this game. Darrell Tremaine's home health nurse was changing his diaper as the game played out last night.
Did you even watch the game? 

Wasn’t the same player who got the same 3 hurdling calls.  #2 got one on kick off return and #12 got 2 off screens/sweeps. 

Rewatch it 

And you the one claiming everyone else is bashing/hindering/hurting someone’s name.

OSdH 
OldSchoolDelusionalHound
[-] The following 1 user Likes AverageJoe's post:
  • Jack Lambert
Comments about individual players are getting out of hand.

Please post responsibly.
[-] The following 2 users Like Granny Bear's post:
  • AverageJoe, DangerMouse
(11-18-2023, 10:23 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 10:20 AM)REDPUPPY Wrote: Rumor is the corbin faithful was done out of the stadium and out of danville before the contest even ended  Woah

Buddy, I was on that field after the game and that entire side was jam packed with Corbin and the coaches sharing a special moment with the players. Corbin had alot of fans there last night and most stayed and was on the field after the game.
buddy, i have videos of gobs of fans leaving with almost 2 mins on the clock be glad to send
someone should tell Haddix to just kick the FG. Figured he learned his lesson by now.
Fact. Corbin had more time possession. But virtually the same total yardage. Offenses even. 

Fact Boyle special teams were huge difference in this game. Advantage Boyle

Fact. Corbin scored zero points in the second half. Any way you slice it Boyle was the better team and not just on the scoreboard
(11-18-2023, 02:19 PM)FallRock Wrote: someone should tell Haddix to just kick the FG. Figured he learned his lesson by now.

I wondered about that, too!!
(11-18-2023, 02:19 PM)FallRock Wrote: someone should tell Haddix to just kick the FG. Figured he learned his lesson by now.
Yeah, last night was not Justin's best game.  Dare I say that some might even make an argument that the young gunslinger was outcoached. Justin's gambles can win him games and lose him games. The FG ends the game. To be fair, though, I'm sure he was concerned about Corbin's Twin Towers and the wet conditions .
(11-18-2023, 02:01 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Viz, is Darrell Tremaine the reason a Corbin player hurdled three times or why a QB/punter runs into a punt block?  Darrell Tremaine didn't lose this game. Darrell Tremaine's home health nurse was changing his diaper as the game played out last night.
Tremaine is listed solely because he was a part of it in 2018/2019.  The heist.
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next