•  Previous
  • 7(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County 2010
Before the season starts I better say what I will likely deny later - Bell is an amazing football team that has an unfair share of talent and speed. Davenport is close to unstopable. The ONLY chance area teams have this year against them is to beat them on the line. If Bell has reasonable step ins for their losses; they likely will have another great run.

Davenports speed is amazing. I sat at a combine in GA where 200 top running backs in the state ran including sons of current NFL players. 2 ran 4.4. That puts him in pretty exclusive company. Beyond speed, he sees the field and has excellent agility. With him carrying the ball, they may well hang another banner.
Football1 Wrote:Before the season starts I better say what I will likely deny later - Bell is an amazing football team that has an unfair share of talent and speed. Davenport is close to unstopable. The ONLY chance area teams have this year against them is to beat them on the line. If Bell has reasonable step ins for their losses; they likely will have another great run.

Davenports speed is amazing. I sat at a combine in GA where 200 top running backs in the state ran including sons of current NFL players. 2 ran 4.4. That puts him in pretty exclusive company. Beyond speed, he sees the field and has excellent agility. With him carrying the ball, they may well hang another banner.

Just think Davenport will be running behind a 6'6 and 6'5 linemen this year. I honestly think Bell Co will win State. All 4 Playoff games will go through Log Mountain.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Just think Davenport will be running behind a 6'6 and 6'5 linemen this year. I honestly think Bell Co will win State. All 4 Playoff games will go through Log Mountain.

It is hard to imagine a better combination of size and speed in this area. All this may point the way to a trip up north when the weather is cold for these boys again.

I'm a Knox Dad so I will be pulling for us to do what nobody thinks is possible. Coach Mills has finally groomed a team who believes they are capable of winning every game. And so do I.

But if we don't beat Bell, I hope nobody else does either.
I myself knows this is the year that Knox Central beats Bell Co
they have a very good team this year so all i can say is look
out for the KNOX CENTRAL PANTHERS they have a very good shot
at going to state this year and these kids are ready .
# 1 Knox Central Fan Wrote:I myself knows this is the year that Knox Central beats Bell Co
they have a very good team this year so all i can say is look
out for the KNOX CENTRAL PANTHERS they have a very good shot
at going to state this year and these kids are ready .
man i hear this year in and year out Bell will beat know both times they play if the panthers are lucky enough to play bell in the playoffs...
Well, if we keep saying it enough - we will be right some day. Davenport will be no easy task for us. But we get better every year. Bell has had an impressive run. But it will end at some point. And that point may really be this year.
Football1 Wrote:Well, if we keep saying it enough - we will be right some day. Davenport will be no easy task for us. But we get better every year. Bell has had an impressive run. But it will end at some point. And that point may really be this year.

I think that it has been more than a run. The only time that I can remember that KC beat Bell was in 97 and Greer was the head coach then.
I have no idea when and if Knox has ever beat Bell. I have been in this area for several years and Knox has not beaten them. However, building a program takes time. When I first got here Knox was winless that year. 0 and 10. Coach Mills took over and has done work. Plus the KCJF league has been feeding him talent that routinely destroys Bell at the junior levels. We will beat Bell and we will beat them consistenly eventually.

Bell's coach is great. But he will retire someday and leave big shoes to fill. I would not want to be the person who takes that job only to hear every time you lose, "It just aint the same"...

But until that day comes, my hat is off to the best football program in East Ky.
Football1 Wrote:Plus the KCJF league has been feeding him talent that routinely destroys Bell at the junior levels. We will beat Bell and we will beat them consistenly eventually.

Middlesboro and Corbin consistently beat the pants off of Bell in the 90's and early 2000's in JR. League and Middle school. But guess what happened once they got in HS??????

Bell always won. Don't pin your hopes on Jr. League sucess. :dontthink

Also think about this. Last years senior class lost twice to KC as Freshman and we all know what happened last year!!!

Just sayin.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Just think Davenport will be running behind a 6'6 and 6'5 linemen this year. I honestly think Bell Co will win State. All 4 Playoff games will go through Log Mountain.

I know Carter is 6'6" but who is 6'5" I think Burnett 6'3"or 6'4" is there somebody I am missing?
Bell Co's new Blue Nike Home Jerseys look great. They got the White Nike last year for away games.
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)