•  Previous
  • 8(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monday Night Raw 4-23
^ What are Hogan's numbers now with Make a Wish? I know at the time he turned heel he was the most requested superstar for Make a Wish. I do like Cena's outside of the ring effort on that.
WideRight05 Wrote:^ Heh, I feel ya with the ADD...never been diagnosed but I know I have it. I didn't necessarily mean punk, but rather a big superstar in WWE. Wasn't Hogan the most requested person for Make a wish when he turned heel? I like John Cena, he seems like a great guy outside the ring, but it looks like the heel turn would be best for business. A lot of people really love him or hate him. I guess I'm in that 1-2% that likes him okay, but doesn't really have any strong feelings one way or the other.

Righty, I am 100% confused by "what's best for business"! He brings in more money than anyone in the history of the business! Heels don't sell! You get 2-3 PPV's out of them, and then you have to drop them. People will immediately stop buying. His Nielsen ratings are the highest on television today, over ALL of the other stars! Then you can turn them 12-18 month's later! So you would let your company take a 2 year hit financially? For what? This is the correct business decision! When his merchandise stops selling, or even the guys like you who hate him turn the channel, instead of tuning in to watch him. Please give me the business reason, but there is no one in that locker room that can make up for the tremendous financial hit that company will take!
WideRight05 Wrote:^ What are Hogan's numbers now with Make a Wish? I know at the time he turned heel he was the most requested superstar for Make a Wish. I do like Cena's outside of the ring effort on that.

In 2011, four individuals were granted up to 200 wishes, Cena, Hogan, Dale Earnhardt and Jeff Gordan. Cena did over 250 by October. The other 3 had not totaled a 100 together. Not a lot of kids know who Hogan is now.
Stardust Wrote:Righty, I am 100% confused by "what's best for business"! He brings in more money than anyone in the history of the business! Heels don't sell! You get 2-3 PPV's out of them, and then you have to drop them. People will immediately stop buying. His Nielsen ratings are the highest on television today, over ALL of the other stars! Then you can turn them 12-18 month's later! So you would let your company take a 2 year hit financially? For what? This is the correct business decision! When his merchandise stops selling, or even the guys like you who hate him turn the channel, instead of tuning in to watch him. Please give me the business reason, but there is no one in that locker room that can make up for the tremendous financial hit that company will take!

Read my previous post closer concerning the bolded.

The reason I mentioned CM Punk as the possible top face to take on a heel Cena was that he became overtook Cena at #1 in merchandise sales in October 2011. At least as of February of this year, Punk and Cena were neck and neck. I have not seen the numbers since, but I would guess they are still close. Zack Ryder, believe it or not, is also gaining quite a bit of ground on merchandise sales.

I am not just looking at Cena's sales on this, I am looking at the business as a whole. While WWE obviously isn't in financial jeopardy right now, they are at a very down time compared to where they used to be in the golden era, attitude era, and even the ruthless aggression era. I look at it from much more than a financial perspective. TV ratings, crowd reactions, etc. are just not what they used to be. Regardless of whether Cena stays face or turns heel, I would agree that he needs to have a big role in whatever it is the WWE decides. But when you look at the numbers across the board, there is no denying that something needs to be done right now (and I'm not talking about Cena in particular) because the business just isn't what is used to be.
Stardust Wrote:In 2011, four individuals were granted up to 200 wishes, Cena, Hogan, Dale Earnhardt and Jeff Gordan. Cena did over 250 by October. The other 3 had not totaled a 100 together. Not a lot of kids know who Hogan is now.

I'm honestly shocked Hogan had that many, since like you had mentioned not a lot of kids know who he is now. My point was not comparing the two in terms of visits, but rather noting that Hogan was the most requested wrestler for Make a Wish at the time he turned heel.
WideRight05 Wrote:I'm honestly shocked Hogan had that many, since like you had mentioned not a lot of kids know who he is now. My point was not comparing the two in terms of visits, but rather noting that Hogan was the most requested wrestler for Make a Wish at the time he turned heel.

???? Hogan this year? Where did you get Hogan's numbers when he turned Heel? He's a face now, and his total requests currently was in the teens!:please:
[quote=Stardust]???? Hogan this year? Where did you get Hogan's numbers when he turned Heel? He's a face now, and his total requests currently was in the teens!:

Obviously, I am talking about 1996 when he turned heel. I don't watch TNA so i couldn't tell you what he is now.
Actually mark henry won the game in raw.
You see why I think this guy should go...

I mean...what?
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)