•  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking News!!!
RamPride Wrote:No restrictions when you come in middle school. You also have to be a good student and not be in trouble and be in good standing. No blemishes on your record. Cherry pick? How about being a quality kid and wanting a better place to get an education. I don't know of any kid who was turned away for not being an athlete. I do know of one recent kid who does not play sports that transfered in from Russell, so what is his excuse? I also know that at one time 2 of the classes were not taking kids due to being at capacity. This is true, the school did not take kids in those grades just for that reason. Cherry pick, I still see a large amount of kids who do not play sports that live out of district and attend Raceland.

I know of kids that were not in good standing academically. In fact were going to have to repeat a grade at Russell. Raceland Accepted them as well as cleared to move up to the next grade.
I am on the outside here in the west of course. Can anyone tell me how Fairview cheating somehow became a slap to Raceland. I don't follow this line of thinking. Guys please remember there are kids involved in this discussion. We had an idea last year that something was wrong here, it's no shock. Now, lets let the proper authorities handle this. This is an obvious violation and the state will punish them fully.
I remember that, but what you may not know is that kid not only had the credits to move on but also doubled up on that class and took it over and passed. That kid was also going to transfer back to Russell after that grade. But he ended up staying. And Like I said this conversation was about attending high school not middle school. Different rules between them.
voice of reason Wrote:Agreed....however players have made it into the district simply because they were ballers while others were turned away with the excuse the district was at capacity. He may have known none of this, but I will never defend Raceland for not cherry picking who gets in. TJ may have not known any of this but he certainly benefitted.

You can thank greenup for not signing the recipricol agreement for being picky on who gets in and who doesn't. if your not a baller or your test scores aren't high i would say your chances of getting in are slim.
RamPride Wrote:Waiting

I'm not going to name kids, but we know full well if Raceland benefits from players who don't live within the boundaries of the district.

phone call to Raceland : "I have 2 kids (unrelated) who are wanting to enroll at Raceland." reply: we are at capacity (these are HS students) and cannot take anyone from out of district.

About 15 minutes later a return call from Raceland, I was told the person who answered the phone told another who the students were. "oh Gosh, we can always make room for 1 or 2 more"

Now, there is no way they got in if not for playing multiple sports.
I agree with you 55, but the fact is that some people will never let it go that kids left Russell and came to Raceland in middle school, heck they even canceled the series because of it!! Just ask anyone around.
Now how does this compare to what is going on up the road? I have no earthly idea.
The kids who grew up in Fairview will be the brunt of the spankings and the ones who moved in will leave. Just a thought, and it is sad that this will happen to good people and good kids who had nothing to do with it.
voice of reason Wrote:I'm not going to name kids, but we know full well if Raceland benefits from players who don't live within the boundaries of the district.

phone call to Raceland : "I have 2 kids (unrelated) who are wanting to enroll at Raceland." reply: we are at capacity (these are HS students) and cannot take anyone from out of district.

About 15 minutes later a return call from Raceland, I was told the person who answered the phone told another who the students were. "oh Gosh, we can always make room for 1 or 2 more"

Now, there is no way they got in if not for playing multiple sports.

When was this?
I would bet my life that there have been more kids transfer from raceland to Russell over the years than the other way around. There were countless kids i went to school with in elementary school who all ended up at Russell. Bottom Line is None of us are Fairview right now and we should be grateful.
I hope Fairview is punished and their staff as well for the wrongs, not the kids. I brought up Raceland because I can't stand ones who throw stones and act as though we are fair to students who may not be ballers entering the district. If you play,there is room or it will be made. I was told "No" and within 15 minutes told "yes" simply for sports. Actually grades were not discussed during the call.
Compare it to drugs (a bad comparison I know) but accurate. Raceland would be a recreational user while Fairview is a full blown addict. In my world both are wrong.
I would like to hear from my good friend clint Westwood about what is going on. He was always in the know. Come on clint! Give us some info. I promise i wont make fun of you.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:You can thank greenup for not signing the recipricol agreement for being picky on who gets in and who doesn't. if your not a baller or your test scores aren't high i would say your chances of getting in are slim.

I'm saying i agree with being picky about who we let in. If Greenup wants to play games then we Take the good ones and send the turds back to them.
You're not comparing? Sure sounds like it to me.. Somebody please tell voice of reason that whatever he is trying to prove by bashing Raceland is only making him look ignorant because what Fairview has done is on a whole different planet than anything that has ever went on at Raceland. Raceland is one of the most respected programs in the entire state of KY. We have a reputation of being hard working, competitive, and classy young men. Get out of here with your ridiculous justifications. Fairview screwed themselves, they did much much more than the reports will say and they deserve every single consequence that comes their way. LMAO with your ridiculous comparisons..
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:I'm saying i agree with being picky about who we let in. If Greenup wants to play games then we Take the good ones and send the turds back to them.

you get it! believe me the grades were secondary to what can be produced athletically. Now to be honest, these high school kids would never have made it even if they were 4.0 students.....the baller gets you in. Oh well, look at the colleges and some of the players going to the most esteemed institutions in our history who can barely read or write. The facts are ballers get more doors opened as far as admissions. Raceland is no exception.
PRIDE101 Wrote:If true, not so great news for Pikeville. Fairview will be #4 seed.

I don't think it would make any difference to the Panthers, either way.:popcorn:
Nobody is the exception. Highschools are as political as washington DC
Fairview High School under investigation by Kentucky High School Athletic Association
Posted: Oct 25, 2013 10:34 AM EDT Updated: Oct 25, 2013 1:21 PM EDT

By Tiffney Henson, Assignment Editor

Fairview High School under investigation by Kentucky High School Athletic Association

HUNTINGTON, WV -
A local high school is being investigated by a state athletic association.

The superintendent with Fairview Independent School District, Bill Music, confirmed Friday morning there is an investigation underway by the Kentucky High School Athletic Association.

Communications Director for the Kentucky High School Athletic Association, Joe Angolia, said Friday morning the association is aware of an investigation but would offer no further comments as to the specifics. Angolia did confirm the investigation is over the eligibility of one student athlete.

Angolia stated findings of the investigation might be presented at the next Fairview Independent Board of Education meeting.

According to the website the KHSAA "is a private non-profit organization and operates within Internal Revenue Service code 501 © 3 as an independent entity. The Association gets its authority to manage interscholastic athletics from the Kentucky Board of Education through 702 KAR 7:065, an enabling and restricting regulation which affects the makeup of the organization."

(The next school board meeting is Monday)
Voice of reason sounds like to me u and the lady from Texas need to team up and cry about to many points getting scored on her little boy.
Maybe because players from Russell and Greenup understand what a "sinking ship" is? Provide Russell with some steroids and ditch the figure-head and they could salvage the program. This post is for reddevildad btw.
NoPicks Wrote:You're not comparing? Sure sounds like it to me.. Somebody please tell voice of reason that whatever he is trying to prove by bashing Raceland is only making him look ignorant because what Fairview has done is on a whole different planet than anything that has ever went on at Raceland. Raceland is one of the most respected programs in the entire state of KY. We have a reputation of being hard working, competitive, and classy young men. Get out of here with your ridiculous justifications. Fairview screwed themselves, they did much much more than the reports will say and they deserve every single consequence that comes their way. LMAO with your ridiculous comparisons..

1. Not bashing Raceland stating facts
2.ignorant is pretending Raceland hasn't cherry picked students for admission.
3.See post where I said if it was drugs Raceland would be a recreational user while Fairview a full blown addict. Hardly comparing them as equal, yet both wrong? no?
4.Raceland is respected far more in Raceland and in your mind my friend, they do have a reputation for competing,winning and playing hard. Most people in the state have never heard of Raceland, let's be real.
5.justifications? thank -you did you mean accusations? color me ignorant..haha If I justified anything I proved my case.
6 again....comparisons where?
BackShoulderThrow Wrote:Maybe because players from Russell and Greenup understand what a "sinking ship" is? Provide Russell with some steroids and ditch the figure-head and they could salvage the program.

I know some GCHS students who said steroids were in the weight room, not now, but many moons ago. I will try and contact this young man and see what else I can find out........if you are interested
Can we get back to talking about the evil empire in west wild?
RamPride Wrote:I remember that, but what you may not know is that kid not only had the credits to move on but also doubled up on that class and took it over and passed. That kid was also going to transfer back to Russell after that grade. But he ended up staying. And Like I said this conversation was about attending high school not middle school. Different rules between them.

Then you remember it wasn't just one. Others did and did return a year later. Which is not supposed to happen. If a kid is not passed another school is not supposed to promote them either. Going from one school to another to advance a grade isn't exactly the way.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Can we get back to talking about the evil empire in west wild?

You started this whole conversation you butt nugget.
It is if your Mom says it is.
FBALL Wrote:You started this whole conversation you butt nugget.

Sorry. i was trying to change directions. :eyeroll:
RAMDAD50 Wrote:Voice of reason sounds like to me u and the lady from Texas need to team up and cry about to many points getting scored on her little boy.

I got bigger balls than you my friend, exactly how far you want to go is up to you. I don't care to take a dirt nap if necessary so you calling me soft or a p*ss may get one of us hurt. I expect an apology, as I have been polite, I don't believe in a God ,heaven or hell, I sure won't stand and be called soft. What I said was a fact and I clearly said Fairview was far worse than us, but athletes get preferred treatment regarding admissions.
You don't sound like the Voice of reason to me.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Can we get back to talking about the evil empire in west wild?

I agree, they have some serious problems. I think the whole administration from the school district down through the coaches should be ousted.
voice of reason Wrote:I agree, they have some serious problems. I think the whole administration from the school district down through the coaches should be ousted.

Are you calmed down now.
RamPride Wrote:Heard that some kids have left Fairview already.

Fact. According to my sources.
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next