•  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Co. Central 2010
Just to clarify, are you saying that they have 8th. graders participate in Spring practice with the high school team?
cougarpride08 Wrote:OK that is two, and I really can't think of a another one, but the point is we have some great kids coming in here from the 8th grade, and they are naturally good. It wouldn't surprise me if we have two more eighth graders come in here with those kids, and see some playing time. Just depends on what they do during spring practice which I think is today.

I don't think 8th graders are allowed to participate with the high school team during spring practice. I am almost positive they can not.

So now we have 3 new 8th graders coming in here that are outside of Letcher County. Where are all these parents going to work at?

You might want to clarify your statements.

I still see only 1 soon to be freshman getting some minor playing time and that would be the Smith kid. I won't even get into the discussion of who might be here until they enroll in the Letcher County school system.
kentuckynole Wrote:I don't think 8th graders are allowed to participate with the high school team during spring practice. I am almost positive they can not.

So now we have 3 new 8th graders coming in here that are outside of Letcher County. Where are all these parents going to work at?

I still see only 1 soon to be freshman getting some minor playing time and that would be the Smith kid. I won't even get into the discussion of who might be here until they enroll in the Letcher County school system.

I agree, I believe the Smith kid is the only one who could even get in some minor time. Not saying kids are not great athletes but this will be a junior/senior dominated team, mostly juniors. I just cant see these kids being pushed out. 8th graders cannot participate in spring practice, period.:yikes:
fbcoachnoitall Wrote:Just to clarify, are you saying that they have 8th. graders participate in Spring practice with the high school team?
No that is not what I am saying. I am saying when regular practice starts we will have some great 8th graders.

kentuckynole Wrote:I don't think 8th graders are allowed to participate with the high school team during spring practice. I am almost positive they can not.

Look at the reply above!

58fan Wrote:I agree, I believe the Smith kid is the only one who could even get in some minor time. Not saying kids are not great athletes but this will be a junior/senior dominated team, mostly juniors. I just cant see these kids being pushed out. 8th graders cannot participate in spring practice, period.:yikes:

We have had some eighth graders to start before. Look at Meatloaf!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
yes your right about and meatloaf but meatloaf is still there.there no way any freshmen will start but they might get a little playing time.
What I am saying is Meatloaf started as a freshman. It can happen. He is that good, and I think the two that I mention is that good. If I am not mistaken Ryan Hall started as a freshman also.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

I see us being an average team again this year. We should be able to score alot but i do not feel we are going to stop anybody from scoring.
Hilbily Wrote:I see us being an average team again this year. We should be able to score alot but i do not feel we are going to stop anybody from scoring.

Ole Hilbily, I hope you are right in that we can score a lot, I sure hope you are wrong about stopping people, and I sure hope we are much better than average. New defensive coordinator may make some changes, sure hope so....
Spring Practice was cool to watch. I wish it was July already. I think the defense will be better.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Has the new DC been announced yet? Hard to make up all this time lost if not! Just getting some chalk time is crucial,especially when a new system is being learned.
Beal is his name. Don't know his first name. From Knott Co.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

cougarpride08 Wrote:Beal is his name. Don't know his first name. From Knott Co.

I think his name is Joe Beder, Knott County head coach last year but I could be wrong.
Paul Crewe Wrote:Being from Estill, Jenkins and now Bell I can really get around. Before my son makes to SL High I hope we have another coach. So try not to tell me what kind of fan I am. As far as your coach beating anyone , he only beats himself. Just ask Corbin fans.

Well, since someone said to ask Corbin fans, I will give my perspective on Whitaker.

I'm not sure I believe the whole fiasco of an asst coach giving Cawood the play book since Cawood was not in the district or even the same class. He was a good coach while at Corbin and was there when the district was very competitive with Rockcastle Co and Somerset in it. The opposite district that Corbin's district faced off against in the playoffs included Danville, Boyle Co, and Lexington Catholic, so the playoffs were like a landmine.

A lot of Corbin fans blamed Whitaker for losing to a pretty good Madison Southern team in the playoffs ending Corbin's undefeated season that year. I'm sure it's easy to second guess after the fact, and he probably second guessed himself after that loss, but sometimes things happen and the better team loses.

Give him a chance and see how things work out.
I know a lot of Corbin people and losing to Madison Southern isnt why he got fired or forced to resign.
From what I was told, expectations were too high at corbin and he felt there was no way to deal with it, plus he had no Corbin ties. Corbin is big on football family and tradition. They want one of their own to lead them. they never said Whitaker wasnt good coach. Losing to one team wont get you fired unless it is Michigan/ohio St.
I will give him a chance. Doesn't matter to what has happen in the past.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

former Wrote:From what I was told, expectations were too high at corbin and he felt there was no way to deal with it, plus he had no Corbin ties. Corbin is big on football family and tradition. They want one of their own to lead them. they never said Whitaker wasnt good coach. Losing to one team wont get you fired unless it is Michigan/ohio St.

well said former, and he also played a different type game. Corbin had always been a smash mouth football team, and many of the redhound nation wanted it to stay that way. What was so funny during the Cashem years many in Corbin thought he was a d-1 quarterback, and even advertised him as the 6th best qb prospect in the nation for that class on some of the web sites. Cashem was a good high school qb for this area, but I knew he didn't have the tools for d-1. My point is that when it comes to the passing game the Redhounds are not as knowledgable, but still have a winning program.
Saw them today at spring practice. I know it is early, but they had really good numbers out for it to be spring practice. Already getting the feel of high school football, and it is just March.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

CatScratchFever Wrote:Paul Crewe, we Cougar fans are very happy with our coach. We Cougars can take care of ourselfs! You ain't no Cougar Fan, you never was and you never will be. Instead of poking your long jealous nose in our team, why don't you just keep it in Bell County. My guess Dudley has run you out of his locker room-Coach! From reading all of your posts, you apparently have a personal vendetta against Whitaker. Just curious did he kick your arse on or off the field?...

paul crewe is from south laural so leave bell out of your squabble 'we could care less if whitaker is coach or not . :devilflam
If in fact Beder is the new DC i feel we are in trouble! Looking at his past teams defensive efforts was frightening. Some very offensively challenged teams managed to tack the board on them. Maybe it was a lack of talent on the gridiron being Knott is a basketball school? Still its all speculation at this point. Whom ever ends up at the DC position hopefully performs well and is a compliment to the talent we have. If after one season our defense has not improved we should put the DC job back on the market. My point is we have too much talent to waste any time. If we can establish an effetive defense we have a shot to upset any big opponents!
I am willing to give him a chance.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Ofcourse the gentelman deserves a shot! I was refering to the points that Knott allowed because it was significant. I am pushing the issue of procrastination in the hiring firing area. IMO precious time has been lost filling or announcing th DC positon? If the position has been filled but proves unsucessful we cannot afford to wait until we move again. Our team is in dire need of a solid defensive foundation. Most passive fans like to look at the jumbotron and see a TD or hail mary! Pro-aggressive fans like us however want to see an opponent buckle under trauma!!! If i see a TD i want it to be one of our corners going in with a pick. I wan't to see there offense shattered and afraid!!!!!!
If I am not mistaken wasn't Whitaker's defensive coordinator at Powell County on the Letcher County staff last season?
If I am not mistaken I think he was.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

NO
Who was it then?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Delano Thomas was the DC. You may be thinking about Coach Perkins who was the linebacker coach last year. He was not the DC at Powell as far as I know. Had the same position there as at LCC. Assistant but not DC
Is the football staff complete or is anyone else coming in?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Cougar 08,

Coach Perkins and Coach Puckett were on Coach Whitaker's staff at Powell Co. But neither of them were the D-Coordinator. Both are really good coaches and the kids love them from what I can tell. Usually one of my previous 8th graders would tell me in confidence that they do not like a particular coach but they have "ALL" told me that they love and respect Whitaker, Perkins and Puckett, that means a lot to me as their 8th grade coach. I am more than happy with the coaching staff and I think it will only get better because of the new addition of their offensive line coach Chad Bates. He is one of my assistants and I guarantee that nobody will outwork him and he has a unique way of developing relationships with the players that I have never seen. He get's all of their potential every day and I really expect the offensive line to be the best that we have seen yet because of Coach Bates. I'll miss him on my staff but that's my job to develop young coaches to move on up to the big show and Coach Bates sure didn't need much developing.
Who is replacing him on your staff?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

•  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next