Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mitt Romney 2016
Granny Bear Wrote:I haven't decided who I'm going to vote for other than I definitely will not vote for Hillary Clinton. That being said, even though I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, I CAN read, evaluate and choose my candidate without the help of the likes of Mitt Romney.

I am furious over this attempt at manipulation. Who do these people think they are?

Oh, almost forgot this one, thank you Rand Paul for making me drive to HYDEN in order to vote.
Shove it!
Confusednicker: Get to driving woman
Believe me, I WILL drive across two mountains to vote!!
Granny Bear Wrote:Believe me, I WILL drive across two mountains to vote!!
I have no doubts Granny
When you start throwing out words like "phony" and "fraud," I take it Establishment Republicanism is showing how flat nasty the power elite will get if they feel their grip on power threatened.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:When you start throwing out words like "phony" and "fraud," I take it Establishment Republicanism is showing how flat nasty the power elite will get if they feel their grip on power threatened.
You're are correct, and that is all this is about. They're scared to death they won't have that power if Trump is elected, But IMO i think it's going to hurt/kill the Republican party in the long run. If you go by the exit polls that people are that angry, then all the establishment is doing is throwing gas on that fire. No one wants to be told how they should vote, their game is up and they can't stand the thoughts of it.
Granny Bear Wrote:I haven't decided who I'm going to vote for other than I definitely will not vote for Hillary Clinton. That being said, even though I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, I CAN read, evaluate and choose my candidate without the help of the likes of Mitt Romney.

I am furious over this attempt at manipulation. Who do these people think they are?

Oh, almost forgot this one, thank you Rand Paul for making me drive to HYDEN in order to vote.
Shove it!

Granny Bear you will be out number by the Establishment in Hyden. I think it's a shame that republican surpess the votes of Harlan Countians. Tonight I wear a republican shirt at the regional for Alex Patrick ( A Republican ) :truestory:
But you didn't have it on!!

Wink
Im just curious, has anybody seen any KY polls for the Repub caucus?
I haven't seen a single poll done.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Im just curious, has anybody seen any KY polls for the Repub caucus?
I haven't seen a single poll done.
Seen one last night. Trump 35% Rubio 22% Cruz 15% and then Kasich and Carson which has all but dropped out
I don't know about you guys and gals but I'm not even sure why we have these debates this late in the primaries. It's a joke. And for the love of everything holy who doesn't have their choice by now? Seriously who are these undecided people and where have they been the last 8 months? Confusednicker: the debates are just for the MSM to push who they want too win over and over. Not one new thing was talked about last night. Getting ridiculous at this point.
Demarcus ware Wrote:I don't know about you guys and gals but I'm not even sure why we have these debates this late in the primaries. It's a joke. And for the love of everything holy who doesn't have their choice by now? Seriously who are these undecided people and where have they been the last 8 months? Confusednicker: the debates are just for the MSM to push who they want too win over and over. Not one new thing was talked about last night. Getting ridiculous at this point.

Very good point. Like the playgrounds or their origins, all the charges being put out there against the front running Trump can't be factually backed up. Rubio can no more prove Trump is actually a con man, than Cruz can prove that Trump meant to fund the amnesty efforts of the gang of eight. They can sure say it with impunity anyway though, and so we see that men devoid of certain standards of honor themselves, can actually get away with all manner of innuendo and outright slander against the front running candidate.

They can say what they want, I thought Cruz and Rubio looked petty and undignified during the debate. While Megyn and crew repeatedly teed Trump up for the other three. Just a media orchestrated slug fest meant to advance the interests of Rubio. As I have been saying, Cruz either doesn't care or is too slow to understand that he's not helping himself.

Mitt Romney is even worse. The media and the Dems accused him of being the daddy of ObamaCare, and making his money by hostile takeovers of defenseless business owners trying to make it in this world. Not to mention that he was supposed to be a rich boy ivy leaguer, who was so privileged he couldn't possibly qualify to govern the middle class, much less the indigent. But, he's out there doing his best for the liberal cause anyway.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I haven't watched the last two.
If your mind isn't made up by now, you might as well close your eyes and make a mark.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I haven't watched the last two.
If your mind isn't made up by now, you might as well close your eyes and make a mark.
As the number of debate participants decreases, Trump supporters are probably smart not to watch the debates. Trump is getting pummeled. His flip-flop on H1B visas, which he first announced during the last debate was the most pitiful 180 degree change that I have ever seen.

H1B visas allow foreign workers to take good paying American jobs and keep wages down. I have worked with many H1B visa holders and many of them are now green card holders and will eventually become American citizens.

The H1B visa program is supposed to be used by businesses to fill jobs when no qualified Americans are available for the positions, but the program is being abused. As a result, thousands of American college graduates are unable to find jobs in their areas of expertise.

By missing the last two debates, you also probably missed the news that Trump used illegal immigrants from Poland to build Trump Tower and was fined $1 million for ignoring our immigration laws.

Trump is already softening his position on illegal immigration in anticipation of the general election and he has said that everything is negotiable.

Of course, for those who are not paying attention, Trump is still saying he will build a big, beautiful wall and make Mexico pay for it. The line is always good for applause.

Making Trump president would be like making the most hardened criminal in a prison the new warden because he knows first hand how corrupt the correctional system is.

The more time Trump spends talking, the bigger buffoon he appears to be. If and when the field narrows to two, Trump will refuse to participate in any debates. Unfortunately for him, he will not be able to avoid one-on-one debates in the general election.
TheRealThing Wrote:Very good point. Like the playgrounds or their origins, all the charges being put out there against the front running Trump can't be factually backed up. Rubio can no more prove Trump is actually a con man, than Cruz can prove that Trump meant to fund the amnesty efforts of the gang of eight. They can sure say it with impunity anyway though, and so we see that men devoid of certain standards of honor themselves, can actually get away with all manner of innuendo and outright slander against the front running candidate.

They can say what they want, I thought Cruz and Rubio looked petty and undignified during the debate. While Megyn and crew repeatedly teed Trump up for the other three. Just a media orchestrated slug fest meant to advance the interests of Rubio. As I have been saying, Cruz either doesn't care or is too slow to understand that he's not helping himself.

Mitt Romney is even worse. The media and the Dems accused him of being the daddy of ObamaCare, and making his money by hostile takeovers of defenseless business owners trying to make it in this world. Not to mention that he was supposed to be a rich boy ivy leaguer, who was so privileged he couldn't possibly qualify to govern the middle class, much less the indigent. But, he's out there doing his best for the liberal cause anyway.
A person opposed to illegal immigration and amnesty for illegals would not make huge donations to the biggest proponents of amnesty in the government. Those donations were made in support of the policies held by the candidates who took the money. Why would somebody make large donations to politicians with whom they disagreed? That does not make any sense.

Fox News has helped make Trump a viable candidate by providing him with millions of dollars worth of free publicity. In my opinion, the media has given Trump the kid glove treatment because he is good for ratings and polls show that he would be the easiest candidate for Hillary to defeat. That kid glove treatment will end abruptly if and when he wins the GOP nomination.
Well if it isn't I'm taking my ball and going home now. How many lies has Cruz told today? It's still early so I'm sure he hasn't reached 10 yet.
Demarcus ware Wrote:Well if it isn't I'm taking my ball and going home now. How many lies has Cruz told today? It's still early so I'm sure he hasn't reached 10 yet.
Cruz and Kasich are the only honest candidates left in the race. Trump will probably win the nomination, which will be a disgraceful failure by the GOP, but I will enjoy watching how he handles an adversarial media working to get Hillary elected. I would not be shocked to see him take his ball and go home as well. If you have not noticed, Trump has a very thin skin and does not take criticism well. If his goal was to destroy the Republican Party, then he is succeeding. The worst is yet to come. #NeverTrump
First let me say :hilarious: to the Cruz being honest part. Kasich I will agree. Funny thing about all this is 6 or 8 months ago I said on here that none of these candidates are presidential material, and man I caught heck for it. Turns out I was actually right. But in saying that, the so called GOP has shown their true colors. So now I'm all in Trump to bust things up. Cruz has joined team establishment against Trump, if not they sure are loving him for doing their dirty work. If he was the man that he had everyone thinking he was he would have risen above all that at the debates. Rubio has no business even being on stage but he's going to stay for the establishment even though he still couldn't win VA. Now here comes the two time loser Romney and their big plans of a brokered convention. If that's the way the GOP wants to play then there will be a lot of Repubs losing their jobs in the near future.
Demarcus ware Wrote:First let me say :hilarious: to the Cruz being honest part. Kasich I will agree. Funny thing about all this is 6 or 8 months ago I said on here that none of these candidates are presidential material, and man I caught heck for it. Turns out I was actually right. But in saying that, the so called GOP has shown their true colors. So now I'm all in Trump to bust things up. Cruz has joined team establishment against Trump, if not they sure are loving him for doing their dirty work. If he was the man that he had everyone thinking he was he would have risen above all that at the debates. Rubio has no business even being on stage but he's going to stay for the establishment even though he still couldn't win VA. Now here comes the two time loser Romney and their big plans of a brokered convention. If that's the way the GOP wants to play then there will be a lot of Repubs losing their jobs in the near future.
Your problem seems to be that you are confusing Trump's speeches for news conferences. There has never been a more dishonest candidate than Trump in my lifetime.

If you think Cruz is part of the establishment, then you know nothing about Republican politics. Cruz has not just promised to shake things up in Washington, he has done it ever since he took his seat in the Senate. McConnell lied to Cruz and Cruz responded by calling him a liar on the floor of the U.S. Senate. Trump criticized Cruz for calling out McConnell in public. A member of the Republican establishment does not call the Republican Senate Majority Leader a liar in public.

Trump has boasted many times of buying political favors through donations to elected officials. Trump is a Washington insider, despite having never been elected to any office. He is the equivalent of a John paying for favors from political whores. Now, he wants to switch roles.
No I honestly don't think Cruz is part of the establishment, what I meant is he is trying his best to do their work for them. Either he is too slow to realize that, or he is helping. One or the other. The funny thing is that people think Cruz is so honest. The other night the media counted 9 lies he told in one speech, the media not me. If he's such an honest man then he should be running away with the evangelical votes but guess what? He's not even close, even they know he is dishonest.
Demarcus ware Wrote:No I honestly don't think Cruz is part of the establishment, what I meant is he is trying his best to do their work for them. Either he is too slow to realize that, or he is helping. One or the other. The funny thing is that people think Cruz is so honest. The other night the media counted 9 lies he told in one speech, the media not me. If he's such an honest man then he should be running away with the evangelical votes but guess what? He's not even close, even they know he is dishonest.
Trump is running for president and he has the second most delegates in the race. Rubio is a distant third and has almost no chance to win his home state. Why do Floridians hate Rubio? Because he went to Washington and worked for amnesty bill for illegals as part of the Gang of Eight.

Cruz easily won his home state of Texas. Why? Because he promised to fight against amnesty for illegals and he kept his word. Remember when both Rubio and Trump were calling Cruz a liar about his position on amnesty in every other sentence? They were both lying every that they made that claim. Floridians know that they lied, and Rubio will pay a steep price next week for his dishonesty and betrayal of his constituents.

Trump does not pay for his lies because his followers don't seemed too concerned about his dishonesty. He is the only candidate who has three separate suits against him over the alleged Trump University fraud.

As for doing the establishment's dirty work, what I see is a man trying to get elected. Trump is the front runner, so who do you think Cruz should be directing his attacks. Rubio? Kasich? They have no shot at getting elected unless the establishment robs a more deserving candidate. Cruz is not going to help Trump get elected and I hope that he refuses a spot on the ticket if Trump wins the nomination.

Cruz's position on border security has remained the same throughout the campaign. Trump has steadily watered down his position, but his supporters seemed to have missed his flip-flopping.

The big advantage that Trump has in this campaign is with the open primaries. Democrats are turning out to vote for Trump. Many of those Democrats will vote against him in the general election and many conservatives, including me, will never vote for Trump.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Cruz and Kasich are the only honest candidates left in the race. Trump will probably win the nomination, which will be a disgraceful failure by the GOP, but I will enjoy watching how he handles an adversarial media working to get Hillary elected. I would not be shocked to see him take his ball and go home as well. If you have not noticed, Trump has a very thin skin and does not take criticism well. If his goal was to destroy the Republican Party, then he is succeeding. The worst is yet to come. #NeverTrump

The debates and the campaign descended into mud slinging when Rubio went on his little tirade. Now he's up at CPAC slamming Trump and charging that he cannot expect to insult his way into the White House. Rubio, now remember he is 5-8", is the guy who literally started the Johnson measuring. And yet Trump is the guy who gets called out for vulgarity. The entire resurgence of the Rubio campaign has in fact been built entirely on name calling, but while he's getting a total pass for it, Trump is being mercilessly harangued for his rebuttals.

Now I'll grant you that Trump has thin skin, and frankly in my mind, Rubio would not be all that hard to handle for a guy who wasn't. But that is an example of the double standard being applied here. The sins of some are glossed over, while the sins of the other are magnified and built upon.

Part of the problem is nobody's fault, with 17 candidates at the start, this primary has been a free-for-all at best. I'm just not going to argue with you about FOX News, your analysis is exactly correct for the time up to and until his and Megyn Kelly's spat. After that we saw about a month's worth of détente between Trump and FOX. Since then, FOX has disparaged him on every show I've seen except for Lou Dobbs, Hannity, and Stewart Varney. The hosts by in large, do not challenge the points of the naysayers, who are by virtue of their obvious bias, invited on air and paid to give Trump their best shot. I mean, how does one insult someone into oblivion without having to suffer the stigma attached for having done so? Easy, pay somebody else to do it.

The establishment and the media have gone about things all wrong. They can't monkey with the political process and expect to get by with it. Especially this time, when millions of new or the otherwise recently resuscitated, have become so actively engaged in that process. If Cruz can fight his way upstream to gain the nomination apart from the stink of manipulation that would be fine. But the way they're doing things, the people are going to feel disenfranchised and in my book, rightly so.

They've trotted out just about anybody with any sort of name or celebrity who could be cajoled or bought, to bash Trump. And it is more than obvious to everybody who is paying attention, millions in this case. What's hilarious to me is they voted for Obama twice for promising to do, what they claim to be worried that Trump might do. And Mister Romney? His rep has been reduced to that of a wad of chewing gum on the bottom of Reince Priebus' tennis shoe.

I've sort of felt a momentum shift with regard to an inevitable Trump nomination. We'll just need to see about that. I would like to respond to the deal about Trump hiring Polish workers to build Trump Tower. We basically in this country have two options when it comes to a building project, hire a contractor who employs union workers or one who uses nonunion.

The general contractor therefore must comply with specifications that the architect has demanded and worry that his price will be competitive. All of the subcontractors who have submitted their price for the architectural subgroups, like metal studs, suspended ceilings and sheetrock for example, in turn use either union or nonunion workmen. Hint, we have 12 million undocumented immigrants who are looking for work. The client, in this case Mr Trump, does not get the luxury of demanding union workmen and the lowest price. Usually one gets one or the other, that's just the way construction goes. So, when Ted Cruz or Marco Rubio gets up and say that Trump hired these Polish guys to build Trump Tower, it is a classic example of misrepresentation.

Recently I spoke with some workmen at a football stadium construction project. Guess where they were from? Czechoslovakia. Going by that then, the school system who owned the stadium was guilty of hiring Czechs and more specifically, I suppose would be whoever the Superintendent of Schools was at the time. I know better however. The contractor hired the workers because construction costs were the overriding factor.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:The debates and the campaign descended into mud slinging when Rubio went on his little tirade. Now he's up at CPAC slamming Trump and charging that he cannot expect to insult his way into the White House. Rubio, now remember he is 5-8", is the guy who literally started the Johnson measuring. And yet Trump is the guy who gets called out for vulgarity. The entire resurgence of the Rubio campaign has in fact been built entirely on name calling, but while he's getting a total pass for it, Trump is being mercilessly harangued for his rebuttals.

Now I'll grant you that Trump has thin skin, and frankly in my mind, Rubio would not be all that hard to handle for a guy who wasn't. But that is an example of the double standard being applied here. The sins of some are glossed over, while the sins of the other are magnified and built upon.

Part of the problem is nobody's fault, with 17 candidates at the start, this primary has been a free-for-all at best. I'm just not going to argue with you about FOX News, your analysis is exactly correct for the time up to and until his and Megyn Kelly's spat. After that we saw about a month's worth of détente between Trump and FOX. Since then, FOX has disparaged him on every show I've seen except for Lou Dobbs, Hannity, and Stewart Varney. The hosts by in large, do not challenge the points of the naysayers, who are by virtue of their obvious bias, invited on air and paid to give Trump their best shot. I mean, how does one insult someone into oblivion without having to suffer the stigma attached for having done so? Easy, pay somebody else to do it.

The establishment and the media have gone about things all wrong. They can't monkey with the political process and expect to get by with it. Especially this time, when millions of new or the otherwise recently resuscitated, have become so actively engaged in that process. If Cruz can fight his way upstream to gain the nomination apart from the stink of manipulation that would be fine. But the way they're doing things, the people are going to feel disenfranchised and in my book, rightly so.

They've trotted out just about anybody with any sort of name or celebrity who could be cajoled or bought, to bash Trump. And it is more than obvious to everybody who is paying attention, millions in this case. What's hilarious to me is they voted for Obama twice for promising to do, what they claim to be worried that Trump might do. And Mister Romney? His rep has been reduced to that of a wad of chewing gum on the bottom of Reince Priebus' tennis shoe.

I've sort of felt a momentum shift with regard to an inevitable Trump nomination. We'll just need to see about that. I would like to respond to the deal about Trump hiring Polish workers to build Trump Tower. We basically in this country have two options when it comes to a building project, hire a contractor who employs union workers or one who uses nonunion.

The general contractor therefore must comply with specifications that the architect has demanded and worry that his price will be competitive. All of the subcontractors who have submitted their price for the architectural subgroups, like metal studs, suspended ceilings and sheetrock for example, in turn use either union or nonunion workmen. Hint, we have 12 million undocumented immigrants who are looking for work. The client, in this case Mr Trump, does not get the luxury of demanding union workmen and the lowest price. Usually one gets one or the other, that's just the way construction goes. So, when Ted Cruz or Marco Rubio gets up and say that Trump hired these Polish guys to build Trump Tower, it is a classic example of misrepresentation.

Recently I spoke with some workmen at a football stadium construction project. Guess where they were from? Czechoslovakia. Going by that then, the school system who owned the stadium was guilty of hiring Czechs and more specifically, I suppose would be whoever the Superintendent of Schools was at the time. I know better however. The contractor hired the workers because construction costs were the overriding factor.
My understanding is that Trump's company was fined and paid the $1 million fine. Trump has made illegal immigration the focus of his campaign. I don't see how pointing out that he is the only candidate fined for using illegal immigrants is misrepresenting anything. Do you think Trump was unaware that illegal immigrants were working on his projects?

Cruz has made and kept his campaign promises. He has promised to build a wall with Mexico (and suggested the wall in 2011) and pledged that there will not be amnesty for illegals on his watch. Trump's position has drifted and will continue to drift if he is the nominee in an effort to attract Democrat support.

Did you see the story about Trump cheating during some debates, including the last one, by consulting with his campaign managers during the commercial breaks? I am not surprised that Fox News, the host of the last debate, did not report the incident. I have almost stopped watching Fox because of the number of their on air personalities campaigning for Trump instead of doing their jobs. Yet, Trump complains about Fox's coverage.

I did not think that it was Romney's place to hold a press conference to attack Trump. Those are the kind of attacks that he should have made against Obama.

However, I agree with Romney's assessment that Trump is a fraud. I am convinced that his insult routine is a ploy to minimize the time for his opponents to expose his ignorance of real issues. I do not expect to ever see Trump debate another Republican one-on-one. He just does not have the knowledge to engage in an honest debate of issues.

The number of conservatives who say that they will never vote for Trump is large and it is growing. Neither Trump nor Hillary are presidential and I will not be responsible for actively contributing to the accelerating decline of this country.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:My understanding is that Trump's company was fined and paid the $1 million fine. Trump has made illegal immigration the focus of his campaign. I don't see how pointing out that he is the only candidate fined for using illegal immigrants is misrepresenting anything. Do you think Trump was unaware that illegal immigrants were working on his projects?

Cruz has made and kept his campaign promises. He has promised to build a wall with Mexico (and suggested the wall in 2011) and pledged that there will not be amnesty for illegals on his watch. Trump's position has drifted and will continue to drift if he is the nominee in an effort to attract Democrat support.

Did you see the story about Trump cheating during some debates, including the last one, by consulting with his campaign managers during the commercial breaks? I am not surprised that Fox News, the host of the last debate, did not report the incident. I have almost stopped watching Fox because of the number of their on air personalities campaigning for Trump instead of doing their jobs. Yet, Trump complains about Fox's coverage.

I did not think that it was Romney's place to hold a press conference to attack Trump. Those are the kind of attacks that he should have made against Obama.

However, I agree with Romney's assessment that Trump is a fraud. I am convinced that his insult routine is a ploy to minimize the time for his opponents to expose his ignorance of real issues. I do not expect to ever see Trump debate another Republican one-on-one. He just does not have the knowledge to engage in an honest debate of issues.

The number of conservatives who say that they will never vote for Trump is large and it is growing. Neither Trump nor Hillary are presidential and I will not be responsible for actively contributing to the accelerating decline of this country.

I think that business is business as they say. So, how many Polish workers were on the project and were they employed by a subcontractor or the general? Trump says he builds these things and if I was writing the checks I would do the same. However, in real terms it is not the same. His architect designs them, some general somewhere bids on and then builds them. I do not accept the idea that Trump would be short sighted enough to shoulder the financial responsibility for construction of his own projects. In such a scenario, any losses owing to schedule or misstep would be his own to bear. Nobody does that.

His paying the fine may mean he knew about the illegal workers, depending on the size of the illegal work force, nobody can make that particular leap in my view.

But no, I can't find a thing on Trump cheating during a debate.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:I think that business is business as they say. So, how many Polish workers were on the project and were they employed by a subcontractor or the general? Trump says he builds these things and if I was writing the checks I would do the same. However, in real terms it is not the same. His architect designs them, some general somewhere bids on and then builds them. I do not accept the idea that Trump would be short sighted enough to shoulder the financial responsibility for construction of his own projects. In such a scenario, any losses owing to schedule or misstep would be his own to bear. Nobody does that.

His paying the fine may mean he knew about the illegal workers, depending on the size of the illegal work force, nobody can make that particular leap in my view.

But no, I can't find a thing on Trump cheating during a debate.
I posted the Trump cheating story in the case against Trump thread. According to the article, it was not the first time that Trump cheated. If Fox News was doing the job of a legitimate news network, as host of multiple debates, the Trump cheating story would have been big news. It wasn't. So much for Fox being unfair in its coverage of Trump. Never has so much positive coverage been given to a presidential candidate.

As for the Polish workers, Trump paid a huge fine for using illegal workers. There is nothing wrong about his opponents making that an issue. It is up to Trump to defend himself, but he chose to hurl insults instead. That seems to be the only way that he knows to deal with criticism, besides filing lawsuits.
If Trump wins the nomination, I will gladly support him. If Cruz wins the nomination, I will gladly support him.

If Rubio wins, that means it took a brokered convention in which case, I will leave the Republican party.
And Kasich. Well Kasich has the same shot as I do to be POTUS.
I would like to emphasize that Ted Cruz has been very critical of the prospect that the GOP establishment might thwart the will of the people if none of the candidates win the majority of the delegates. That does not fit with the candidate portrayed as dishonest and lacking character by Trump and Rubio. Rubio, Trump, and Kasich would gladly accept the nomination, whether they earned it or not, IMO. I think Cruz is hoping to win a plurality of delegates and then take his chances with a brokered convention. That won't happen if both Rubio and Kasich lose their home states and stay in the race.

With Cruz opening 10 offices in Florida today, Rubio will be lucky to finish in second place next week. He should bow out now if he really wants to stop Trump.

As I type this, Cruz is delivering a crushing defeat to Trump and Rubio in Kansas. Cruz also has a substantial lead in Maine but only 18.7% of the precincts have reported results. The GOPe held open primaries throughout the south, which was designed to help Bush fight off conservative challenges by winning Democrat votes. Trump has been the beneficiary of that insane move. Republicans should pick the Republican nominee.
I think if a candidate has the most delegates, and the most popular votes, nobody should stop him from being the candidate. That is what the party's members have decided.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I think if a candidate has the most delegates, and the most popular votes, nobody should stop him from being the candidate. That is what the party's members have decided.
I agree and it is my understanding that it is also Cruz's position. However, because of some states having caucuses instead of primaries, I don't think that the votes are an accurate indicator of support.

Some state caucuses can require participants spend 3 hours or more on the process, which discourages participation of more casual voters. Delegates are the only fair way to pick the nominee.

I really don't like using open primaries to pick nominees because they are a deliberate ploy to make it more difficult for conservatives to win states. But we are stuck with that system as long as the country club Republicans remain in control of the party.

I also don't like widespread early voting, except for absentee ballots. If early voting is allowed at all, the period should be kept short.
Breaking News out of London,Kentucky from Diary Queen Mitt Romney is running. :lmao:
^^ When you stop to consider how really bad the candidates for Dems are this time around, it's mind boggling to think that they would still feel good about the prospects of this election cycle. I didn't, don't, and won't ever like Obama, but I freely admit that at least he was a good candidate. I did not say a qualified candidate, or a worthy candidate.

At any rate, there are no FBI investigations concerning any of the four remaining candidates on the Republican side. No Benghazi scandals, no email scandals, no nefarious Clinton Foundation involvements, no Whitewater. Troopergate. Paula Jones. Monica Lewinsky. Vince Foster. Juanita Broaddrick.
READ ALL ABOUT IT http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/arch...zi/396182/

There are no senile and doddering socialists who would add another 50 Trillion dollars to the debt in a four year span to give even more stuff away.

No, sometimes the system is ugly and sometimes even a little lost, but I will take any of the Republicans over the Billary and Bernie show any day. And that includes Romney who is showing early signs of dementia.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]