•  Previous
  • 13(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Case Against Donald J. Trump
Pick6 Wrote:Again, who watches TV? Not millennials. True, the media is united against Trump. Public approval of the media is 0. It is universally acknowledged that there is no longer such a thing as unbiased press. Everything that has hurt Trump has been done by Trump to himself. Nothing that Hillary has done or said has stuck. Her constituency is largely a population that depends upon government for survival. The fact the traditional 1 percenter GOP donors are not donating to Trump is not a liability, it is an ASSET. It only reinforces the point that Hillary is owned , and Trump, is not.
Trump is losing millennials by a wide margin. Hillary's ads do not just appear on TV, they are also all over the web. If buying ads was not effective, politicians with funding advantages would not dominate most elections.

Trump has now lost 23 straight national polls, including the poll that Fox News released today. The Fox poll also showed that 51 percent of Republicans would have preferred a different candidate. That is Trump's reality. The polls internal numbers show that most people agree that Trump and Hillary are two lousy candidates, but so far, they find Trump the lousier of the two choices.
^
I bet he lost 23 straight polls in the Republican primary at one point too :biglmao:
Pick6 Wrote:Again, who watches TV? Not millennials. True, the media is united against Trump. Public approval of the media is 0. It is universally acknowledged that there is no longer such a thing as unbiased press. Everything that has hurt Trump has been done by Trump to himself. Nothing that Hillary has done or said has stuck. Her constituency is largely a population that depends upon government for survival. The fact the traditional 1 percenter GOP donors are not donating to Trump is not a liability, it is an ASSET. It only reinforces the point that Hillary is owned , and Trump, is not.

You are making a lot of perfectly valid points. And if you find yourself wondering... yes they are clear enough, and yes most rational people agree with you. Hoot has only one goal and that is to torpedo Mr Trump. So though you may in fact hand him his metaphorical head each and every time you post, he will simply dodge anything pertinent and come back at you yet another unsubstantiated slam against Trump.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:You are making a lot of perfectly valid points. And if you find yourself wondering... yes they are clear enough, and yes most rational people agree with you. Hoot has only one goal and that is to torpedo Mr Trump. So though you may in fact hand him his metaphorical head each and every time you post, he will simply dodge anything pertinent and come back at you yet another unsubstantiated slam against Trump.

I don't see how anyone who depends upon a job to support their family can vote against Trump HRC supporters are those that embrace the Nanny State.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/byron-...le/2595296

"Those were predictions," Buchanan continued. "And now Trump walks out there and can point to the largest trade deficits any western country has ever seen, the loss of 55,000 manufacturing plants since the turn of the century, six million manufacturing jobs, every state, every community has seen a plant that is gone. All the returns are in now."

How can you vote for the exportation of 6 million jobs???????
Pick6 Wrote:I don't see how anyone who depends upon a job to support their family can vote against Trump HRC supporters are those that embrace the Nanny State.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/byron-...le/2595296

"Those were predictions," Buchanan continued. "And now Trump walks out there and can point to the largest trade deficits any western country has ever seen, the loss of 55,000 manufacturing plants since the turn of the century, six million manufacturing jobs, every state, every community has seen a plant that is gone. All the returns are in now."

How can you vote for the exportation of 6 million jobs???????

That is the argument I have been making, really since Clinton signed NAFTA back in '94. Somehow the big picture continues to escape labor, all NAFTA does is allow Mexico to sell goods to the US at fair market, or better than fair market, while we knock a little off our bottom line to them. In other words they make money on what they sell us, and they make money on what we sell them. And incredibly, union leadership just will not recognize how many jobs have gone to Mexico. No wonder (Mexican) President Nieto was on national TV yesterday in support of NAFTA. Trump has it right, they think Americans are stupid and that point of view is hard to dispute given that we have given away the store since 1994, and we stand poised to give away anything that might be left, including our own national sovereignty, when we ratify the TPP.

But back to labor who continue to talk tough about enforcing their contracts, while they take the dues collected from rank and file and invest in candidates whose pledge is to bring in yet more millions of illegal immigrants and provide cradle to grave benefits to those who will not ironically, work. All courtesy of US tax dollars = labor pays for it.

Every union hall in the US is filled with grim faced memberships who are either laid off or under imminent threat of same. And I know there has to be a number of the older guys who remember the boom times of President Reagan. I just don't get it. In the near future when they drive past their old union hall building, closed and in decline, maybe then it will finally dawn on them that Democrats are not the saviors of labor, and the free market really did rely on the passé notion of supply and demand.

I can tell you this, I cannot and will not vote for the loss of any more jobs. Any vote cast this time around which is not for Donald J. Trump is a vote in disguise for Hillary.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
So much for those string of polls :biglmao:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...k-ago.html
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:So much for those string of polls :biglmao:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...k-ago.html

Wow, that was the Rasmussen Poll no less!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hillary now wants to give foreign technology workers automatic green cards to compete with citizen workers.
Millennials, you better wake up or there will be no jobs left. There are reasons Bernie will not endorse the Queen!

BTW, since I work in technology, I can tell that these foreign workers get free college, have no debt, and their cost of living is such, they can retire in their 30's!

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidenti...y-clinton/
Trump makes another claim that he is unwilling to prove. His July FEC filing will require him to publicly disclose whether he has really filed the paperwork to forgive his personal loans to his campaign. Maybe Trump is telling the truth and just trying to create an "I told you so" moment for himself - or maybe he is lying again.

Quote:After Saying He Forgave Loans to Campaign, Trump Won't Release Proof

When Donald Trump said last Thursday he was forgiving over $45 million in personal loans he made to his campaign, the announcement drew plenty of coverage. Many even reported Trump's statement as if the deal was done.

But it's not.

A week later, NBC News has learned the FEC has posted no record of Trump converting his loans to donations. The Trump Campaign has also declined requests to share the legal paperwork required to execute the transaction, though they suggest it has been submitted.

Last week, campaign spokesperson Hope Hicks said Trump was submitting formal paperwork forgiving the loan on Thursday, according to the Wall Street Journal.

Reached by NBC this week, she said the paperwork "will be filed with the next regularly scheduled FEC report," and declined to provide any documentation.

The delay could matter, because until Trump formally forgives the loans, he maintains the legal option to use new donations to reimburse himself. (He can do so until August, under federal law.)
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Trump makes another claim that he is unwilling to prove. His July FEC filing will require him to publicly disclose whether he has really filed the paperwork to forgive his personal loans to his campaign. Maybe Trump is telling the truth and just trying to create an "I told you so" moment for himself - or maybe he is lying again.

Really? If the Dem machine wasn't protecting her, HRC wold be an indicted felon by now and all you can come up with is this? How many times did HRC's email tech invoke the 5th when interviewed by the FBI? Was it 50 or 60, I don't remember.
Pick6 Wrote:Really? If the Dem machine wasn't protecting her, HRC wold be an indicted felon by now and all you can come up with is this? How many times did HRC's email tech invoke the 5th when interviewed by the FBI? Was it 50 or 60, I don't remember.
I fully agree that Hillary Clinton should be tried, convicted, and jailed. How does that make Trump anything but the inexperienced, totally unqualified candidate that he is? I am not voting for either one of them. You can see my opinions of Hillary and her illegal email server in a popular thread that I started. I also started a "The Case Against Hillary" thread, but a moderator closed it for some reason.
Soliciting campaign donations from foreign sources is still illegal, is it not?

Quote:US election: Trump's emails to British MPs cause uproar

His efforts appear to be generating more anger than interest, however - and even if he did find a receptive audience overseas, any financial assistance he receives would be a violation of US law. Even the act of asking could get the Trump camp a rebuke from the US government.

Members of parliament in the UK, Iceland, Canada and Australia have reported that they are being inundated on their official government emails accounts with fund-raising pleas from the Trump campaign - some from the candidate himself and others from his sons.

One pitch praised British voters for voting to leave the European Union, heralding that they had "taken their country back" - a line Mr Trump himself used while talking to the press at one of his golf courses in Scotland.
Evidently, it is perfectly legal to donate to the Clinton Foundation, whose beneficiaries have never been identified and the press has absolutely no motivation to vet. Do you know that 77% of democrats would still support Hillary even if indicted? That is mental illness!
She won't be indicted, you can bet on that. Wonder if that was part of the conversation when Bill met with AG Loretta Lynch on her private plane?

I would've loved to have been a fly on the wall during THAT little meeting.
Granny Bear Wrote:She won't be indicted, you can bet on that. Wonder if that was part of the conversation when Bill met with AG Loretta Lynch on her private plane?

Obama will protect her through Lynch and the FBI is too cowardly to do anything. So yeah you're right.
Granny Bear Wrote:She won't be indicted, you can bet on that. Wonder if that was part of the conversation when Bill met with AG Loretta Lynch on her private plane?

The dealings of the Clintons prove their critics right in every matter in which they are involved. Bill was Atty General for Arkansas before he was elected Governor. He and Lorretta Lynch know full well the furor over all this is well deserved. I keep hearing that the FBI recommendation for Hillary is imminent, but the only thing imminent I see is November 8, 2016.

With 202 days still remaining in the Obama era, and the chinless and self absorbed Paul Ryan in the speaker's chair, I am very concerned about what is still to come.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bill Clinton is an expert at sneaking away for private rendezvous.
Pick6 Wrote:Bill Clinton is an expert at sneaking away for private rendezvous.

Confusednicker: Good one.

In all seriousness, you seemed to be quite liberal when you posted here a while back. Glad that you have seen the light! :Thumbs:
^^
Reckon Bill and Loretta are members of the mile high club now????

Confusednicker:
^ Probably haha.

Even Bill was smart enough to choose someone other than Hillary, so hopefully the people will do the same.
TheRealThing Wrote:The dealings of the Clintons prove their critics right in every matter in which they are involved. Bill was Atty General for Arkansas before he was elected Governor. He and Lorretta Lynch know full well the furor over all this is well deserved. I keep hearing that the FBI recommendation for Hillary is imminent, but the only thing imminent I see is November 8, 2016.

With 202 days still remaining in the Obama era, and the chinless and self absorbed Paul Ryan in the speaker's chair, I am very concerned about what is still to come.

He is making Boehner look good.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Soliciting campaign donations from foreign sources is still illegal, is it not?

WideRight05 Wrote:Confusednicker: Good one.

In all seriousness, you seemed to be quite liberal when you posted here a while back. Glad that you have seen the light! :Thumbs:

Its hard to be conservative when the political party that is supposed to represent you is the decider of what conservatism means. I have always opposed both foreign interventionism and free trade that turns America's industrial towns into ghost towns.

The GOP consistently pushed its values on the electorate, instead of DETERMINING their values and policies from the electorate. As far as I'm concerned, the Bill Kristols and George Wills can go to that warm place where Satan lives!
It would have been nice if the Republican Party were about to nominate a Republican - somebody who most conservatives could proudly support.

Quote:Donald Trump Reportedly Bought a Tim Tebow-Signed Helmet With Charity Money

Donald Trump reportedly paid $12,000 at a charity auction four years ago to win a Tim Tebow-signed Denver Broncos helmet. But the cash, which was donated to the Susan G. Komen Organiztion, didn’t come from Trump’s own checkbook. It came from the Donald J. Trump Foundation.

What was cheered as a generous donation from a billionaire was a withdrawal from his own charity according to the Washington Post after reviewing his charitable giving. Its report says Trump didn’t use any of his own money to pay for the live auction win. Instead it came out of his foundation that was itself primarily funded by other people’s money,

At the time, Trump had not actually put any of his own money into the foundation for the three years prior, according to a previous Post report.

The purchase could violate rules related to private foundations that ban the “furnishing of goods” to officers within the organization. In cases such as these, any person who violates the ban is supposed to report it to the Internal Revenue Service and could be on the hook for a tax penalty. A foundation should also indicate such an outlay in tax returns, and a failure to do so could result in even more penalties. However, Trump’s foundation never reported such a purchase that year, according to the Post.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:It would have been nice if the Republican Party were about to nominate a Republican - somebody who most conservatives could proudly support.

If you are a conservative, you have one utmost responsibility. Protection of the voiceless. The unborn. If you have a problem with Trump. Don't vote for him. But you better vote for those 3-5 Supreme Court nominations. I would not want to stand before Jesus and explain why I facilitated the expansion of abortion rights by failing to act.
Pick6 Wrote:If you are a conservative, you have one utmost responsibility. Protection of the voiceless. The unborn. If you have a problem with Trump. Don't vote for him. But you better vote for those 3-5 Supreme Court nominations. I would not want to stand before Jesus and explain why I facilitated the expansion of abortion rights by failing to act.

Somebody pinch me, did you actually say that? I've been explaining for years on here that people are going to be held responsible for their vote. Here is the situation we have.

Christians, who if they want to be obedient have no choice but to vote for the candidate which represents anti abortion principles, seem to be trying to disqualify Mr Trump on spiritual grounds. So, on the one hand, we have the Democrat candidate who has sworn an oath to advance accessibility and general ease of abortion on demand. While on the other, we have the Republican candidate who has sworn an oath that he will oppose abortion and work with the Congress to limit the practice. And let's be clear and not that Romney has his spiritual house particularly in order either, but he says he will write-in his wife's name or something. Others say they are going to vote for Gary Johnson or whoever. Any vote not cast for Trump will amount to a vote for Hillary. If I can understand that you can bet the ranch The Lord understands it too.

I am trying to imagine the snot slinging and remorse when at the judgment, The Lord's own children stand there speechless as He points out the simple scenario described above. We don't know that Mr Trump will violate his promise to limit abortion, such blather is wild eyed speculation at best and why would we automatically dismiss Mr Trump's stated promise out of hand? I mean, if I was lost in the desert and some guy popped up and told me he could lead me out, what am I going to do just say no? I don't think so. Contrary-wise we certainly do know, that the dials on the abortions-O-meter will spin out of control under a Hilary Presidency, and we should try to keep her out of the Oval Office with our vote.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Somebody pinch me, did you actually say that? I've been explaining for years on here that people are going to be held responsible for their vote. Here is the situation we have.

Christians, who if they want to be obedient have no choice but to vote for the candidate which represents anti abortion principles, seem to be trying to disqualify Mr Trump on spiritual grounds. So, on the one hand, we have the Democrat candidate who has sworn an oath to advance accessibility and general ease of abortion on demand. While on the other, we have the Republican candidate who has sworn an oath that he will oppose abortion and work with the Congress to limit the practice. And let's be clear and not that Romney has his spiritual house particularly in order either, but he says he will write-in his wife's name or something. Others say they are going to vote for Gary Johnson or whoever. Any vote not cast for Trump will amount to a vote for Hillary. If I can understand that you can bet the ranch The Lord understands it too.

I am trying to imagine the snot slinging and remorse when at the judgment, The Lord's own children stand there speechless as He points out the simple scenario described above. We don't know that Mr Trump will violate his promise to limit abortion, why would we automatically dismiss that promise out of hand? I mean, if I was lost in the desert and some guy popped up and told me he could lead me out, what am I going to do just say no? I don't think so. Contrary-wise we certainly do know, that the dials on the abortions-O-meter will spin out of control under a Hilary Presidency, and we should try to keep her out of the Oval Office with our vote.

I wish Trump would talk about this more. Yes, he has committed to appointing conservative judges (Federal and Supreme Court), but in light of the recent decision regarding the strike down of the Texas abortion limitations, he should be hammering on this!
Pick6 Wrote:If you are a conservative, you have one utmost responsibility. Protection of the voiceless. The unborn. If you have a problem with Trump. Don't vote for him. But you better vote for those 3-5 Supreme Court nominations. I would not want to stand before Jesus and explain why I facilitated the expansion of abortion rights by failing to act.

Exactly!!...It's not always what we do that we will be judged by, it's sometimes what we don't do. Amazing that it took this long for someone to bring up this point...You don't have to like Donald Trump to make sure that 4 more liberal judges don't get placed on the Supreme Court....Hold your nose and don't vote for him the next time if you cant stand him. It's real simple..If you personally knew Ted Cruz, Jeb Bush, and the rest of the other 14 republican candidates, you more than likely wouldn't like them either....This is no time to not be standing together and to let Hillary Clinton appoint judges that will alter the country's landscape (more than what it already is) and then let it take till the latter part of this century for any chance for it to be overturned....Any conservative who refuses to vote for Trump and let Clinton attain the presidency, CANNOT claim to love their children, their grandchildren or their great grandchildren. I doubt very seriously if Trump will get much passed by Congress to begin with, so what difference will it make?....Objective #1, is to preserve a conservative presence on the Supreme Court.
Bob Seger Wrote:Exactly!!...It's not always what we do that we will be judged by, it's sometimes what we don't do. Amazing that it took this long for someone to bring up this point...You don't have to like Donald Trump to make sure that 4 more liberal judges don't get placed on the Supreme Court....Hold your nose and don't vote for him the next time if you cant stand him. It's real simple..If you personally knew Ted Cruz, Jeb Bush, and the rest of the other 14 republican candidates, you more than likely wouldn't like them either....This is no time to not be standing together and to let Hillary Clinton appoint judges that will alter the country's landscape (more than what it already is) and then let it take till the latter part of this century for any chance for it to be overturned....Any conservative who refuses to vote for Trump and let Clinton attain the presidency, CANNOT claim to love their children, their grandchildren or their great grandchildren. I doubt very seriously if Trump will get much passed by Congress to begin with, so what difference will it make?....Objective #1, is to preserve a conservative presence on the Supreme Court.

Trump is getting the independent vote he needs to win. He is actually getting the support he needs from women and Hispanics he needs to win. His trade and immigration positions are resonating.

Why is he behind? He is only getting %70 support from the GOP.

@JerryFalwellJr @RalphReed @RickWarren
People like Gov Kasich must understand that people of faith will remember their surrender of SCOTUS.

@JerryFalwellJr @RalphReed @RickWarren Christians must show that we are willing to hold account those in the GOP that will not support Trump

@JerryFalwellJr @RalphReed @RickWarren As your brother in Christ, I challenge you to act and to speak boldly to those hostile to our Lord.
Pick6 Wrote:Trump is getting the independent vote he needs to win. He is actually getting the support he needs from women and Hispanics he needs to win. His trade and immigration positions are resonating.

Why is he behind? He is only getting %70 support from the GOP.

@JerryFalwellJr @RalphReed @RickWarren
People like Gov Kasich must understand that people of faith will remember their surrender of SCOTUS.

@JerryFalwellJr @RalphReed @RickWarren Christians must show that we are willing to hold account those in the GOP that will not support Trump

@JerryFalwellJr @RalphReed @RickWarren As your brother in Christ, I challenge you to act and to speak boldly to those hostile to our Lord.

That and the fact that information is power and said information is being manipulated by the media. The ratio of folks who support Trump and agree with those on this board who at bare minimum see him as an acceptable alternative pending his performance as commander-in-chief, are likely very similar by the numbers.

We know what he says he will do, all of which are noble at best and patriotic at least. And we know what Hillary says she will do, all of which will serve to take us down the road to globalization and the further collapse of the traditional values under which we all grew up.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bob Seger Wrote:Exactly!!...It's not always what we do that we will be judged by, it's sometimes what we don't do. Amazing that it took this long for someone to bring up this point...You don't have to like Donald Trump to make sure that 4 more liberal judges don't get placed on the Supreme Court....Hold your nose and don't vote for him the next time if you cant stand him. It's real simple..If you personally knew Ted Cruz, Jeb Bush, and the rest of the other 14 republican candidates, you more than likely wouldn't like them either....This is no time to not be standing together and to let Hillary Clinton appoint judges that will alter the country's landscape (more than what it already is) and then let it take till the latter part of this century for any chance for it to be overturned....Any conservative who refuses to vote for Trump and let Clinton attain the presidency, CANNOT claim to love their children, their grandchildren or their great grandchildren. I doubt very seriously if Trump will get much passed by Congress to begin with, so what difference will it make?....Objective #1, is to preserve a conservative presence on the Supreme Court.

And arguably their country, for that matter.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  •  Previous
  • 13(current)
  • Next