Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wandale Robinson says.....
geauxtigers75 Wrote:I'm aware, but it's a big media move for him to have done so, it gets in the headlines and gets his name out there even more. Not even hating on him, like I said, brilliant move by him.

....it wasn't done just to get the award. 🙄
FoSho Wrote:....it wasn't done just to get the award. ��
We’ll never know.
I know.
Demarcus ware Wrote:Between 1962-1997 Nebraska had a great run, every other year before and after that time is average at best. I’m not saying UK is better historically but Nebraska hasn’t been relevant in 20 years. Frost will succeed but he won’t have that local talent like he had in Florida. I don’t blame anyone for going where the offense fits their strengths, what i fault people for is misleading and lying and tbh UK doesn’t need that kind of shady thinking. Everything worked out for the better in the end for both parties. People should learn from this.
Since 97 they’ve had 13 seasons with 9 or more wins. They’ve had 7 seasons with 10 or more wins since then. That’s not average. There aren’t a ton of programs in the country putting up those totals. Frost will get Florida talent and the Nebraska brand will grow back to similar heights that it use to.
pjdoug Wrote:Like I said. Nebraska hasn't been relevant in a long time. I watched the Tom Osborne coached team, so I didn't need a history lesson Smile
I’m sure many of us watched the Osborne teams since he was their HC from 73 to 97. Since you forgot the 90s in your account of Nebraska I thought you might of needed a refresher. Smile
barrel Wrote:Since 97 they’ve had 13 seasons with 9 or more wins. They’ve had 7 seasons with 10 or more wins since then. That’s not average. There aren’t a ton of programs in the country putting up those totals. Frost will get Florida talent and the Nebraska brand will grow back to similar heights that it use to.
1997 was the last time they was Conference champs and that was when they was in the big 12. If I’m not mistaken and you can double check me, the last time they played for a conference title was against Wisconsin and they gave up 70 points in 2012. They’ve lost the last 3 conference title games, and are 9-9 in the last 18 bowl games dating back to 1998 (That i looked up lol). Overall bowl record is 26-27. So yeah they’ve not exactly been relevant in a long time. Nebraska has history no doubt, but you can say that about a lot of teams. I do believe Frost will rebuild Nebraska and I’m actually pulling for him too do so, but that’s not what this thread is about.
I get the kid being torn but damn, 12 hours before he was talking up enrolling and recruiting people to UK. Wonder if he was pushing anyone to join him at Nebraska .
Yes, as he should.
Demarcus ware Wrote:1997 was the last time they was Conference champs and that was when they was in the big 12. If I’m not mistaken and you can double check me, the last time they played for a conference title was against Wisconsin and they gave up 70 points in 2012. They’ve lost the last 3 conference title games, and are 9-9 in the last 18 bowl games dating back to 1998 (That i looked up lol). Overall bowl record is 26-27. So yeah they’ve not exactly been relevant in a long time. Nebraska has history no doubt, but you can say that about a lot of teams. I do believe Frost will rebuild Nebraska and I’m actually pulling for him too do so, but that’s not what this thread is about.

How about we compare this to UK’s bowl record cause, shouldn’t be hard they’ve not won a Bowl game in a decade and have only recently even began qualifying for them again. Scott Frost knows how to win UK’s staff knows how to play stall ball and f things up!!
single shot Wrote:How about we compare this to UK’s bowl record cause, shouldn’t be hard they’ve not won a Bowl game in a decade and have only recently even began qualifying for them again. Scott Frost knows how to win UK’s staff knows how to play stall ball and f things up!!
Don’t get all butt hurt. Nobody is claiming UK is the greatest thing since sliced bread. And i know reading is hard for some people like you, but if you’d try it, you’d see i said I’m cheering for Frost to rebuild Nebraska. Now go and let the actual adults talk.
FoSho Wrote:Yes, as he should.
So he was recruiting for Nebraska while telling UK fans and coaching staff he will be enrolling at UK at the same time? I really hope that’s not what you meant
Calm down gentlemen.
barrel Wrote:I’m sure many of us watched the Osborne teams since he was their HC from 73 to 97. Since you forgot the 90s in your account of Nebraska I thought you might of needed a refresher. Smile

I forgot how many championships they've won in the last 23 years so maybe you can post it for me.
FoSho Wrote:....and he said so in his statement, did he not? But "handling it better" and "played UK" are two totally different statements.

He's 17/18 years old..........I think we should take it for what it is and give him the benefit of the doubt.

teenagers make bad decisions.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Nebraska Football is no doubt historically significant. However, that being said....there is no comparing Nebraska Football with Kentucky Basketball. Nebraska's fanbase definitely rules their state much like Kentucky Basketball. But that's where the comparison's end. Nebraska football has become regionalized to a large extent. They no longer have the national significance they once had. UK has remained a national power and a true Blue Blood in basketball since it's inception. Nebraska saw it's heyday during the 60's, 70's, 80's and early 90's....but has slipped mightily on the college football scene. Slipped to the point that they're no longer mentioned with the football blue bloods. For comparison sake....Nebraska football and Indiana basketball have somewhat mirrored each other. Tom Osborne and Bobby Knight. Two Iconic coaches. Once both left....neither program has retained its status nor regained the stature it once had. Still proud programs nonetheless.

Please don't take it as a knock on Nebraska. You have to understand that many local fans on and off this board are just puzzled by the inexplicable draw of Nebraska? Have you been there? :biggrin: I have....a lot. It's ...
well....I'll leave it at that:Thumbs:
I seriously don't care where he goes and glad he did go because it seems a little shady. One thing we can't sing about Nebraska is Where Corn Don't Grow.
FoSho Wrote:Rondale Moore had himself a season at Purdue.

Wandale Robinson will have himself a similar season at Nebraska.

Neither would have had this kind of success @ UK. So yes, a business decision for future consideration in the NFL.

What UK fans (me included) SHOULD be concerned with is why this "awesome coaching staff" can't keep the best KY kids home to play football?

WanDale is not the kind of kid that you people are making him out to be.

Why do you keep talking about what a great season he will have? You don't know how his season is going to go.
Demarcus ware Wrote:1997 was the last time they was Conference champs and that was when they was in the big 12. If I’m not mistaken and you can double check me, the last time they played for a conference title was against Wisconsin and they gave up 70 points in 2012. They’ve lost the last 3 conference title games, and are 9-9 in the last 18 bowl games dating back to 1998 (That i looked up lol). Overall bowl record is 26-27. So yeah they’ve not exactly been relevant in a long time. Nebraska has history no doubt, but you can say that about a lot of teams. I do believe Frost will rebuild Nebraska and I’m actually pulling for him too do so, but that’s not what this thread is about.

I remember Jamelle Holleway running the wishbone and smoking The Cornhuskers when he played at Oklahoma. Troy Aikman was also on that team.
Granny Bear Wrote:Calm down gentlemen.

I'm Scottish. I Cannae be Calm.
pjdoug Wrote:I forgot how many championships they've won in the last 23 years so maybe you can post it for me.

The same as UK.
barrel Wrote:The same as UK.

I can tell you put a lot of thought into that.
Wonder if UK payed for that long ass commitment video...
Probably did. If he was trying to recruit for Nebraska at the same time he was lying to UK staff and fans, then his character is worse than we thought, and he’s everything people are making him out to be. According to FoSho he was so you see what the staff was dealing with. Dodged the bullet there big time.
Demarcus ware Wrote:Probably did. If he was trying to recruit for Nebraska at the same time he was lying to UK staff and fans, then his character is worse than we thought, and he’s everything people are making him out to be. According to FoSho he was so you see what the staff was dealing with. Dodged the bullet there big time.
Yikes man. If that’s true then just wow. Dirty
Did anyone read the tweet that Vince Marrow posted after the Casey commitment? Taking shots at WanDale. LOL.
Demarcus ware Wrote:Probably did. If he was trying to recruit for Nebraska at the same time he was lying to UK staff and fans, then his character is worse than we thought, and he’s everything people are making him out to be. According to FoSho he was so you see what the staff was dealing with. Dodged the bullet there big time.

I seriously doubt he was doing that while commuted to UK. What I meant was now he will be.
pjdoug Wrote:Why do you keep talking about what a great season he will have? You don't know how his season is going to go.

Yes I do.

You'll see.
FoSho Wrote:Yes I do.

You'll see.

Nope you don't. You'll see.You must be getting a percentage.
Strikeout King Wrote:Did anyone read the tweet that Vince Marrow posted after the Casey commitment? Taking shots at WanDale. LOL.

Yeah. I liked that.
Take this with a grain of salt but i play Fortnite with a guy who just happened to be from Nebraska and a huge college football fan. The Wandale Situation came up last Night and he said Wandale was 100% Nebraska from the get go and some “staff” member from Nebraska told Wandale that he would probably have to redshirt his freshman season because some guy was coming back. This apparently was the night before the commitment date and Robinson flipped to Kentucky without speaking to frost. After frost seen the commitment announcement he then got in contact with Wandale and had him flipped back to Nebraska all along. So while mr Robinson should have flipped back instantly maybe the media and fan image of him is why he didn’t so soon. I think he wins all the award regardless.

So knowing he was going to flip back and talking up enrolling early and recruiting was a bunch of bullshit . He had zero intention of enrolling early and zero interest in recruiting guys to Kentucky .
pjdoug Wrote:Nope you don't. You'll see.You must be getting a percentage.

The kid is going to be a star....just like his buddy Rondale Moore at Purdue. And Nebraska (for reasons I've mentioned previously) is the perfect spot to make it happen.

😎