Poll: Should John Calipari be fired?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
20.83%
No
79.17%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Fire Calipari tonight
UKisN1 Wrote:[Image: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D3Gh3JbWwAEuSqO.jpg]Here is your stats.

With this picture and stats he may be the most underachieving coach in county when it comes to National Titles.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FlippedOut's post:
  • cuppett777
You guys are comical....
Bump

Confusednicker:
I knew this one was coming back up. Lol
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Not yet but the leash is getting shorter in my opinion
FlippedOut Wrote:With this picture and stats he may be the most underachieving coach in county when it comes to National Titles.

That's the problem KY fans want Nattys and one is unacceptable.
T-CATS Wrote:Not yet but the leash is getting shorter in my opinion

He's got a lifetime contract though. So how exactly would that work?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Spud6 Wrote:He's got a lifetime contract though. So how exactly would that work?
Fans putting for sale signs in his yard would probably work Confusednicker:
T-CATS Wrote:Fans putting for sale signs in his yard would probably work Confusednicker:

You ain’t getting through that gate without a cop ushering you through lol
#BBFL
He is not a perfect Coach, but I do not see anyone else that is... and I do not see anyone else that is a better fit...……….
BlueSky Wrote:He is not a perfect Coach, but I do not see anyone else that is... and I do not see anyone else that is a better fit...……….

Your last quote is key. He’s just a good “fit” for UK. It’s more than coaching here and he understood that from the beginning
Bump

BTW GUT, this bump is for you. You need to come back to the site and do this yourself.
Bump????
This one hurt. Cal has never been an adjustment guy but dag on he doesn’t do anything to help us win. After they kept taking us one on one he finally decided to run a 2-3 when they were up 5. That tells you all you need to know about his coaching ability. It’s always been like this though.
#BBFL
When it comes down to X’s and O’s, cats lose!
I know Runitupthegut has not been on here for a while, I would love to hear what he would have to say.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jarons's post:
  • Westside
(12-12-2020, 06:01 PM)Jarons Wrote: I know Runitupthegut has not been on here for a while, I would love to hear what he would have to say.

GUT needs to come out of retirement.
(12-12-2020, 07:02 PM)Westside Wrote:
(12-12-2020, 06:01 PM)Jarons Wrote: I know Runitupthegut has not been on here for a while, I would love to hear what he would have to say.

He would be having a field day the way this season is going.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jarons's post:
  • Westside
(12-12-2020, 07:02 PM)Westside Wrote:

GUT's retirement from BGR was a very positive development. Coach Calipari's retirement from the UK coaching job will be a great day in UK basketball history. Awarding Coach Cal a contract with a huge buyout clause was incredibly stupid when no NCAA or NBA team was any threat to lure him away with a better contract than he already had. UK cannot afford to fire Calipari.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Jarons
Was just a matter of time before this one got bumped. I predict a cal gone in two years. One and domes going to be able to go straight to NBA soon and it’ll ruin Cal’s whole recruitment. And losing Kenny Payne has shown to be a major loss
#BBFL
He gone within a couple years but not fired.
1-6 now with a six game losing streak. Bump.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
id say fire his ass. Give me Slick Rick and Kentucky kids any day. At least those teams played for Kentucky and played for us. These kids are just here to try and get to the NBA. They don't give 2 shits what it means to us the fans
Kenny Payne value was not only in recruiting, but his ability to talk to the players and be a good listener.... when he said he was leaving I was begging UK to come up with some really green reasons for him to stay...
Bump
Cal ain't gettin' getting fired from UK... He may leave on his own accord but he ain't gettin' the heave ho. He could have another 9-win season and still be safe. Cal will go eventually but only when he says so.
(01-01-2021, 07:05 PM)cadets1988 Wrote: id say fire his ass.    Give me Slick Rick and Kentucky kids any day.  At least those teams played for Kentucky and played for us.  These kids are just here to try and get to the NBA.  They don't give 2 shits what it means to us the fans
Most of the Kentucky players that Pitino played were recruited by Eddie Sutton. One of the first things that Pitino did as coach was to schedule the Wildcats to play in early season tournaments on the east coast for recruiting purposes. The big difference between Pitino and Calipari is that Pitino coaches players up to their potential. If players sign to play for Calipari, they better be very self-motivated and willing to teach themselves to play or have been well-coached at the high school level.
I've had enough of Cal for 12 lifetimes now. Good part is it doesn't even bother me when we lose anymore.
(12-11-2021, 09:53 PM)jetpilot Wrote: I've had enough of Cal for 12 lifetimes now. Good part is it doesn't even bother me when we lose anymore.

Jet,  I've been feeling the same way for the last year or so. I wondered if it was just me.  I didn't even know they were playing today until midway through the second half. I used to not miss a single minute of a single game. I not even sure of all the reasons for my drifting away.
(12-11-2021, 10:00 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(12-11-2021, 09:53 PM)jetpilot Wrote: I've had enough of Cal for 12 lifetimes now. Good part is it doesn't even bother me when we lose anymore.

Jet,  I've been feeling the same way for the last year or so. I wondered if it was just me.  I didn't even know they were playing today until midway through the second half. I used to not miss a single minute of a single game. I not even sure of all the reasons for my drifting away.
Same here. Lived and died UK basketball all my life. All the joy has been sucked out of it.
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next