•  Previous
  • 11(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Corbin 2022
(05-16-2022, 02:55 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Heard definitely a passing attack coming from Camp Corbin…..

not trying to stir the pot honest question .. is it not a year or two too late for the passing attack ..? wouldnt last year have been the perfect year to be balanced ..
[-] The following 2 users Like WhomTheBellTolls's post:
  • 64SUR, Bull got out!
(05-16-2022, 08:27 PM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote:
(05-16-2022, 02:55 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Heard definitely a passing attack coming from Camp Corbin…..

not trying to stir the pot honest question .. is it not a year or two too late for the passing attack ..? wouldnt last year have been the perfect year to be balanced ..
I was talking to someone telling me the plan so far and I have to agree with you that when you have Longmire and Patterson and Wells on your roster, it better be time to throw the ball. From my knowing the returning players, they have to put the ball in the air because of what all graduated in the backfield. They don’t have a Huff and Mills to carry the load. So a smart coach would utilize the air attack to keep the defense honest and then open up the run game. But I’m agreeing with you, it’s almost 2 years too late. More coffee please…
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • WhomTheBellTolls

Me and you agreeing on way to much lately…I’m not used to this…
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • WhomTheBellTolls
(05-16-2022, 10:16 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:

blessed are the peacemakers .. off-season has me a little soft wait for august to roll around so I can get in mid season form .. ??
[-] The following 1 user Likes WhomTheBellTolls's post:
  • TD Hounds
(02-08-2022, 11:37 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: If this is the schedule, do they lose? It’s above average with pikeville but after that? I wouldn’t think of this schedule as rough as what’s been in the past. Greer must since a significant fall off in production or something. Does everyone remember the days of haddix and his gauntlet of schedules? This doesn’t compare…
10-0 but then loss in semis or regional.
I have the utmost respect for Corbin’s program. With that said, Pikeville is a little more than “Above Average”. I wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest if they left Corbin with a win on Week 0
[-] The following 1 user Likes HAIL PIKEVILLE!'s post:
  • TD Hounds
(05-17-2022, 01:39 PM)HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:
(02-08-2022, 11:37 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: If this is the schedule, do they lose? It’s above average with pikeville but after that? I wouldn’t think of this schedule as rough as what’s been in the past. Greer must since a significant fall off in production or something. Does everyone remember the days of haddix and his gauntlet of schedules? This doesn’t compare…
I have the utmost respect for Corbin’s program. With that said, Pikeville is a little more than “Above Average”. I wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest if they left Corbin with a win on Week 0
Not only would I not be surprised, I fully expect it.
(05-16-2022, 11:37 PM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote:
(05-16-2022, 10:16 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:

blessed are the peacemakers .. off-season has me a little soft wait for august to roll around so I can get in mid season form .. ??

Just don’t start trying to convince me that Corbin is gonna start throwing the football or that we have the next Jerry Rice (who is coincidentally one of the coaches son).

I think you’ll find Corbin fans have the utmost respect for Pikeville too…I’ll be there cheering on my Hounds and hoping you and Jet end up surprised, but I’m not gonna bet any hard earned money on it….
[-] The following 2 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!, HAIL PIKEVILLE!
If I am looking at the schedule correctly, you have to play at Franklin  County.  I know for sure that they are much better than Pikeville. Not sure about others on the schedule, but those two alone would make me nervous talking about an undefeated season not to mention the playoffs.
Corbin will have 4 games that will test them. Pikeville, Franklin County, Pulaski and Simon Kenton. I think everyone else is either down or had coaching changes.
I made this post in feb and the unofficial schedule was missing this game, i fully expect pikeville to win against corbin. This was also before a lot of the recent stuff has came up so my mind is a little different now than in the past.
(05-19-2022, 04:43 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Corbin will have 4 games that will test them. Pikeville, Franklin County, Pulaski and Simon Kenton. I think everyone else is either down or had coaching changes.

Franklin County is mediocre at best Smile
(05-23-2022, 01:24 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(05-19-2022, 04:43 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Corbin will have 4 games that will test them. Pikeville, Franklin County, Pulaski and Simon Kenton. I think everyone else is either down or had coaching changes.

Scrubs. Not even worth Corbin’s time or energy to travel there. Running clock 15 seconds after they arrive.
Pikevilles loaded roster will for sure test them, along with Pulaski.
Corbins line will overtake em in the long run but both will be good games.
All Corbins WR coming back?
(05-23-2022, 09:25 AM)ballaboveall Wrote: Pikevilles loaded roster will for sure test them, along with Pulaski.

Corbin has a very talented team coming back.
  • TD Hounds
(05-23-2022, 08:15 AM)16 special Wrote:
(05-23-2022, 01:24 AM)pjdoug Wrote:

Scrubs. Not even worth Corbin’s time or energy to travel there. Running clock 15 seconds after they arrive.

LOL!
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • 16 special
https://kentuckyprepgridiron.com/the-clo...chardsusa/

Got to brag on this kid. He is working hard and I hope he gets all the recognition he deserves. I like the way he runs and I havn't said a whole lot about him but I think this is his year!
(07-11-2022, 12:25 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: https://kentuckyprepgridiron.com/the-clo...chardsusa/

Got to brag on this kid. He is working hard and I hope he gets all the recognition he deserves. I like the way he runs and I havn't said a whole lot about him but I think this is his year!

He's a good one. Keep him, and send my Colonels back to Goldbug Smile
  • Bull got out!
(05-23-2022, 09:25 AM)ballaboveall Wrote: Pikevilles loaded roster will for sure test them, along with Pulaski.
Corbin's lines won't be pushing Pikeville's lines around. And Pikeville defense will be very very good. IMO for Corbin to beat Pikeville their skill players will have to be better. Tough task with Pikeville having 2500 yard rusher back and studs all over the field.

Went to Pikeville practice this evening, looked like a 4 or 5A squad out there.

I'm expecting a playoff atmosphere instant classic at Corbin.
(07-12-2022, 03:22 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
Corbin's lines won't be pushing Pikeville's lines around. And Pikeville defense will be very very good. IMO for Corbin to beat Pikeville their skill players will have to be better. Tough task with Pikeville having 2500 yard rusher back and studs all over the field.

Went to Pikeville practice this evening, looked like a 4 or 5A squad out there.

I'm expecting a playoff atmosphere instant classic at Corbin.

Corbin has won a lot of big games at Campbell Field, so don't be sad if they smoke some panther hind end. I have to say I haven't seen them win those big games with current coaches though. lol
(05-17-2022, 01:44 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
Not only would I not be surprised, I fully expect it.
I fully expect you to melt down on the sideline. lol
  • Bull got out!
One thing about Corbin is they will come out of the gate swinging. I’m hearing this year, boys will be playing both sides of the ball. So for example, Franklin West should control his side of the ball and Brody Wells should earn a triple team. Gregory will get his yards. QB1 is Cameron Combs. So Far. Jett, I’m not involved in the play calling or defense but if I was, that delayed handoff trick that Pikeville ran against LCA would be a -5 yard loss if I were defensive coordinator. LOL. Everyone knows Pikeville is going to run but I’m curious if Greer has watched any film since the last game against Johnson Central to see how a defense is not supposed to look like. If he pulls that same zone non blitz crap then I’ll agree Pikeville wins. So the real game is Greers defense scheme vs Pikevilles offense. I don’t like Greers defense after watching last years non adjustments. Still be a close game though. Didn’t that computer have a 1 point prediction?
(07-12-2022, 07:56 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: One thing about Corbin is they will come out of the gate swinging. I’m hearing this year, boys will be playing both sides of the ball. So for example, Franklin West should control his side of the ball and Brody Wells should earn a triple team. Gregory will get his yards. QB1 is Cameron Combs. So Far. Jett, I’m not involved in the play calling or defense but if I was, that delayed handoff trick that Pikeville ran against LCA would be a -5 yard loss if I were defensive coordinator. LOL. Everyone knows Pikeville is going to run but I’m curious if Greer has watched any film since the last game against Johnson Central to see how a defense is not supposed to look like. If he pulls that same zone non blitz crap then I’ll agree Pikeville wins. So the real game is Greers defense scheme vs Pikevilles offense. I don’t like Greers defense after watching last years non adjustments. Still be a close game though. Didn’t that computer have a 1 point prediction?

They are supposedly going to play 5 maybe 6 kids both ways.   Wells is going to be huge at the slot.  Curry will be RB1 and look for Newberry to have a breakout year.  A lot of people question Corbin’s line but they have a lot of bodies to choose from and get it figured out.
They are supposedly going to play 5 or 6 kids both ways.  Wells is going to be a stud at the slot.  Curry will be RB1 and look for Newberry to have a brake out season.  People worry about Corbin’s line but they have a lot of bodies to choose from so maybe they can get it worked out.  Also look for Baker and Hammack to be big on the defense this year.
I think once camp is over in a few weeks, the look of the team will start to take shape. But numbers are extremely high for kids coming out. Like to see some not playing show up as well. I’m curious as to the look of this years team in real game situations. Going to be fun. Pikeville and Franklin County is two early test that will age the newcomers pretty quickly.
(07-13-2022, 03:54 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I think once camp is over in a few weeks, the look of the team will start to take shape. But numbers are extremely high for kids coming out. Like to see some not playing show up as well. I’m curious as to the look of this years team in real game situations. Going to be fun. Pikeville and Franklin County is two early test that will age the newcomers pretty quickly.
Freshman class is huge and there are definitely several sophomores that will have a chance to play big roles on this years team like Hatfield and Mahan just to name a couple.  I also hope that a couple of kids that was on last years team decide to come back but I dont think that’s going to happen.  Hope I’m wrong.  There are some upperclassmen that haven’t played in a few years that came back out. They couple play a nice roles.
I’m hearing that as well. But I think the starters from a few positions isn’t in stone yet either. That’s why I say, after camp, the starters should be locked in. I’d say a couple spots is still up for grabs….
  • BlueBlood10
(07-13-2022, 04:18 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I’m hearing that as well. But I think the starters from a few positions isn’t in stone yet either. That’s why I say, after camp, the starters should be locked in. I’d say a couple spots is still up for grabs….

Ninety some kids on the roster of which forty some are freshman or so I’ve been told.  I have been told that Curry is actually in the slot and Wells will be RB1 but I’ve only heard that from one person who’s not a coach and can’t see why either one should be in the backfield as both have terrific hands.  Newberry and Stewart where way under utilized at receiver last year but so was a lot of the talent, been hearing good things about Warren too and it’s actually not been what’s been posted on here by some who shall remain nameless.  A very talented team again that has all the potential to do big things Love them all, can’t wait to cheer them on this year, like you said after summer camp we should see things taking shape.  Brody Wells should have a year to remember but he should have been an offensive juggernaut the previous two seasons too imo…
  • Bull got out!
Something going on with the Corbin coaching staff. I been deleted by Coach Greer on Facebook. Lol!! Hmmm!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • Bull got out!
(07-13-2022, 06:51 PM)64SUR Wrote: Something going on with the Corbin coaching staff.  I been deleted by Coach  Greer on Facebook. Lol!!  Hmmm!!!

You too!  Big Grin
  • 64SUR
(07-13-2022, 07:04 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(07-13-2022, 06:51 PM)64SUR Wrote: Something going on with the Corbin coaching staff.  I been deleted by Coach  Greer on Facebook. Lol!!  Hmmm!!!

You too!  Big Grin

Nice to know I thought I was the only one in the penalty box…
  • 64SUR
  •  Previous
  • 11(current)
  • Next