•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best middle school running backs playing in 2008?
Well, let me tell you all who is really the best.. heard of a team down southestern way called the CORBIN REDHOUNDS??? got them selves a back average three touch downs per game.. and over two hundred yards rushing in three consecutive games..the boy is FAST... and can move ..man.. leslie county came to town saturday listen folks.. they forfitted.. their games against us.. 28-0 start of the second quarter .. 7th grade 3-0 THE BEST RUNNING BACK HANDS DOWN....... best 7th team hands down...
The Cougars of Letcher County Central have themselves three pretty fine running backs in Chris Tyree, Sam Sergent and Dalton Taylor. All three have three touchdowns each through 3 games. The offensive coach spreads the ball around really well between the three of them. No clear better athlete in the mix, all three can go off on any given night.
What happened against Leslie? You mean to tell me they drove all the way from Leslie county and got on the bus and left? We scrimmaged Corbin and they looked like a solid team. I saw Leslie play in the Gridorama and they didn't look that bad. There's gotta be more to this story.....
I agree with Mama Bear. There has to be more to the Leslie and Corbin story. What's up???????????
D.J. Jones @ Powell Co. Can you say "fast"
Blitz,

Who is the kid who played quarterback last season for the 7th grade team? He wore #3, I think.
#21 for Betsy Layne Chase Hall is powerful.
6 Games:
MESSER 40 carries=700 yards rushing, 9 for 9 passing= 117 yards, 1 INT, 4 Receptions=117 yards. 11 TD, 6 EXP. 934 all purpose yards.
KORZEP- 34 carries=416 yards rushing, 5 for 5 passing=167 yards. 1 Reception=63 yards. 4 TD, 646 all purpose yards.
SUMAN 20 carries=70 yards rushing, 1 reception=5 yards, 2 TD's
MAY- 13 carries= 42 yards, 4 for 7 passing=90 yards, 1 rec 3 yards, 1 TD, 4 EXP.

This is the starting backfield. Other running backs are Maverick Dixon, Jordan Stephens, Spencer Cole, Nick Samuels, Jacob Bryant, Will Peterman, Garion Robinson. Most have scored at least 1 TD or EXP. These backs have also produced over 200 yards of offense as of today..
Russell Reloads !!!!
I can see a great showdown at the Bowl games with Belfry and then New Harlan County...
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Mama Bear Wrote:What happened against Leslie? You mean to tell me they drove all the way from Leslie county and got on the bus and left? We scrimmaged Corbin and they looked like a solid team. I saw Leslie play in the Gridorama and they didn't look that bad. There's gotta be more to this story.....

Middlesboro also canceled on the 7th grade game against Corbin, but they are still willing to play the 8th grade game, maybe because they feel like they can beat the banged-up Corbin 8th graders.Wink I
Big Chief Wrote:Blitz,

Who is the kid who played quarterback last season for the 7th grade team? He wore #3, I think.
Trey Marcum (#3). He is the QB this year as well. He will hand the ball off to either D.J. Jones(#20) or Daniel Lawson(#26). His favorite target in the air is Kienan Tiller(#1). They have struggled thus far. They can't seem to contain the sweep. They have gotten up and down the field fine. They seem to always shoot themselves in the foot with a penalty or a turnover.
Russell Red Devils 5/6th grade add another 630 yards of offense tonight.... Maroon Machine ROLLS !!!!!!!!!!!!
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "

Bell County hasn't been mentioned, and to put it lightly, they know how to move a ball!
Ryan Collett #2
Jonathan Polly #5
Corey Oslonian #9

Great team, works hard and plays as a team. IMO, they work it both sides of the line, may be a bunch of kids to look forward to up on Log Mountain.
Sounds like I am going to have to get out one day and watch some fo the younger kids play for Russell.

When do they play the JFL games?
The 6th grade plays Saturday at home at 3pm. They play Bracken County this week.
Come on out and watch. Would ove to see you there BEETLE... I am sure i wil see you Friday night tooo.
Boys we have a young player in the 8th grader up here in Letcher County that goes by the name of Dalton Taylor. Tonight he played with two broken knuckle joints and a fracture to the wrist and still rushed for over a hundred or so yards and a couple of touchdowns. We played Perry Central (previously unbeaten) and came away with a big win 20-6.
Yeah,,,corbin does have themselves a great rb...I have been to their last 2 games,,,dont know his name,,,but hes an awesome player with a bright future.
Lambert #1 Wrote:Boys we have a young player in the 8th grader up here in Letcher County that goes by the name of Dalton Taylor. Tonight he played with two broken knuckle joints and a fracture to the wrist and still rushed for over a hundred or so yards and a couple of touchdowns. We played Perry Central (previously unbeaten) and came away with a big win 20-6.

I agree hes good but i wonder why no one talks about him that much. he ran 4 or 5 times Saturday for about 90 yards and 2 touchdowns.
I think it's because last year he was behind two really good backs and didn't get featured that much. This year he's in an outstanding backfield that has Cody Conn-Fullback, Chris Tyree-Tailback and he's just one piece of a true backfield and really that's probably the way it should be. He has great speed for a big boy and when he decides to lower his head and run hard he's a BEAST. I am just blown away with the fact that he's playing this good with a hurt dominant hand. I for one am a HUGE Dalton Taylor fan and think we will hear huge things about him in the next 4.5 years as he enters high school at LCC. The only area I see that he needs to improve on is his blocking ability, I think if he works on that he can play some Varsity ball next year as a freshmen.
Is this Dalton Taylor? If it is, I think this is when he ran a TD against us.

[Image: http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e213/k...taylor.jpg]
Weston Little from SF is absolutely amazing.
if anybody has the time or nothing to do you need to check out veritys seventh grade tailback and their quarter back. anygiven play could be part of a highlight reel. the tailbacks footwork is sick and the quarterback is the 7th grade tim tebow
Russell Red Devil 5/6th grade- "MAROON MACHINE"!!!!!!!

#2 Connor Messer- 78 rushes, 1419 yards, 12 for 16=187 yards passing,148 receiving yards= 1754 all purpose yards.
#32 Brawny Korzep- 65 rushes for 755 yards, 6 for 6= 187 yards passing, 139 yards receving= 1081 all purpose yards.
#9 Bobby May- 20 rushes for 63 yards. 11 for 16= 167 yards passing, 18 yards receving= 248 all purpose yards.
#57 Logan Suman- 31 rushes for 111 yards,8 yards receving. 119 all purpose yards.
#7 Spencer Cole- 29 rushes for 399 yards.
#25 Jordan Stephens- 17 carries for 108 yards.
#27 Maverick Dixon- 80 receiving yards.
#24 Will Peterman-10 rushes for 75 yards,
#85 Jacob Bryant- 6 carries for 85 yards, 100 yards receiving.
#8 Garion Robinson- 48 receiving yards.
luv2seemykidsplayfb Wrote:Yeah,,,corbin does have themselves a great rb...I have been to their last 2 games,,,dont know his name,,,but hes an awesome player with a bright future.
We are 8-0 on the season. He has missed only one game,"due to injury". Derrick woolum is his name. Number 23, he thinks he feels out this number better than Devin hester. lol For real,this kid is awesome! He only weighs 115 pounds, but he is pure speed. Coaches have stated.. never in their coaching careers have they seen a player that sees the field the way he does.But this is a talented team that will probally go un-defeated all season! Derrick has only 15 t.ds in 7 games.He missed one, "hurt his average bad" was averaging 3 touch downs per game! So remember the name derrick woolum for corbin. If hes healthy no doubt.. corbins future.
luv2seemykidsplayfb Wrote:Yeah,,,corbin does have themselves a great rb...I have been to their last 2 games,,,dont know his name,,,but hes an awesome player with a bright future.
derrick woolum# 23.. 8-0 on year. he has 15 t.ds with games missed. he is the real deal. remember this name!
Corbins future for sure! A speedy half-back with hands! team 8-0 on season.This kid has talent.. " has been quoted" never before seen a kid like this with so much field view. coaches say.. he sees the hole before it opens. DERRICK WOOLUM #23 remember this name and number..
Derrick Woolum, That his name.The running back for the 7th grade redhounds.
I think with out doubt he is one of the best. We are currently 8-0 and our next game is thursday at north laurel.Then we host foley the following thursday.Both mentioned games are conference opponents. We have clinched home field for the playoffs.Back about derrick,he was averaging 3 T.DS per game, but had to sit one out! "due to injury." our victorys have been so lop-sided he only gets to play the first quarter and start of the second. He has 15 t.ds and a un-told amount of extra points.So put your ears on and listen for the name and number 23! HE IS FOREAL!!!
CORBIN MIDDLE SCHOOl, is the home of the best running back. derrick woolum #23.
There's a kid from Corbin who plays running back that I hear is good...can't think of his name.......?????:p

I don't recall him when we scrimmaged Corbin. But it was one of those lousy 10 on offense and 10 on defense thingys. I like a full scrimmage setting myself. I can't tell much about a team in those limited settings. Somebody smarter than myself probably could. I just think they are a waste.
Hey Mama Bear,
The picture you put on here earlier is the one and only Dalton Taylor. It's an awesome shot. He looks like a man on a mission! Big Grin

By the way, I think I have heard of that running back from Corbin. His name is Derrick??? Derrick???? Oh well, I can't remember the last name. :lmao:
Burns from Fleming Co. 7th grade is hard to stop as well
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next