•  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Co. Central 2009
Good point defense is key as we have not had much of it. Coach W will let the players abilities dictate how the offense runs. He is a great coach. Lets just chill out and see how the first couple of games goes. Does anyone have the schedule yet? Please put it up. LJ still has alot to prove as well.... Awesome thread.
It seems to me we was in the same area two years ago not knowing how are defense is going to end up. I think Coach Maggard, and Coach Thomas will take care of getting these young men ready
From a football standpoint I am tickled to death. I really believe the football team is really going to soar. Biggest concern is lack of experience, they have some really, really good underclassmen. Being a taxpayer I wonder how that big name coaches can be hired here making really good money and then we have to bring in their spouse and give her a job as well. All this going on as teachers and certified people are losing their jobs in this county.
cougarpride08 Wrote:It seems to me we was in the same area two years ago not knowing how are defense is going to end up. I think Coach Maggard, and Coach Thomas will take care of getting these young men ready

I am losing some faith from our past defensive performances. It does make me question the coaching. I hope that they get it together. Even if all the calls are right the players have to have there minds in the right place. You can't assume that the other team is going four and out. You can't stand there as a defensive end and say i can't wait until my next series as tight end. I wonder if they will call my favorite play the one when they hit me in the flats wide open. I think alot of players on defense are thinking this. The cougars have to seriously get it in there mind that they are now on defense after that touchdown. It has to be drilled in there heads. We had some good awareness individually but not as a team. The captain of that D has to put them in check. I do not want anybody out there trying to stop yardage with a lackadasical attitude. Get on D and stay on D until your QB is under center. You gotta tear that ball loose or rip somebody apart trying. Eat like a dog on defense.
Was told tonight that Whitaker has a nephew in the 8th grade that plays qb at Corbin and could be one of the best middle school qb's in the state.
Hilbily Wrote:I am losing some faith from our past defensive performances. It does make me question the coaching. I hope that they get it together. Even if all the calls are right the players have to have there minds in the right place. You can't assume that the other team is going four and out. You can't stand there as a defensive end and say i can't wait until my next series as tight end. I wonder if they will call my favorite play the one when they hit me in the flats wide open. I think alot of players on defense are thinking this. The cougars have to seriously get it in there mind that they are now on defense after that touchdown. It has to be drilled in there heads. We had some good awareness individually but not as a team. The captain of that D has to put them in check. I do not want anybody out there trying to stop yardage with a lackadasical attitude. Get on D and stay on D until your QB is under center. You gotta tear that ball loose or rip somebody apart trying. Eat like a dog on defense.

:rockon: :HitWall:
LCC will be hard to handle this year with the addition of Whitaker.
that is what I am talking about.
LCC might have a little trouble with the defence, but offence should be awsome with Johnson in the the QB slot.
bigA_lccougars Wrote:LCC might have a little trouble with the defence, but offence should be awsome with Johnson in the the QB slot.

I am no bookworm or english major, but are you talking about offense and defense? Or a off white fence and a defected fence?
cougarpride08 Wrote:It seems to me we was in the same area two years ago not knowing how are defense is going to end up. I think Coach Maggard, and Coach Thomas will take care of getting these young men ready

Larry Maggard, I forgot all about good ole coach Maggard:moon:
Lets see a defense before we start talking about one. We had alot of returning defensive spots last season and we couldn't do jack. Still all the pre-season hype bolstered a solid D and i was on that band wagon! Lesson learned.
I remember two year ago when we had a aweful defense to start out, then coach maggard and coach thomas too that defense and made them really good. The offensive line was the same thing.
estill parent Wrote:LCC will be hard to handle this year with the addition of Whitaker.

I didn't know Coach Whitaker had elgibility left........ He won't score a touchdown or make a tackle.
That line is the key. I think if we get the line right, then everything else falls into place.
Defense wins championships...Period................I hope they play people this year based on ability instead of other criteria...Give people a chance
lets get ur alls opions on the starting O and D linemen
Unproven on both sides of the ball. We will need some serious pass protection this year. If we can stop the run on the other side then we got a chance to do damage. I do not feel there are any teams in our district that are gonna pass with us. If a team tries to beat us passing then we are gonna benefit.
You Got To Run The Ball To Win
It helps if you got a running game for sure. I am just looking at us a passing team. They are gonna do the option alot like with Bank's. That will be a big part of the run. We do not have a standout back yet to hand off to. We will in 2011. This season is gonna be a tough one and give us alot more info of whats coming and thats important to me. I do not look for anything really big this year but what we get a glimpse of is gonna be sweet nectar. I am stuck really on the line instead of the running backs. We got to have a line and we gotta stop the run.
Snare43 Wrote:I didn't know Coach Whitaker had elgibility left........ He won't score a touchdown or make a tackle.
I think he has 1 more year left...lol. He could still play!:notworthy
Griffin what are they going to use Bentley for? Will it be a spread with two backs or will we have a lead back with the spread?
cougarpride08 Wrote:Griffin what are they going to use Bentley for? Will it be a spread with two backs or will we have a lead back with the spread?

Confusedhh:
I understand. Look for me at wally world and we can talk. Smile
GRIFFIN Wrote:You Got To Run The Ball To Win

And in 5A, you have to be able to pass the ball too. Running the ball only may work in the lower classes, but once you get to 5A, or maybe even 4A, you better be able to do both very well.
charlie22 I agree with you 100%.
70/30 And You Well Win In Class 1a- 6a.
To pass the ball 70% of the time will seriously weaken a defense. You have to practice the pass all the time. Your defense never gets to see the run during the week. When Nov. and Dec rolls around the weather will play an important roll also. If you are 70% run then thats much better.
Snare43 Wrote:To pass the ball 70% of the time will seriously weaken a defense. You have to practice the pass all the time. Your defense never gets to see the run during the week. When Nov. and Dec rolls around the weather will play an important roll also. If you are 70% run then thats much better.

Running the ball then will win championships. Because the defensive side is aggressive and ready to roll that time of year.
Snare43 Wrote:To pass the ball 70% of the time will seriously weaken a defense. You have to practice the pass all the time. Your defense never gets to see the run during the week. When Nov. and Dec rolls around the weather will play an important roll also. If you are 70% run then thats much better.
I disagree. With a school the size of LCC, there can't be a bunch of 2 way starters. When W has the offense, the D coach should be working the D. I know you have to work them together some but during the week, W works the D and O seperately. I know we ain't in 5A but our D was pretty solid & we passed the ball quite a bit. Not 70% but a lot. It can and will work.
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next