•  Previous
  • 11(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Co. Central 2009
Snare43 Wrote:If you feel that confident that he is one of the best ever, so be it. You need to go back and read the post that I responded to.

Are you a family member or just the president of the fan club?

:rockon: Snare 43
Amped 88 Wrote:I don't think that you know what you are talking about I was there when Leslie County beat Bell County and Whitaker was told that he could have everything that Bell had on Cov Cath and he refused any help. You call that a good coach. IIf you might recall Bell County has more success against any of the teams up North than any other team in South Eastern KY. Bell beat Cov Cath in 1990, 1991 which won the title. Bell has beaten Highlands in 1991, 1993 and has played their tales off many other times more than anyone can say in S-Eastern KY. I am not saying that he isn't a good coach but he is definitely not one of the best. What did he do at Corbin he probably had on of the best teams Corbin had in a long time in 1996 and got beat by Mad. Southern in the second round of the playoffs. Christian County 2 years after he left went the finals and he had notheing to do with it. I understand tha you are a Whitaker fan but you evidently don't understand the game.

So you were there for the drubbing that year, I thought so.
Man that was along time ago, Let it go.
I never doubted Bell co. and Dudley is one of the BEST and you don't see me disputing that. Now if I wanted to be negative I could talk about "Watering down the field" or an "Illegle snap count" but I'm not on here to be negative.
P.C.Defense Wrote:So you were there for the drubbing that year, I thought so.
Man that was along time ago, Let it go.
I never doubted Bell co. and Dudley is one of the BEST and you don't see me disputing that. Now if I wanted to be negative I could talk about "Watering down the field" or an "Illegle snap count" but I'm not on here to be negative.

You still don't know what you are talking about you have never been on the drubbing end of Bell Co. And for yur information our field has never been watered down if you would come up there during the fall you will understand why it stays watered down. This has notheing to do with Bell county or Hilton you have said that Whitaker is one of the best coaches in the state and you don't even know what a coach is evidently. PC defense is that Powell Co come on. Quit tooting Whitakers horn and making him feel good about himself just give him a call and tell him in person. And by the way I remember drubbing Leslie in 91 and 93.
How is the line doing with the lifting coaches? Can't wait till passing league. When is it?
Amped 88 Wrote:You still don't know what you are talking about you have never been on the drubbing end of Bell Co. And for yur information our field has never been watered down if you would come up there during the fall you will understand why it stays watered down. This has notheing to do with Bell county or Hilton you have said that Whitaker is one of the best coaches in the state and you don't even know what a coach is evidently. PC defense is that Powell Co come on. Quit tooting Whitakers horn and making him feel good about himself just give him a call and tell him in person. And by the way I remember drubbing Leslie in 91 and 93.

I try to say positive things on my posts about teams, coaches and other opinions. We are all entitled to our opinions and that's the way it is.
I said L.C.C. was very fortunate to get a coach like Mike Whitaker and he is a geat coach. That's my opinion and alot of others as well. It must be Hillard Howard's opinion as well. You took personal offense to my coment and tried to make this some sort of a bash session, So I'm not going to stoop to the level of an obvious moron. I will give you some advice, Try being positive for a change. Say what you want to buddy but this is an L.C.C. thread and as long as their satisfied, That's really all that matters. BE POSITVE, YOU HAVE GOT TO STOP MAKING YOURSELF MISERABLE. You have a great day.(and try to be positive, you can do it)
P.C.Defense Wrote:I try to say positive things on my posts about teams, coaches and other opinions. We are all entitled to our opinions and that's the way it is.
I said L.C.C. was very fortunate to get a coach like Mike Whitaker and he is a geat coach. That's my opinion and alot of others as well. It must be Hillard Howard's opinion as well. You took personal offense to my coment and tried to make this some sort of a bash session, So I'm not going to stoop to the level of an obvious moron. I will give you some advice, Try being positive for a change. Say what you want to buddy but this is an L.C.C. thread and as long as their satisfied, That's really all that matters. BE POSITVE, YOU HAVE GOT TO STOP MAKING YOURSELF MISERABLE. You have a great day.(and try to be positive, you can do it)

I fyou will see other post that I have made I have never said the he wasn;t a good coach or not being positive. You are the one who said he was the one of the best in the state. I am not miserable we have a state title.:eyeroll:
P.C.Defense Wrote:I quoted you on the time frame. You are not being negative and that was not directed towards you about being negative. Coach Whitaker was there Tim's jr. year and they played Cov.Cath. in the state semi's in 94'. Beder was the head coach the following year and they lost to Highlands. I was speaking of the year before on which you quoted. But we know that now(LOL)

Thank you for the clarification. I'm sure as you look back at your post you can see why I thought you were saying that I was being negative or disrespectful to Whitaker.

By the way, the hoopla surrounding the playoff game Tim's senior year at Highlands was pretty cool. If I remember correctly, he was set to break some national record heading into the game. Place was packed with people and reporters. Some station flew its reporters in by helicopter which set down in the practice field nearby. Great environment for a high school football game. I think Tim ended up breaking the national record during the game. I've always been a Couch fan. The following year when UK's coach inserted him in the game against Florida at Florida, I had front row seats in the Swamp right behind UK's bench. When UK called an option coming towards UK's bench, Couch was clobbered. I remembered thinking: what in blue blazes are they doing having Couch try to run the option? Fortunately for Tim's health, UK stopped that silliness and let him start passing the ball.
charlie22 Wrote:Thank you for the clarification. I'm sure as you look back at your post you can see why I thought you were saying that I was being negative or disrespectful to Whitaker.

By the way, the hoopla surrounding the playoff game Tim's senior year at Highlands was pretty cool. If I remember correctly, he was set to break some national record heading into the game. Place was packed with people and reporters. Some station flew its reporters in by helicopter which set down in the practice field nearby. Great environment for a high school football game. I think Tim ended up breaking the national record during the game. I've always been a Couch fan. The following year when UK's coach inserted him in the game against Florida at Florida, I had front row seats in the Swamp right behind UK's bench. When UK called an option coming towards UK's bench, Couch was clobbered. I remembered thinking: what in blue blazes are they doing having Couch try to run the option? Fortunately for Tim's health, UK stopped that silliness and let him start passing the ball.

Yeah, Didn't Leslie beat Highlands in the rec bowl 1st game, I may be wrong but seems like they played them twice that year. Also seems like Sheldon Clark beat them that year and Hopkinsville blew them out. I'm not positive but I think they lost 3 games that year.
charlie22 Wrote:Thank you for the clarification. I'm sure as you look back at your post you can see why I thought you were saying that I was being negative or disrespectful to Whitaker.

I'm sorry but Bill Curry has got to be the absolute worste coach U.K. ever had...
:ChairHit:
P.C.Defense Wrote:Yeah, Didn't Leslie beat Highlands in the rec bowl 1st game, I may be wrong but seems like they played them twice that year. Also seems like Sheldon Clark beat them that year and Hopkinsville blew them out. I'm not positive but I think they lost 3 games that year.

Correct about the first match up results. Leslie won 44-42 in a shoot out. In the playoff rematch, Highlands won something like 47-12 or 14. Highlands eventually lost to Bowling Green that year in the state game. The Purples had one heck of a football team that year.
Who was the good tailback Highlands had that year?
When is the football camp?
Did a great job at camp. Congrats to cougars on doing great down there.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Aslan Wrote:I think Perry beats them again this year.

I wish I could be loud and obnoxious in my response (just like your PA man)...but I won't stoop to that low Perry Co. level...

I just don't see Perry Co. Central beating LCC, especially at LCC.
I hope when they run out on the field, they have laundry baskets in there hands cause that is all I heard last year was "taking out the garbage". Cougars by 3td's at LCC.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

I agree, Perry Central has their QB back but they lost most of their other key players. Payback is coming Commodores.
All I can say is that our P.A will act a lot more professional.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

OrangenowBlue Wrote:I agree, Perry Central has their QB back but they lost most of their other key players. Payback is coming Commodores.

Who was the key players perry lost ? They lost Travis whice was big. But have some good young stronger and faster that will fill the spot. Perry has been lifting hard all winter. This is something Perry has never done in the off season in a long time. I think it will be a good game.:Thumbs:
kymom Wrote:Who was the key players perry lost ? They lost Travis whice was big. But have some good young stronger and faster that will fill the spot. Perry has been lifting hard all winter. This is something Perry has never done in the off season in a long time. I think it will be a good game.:Thumbs:

pcc lost their defensive coord.
Thats likely a good thing since they really had no defense. PCC is trying to make it some kind of rival but its never going to be. LCC is way above that. Take your one win and ride it while it last Dore's. You are a B-ball school and that's a good thing so stay that way.
:Thumbs::rockon: Well said!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

they will be stronger and faster.
P.C.Defense Wrote:I'm sorry but Bill Curry has got to be the absolute worste coach U.K. ever had...
:ChairHit:

He did lead to a bowl game and almost won it (thank you Marty Moore)......and several miserable seasons
What has that got to do with LCC?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

cougarpride08 Wrote:What has that got to do with LCC?

I was trying to put a closing statement on an off topic discussion.
perry will be a lot better than what you think they will be. They have been liftin and there a lot stronger. and will you guys get over the PA. but i'll take perry by a TD
:thatsfunn Whatever!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Once again the Picasso of the mountains(Jordan Amis) will embarass the cougars like last year and the commodores will prevail
Hilbily Wrote:Thats likely a good thing since they really had no defense. PCC is trying to make it some kind of rival but its never going to be. LCC is way above that. Take your one win and ride it while it last Dore's. You are a B-ball school and that's a good thing so stay that way.

How can you not see it as a rivalry its district 8 in class 5A and especially aftert last years game
king360 Wrote:How can you not see it as a rivalry its district 8 in class 5A and especially aftert last years game

For it to constitute a competitive rivalry. Perry Central will have to beat Letcher Central more games. This was the first time Perry Central has ever beaten Letcher Central or even Whitesburg(pre-consolidation)
  •  Previous
  • 11(current)
  • Next