Rate This Thread - Floyd Central 2017.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 02-21-2017, 07:04 PM
Water Boy
Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
football-junkie 01 is on a distinguished road
Athletics have very low priority with the Floyd county board of education. Very sad to see. Plenty of good athletes in the county.
Send a private message to football-junkie 01 Add football-junkie 01 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 02-22-2017, 06:06 PM
Water Boy
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Thirsty Dog is on a distinguished road
Just checking back to see what's up with a coaching staff. Evedently no one hired yet. So, they dropped Paintsville or they were never scheduled. That leaves seven games. Maybe this job is not attractive as they might think. From what people are saying, AC had a large group of seniors. SF didn't win a game. Not a hotbed for talent and playing in a district that has physical teams. This program may get slammed before it gets started.
Send a private message to Thirsty Dog Add Thirsty Dog to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 08:23 AM
Water Boy
Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts
Football_Maniac is on a distinguished road
Are there any front runners? Outside of the district being so tough, surely this could lure a decent Coach looking for an opportunity at a new spot with excitement around it?
Send a private message to Football_Maniac Add Football_Maniac to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 08:58 AM
Cheerleader
Liked 76 Times in 54 Posts
Blacksmith is on a distinguished road
Whoever it is personally I think the coaching staff has already been decided to be honest. I think it was decides some time ago..School board jobs are "posted" because they have to be, often times they have someone in mind well before a job is posted. Not just coaches but all positions. Seen it too many times.
Wyatt Earp (02-23-2017)
Send a private message to Blacksmith Add Blacksmith to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 09:57 AM
Scout Team
Liked 76 Times in 61 Posts
WILDCAT NATION is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Blacksmith View Post
Whoever it is personally I think the coaching staff has already been decided to be honest. I think it was decides some time ago..School board jobs are "posted" because they have to be, often times they have someone in mind well before a job is posted. Not just coaches but all positions. Seen it too many times.
I agree that it's probably already done but I wonder who is working with the returning kids from both schools in the off season? If no one has been doing anything they are in for a long season in that district. It will be between them and Sheldon Clark to see who gets to travel to the #1 seed in the playoffs and who starts basketball.
Wyatt Earp (02-23-2017)
Send a private message to WILDCAT NATION Add WILDCAT NATION to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 11:08 AM
Equipment Manager
Liked 14 Times in 12 Posts
WinkWinkler is on a distinguished road
Wont be Sheldon Clark. They are not in district play. Floyd Central will get the privilege of being Belfry's whipping boys.
Send a private message to WinkWinkler Add WinkWinkler to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 11:23 AM
2nd String
Liked 163 Times in 120 Posts
OutlawJoseyWales is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by WinkWinkler View Post
Wont be Sheldon Clark. They are not in district play. Floyd Central will get the privilege of being Belfry's whipping boys.

Sheldon Clark is back in district play for 2017. Still hearing Shawn Hager's name tied to the Floyd Co Central job FWIW.
WILDCAT NATION (02-25-2017), Wyatt Earp (02-24-2017)
Send a private message to OutlawJoseyWales Add OutlawJoseyWales to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 10:45 AM
Cheerleader
I know this dosnt pertain to football but I listened to the boys basketball game last night..There is a whole bunch of starters from both teams returning next year. Im kind of excited to see what they can put together. Same for the football team. I look forward to see what this new program can do after a little seasoning and hopefully good coaching.
Wyatt Earp (02-26-2017)
Send a private message to Blacksmith Add Blacksmith to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 01:35 PM
Cheerleader
Maybe, just maybe p-burg will stop loosing so many transfers to paintsville and will loose them to Floyd Central. I've talked to several young athletes dads that told me now that it's an option that's were they will likely go.
Old 03-06-2017, 02:31 PM
Cheerleader
Floyd central jobs were just posted by the system and close on the 15th
Old 03-07-2017, 08:56 AM
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
NOTORIOUS2 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by eagles2011 View Post
Will p,burg be on the schedule for Jenny Wiley day or red white blue ,
That would be fun.
always loved when JC & Paintsville had the apple bowl!
SportsSportsSports (03-07-2017)
Send a private message to NOTORIOUS2 Add NOTORIOUS2 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 11:44 AM
Lacks the ability to love

Liked 600 Times in 416 Posts
Real Badman is on a distinguished road
No football position on the FCS website.
Old 03-07-2017, 12:56 PM
Cheerleader
Originally Posted by Real Badman View Post
No football position on the FCS website.
Your right there is not, they left that blank on the flyer as well or changed it. The word "Football" is there but nothing behind it other than cheerleading sponsor.
Id guess that means its filled?
Old 03-07-2017, 03:15 PM
Head Coach
Liked 923 Times in 626 Posts
TigerBlues is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Thirsty Dog View Post
Just checking back to see what's up with a coaching staff. Evedently no one hired yet. So, they dropped Paintsville or they were never scheduled. That leaves seven games. Maybe this job is not attractive as they might think. From what people are saying, AC had a large group of seniors. SF didn't win a game. Not a hotbed for talent and playing in a district that has physical teams. This program may get slammed before it gets started.

Never scheduled ? For real ?
Send a private message to TigerBlues Add TigerBlues to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 04:21 PM

Liked 741 Times in 577 Posts
Spud6 is a jewel in the roughSpud6 is a jewel in the roughSpud6 is a jewel in the rough
Is it odd that a coach hasn't been hired yet?

Are kids at South Floyd and Allen Central participating in after school weightlifting like all other schools are at this time?
Send a private message to Spud6 Add Spud6 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 05:13 PM
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
NOTORIOUS2 is on a distinguished road
True
Send a private message to NOTORIOUS2 Add NOTORIOUS2 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 08:44 PM
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
SportsSportsSports is on a distinguished road
No one is hired yet. Jobs still posted..
Send a private message to SportsSportsSports Add SportsSportsSports to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 11:25 AM
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Texans_99 is on a distinguished road
Should have some good athletes but I think it will take some building before they become competitive.
Send a private message to Texans_99 Add Texans_99 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 11:57 AM
Water Boy
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
jgrlzz is on a distinguished road
Does anyone have their schedule yet, with dates?
Send a private message to jgrlzz Add jgrlzz to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 04:43 PM
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Blackcat_2008 is on a distinguished road
Does anyone know if there is some kind of conditioning program going on for the players at AC and SF? Passing tournaments and spring practices should be starting soon shouldn't they?
Send a private message to Blackcat_2008 Add Blackcat_2008 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 05:48 PM
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Blackcat_2008 is on a distinguished road
Was wondering about their schedule as well and if other teams in the area put them on their schedule already.
Send a private message to Blackcat_2008 Add Blackcat_2008 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 03:10 PM
Scout Team
Did I see right that, in the latest enrollment information from the March KHSAA meeting and discussions, Floyd Central now has a 2A classification next to their name for football? Someone please correct me if I read that in error. (page 4 of all school by enrollment). Shows average boys at 359 but a 2A classification.
Send a private message to WILDCAT NATION Add WILDCAT NATION to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:14 PM
Cheerleader
Originally Posted by WILDCAT NATION View Post
Did I see right that, in the latest enrollment information from the March KHSAA meeting and discussions, Floyd Central now has a 2A classification next to their name for football? Someone please correct me if I read that in error. (page 4 of all school by enrollment). Shows average boys at 359 but a 2A classification.
2A, really? that dosnt sound right.. Thee was an article from maybe 5 months back in the Floyd county times that said they were placed in 3A.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:03 PM
Scout Team
Originally Posted by Blacksmith View Post
2A, really? that dosnt sound right.. Thee was an article from maybe 5 months back in the Floyd county times that said they were placed in 3A.
Go to the KHSAA Board of Control agenda and meeting minutes from March 2017. There are enrollment numbers for football and track. Right by Floyd Central is 2A. These are updated as well because Allen Central and South Floyd are not on there. There are several schools in the area that have a lower projected enrollment than FC that are currently 3A in EKY. Some actually have 2A numbers. If this is true and I am one of those schools (Sheldon Clark, Magoffin, Breathitt, Knott, and Morgan are all lower in enrollment) I am asking some serious questions now.

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Football