Rate This Thread - Who's Next ?.


Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 03-10-2017, 09:18 AM
TheRealThing's Avatar
TheRealThing TheRealThing is offline
Hall of Fame

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,480
Likes: 675
Liked 964 Times in 801 Posts
TheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the rough
Default
Originally Posted by The Urban Sombrero View Post
⬆️ The GOP had better at least consider that its current standard bearer is closerthanthis to any number of "uh oh that's indisputable proof" ties to any number of "enemies foreign and domestic" conflicts of interest.


No now you're still confused, that was Hillary and she got beat. And if people like me had anything to say about it, she'd suffer a lot worse inconvenience than just having her portrait removed from the walls of the White House.

But in your above quoted spate of ridiculousness, you demonstrate perfectly why Republicans need to stop trying to be all inclusive with the belligerent left and get on with their agenda. The people didn't elect them to mollycoddle the intellectually irretrievable, they elected them (and now Trump) to restore some semblance of sanity. Their vote put Republicans in power, and Dems have been in a state of self deluded denial ever since. The last thing codependency prone Republicans need to do now, is allow those whom the voter have just rejected to continue to define the direction of this country. I mean, Dems will never stop lying and distorting the truth. So if the voter dialed out the baloney and voted them out to start this whole thing, they'll rise up again when Republicans need them provided they get on with it.

Here's hoping I get to cancel many a vote of yours over the next 16 years. And like I said, I just hope it bothers you half as much as you act like it does.
__________________
Send a private message to TheRealThing Add TheRealThing to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

  #62  
Old 03-11-2017, 11:59 AM
vector vector is offline
Starter
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,120
Likes: 112
Liked 103 Times in 92 Posts
vector is on a distinguished road
Default
Vladimir Putin Just arrested on White House Grounds I heard he was trying to get to Donald

Obamacare ? 7 days and still NO PROOF Obama wire tapped Donald's Tower
Likes: (1)
Gitback Coach (03-13-2017)
Send a private message to vector Add vector to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 03-11-2017, 12:26 PM
Hoot Gibson Hoot Gibson is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 9,208
Likes: 725
Liked 1,425 Times in 1,020 Posts
Hoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really nice
Default
Originally Posted by vector View Post
Vladimir Putin Just arrested on White House Grounds I heard he was trying to get to Donald

Obamacare ? 7 days and still NO PROOF Obama wire tapped Donald's Tower
More proof that you are the dimmest of wits.
Send a private message to Hoot Gibson Add Hoot Gibson to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 03-11-2017, 04:28 PM
The Urban Sombrero The Urban Sombrero is offline
Head Coach
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 2,559
Likes: 2
Liked 1,095 Times in 1,069 Posts
The Urban Sombrero has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default
Originally Posted by TheRealThing View Post
No now you're still confused, that was Hillary and she got beat. And if people like me had anything to say about it, she'd suffer a lot worse inconvenience than just having her portrait removed from the walls of the White House.

But in your above quoted spate of ridiculousness, you demonstrate perfectly why Republicans need to stop trying to be all inclusive with the belligerent left and get on with their agenda. The people didn't elect them to mollycoddle the intellectually irretrievable, they elected them (and now Trump) to restore some semblance of sanity. Their vote put Republicans in power, and Dems have been in a state of self deluded denial ever since. The last thing codependency prone Republicans need to do now, is allow those whom the voter have just rejected to continue to define the direction of this country. I mean, Dems will never stop lying and distorting the truth. So if the voter dialed out the baloney and voted them out to start this whole thing, they'll rise up again when Republicans need them provided they get on with it.

Here's hoping I get to cancel many a vote of yours over the next 16 years. And like I said, I just hope it bothers you half as much as you act like it does.
Ah, poor, blind Patti Partisan, yakkity yak: we'll see.
Send a private message to The Urban Sombrero Add The Urban Sombrero to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 03-11-2017, 05:18 PM
TheRealThing's Avatar
TheRealThing TheRealThing is offline
Hall of Fame

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,480
Likes: 675
Liked 964 Times in 801 Posts
TheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the rough
Default
Originally Posted by The Urban Sombrero View Post
Ah, poor, blind Patti Partisan, yakkity yak: we'll see.



Well, by your own admission you and mr.fundamental pretty much run the same circles. It's all a matter of personal integrity I suppose, (or as in the case of a liberal, personal self delusion). And I know day is finally dawning after 8 years of darkness, but before I'd come on here crowing in mock victory I'd at least try to molt those goose feathers.

Incredibly you did manage to get one thing right, we will see to be sure. The problem I see though, is if you're lacking enough to be able to willfully ignore the origins of all this baloney to the point where you're now a bona fide convert, what could possibly shake you enough to snap you back to reality?
__________________
Send a private message to TheRealThing Add TheRealThing to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 03-17-2017, 10:16 AM
vector vector is offline
Starter
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,120
Likes: 112
Liked 103 Times in 92 Posts
vector is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by Granny Bear View Post
Oh dear!! Could Obama be "the next one"???

Can you say Obamagate???
13 days and STILL NO PROOF OF OBAMAGATE
CLUELESS
Send a private message to vector Add vector to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 03-17-2017, 12:02 PM
TheRealThing's Avatar
TheRealThing TheRealThing is offline
Hall of Fame

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,480
Likes: 675
Liked 964 Times in 801 Posts
TheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the rough
Default
Originally Posted by vector View Post
13 days and STILL NO PROOF OF OBAMAGATE
CLUELESS


Really, no proof at all huh? Obama ordered the NSA to share raw information gathering data, (even if it was known to be false or too fantastic to be credible) among 16-ish of the intelligence gathering agencies of the federal government. This action reportedly, was his way of slamming the door on his way out of office and was meant to give deep staters the fodder they might need to make the new President's life as miserable as possible. Not to mention the fact that it had never been done before. And although I haven't heard much on it, I wouldn't be shocked to learn that the afore mentioned action contributed in some way to the exposure of the CIA's handbook of surveillance techniques being leaked to our enemies. But following is the link to support Obama's efforts to use the intelligence community against Trump.

EXCERPT---
"With only days until Donald Trump takes office, the Obama administration on Thursday announced new rules that will let the NSA share vast amounts of private data gathered without warrant, court orders or congressional authorization with 16 other agencies, including the FBI, the Drug Enforcement Agency, and the Department of Homeland Security.

The new rules allow employees doing intelligence work for those agencies to sift through raw data collected under a broad, Reagan-era executive order that gives the NSA virtually unlimited authority to intercept communications abroad. Previously, NSA analysts would filter out information they deemed irrelevant and mask the names of innocent Americans before passing it along."
https://theintercept.com/2017/01/13/...ime-for-trump/


But don't try to act like the Obama Administration is above anything like this vector. Professional reporter Sharyl Attkisson's work PC was bugged because her work was critical of the Obama Adminstration:

EXCERPT---
The breaches on Attkisson’s computer, says this source, are coming from a “sophisticated entity that used commercial, nonattributable spyware that’s proprietary to a government agency: either the CIA, FBI, the Defense Intelligence Agency, or the National Security Agency (NSA).” Attkisson learns from “Number One” that one intrusion was launched from the WiFi at a Ritz Carlton Hotel and the “intruders discovered my Skype account handle, stole the password, activated the audio, and made heavy use of it, presumably as a listening tool.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.5298f4795f1a

And James Rosen of FOX News was treated with an even higher degree of outrageous government spying:

EXCERPT---
"Fox News reporter James Rosen was labeled a criminal co-conspirator by Obama attorney general Eric Holder for his reporting on North Korea’s nuclear capability."
http://www.conservativedailynews.com...ely-plausible/


Aside from what we know, the President has said his Administration will shortly be sharing the evidence they have to support his claim. I might pull those horns in a bit until then if I was you.
__________________
Send a private message to TheRealThing Add TheRealThing to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 03-17-2017, 12:12 PM
vector vector is offline
Starter
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,120
Likes: 112
Liked 103 Times in 92 Posts
vector is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by TheRealThing View Post
Really, no proof at all huh? Obama ordered the NSA to share raw information gathering data, (even if it was known to be false or too fantastic to be credible) among 16-ish of the intelligence gathering agencies of the federal government. This action reportedly, was his way of slamming the door on his way out of office and was meant to give deep staters the fodder they might need to make the new President's life as miserable as possible. Not to mention the fact that it had never been done before. And although I haven't heard much on it, I wouldn't be shocked to learn that the afore mentioned action contributed in some way to the exposure of the CIA's handbook of surveillance techniques being leaked to our enemies. But following is the link to support Obama's efforts to use the intelligence community against Trump.

EXCERPT---
"With only days until Donald Trump takes office, the Obama administration on Thursday announced new rules that will let the NSA share vast amounts of private data gathered without warrant, court orders or congressional authorization with 16 other agencies, including the FBI, the Drug Enforcement Agency, and the Department of Homeland Security.

The new rules allow employees doing intelligence work for those agencies to sift through raw data collected under a broad, Reagan-era executive order that gives the NSA virtually unlimited authority to intercept communications abroad. Previously, NSA analysts would filter out information they deemed irrelevant and mask the names of innocent Americans before passing it along."
https://theintercept.com/2017/01/13/...ime-for-trump/


But don't try to act like the Obama Administration is above anything like this vector. Professional reporter Sharyl Attkisson's work PC was bugged because her work was critical of the Obama Adminstration:

EXCERPT---
The breaches on Attkisson’s computer, says this source, are coming from a “sophisticated entity that used commercial, nonattributable spyware that’s proprietary to a government agency: either the CIA, FBI, the Defense Intelligence Agency, or the National Security Agency (NSA).” Attkisson learns from “Number One” that one intrusion was launched from the WiFi at a Ritz Carlton Hotel and the “intruders discovered my Skype account handle, stole the password, activated the audio, and made heavy use of it, presumably as a listening tool.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.5298f4795f1a

And James Rosen of FOX News was treated with an even higher degree of outrageous government spying:

EXCERPT---
"Fox News reporter James Rosen was labeled a criminal co-conspirator by Obama attorney general Eric Holder for his reporting on North Korea’s nuclear capability."
http://www.conservativedailynews.com...ely-plausible/


Aside from what we know, the President has said his Administration will shortly be sharing the evidence they have to support his claim. I might pull those horns in a bit until then if I was you.
So it looks like you are getting your intelligence reports from the same source as Donald Fox,Sean Hannity and the National Enquirer
All Donald has to do is make a couple of phone calls and this will be decided but instead he just runs off at the mouth like he has so many times

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dona...etapping_claim

This should satisfy Hoot since he has stole from the taxpayers for years

In a succession of tweets on March 4, President Donald Trump stated, without evidence,[2] that he wanted an investigation into Barack Obama, claiming that the former president had wiretapped the phones in his offices at Trump Tower during the last months of the 2016 election.[1] Trump compared the alleged intrusion to McCarthyism and Watergate. Anonymous White House officials told The Washington Post that Trump did not appear to coordinate his comments with other White House officials.[

You do know he is over all the intelligence agencies now ?
Send a private message to vector Add vector to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 03-17-2017, 02:16 PM
TheRealThing's Avatar
TheRealThing TheRealThing is offline
Hall of Fame

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,480
Likes: 675
Liked 964 Times in 801 Posts
TheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the rough
Default
Originally Posted by vector View Post
So it looks like you are getting your intelligence reports from the same source as Donald Fox,Sean Hannity and the National Enquirer
All Donald has to do is make a couple of phone calls and this will be decided but instead he just runs off at the mouth like he has so many times

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dona...etapping_claim

This should satisfy Hoot since he has stole from the taxpayers for years

In a succession of tweets on March 4, President Donald Trump stated, without evidence,[2] that he wanted an investigation into Barack Obama, claiming that the former president had wiretapped the phones in his offices at Trump Tower during the last months of the 2016 election.[1] Trump compared the alleged intrusion to McCarthyism and Watergate. Anonymous White House officials told The Washington Post that Trump did not appear to coordinate his comments with other White House officials.[

You do know he is over all the intelligence agencies now ?


No, really? Explain to us all about it there vector.

Tell you what I do know, no amount of proof will ever knock that liberal chip off your shoulder. And you're totally ignoring the lead of the union labor heads like Richard Trumka, all of whom now support President Trump's labor agenda. And I know Jeff Bezos owns The Washington Post outright and is openly biased against President Trump, as is New York Times owner, Mexican billionaire and illegal immigration activist, Carlos Slim. Now let me ask you a rhetorical question; You do know your opinions line up with those who're actively engaged in the dissolution of US sovereignty?
__________________
Send a private message to TheRealThing Add TheRealThing to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 03-17-2017, 02:35 PM
vector vector is offline
Starter
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,120
Likes: 112
Liked 103 Times in 92 Posts
vector is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by TheRealThing View Post
No, really? Explain to us all about it there vector.

Tell you what I do know, no amount of proof will ever knock that liberal chip off your shoulder. And you're totally ignoring the lead of the union labor heads like Richard Trumka, all of whom now support President Trump's labor agenda. And I know Jeff Bezos owns The Washington Post outright and is openly biased against President Trump, as is New York Times owner, Mexican billionaire and illegal immigration activist, Carlos Slim. Now let me ask you a rhetorical question; You do know your opinions line up with those who're actively engaged in the dissolution of US sovereignty?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sovereignty

Sovereignty is understood in jurisprudence as the full right and power of a governing body to govern itself without any interference from outside sources or bodies. In political theory, sovereignty is a substantive term designating supreme authority over some polity.[1] It is a basic principle underlying the dominant Westphalian model of state foundation.

Don't think so


http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...veillance.html

Senate Select Committee on Intelligence Chairman Richard Burr, R-N.C., and Vice Chairman Mark Warner, D-Va., issued the statement only hours after Trump told Fox News’ Tucker Carlson that he would be providing evidence of his claims “very soon.”

“Based on the information available to us, we see no indications that Trump Tower was the subject of surveillance by any element of the United States government either before or after Election Day 2016,” the statement from Burr and Warner said.

The language used by the senators was a degree more definitive than that used by House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes, R-Calif., who Wednesday said his committee didn’t “have any evidence” wiretapping took place.

Nunes also said there was no “actual tap of Trump Tower,” saying he believed Trump was discussing surveillance in a broad sense when he sent his initial tweet. He added that communications by Trump aides may have been gathered as part of "incidental" collection.

Donald is over all the intelligence agencies 1 phone call would be all it takes to see who is telling the truth or lying

But he thinks he can say anything he wants and there are no consequences but he is the president now the lying must stop

Until he actually has somebody from one of the intelligence agencies says they have proof Obama wire tapped his tower or phone I believe that's what he actually said

He is a liar simple

Just imagine if Obama come out and blamed Bush for wire tapping his phones **** they would try to impeach him

And by the way I did work under the Reagan Administration and it wasn't good killed the middle class and unions
Send a private message to vector Add vector to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 03-17-2017, 03:41 PM
TheRealThing's Avatar
TheRealThing TheRealThing is offline
Hall of Fame

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,480
Likes: 675
Liked 964 Times in 801 Posts
TheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the rough
Default
Originally Posted by vector View Post
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sovereignty

Sovereignty is understood in jurisprudence as the full right and power of a governing body to govern itself without any interference from outside sources or bodies. In political theory, sovereignty is a substantive term designating supreme authority over some polity.[1] It is a basic principle underlying the dominant Westphalian model of state foundation.

Don't think so


http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...veillance.html

Senate Select Committee on Intelligence Chairman Richard Burr, R-N.C., and Vice Chairman Mark Warner, D-Va., issued the statement only hours after Trump told Fox News’ Tucker Carlson that he would be providing evidence of his claims “very soon.”

“Based on the information available to us, we see no indications that Trump Tower was the subject of surveillance by any element of the United States government either before or after Election Day 2016,” the statement from Burr and Warner said.

The language used by the senators was a degree more definitive than that used by House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes, R-Calif., who Wednesday said his committee didn’t “have any evidence” wiretapping took place.

Nunes also said there was no “actual tap of Trump Tower,” saying he believed Trump was discussing surveillance in a broad sense when he sent his initial tweet. He added that communications by Trump aides may have been gathered as part of "incidental" collection.

Donald is over all the intelligence agencies 1 phone call would be all it takes to see who is telling the truth or lying

But he thinks he can say anything he wants and there are no consequences but he is the president now the lying must stop

Until he actually has somebody from one of the intelligence agencies says they have proof Obama wire tapped his tower or phone I believe that's what he actually said

He is a liar simple

Just imagine if Obama come out and blamed Bush for wire tapping his phones **** they would try to impeach him

And by the way I did work under the Reagan Administration and it wasn't good killed the middle class and unions


It's good to see you're taking the first steps of greater awareness in using Wiki. I'll not respond to most of your post because it's just a repeat of the same distortions over and over. However, your last statement did catch my eye.

I worked under the Reagan Administration too. In fact though, it was during the Carter Administration that I built my first new home. I was one of the lucky ones who chose to lock in my rate at 9%. Many of my associates and friends unfortunately went the variable interest route which, at the time of my loan was about 6.75%. A few years saw those rates explode past 10% and most were foreclosed on. During that four year stint (1976-1980) work was dead, but inflation and interest rates soared up into the teens. By December of 1979 (Carter's last year) the inflation rate was 13.2 % and utility rates were unaffordable. Meanwhile, the prime fixed home mortgage rate was 12.9%.

Under Reagan by June of 1985 money had loosened up dramatically and the inflation rate had dropped to only 3.76%. And while the mortgage rate was still high, (12.2%) they had dropped to the 6-7% range by the time of the Clinton Era midterm. I don't know where you're at, but here in this valley the availability of good paying jobs during the Reagan tenure improved greatly. I was almost never out of work after Reagan's election. Reagan brought back equality of opportunity, not easy living. And if one was determined enough, he could land a job. Anybody saying otherwise is likely one of those who expects everything to be handed to him. It's a hard world out there, a man has to be willing to stick his chin out.
__________________
Send a private message to TheRealThing Add TheRealThing to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 03-19-2017, 03:26 PM
vector vector is offline
Starter
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,120
Likes: 112
Liked 103 Times in 92 Posts
vector is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by TheRealThing View Post
It's good to see you're taking the first steps of greater awareness in using Wiki. I'll not respond to most of your post because it's just a repeat of the same distortions over and over. However, your last statement did catch my eye.

I worked under the Reagan Administration too. In fact though, it was during the Carter Administration that I built my first new home. I was one of the lucky ones who chose to lock in my rate at 9%. Many of my associates and friends unfortunately went the variable interest route which, at the time of my loan was about 6.75%. A few years saw those rates explode past 10% and most were foreclosed on. During that four year stint (1976-1980) work was dead, but inflation and interest rates soared up into the teens. By December of 1979 (Carter's last year) the inflation rate was 13.2 % and utility rates were unaffordable. Meanwhile, the prime fixed home mortgage rate was 12.9%.



Under Reagan by June of 1985 money had loosened up dramatically and the inflation rate had dropped to only 3.76%. And while the mortgage rate was still high, (12.2%) they had dropped to the 6-7% range by the time of the Clinton Era midterm. I don't know where you're at, but here in this valley the availability of good paying jobs during the Reagan tenure improved greatly. I was almost never out of work after Reagan's election. Reagan brought back equality of opportunity, not easy living. And if one was determined enough, he could land a job. Anybody saying otherwise is likely one of those who expects everything to be handed to him. It's a hard world out there, a man has to be willing to stick his chin out.
I also started under the Carter administration made big money then the Ronald took over some of the toughest times I ever worked under in FACT the toughest times this fall makes me 40 years underground there are very few of us work that long in a underground coal mines so YES I have stuck my chin out and it is still out there and Ronald made it tougher and I agree with you the world is tough but there are a lot of people who work every day and will lose there health care under Donald's and Ryann's plan
Send a private message to vector Add vector to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 03-20-2017, 01:42 AM
The Urban Sombrero The Urban Sombrero is offline
Head Coach
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 2,559
Likes: 2
Liked 1,095 Times in 1,069 Posts
The Urban Sombrero has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default
While TRT likes to hold that EITHER one thing is true OR another, this carrying over of his religious convictions into political debates is, really, foolish. A great many people did better under Reagan's trickle down economic theories. However, a good number of working people did not. Both are equally true. In my view, the overall zeitgeist of the country under Reagan improved because the man himself, whether you liked his policies or not, had presence and communicated love and respect of country. I do not yet see in President Trump anything remotely Reaganesque. However, I think each President deserves more than 60 days to establish what their presence and style and leadership mean for the country.
Send a private message to The Urban Sombrero Add The Urban Sombrero to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 03-20-2017, 12:27 PM
TheRealThing's Avatar
TheRealThing TheRealThing is offline
Hall of Fame

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,480
Likes: 675
Liked 964 Times in 801 Posts
TheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the rough
Default
Originally Posted by vector View Post
I also started under the Carter administration made big money then the Ronald took over some of the toughest times I ever worked under in FACT the toughest times this fall makes me 40 years underground there are very few of us work that long in a underground coal mines so YES I have stuck my chin out and it is still out there and Ronald made it tougher and I agree with you the world is tough but there are a lot of people who work every day and will lose there health care under Donald's and Ryann's plan

I have nothing but respect for any man who makes his own way in the world.

You made good money because at the time, electrical power had been successfully marketed as being the most economical energy source, which at the time was produced using coal. I remember the advertising blitz all too well. Heat Pumps were the new clean alternative for residential cooling and heating needs and were all the rage, and the reason? Natural gas production had dropped off the cliff because of federal regulations. These regulations, called 'Wellhead Price Controls,' had several effects. The first of which was to drive down the price of natural gas, which for a time made it a wildly popular energy source. But the same controls which made it cheap, also meant that the companies who sold natural gas could not afford to explore for new natural gas reserves. Thus natural gas fell into short supply, though the price remained fixed.

Now, under the afore mentioned regulations which were in effect from 1954-1978, natural gas shipped across state lines were subject to the 'Wellhead Regs' while natural gas which stayed in-state and sold to local consumers was not. The shortages were therefore confined to specific regions. In our region, there was not enough natural gas to meet demand. Coal however was abundant, and the new heat pump technology looked tailor made to take advantage of the fuel we had. Therefore during the 60's & 70's Kentucky saw an explosion of coal mine production, coal hauling, and coal usage. So much so that the Big Sandy Power Plant at Louisa, Kentucky, commissioned a new coal fired unit in 1969. There is a very good reason why every industrial concern in this land has a full fledged legal department. Being able to make money in the US depends on proper interpretation and the ability to foresee opportunity created by regulations. Companies can actually use federal regs to gain advantage with their competition.

1978 saw new regulations come down: "In November of 1978, at the peak of the natural gas supply shortages, Congress enacted legislation known as the Natural Gas Policy Act (NGPA), as part of broader legislation known as the National Energy Act (NEA). Realizing that those price controls that had been put in place to protect consumers from potential monopoly pricing had now come full circle to hurt consumers in the form of natural gas shortages, the federal government sought through the NGPA to revise the federal regulation of the sale of natural gas."
http://naturalgas.org/regulation/history/ At this point area industry began to react to these new regs and things began to change accordingly.

When I came up as a young apprentice in the building trades, industrial work was plentiful. At some point though, the law of supply and demand caused new plant/mill construction to fall off the map and I had to seek out new frontiers. From that day forward, I found that commercial work (though not quite as high paying) would become the mainstay of my career. Politicians are always monkeying around with regulating industry and sometimes they get it wrong. In our day those who get it wrong have perfected blaming others for their own failures to an art form. But the rift between Republicans and Democrats which from that day eventually led to the present state of contempt was natural and preformed, because Dems had already been making a living for decades on billing themselves as the representatives of the working class. The working class who like everybody else at the time, actually trusted their elected representatives, and believed it when they were told it was the Republicans who were selling them out. They continued to believe it until November 8th, 2016, when the great Midwestern Democrat fire wall (the rust belt) caved in and voted for DJT.

It's never a good idea to believe only what one party tells you. Dems have gotten Nancy Pelosi, Maxine Waters and other left wing nut jobs for their misplaced and undying trust. And I believe John McCain and Paul Ryan could be just as 'out-there,' if conservatives were to blindly buy into their leadership. We are a self governing people, and as such we should not think there will come a time when the responsibility that comes with self governance will ever lessen in scope. In fact, I believe the opposite is true and the longer this republic goes on, the more closely we will have to be involved with the affairs of state, especially with our votes.
__________________
Send a private message to TheRealThing Add TheRealThing to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 03-20-2017, 01:11 PM
TheRealThing's Avatar
TheRealThing TheRealThing is offline
Hall of Fame

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,480
Likes: 675
Liked 964 Times in 801 Posts
TheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the rough
Default
Originally Posted by The Urban Sombrero View Post
While TRT likes to hold that EITHER one thing is true OR another, this carrying over of his religious convictions into political debates is, really, foolish. A great many people did better under Reagan's trickle down economic theories. However, a good number of working people did not. Both are equally true. In my view, the overall zeitgeist of the country under Reagan improved because the man himself, whether you liked his policies or not, had presence and communicated love and respect of country. I do not yet see in President Trump anything remotely Reaganesque. However, I think each President deserves more than 60 days to establish what their presence and style and leadership mean for the country.


LOL, your gift for irony is boundless, is it more foolish to recognize the sovereignty of God, or to deny same? David Stockman, (the aide turned critic and foe of the Reagan Administration and coiner of the term 'trickle-down-economics,' of which you are so enamored) came on TV right before the election and stated categorically that the DJ average would fall more than 4,000 points should Trump be elected and would not recover. I mean, that's just one of the ridiculous predictions he made but let's give credit where it's due, Stockman is 0-fer on all his predictions of doom. Or as your former political hero might say, he hasn't been even a smidgeon right on any of this stuff yet.

But as I have told you repeatedly, one cannot compartmentalize truth. I don't nor would I need to 'carry over' truth. Truth occupies it's station in natural order because as God has said;
Isaiah 55:11 (KJV)
11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

If it's all the same to you or if it isn't, I will continue to build my impression of truth upon the foundation of His establishment. You are free to go your own way as it would seem you may be limited in recognizing the fact that spiritual truths are spiritually discerned; 1 Corinthians 2:14 (KJV)
14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

On the lighter side, in reading your post and the awkward integration of the word zeitgeist, I see you have discovered your new word of the day.
__________________
Send a private message to TheRealThing Add TheRealThing to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 03-20-2017, 03:44 PM
mr.fundamental mr.fundamental is offline
Statistician
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 157
Likes: 1
Liked 35 Times in 33 Posts
mr.fundamental is on a distinguished road
Default
TRT is pro-uterus. I got your back. I also hope you discuss how we are to share our possessions to all of those that have need. I further more hope you discuss the idea of the year of Jubilee. This is would be so awesome of a discussion!
Send a private message to mr.fundamental Add mr.fundamental to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 03-20-2017, 04:25 PM
TheRealThing's Avatar
TheRealThing TheRealThing is offline
Hall of Fame

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,480
Likes: 675
Liked 964 Times in 801 Posts
TheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the rough
Default
Originally Posted by mr.fundamental View Post
TRT is pro-uterus. I got your back. I also hope you discuss how we are to share our possessions to all of those that have need. I further more hope you discuss the idea of the year of Jubilee. This is would be so awesome of a discussion!


Hi there tvtimeout, how's life in the shadowy recesses of self delusion? I can't say I know for sure the exact origin of your reference. Likely though, you are confusing the account of the early Church having 'all things common,' which doesn't mean they gave those things held in common to people solely because they were poor. It means they shared those things with each other, that is other believers.

Jubilee applies or more aptly applied to the Jew only, never the Gentile. When the horn of Jubile sounded Jewish prisoners went free, slaves went free and mortgaged land returned to the original owner or to their descendants. We don't live under the law as did those Old Testament people, nor do their ordinances apply to us who live in the age of grace. Colossians 2:14 (KJV)
14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

We Christians are saved by grace and are not freed by the sounding of the Trumpet of Jubilee. We are freed by the shedding of Christ's own blood on the cross. The Jew on the other hand still faces along with the unsaved, a final 7 year stint known as the Great Tribulation or the time of Jacob's trouble, in which he will finally repent of his err which was the sin of idolatry. But since you believe you must sell all that you have to give to the poor, have you done so?
__________________
Send a private message to TheRealThing Add TheRealThing to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 03-20-2017, 10:19 PM
The Urban Sombrero The Urban Sombrero is offline
Head Coach
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 2,559
Likes: 2
Liked 1,095 Times in 1,069 Posts
The Urban Sombrero has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default
Originally Posted by TheRealThing View Post
LOL, your gift for irony is boundless, is it more foolish to recognize the sovereignty of God, or to deny same? David Stockman, (the aide turned critic and foe of the Reagan Administration and coiner of the term 'trickle-down-economics,' of which you are so enamored) came on TV right before the election and stated categorically that the DJ average would fall more than 4,000 points should Trump be elected and would not recover. I mean, that's just one of the ridiculous predictions he made but let's give credit where it's due, Stockman is 0-fer on all his predictions of doom. Or as your former political hero might say, he hasn't been even a smidgeon right on any of this stuff yet.

But as I have told you repeatedly, one cannot compartmentalize truth. I don't nor would I need to 'carry over' truth. Truth occupies it's station in natural order because as God has said;
Isaiah 55:11 (KJV)
11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

If it's all the same to you or if it isn't, I will continue to build my impression of truth upon the foundation of His establishment. You are free to go your own way as it would seem you may be limited in recognizing the fact that spiritual truths are spiritually discerned; 1 Corinthians 2:14 (KJV)
14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

On the lighter side, in reading your post and the awkward integration of the word zeitgeist, I see you have discovered your new word of the day.
Now, pray tell, TRT, what is "God's" position on pre-existing conditions? Here is a cancer drug. Only those with income enough to buy certain kinds of insurance can afford it. All others die earlier. Now, TRT, pray tell what is "God's" position on that? Nuance and compromise are not the same, not remotely close.
Send a private message to The Urban Sombrero Add The Urban Sombrero to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 03-20-2017, 10:51 PM
The Urban Sombrero The Urban Sombrero is offline
Head Coach
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 2,559
Likes: 2
Liked 1,095 Times in 1,069 Posts
The Urban Sombrero has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default
Originally Posted by TheRealThing View Post
Well, by your own admission you and mr.fundamental pretty much run the same circles. It's all a matter of personal integrity I suppose, (or as in the case of a liberal, personal self delusion). And I know day is finally dawning after 8 years of darkness, but before I'd come on here crowing in mock victory I'd at least try to molt those goose feathers.

Incredibly you did manage to get one thing right, we will see to be sure. The problem I see though, is if you're lacking enough to be able to willfully ignore the origins of all this baloney to the point where you're now a bona fide convert, what could possibly shake you enough to snap you back to reality?
From the Latin: "stultus"... But, lecture on, Patti.
Send a private message to The Urban Sombrero Add The Urban Sombrero to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 03-20-2017, 11:52 PM
TheRealThing's Avatar
TheRealThing TheRealThing is offline
Hall of Fame

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,480
Likes: 675
Liked 964 Times in 801 Posts
TheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the rough
Default
Originally Posted by The Urban Sombrero View Post
Now, pray tell, TRT, what is "God's" position on pre-existing conditions? Here is a cancer drug. Only those with income enough to buy certain kinds of insurance can afford it. All others die earlier. Now, TRT, pray tell what is "God's" position on that? Nuance and compromise are not the same, not remotely close.

Hocker on the doorknob syndrome. We were talking about the Reagan economy but Sombrero buts in and changes the subject to ObamaCare.

You'll have to take all that up with Him Sombrero. I know those folks do not die because of some kind of lack of compassion on the part of the rest of us. Just as we cannot be accountable for those who die from disease and other causes. Why do some people have plenty of pure water while others do not? Why do we still see famine, and disease, and war? Way back in the Garden of Eden man fell. God gave him one singular commandment which was broken; Genesis 2:16-17 (KJV)
16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

So as it turned out Adam broke God's one and only rule, and he fell into judgment, otherwise known as death. Romans 5:12 (KJV)
12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Therefore by the actions of one man death became inescapable for all men, but through the actions of Christ, that being His substitutionary death on the cross, all men may live. Man brought death upon himself, and God does not often intervene. People starve without food, but despite our best efforts nearly 8 million people die each year from starvation. Additionally there is no way to even calculate how many people die each year from impure water. We're working on solutions but we just cannot assume responsibility for all.

But I got a better one for you. Why on the one hand do liberals speak of the plight of children and the downtrodden, while on the other insist on legalizing abortion on demand? 45 thousand US citizens die annually for lack of health insurance according to that paragon of virtue and honesty, Rep Alan Grayson. That is an unfortunate number to be sure, but what of the million or so abortions US slaughter houses perform annually? Does it strike you at all bizarre that we can somehow find the funding to perform over a million abortions each year? We taxpayers cannot afford the federal hit program on the unborn either, but I don't see you on here decrying the slaughter of the unborn. And I KNOW whose responsible for those deaths.
__________________
Send a private message to TheRealThing Add TheRealThing to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 03-21-2017, 12:04 AM
TheRealThing's Avatar
TheRealThing TheRealThing is offline
Hall of Fame

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,480
Likes: 675
Liked 964 Times in 801 Posts
TheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the rough
Default
Originally Posted by TheRealThing View Post
Well, by your own admission you and mr.fundamental pretty much run the same circles. It's all a matter of personal integrity I suppose, (or as in the case of a liberal, personal self delusion). And I know day is finally dawning after 8 years of darkness, but before I'd come on here crowing in mock victory I'd at least try to molt those goose feathers.

Incredibly you did manage to get one thing right, we will see to be sure. The problem I see though, is if you're lacking enough to be able to willfully ignore the origins of all this baloney to the point where you're now a bona fide convert, what could possibly shake you enough to snap you back to reality?

Originally Posted by The Urban Sombrero View Post
From the Latin: "stultus"... But, lecture on, Patti.

From the Latin: taurus excretum
But like I said in the other thread, you do tend to speak your own language.

BTW, your goose feathers are still showing. Did you even happen to notice that you don't even have the right thread here, much less that you quoted the wrong post?
__________________
Send a private message to TheRealThing Add TheRealThing to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 03-21-2017, 03:49 AM
The Urban Sombrero The Urban Sombrero is offline
Head Coach
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 2,559
Likes: 2
Liked 1,095 Times in 1,069 Posts
The Urban Sombrero has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default
Originally Posted by TheRealThing View Post
From the Latin: taurus excretum
But like I said in the other thread, you do tend to speak your own language.

BTW, your goose feathers are still showing. Did you even happen to notice that you don't even have the right thread here, much less that you quoted the wrong post?
Oh yes, dear Patti, I noticed. But, then again, a fluffed peacock always shows up. So, really, what's the difference? Go read your own posts, look in the mirror, raise your arms and be impressed with yourself. I'll just consider a lot of your blather stulted.
Send a private message to The Urban Sombrero Add The Urban Sombrero to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 03-21-2017, 03:56 AM
The Urban Sombrero The Urban Sombrero is offline
Head Coach
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 2,559
Likes: 2
Liked 1,095 Times in 1,069 Posts
The Urban Sombrero has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default
WHEN will President Trump simply admit that be based a tweet accusing President Obama of a felony on scurrilous, wildly partisan poppycock? Answer: He most likely won't because he thinks folks who support him really don't care about credibility and reliability as long as he's one of their own.
Send a private message to The Urban Sombrero Add The Urban Sombrero to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 03-21-2017, 09:52 AM
RunItUpTheGut's Avatar
RunItUpTheGut RunItUpTheGut is offline
MOD


Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Corbin
Posts: 27,689
Likes: 6,835
Liked 7,810 Times in 5,392 Posts
RunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura aboutRunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura about
Default
Originally Posted by The Urban Sombrero View Post
WHEN will President Trump simply admit that be based a tweet accusing President Obama of a felony on scurrilous, wildly partisan poppycock? Answer: He most likely won't because he thinks folks who support him really don't care about credibility and reliability as long as he's one of their own.
When will the media be held accountable for doing nothing more than tarnishing a potus who has done nothing but good for the economy since he stepped into office?
Two can play this game and Trump is the MASTER of it. While libs get their feelings hurt over a few tweets, Trump pushed forward with his agenda in the background.
He's playing you libs like the fools that you are.
Send a private message to RunItUpTheGut Add RunItUpTheGut to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 03-21-2017, 10:39 AM
mr.fundamental mr.fundamental is offline
Statistician
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 157
Likes: 1
Liked 35 Times in 33 Posts
mr.fundamental is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by TheRealThing View Post
Hi there tvtimeout, how's life in the shadowy recesses of self delusion? I can't say I know for sure the exact origin of your reference. Likely though, you are confusing the account of the early Church having 'all things common,' which doesn't mean they gave those things held in common to people solely because they were poor. It means they shared those things with each other, that is other believers.

Jubilee applies or more aptly applied to the Jew only, never the Gentile. When the horn of Jubile sounded Jewish prisoners went free, slaves went free and mortgaged land returned to the original owner or to their descendants. We don't live under the law as did those Old Testament people, nor do their ordinances apply to us who live in the age of grace. Colossians 2:14 (KJV)
14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

We Christians are saved by grace and are not freed by the sounding of the Trumpet of Jubilee. We are freed by the shedding of Christ's own blood on the cross. The Jew on the other hand still faces along with the unsaved, a final 7 year stint known as the Great Tribulation or the time of Jacob's trouble, in which he will finally repent of his err which was the sin of idolatry. But since you believe you must sell all that you have to give to the poor, have you done so?

So you would agree that the nation is not a christian nation and then the idea of God knowing us before we are born can not apply, and you would agree that you would not want to work towards that... interesting TRT

Everyone for themselves how does that respond to your I guess "christian faith"

Just out of curiosity because I am christian that I should not worry about the old testament? Buddy, keep digging! If that is the case I do not need the 10 commandments up anywhere, right?

As far as me giving everything up...no, but I am working on it. That flesh is hard battle.
Send a private message to mr.fundamental Add mr.fundamental to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 03-21-2017, 10:46 AM
mr.fundamental mr.fundamental is offline
Statistician
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 157
Likes: 1
Liked 35 Times in 33 Posts
mr.fundamental is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by RunItUpTheGut View Post
When will the media be held accountable for doing nothing more than tarnishing a potus who has done nothing but good for the economy since he stepped into office?
Two can play this game and Trump is the MASTER of it. While libs get their feelings hurt over a few tweets, Trump pushed forward with his agenda in the background.
He's playing you libs like the fools that you are.
Please explain to me what legislation he has passed to improve the economy?

70 months of job growth, I am one who is proud to say that as an American.

Just out of curiosity if Obama had accused Bush of wiretapping would the GOP sit there and be quite, even though Obama was making the economy stronger, for that is the argument that you give. How can this be?

I am sure that the conservative party that cares so much a bout moral values is appalled to see the POTUS perform to this point lies. But yet, I do not hear a word, maybe just maybe, they point to moral outrage just to obtain power?
Send a private message to mr.fundamental Add mr.fundamental to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 03-21-2017, 10:49 AM
mr.fundamental mr.fundamental is offline
Statistician
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 157
Likes: 1
Liked 35 Times in 33 Posts
mr.fundamental is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by TheRealThing View Post
Hocker on the doorknob syndrome. We were talking about the Reagan economy but Sombrero buts in and changes the subject to ObamaCare.

You'll have to take all that up with Him Sombrero. I know those folks do not die because of some kind of lack of compassion on the part of the rest of us. Just as we cannot be accountable for those who die from disease and other causes. Why do some people have plenty of pure water while others do not? Why do we still see famine, and disease, and war? Way back in the Garden of Eden man fell. God gave him one singular commandment which was broken; Genesis 2:16-17 (KJV)
16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

So as it turned out Adam broke God's one and only rule, and he fell into judgment, otherwise known as death. Romans 5:12 (KJV)
12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Therefore by the actions of one man death became inescapable for all men, but through the actions of Christ, that being His substitutionary death on the cross, all men may live. Man brought death upon himself, and God does not often intervene. People starve without food, but despite our best efforts nearly 8 million people die each year from starvation. Additionally there is no way to even calculate how many people die each year from impure water. We're working on solutions but we just cannot assume responsibility for all.

But I got a better one for you. Why on the one hand do liberals speak of the plight of children and the downtrodden, while on the other insist on legalizing abortion on demand? 45 thousand US citizens die annually for lack of health insurance according to that paragon of virtue and honesty, Rep Alan Grayson. That is an unfortunate number to be sure, but what of the million or so abortions US slaughter houses perform annually? Does it strike you at all bizarre that we can somehow find the funding to perform over a million abortions each year? We taxpayers cannot afford the federal hit program on the unborn either, but I don't see you on here decrying the slaughter of the unborn. And I KNOW whose responsible for those deaths.
I actually agree with a portion of what you say here. I just think we are called not to give up, we should make the environment safer, take care of the poor, help the helpless, I think that I am supposed to love my neighbor as I love my self, pretty sure that made the top two.
Send a private message to mr.fundamental Add mr.fundamental to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 03-21-2017, 01:10 PM
TheRealThing's Avatar
TheRealThing TheRealThing is offline
Hall of Fame

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,480
Likes: 675
Liked 964 Times in 801 Posts
TheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the rough
Default
Originally Posted by The Urban Sombrero View Post
Oh yes, dear Patti, I noticed. But, then again, a fluffed peacock always shows up. So, really, what's the difference? Go read your own posts, look in the mirror, raise your arms and be impressed with yourself. I'll just consider a lot of your blather stulted.

I doubt that sincerely.

But what other choice do you have when all you've really got to go on is feelings, right?
__________________
Send a private message to TheRealThing Add TheRealThing to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 03-21-2017, 01:15 PM
TheRealThing's Avatar
TheRealThing TheRealThing is offline
Hall of Fame

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,480
Likes: 675
Liked 964 Times in 801 Posts
TheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the rough
Default
Originally Posted by mr.fundamental View Post
So you would agree that the nation is not a christian nation and then the idea of God knowing us before we are born can not apply, and you would agree that you would not want to work towards that... interesting TRT

Everyone for themselves how does that respond to your I guess "christian faith"

Just out of curiosity because I am christian that I should not worry about the old testament? Buddy, keep digging! If that is the case I do not need the 10 commandments up anywhere, right?

As far as me giving everything up...no, but I am working on it. That flesh is hard battle.


It might be interesting if you had the first clue what you're talking about.
__________________
Send a private message to TheRealThing Add TheRealThing to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 03-21-2017, 01:37 PM
TheRealThing's Avatar
TheRealThing TheRealThing is offline
Hall of Fame

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,480
Likes: 675
Liked 964 Times in 801 Posts
TheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the rough
Default
Originally Posted by mr.fundamental View Post
I actually agree with a portion of what you say here. 1) - I just think we are called not to give up, 2) - we should make the environment safer, 3) - take care of the poor, help the helpless, 4) - I think that I am supposed to love my neighbor as I love my self, pretty sure that made the top two.


1 - We haven't given up, as in Rome wasn't built in a day.

2 - We have made the environment safer.

3 - We (the Church) do as much as we can to take care of the poor. Past that however, all anybody has to do to receive relief is go to the nearest welfare office and everything will be provided to include housing, food, clothing, health care, transportation, cell phones and some form of job training.

4 - Well then by your own self imposed standard you are failing, because you still treat yourself better than you do your neighbor. Not that you can find an example anywhere in the Bible to demonstrate what you've been talking about. But you're on here criticizing others for not doing something you cannot do yourself. Lead by example tvtime, or, I guess you can just go on slamming everybody else for not meeting the very standard that you have failed to meet.
__________________
Send a private message to TheRealThing Add TheRealThing to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Reply

  BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Off Topic » Politics and Current Events

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -9. The time now is 12:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.