Rate This Thread - Corbin 2018.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 07-21-2018, 05:39 PM
2nd String
Liked 301 Times in 207 Posts
Iam4thecats is on a distinguished road
They finished runner-up in the double elimination tournament.
Send a private message to Iam4thecats Add Iam4thecats to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 07-22-2018, 05:03 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 100 Times in 83 Posts
chs crazy is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by pjdoug View Post
Georgia has some good recruits
goober
Send a private message to chs crazy Add chs crazy to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 05:09 PM
Cheerleader
Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
Will Corbin have anyone step up or will they have any new faces this year on the offensive and defensive lines?

How is Estep looking at the QB position?
I heard Estep looked great in Georgia without many other details about receivers or any of our defensive backs. Have to be getting some great play from elsewhere to have finished runner up in GA
Send a private message to chs crazy Add chs crazy to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 05:13 PM
Starter
Liked 590 Times in 426 Posts
Hound05 is on a distinguished road
We lost to a school from South Carolina to finish 2nd place. The team that one was spanking people all day and we beat them once but they finally got the better of us. There was speed all over the field and we not only held our own (except for losing to the champs) but put a ‘hurtin on some people doing it. I believe the guys we lost to were a 5 or 6 a school with around 1,500+ kids. As I said weeks ago. We will be FINE....
Send a private message to Hound05 Add Hound05 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 06:11 PM
Statistician
Liked 77 Times in 56 Posts
jamesdeane is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
Will Corbin have anyone step up or will they have any new faces this year on the offensive and defensive lines?

How is Estep looking at the QB position?
Estep is having an incredible summer throwing the ball. Corbin receivers are still adjusting as Estep throws a completing different type of pass than Sizemore threw. Chase's arm strength is something special. Corbin will score a lot of points this year. Question will be how many points the defense gives up. Chase's play was the talk of the Southeastern 7 on 7 this weekend.
Send a private message to jamesdeane Add jamesdeane to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 10:15 PM
Statistician
Liked 38 Times in 26 Posts
Football_Maniac is on a distinguished road
Heard it was a great weekend for Haddix’ Hounds
Send a private message to Football_Maniac Add Football_Maniac to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 10:38 PM
Scout Team
Liked 134 Times in 95 Posts
Craze JACKET man is on a distinguished road
The best that I can remember is that Corbin Defense has carried them for the past decade. If Corbin is as good offensively as everyone is saying, they will be stout!!
Send a private message to Craze JACKET man Add Craze JACKET man to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 10:58 PM
Statistician
Liked 61 Times in 43 Posts
BCHSrebs is on a distinguished road
I haven't see Corbin but once and that was state game. Was very impressed with the young men's talent and athletic ability. I know they lose sizemore but if many are coming back, they will be a force to be wreckoned with. They had the no quit, fight hard win attitude and showed it. Yes they came up short but what I saw was a bunch of kids that never give up when down. Yes I was cheering for my rebel/rebels but loved watching the never say die attitude in those young men.
chs crazy (07-23-2018), Single Wing 77 (07-22-2018)
Send a private message to BCHSrebs Add BCHSrebs to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 11:31 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 3,321 Times in 2,621 Posts
pjdoug will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by chs crazy View Post
goober
truth is always funny. lol
Old 07-22-2018, 11:34 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Originally Posted by Craze JACKET man View Post
The best that I can remember is that Corbin Defense has carried them for the past decade. If Corbin is as good offensively as everyone is saying, they will be stout!!
Their defense is mediocre.
Old 07-22-2018, 11:36 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Corbin will be better this year. I'll try to be back later to argue. I'm headed to Pike County in the morning and hope I don't see any hateful Belfry fans. lol
Old 07-23-2018, 12:01 AM
Starter
Originally Posted by BCHSrebs View Post
I haven't see Corbin but once and that was state game. Was very impressed with the young men's talent and athletic ability. I know they lose sizemore but if many are coming back, they will be a force to be wreckoned with. They had the no quit, fight hard win attitude and showed it. Yes they came up short but what I saw was a bunch of kids that never give up when down. Yes I was cheering for my rebel/rebels but loved watching the never say die attitude in those young men.
The only problem is I’ve never seen a team as disciplined on offense as BC was. It was a well oiled machine, and one we will have to face again. They had a good defense, even though I think we played a little timid and “not to lose” instead of “killer” offense that game. But if we meet again, it’s not the defense we’ll face that scares me. It’s the offense. Given what we lost on our Dline and what our offense could be this year, looking ahead it could be a shootout in November under the lights in corbin.

(Disclaimer for any other BC fans out there that don’t know me, I’m not knocking your defense. Just wasn’t as impressed with it as the offense, and that wall you all call a line.)
Send a private message to Hound05 Add Hound05 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 11:30 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Originally Posted by Hound05 View Post
The only problem is I’ve never seen a team as disciplined on offense as BC was. It was a well oiled machine, and one we will have to face again. They had a good defense, even though I think we played a little timid and “not to lose” instead of “killer” offense that game. But if we meet again, it’s not the defense we’ll face that scares me. It’s the offense. Given what we lost on our Dline and what our offense could be this year, looking ahead it could be a shootout in November under the lights in corbin.

(Disclaimer for any other BC fans out there that don’t know me, I’m not knocking your defense. Just wasn’t as impressed with it as the offense, and that wall you all call a line.)
That offense was fun to watch. I knew the Corbin defense was in trouble early.
Old 07-24-2018, 01:06 AM
Starter
Oh yea! Def a fun team to watch as long as your aren’t playing them haha. I honestly thought we’d settle down and come back until about the 3rd qtr. then I knew it was over. I’d say we’ll be seeing them a lot though in the future. Our middle school team beat them in the championship last year, and the 7th grade one was well. Might become a good rivalry game. We need one since BCjr. (Bell co) quit their schedule on us haha
Old 07-24-2018, 10:01 AM
Starter
Liked 376 Times in 230 Posts
Cat Daddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Corbin will be very good this year and I truly think the loss of Sizemore isn't going to hurt has much as everyone thinks. Will is hurt, yes, but will it take them out of state title contention, no. I think Corbin has a shot, to be as good, or if not better than last year. Estep is a player and he brings some elusiveness to the position that was needed last year in the championship game against Boyle County. If Estep continues to throw the ball the way he has during the 7 on 7 tournaments, everybody in Corbin's path better "watch out". I don't think scoring points will be a problem for this team, but the biggest question is, how good will the defense be. I don't see them being as "stout" as last years unit, but anything close to last years unit, could put them back in the championship game. With that being said, Boyle County is going to be "lights out" this year and it will be an uphill battle for anyone to knock the Rebels off of their high horse. Good luck to Corbin and Coach Haddix on this upcoming season.
Send a private message to Cat Daddy Add Cat Daddy to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 02:02 AM
MOD

Liked 7,955 Times in 5,498 Posts
RunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura aboutRunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura about
Who corbins next qb after estep?
There must be a hole there. If someone else was ready to step up, you wouldn't of had your best RB be a one year QB.
Send a private message to RunItUpTheGut Add RunItUpTheGut to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 07:12 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Originally Posted by RunItUpTheGut View Post
There must be a hole there. If someone else was ready to step up, you wouldn't of had your best RB be a one year QB.
That's a good question and point.
Old 07-25-2018, 10:02 AM
Starter
Liked 426 Times in 273 Posts
Single Wing 77 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RunItUpTheGut View Post
People haven’t seen Estep play qb yet so they assume he is playing out of position. The truth is that he was playing out of position for the last two years. There are a few kids coming up the pipeline that can play the position next season. They’ll have to fight it out to determine which one it is. The cupboard isn’t bare.
Send a private message to Single Wing 77 Add Single Wing 77 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 11:08 AM
Head Coach
Liked 268 Times in 211 Posts
fatpatfan is on a distinguished road

Bolz, ole haddy sent me a picture of some the fans at the 7 on 7 watching Estep and company. This bunch is freakin semi pro aka the real freakin deal. Ole fatpat, Magnum, and CT have mucho respect for da hounds baby and want to wish this bunch a good year.

#lordhelpusifwehavetoplaythem More mash taters please!!!
Send a private message to fatpatfan Add fatpatfan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 12:04 PM
Cheerleader
I’m not really worried about the offense from everything I’ve seen and heard it maybe better than last year. Our defense up front and with the loss of Sims and Money at LB really worry me, Sims especially left some big shoes to fill not sure we have anyone left as dynamic as him for that spot.
Old 07-25-2018, 12:32 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Originally Posted by Single Wing 77 View Post
People haven’t seen Estep play qb yet so they assume he is playing out of position. The truth is that he was playing out of position for the last two years. There are a few kids coming up the pipeline that can play the position next season. They’ll have to fight it out to determine which one it is. The cupboard isn’t bare.
A person can tell just by watching Estep play baseball that he is a leader. I'm sure playing quarterback is natural for him and he will be one of the best the Hounds have had at the position. Which Colonels will be in the backfield behind him? lol
Old 07-25-2018, 12:39 PM
Scout Team
Liked 89 Times in 74 Posts
ArJay is on a distinguished road
Corbin will be very good again. They have a lot going for them. Great deep coaching staff, good athletes, support, etc.
Send a private message to ArJay Add ArJay to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 01:35 PM
Starter
Originally Posted by pjdoug View Post
A person can tell just by watching Estep play baseball that he is a leader. I'm sure playing quarterback is natural for him and he will be one of the best the Hounds have had at the position. Which Colonels will be in the backfield behind him? lol
Everyone knows we just use them on special teams
Old 07-25-2018, 01:37 PM
Starter
I personally think the defense will be fine. The Dline might not have the size and strength we had last year but we’ll make it up with quickness and speed. The Oline is my concern
Old 07-27-2018, 06:47 PM
Starter
Liked 407 Times in 306 Posts
FoSho is on a distinguished road
Estep will be an upgrade at QB because of his athleticism. The problem w/that is that he cannot be replaced at his other position. Now Haddix will find someone to step in and fill the spot but it's not that easy. He's great in space. Playing QB limits that opportunity.
Send a private message to FoSho Add FoSho to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 07:04 PM
Statistician
Liked 73 Times in 50 Posts
Snakesnot is on a distinguished road
Mayfield will beat Corbin by 2 touchdowns this season.
Send a private message to Snakesnot Add Snakesnot to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 07:27 PM
Starter
Liked 407 Times in 306 Posts
FoSho is on a distinguished road
It'll be within a TD either way IMO.
Send a private message to FoSho Add FoSho to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 07:56 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Originally Posted by Snakesnot View Post

Old 07-28-2018, 09:32 AM
Starter
Originally Posted by Snakesnot View Post
Hahahahahahahahaha

^^Mayfields PJ Doug ladies and gents
chs crazy (07-28-2018)
Old 07-28-2018, 09:42 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Originally Posted by Hound05 View Post
Hahahahahahahahaha

^^Mayfields PJ Doug ladies and gents
That's an insult

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Football