Rate This Thread - Central 60 Belfry 21.


Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 11-18-2017, 11:48 PM
Hound05's Avatar
Hound05 Hound05 is offline
Scout Team
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Corbin, Kentucky
Posts: 571
Likes: 210
Liked 196 Times in 132 Posts
Hound05 is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by ethanball View Post
No matter how great you are,no matter how great a coach you have(and yes pirates you do have the best in the country)no matter how great the players are,and no matter how great the fans are,there comes a point and time where it just wasn't meant to be.congrats pirates on a great season and all the memories we have over the past several years.
Iím with ya on some things arenít just meant to be. But, Phillip Haywood the best coach in the COUNTRY?? Hahahahahahahahhaha. Iím hope that you were just exaggerating. Sometimes sarcasm and such are hard to read on a message board.
Send a private message to Hound05 Add Hound05 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

  #62  
Old 11-19-2017, 12:17 AM
bucslover68's Avatar
bucslover68 bucslover68 is offline
Head Coach
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: pikeville
Posts: 2,486
Likes: 104
Liked 714 Times in 431 Posts
bucslover68 has a spectacular aura aboutbucslover68 has a spectacular aura about
Default
Originally Posted by Hound05 View Post
Iím with ya on some things arenít just meant to be. But, Phillip Haywood the best coach in the COUNTRY?? Hahahahahahahahhaha. Iím hope that you were just exaggerating. Sometimes sarcasm and such are hard to read on a message board.
That's being a little mean Hound considering he has an award that says just that on it...
Likes: (3)
cuppett777 (11-21-2017), Hound05 (11-19-2017), Westside (11-19-2017)
Send a private message to bucslover68 Add bucslover68 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 11-19-2017, 04:42 AM
Demarcus ware's Avatar
Demarcus ware Demarcus ware is offline
Head Coach


Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,657
Likes: 1,424
Liked 1,008 Times in 698 Posts
Demarcus ware is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by bucslover68 View Post
That's being a little mean Hound considering he has an award that says just that on it...
Which is something you’ll never see a Corbin coach have.
Likes: (1)
Westside (11-19-2017)
Send a private message to Demarcus ware Add Demarcus ware to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 11-19-2017, 08:43 AM
Bobcat4years Bobcat4years is offline
Scout Team
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 611
Likes: 22
Liked 113 Times in 83 Posts
Bobcat4years is an unknown quantity at this point
Default
Let this thread Stop::
Phillip Haywood is the best coach in this state and even a better man.. More coaches in this state sound take a look at his platform and impact student athletes the way he does. He has done things at Belfry that 98% of men will never do in there career.. 40 years of coaching and most head coaches will not make 20. Godly man! Won more games than anyone in this state! Not sure on how many State titles!
Great year Pirates!
Likes: (5)
Black Bear Cuz (11-19-2017), Granny Bear (11-19-2017), Slic Ric (11-19-2017), smoke1015 (11-20-2017), toolaidback (11-19-2017)
Send a private message to Bobcat4years Add Bobcat4years to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 11-19-2017, 09:11 AM
Granny Bear's Avatar
Granny Bear Granny Bear is offline
BGR Staff



Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: "In the deep dark hills....."
Posts: 15,838
Likes: 6,591
Liked 5,575 Times in 3,525 Posts
Granny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the rough
Default
Originally Posted by #55PirateFan View Post
I have to say I'm amazed at how this thread has went. After all the trash talking and arrogance that some of our fans show on hear you guys have been a class act. I try my best to be professional, respectful, and nice as I possibly can on here and I was expecting just total smashing of Belfry today and it's quite the opposite. Thank you guys. I couldn't get on last night after the game because I just didn't want to here it. But after reading most of these comments from you guys, it's really helped the hurt. Again, thank you guys. It hurt when we lost. But what hurt the most was seeing my son, who is the starting Center and just a Sophmore coming out of the locker room and I could tell he had been crying just broke my heart. What can a man say to his son at that moment? I just didn't know. I'm in the Army and have taught my boys to be strong as I am but at times like that we all are very humbled. He told his Mom that what hurt the most was that he felt he let the Seniors down. I was so proud of him for thinking of others instead of himself at a time like that. So very proud of you #55, you've made your mom and dad very proud of the young man you've become. Back to the game, congrats Central. No excuses here you guys wanted it more and beat us. Plain and simple. Good Luck the rest of the way although now I've become a Corbin fan the rest of the year. I love mountain football and nothing would please me more than to see the Hounds win the title. Good Luck to all teams left. May God bless you young men with a great injury free run at the championship. Finally, just one more time I want to thank all you classy fans here on this site. Belfry fans opened the door for you guys to hammer us after a defeat and haven't done that. Thanks BGR.
THIS is what I love!!

THIS is what makes it worthwhile!!

I remember picking up and helping my kids off the field after a heart breaking loss; after they had left everything on the field and had nothing left to give. I remember doing this at Southwestern one time when some of their fans (4 to be exact) had surrounded one of mine who was struggling, and taunting him. They said the most horrible things!! I remember other Southwestern fans that intervened and helped me get him off the field. Then talked with him and me for a long time about devotion and hard work. So I learned that ALL fan bases have their assholes and their angels.

Same with Belfry. The first year we played them, I talked smack big time to all of them! I was so confident!!! lol I thought their fans were arrogant and mean.....until I met them at the game. Those fans were just as passionate about their kids than I was with mine. Turns out, I made many friends that are still dear to me to this day. I saw them win 2 of their rings, and attended those games primarily to watch them!!

You teach life lessons in a win as well as a loss. Student athletes learn that you live on to fight another day.

So good luck to Belfry seniors!! Good luck to ALL the seniors. They will fight another day, another place BUT they WILL take the lessons learned in football and hopefully apply them to the rest of their life.
__________________



MERRY CHRISTMAS
HAPPY NEW YEAR
Likes: (3)
BelfryPride (11-19-2017), Patriot1 (11-19-2017), smoke1015 (11-20-2017)
Send a private message to Granny Bear Add Granny Bear to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 11-19-2017, 09:52 AM
E's Army E's Army is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 13,224
Likes: 452
Liked 2,438 Times in 1,731 Posts
E's Army is on a distinguished road
Default
Granny that is what high school sports should be about. Life lessons from sports go a long way into making these young men grow into better citizens.
Likes: (3)
Black Bear Cuz (11-19-2017), Granny Bear (11-19-2017), smoke1015 (11-20-2017)
Send a private message to E's Army Add E's Army to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 11-19-2017, 10:34 AM
BelfryPride's Avatar
BelfryPride BelfryPride is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals



Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Lexington, Ky
Posts: 21,388
Likes: 795
Liked 469 Times in 293 Posts
BelfryPride is a glorious beacon of lightBelfryPride is a glorious beacon of lightBelfryPride is a glorious beacon of lightBelfryPride is a glorious beacon of lightBelfryPride is a glorious beacon of lightBelfryPride is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Yahoo to BelfryPride
Default
First off, thanks to the classy people on here that have been gracious to us. It took me a few days to slowly get back on here because I like many others were dreading of what we may come back to, but i was honestly suprised and elated and made me smile that there's still some good people on here.

Secondly, there's no better man and coach to these kids as Phillip Haywood. He is a Godly man and a fine role model for these boys and to this community. Records and numbers show HE IS the best coach in this State.

Lastly, I'll piggy back off what Granny said. Many on here take our pride, love and passion for the game and Belfry as arrogance and that is simply not the case. Do we expect to win? Yes, but don't you?

These players may not be blood to all of us, but they are our family regardless, we will do anything to protect family. We cry when they cry, we celebrate when they celebrate. This community cherishes their beloved Pirates.

There's nothing like being in those bleachers on a warm fall night cheering on the Red & White. The glowing lights from Vipperman and now Cam Stadium just drew you in and you automatically felt like you were at home.

It has been an honor and a privilege to watch this program grow into a Dynasty. Belfry has solidified themselves as a powerhouse and a contender in 3A.

All of those years spent being in awe of programs like Highlands, Danville and Boyle County to name a few, and to now be joining them on that list is such an honor.

Growing up as a Belfry fan, all I wanted for Belfry to win at least 1 State Title, now we're blessed to say we have 6 and I have been fortunate enough to have saw every one of them.

It's now up to our mountain brothers Pikeville, Johnson Central, Harlan County and Corbin to represent Eastern Ky. and get to Lexington next week. Us Pirate Fans will be behind you all the way!

Good Luck, God Bless and as always....Go Belfry!
Likes: (4)
Big Five-0- (11-21-2017), ekywildcat (11-19-2017), HOFER (11-19-2017), Patriot1 (11-19-2017)

Last edited by BelfryPride; 11-19-2017 at 11:58 AM.
Send a private message to BelfryPride Add BelfryPride to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 11-19-2017, 11:36 AM
Granny Bear's Avatar
Granny Bear Granny Bear is offline
BGR Staff



Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: "In the deep dark hills....."
Posts: 15,838
Likes: 6,591
Liked 5,575 Times in 3,525 Posts
Granny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the rough
Default
HEY!!!!

We may not make it to Lexington, but we ARE still in the mix!!!

Arrogant Pirate fan!


__________________



MERRY CHRISTMAS
HAPPY NEW YEAR
Likes: (1)
BelfryPride (11-19-2017)
Send a private message to Granny Bear Add Granny Bear to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 11-19-2017, 11:49 AM
64SUR's Avatar
64SUR 64SUR is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals

Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 18,310
Likes: 3,292
Liked 3,722 Times in 2,716 Posts
64SUR will become famous soon enough
Default
Originally Posted by Granny Bear View Post
HEY!!!!

We may not make it to Lexington, but we ARE still in the mix!!!

Arrogant Pirate fan!

Pretty sure BelfryPride made a typo Granny Bear
Likes: (1)
Granny Bear (11-19-2017)
Send a private message to 64SUR Add 64SUR to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 11-19-2017, 12:00 PM
BelfryPride's Avatar
BelfryPride BelfryPride is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals



Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Lexington, Ky
Posts: 21,388
Likes: 795
Liked 469 Times in 293 Posts
BelfryPride is a glorious beacon of lightBelfryPride is a glorious beacon of lightBelfryPride is a glorious beacon of lightBelfryPride is a glorious beacon of lightBelfryPride is a glorious beacon of lightBelfryPride is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Yahoo to BelfryPride
Default
Originally Posted by Granny Bear View Post
HEY!!!!

We may not make it to Lexington, but we ARE still in the mix!!!

Arrogant Pirate fan!

Sorry Granny! I didn't mean to leave ya'll out You already know I'm behind Harlan and I'll even go watch if I can and if they get to Lexington. Kroger Field is 5 miles away from my place.
Likes: (1)
Granny Bear (11-19-2017)
Send a private message to BelfryPride Add BelfryPride to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 11-19-2017, 12:24 PM
Granny Bear's Avatar
Granny Bear Granny Bear is offline
BGR Staff



Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: "In the deep dark hills....."
Posts: 15,838
Likes: 6,591
Liked 5,575 Times in 3,525 Posts
Granny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the rough
Default
Tell ya what, if we play in Lexington you and I will go out for dinner. My treat!!!


Originally Posted by Hound05 View Post
Iím with ya on some things arenít just meant to be. But, Phillip Haywood the best coach in the COUNTRY?? Hahahahahahahahhaha. Iím hope that you were just exaggerating. Sometimes sarcasm and such are hard to read on a message board.
Hound05, I don't believe you are the type of person to be disrespectful. I would suggest you obtain a copy of Coach Haywood's book, Faith Family and Football. It's a fantastic read, and I believe you would enjoy it.
__________________



MERRY CHRISTMAS
HAPPY NEW YEAR
Send a private message to Granny Bear Add Granny Bear to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 11-19-2017, 12:28 PM
smoke1015 smoke1015 is offline
Scout Team
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 592
Likes: 144
Liked 155 Times in 109 Posts
smoke1015 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default
Originally Posted by BelfryPride View Post
First off, thanks to the classy people on here that have been gracious to us. It took me a few days to slowly get back on here because I like many others were dreading of what we may come back to, but i was honestly suprised and elated and made me smile that there's still some good people on here.

Secondly, there's no better man and coach to these kids as Phillip Haywood. He is a Godly man and a fine role model for these boys and to this community. Records and numbers show HE IS the best coach in this State.

Lastly, I'll piggy back off what Granny said. Many on here take our pride, love and passion for the game and Belfry as arrogance and that is simply not the case. Do we expect to win? Yes, but don't you?

These players may not be blood to all of us, but they are our family regardless, we will do anything to protect family. We cry when they cry, we celebrate when they celebrate. This community cherishes their beloved Pirates.

There's nothing like being in those bleachers on a warm fall night cheering on the Red & White. The glowing lights from Vipperman and now Cam Stadium just drew you in and you automatically felt like you were at home.

It has been an honor and a privilege to watch this program grow into a Dynasty. Belfry has solidified themselves as a powerhouse and a contender in 3A.

All of those years spent being in awe of programs like Highlands, Danville and Boyle County to name a few, and to now be joining them on that list is such an honor.

Growing up as a Belfry fan, all I wanted for Belfry to win at least 1 State Title, now we're blessed to say we have 6 and I have been fortunate enough to have saw every one of them.

It's now up to our mountain brothers Pikeville, Johnson Central, Harlan County and Corbin to represent Eastern Ky. and get to Lexington next week. Us Pirate Fans will be behind you all the way!

Good Luck, God Bless and as always....Go Belfry!
I myself did not having a thing against Belfry, you, or anyone from there. Until the putdown comment, that had nothing to do with Belfry, and wasn't confused as arrogance. Then an edited post, while leaving another Belfry member's insult up. That is nothing against Belfry football, Belfry folks in general, but for a moderator being unfair. Having said that, I take no pleasure in any team losing this time of year. If my team isn't in it, I'm rooting for good football, plain and simple. People in life deserve things, usually adults, and maybe not to fall down a flight of steps, and a broken ankle, but deserve a return insult, from a hundred miles away, thick skin can take that. Kids don't deserve to lose heart breaking games because of what some guy on the internet said, either way. Congrats to all teams that made the regional championships, and are going beyond. In the future, leave the cakewalk comments for the non Christians, Godly men, to make.
Likes: (2)
#55PirateFan (11-19-2017), Snow (11-19-2017)
Send a private message to smoke1015 Add smoke1015 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 11-19-2017, 12:31 PM
smoke1015 smoke1015 is offline
Scout Team
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 592
Likes: 144
Liked 155 Times in 109 Posts
smoke1015 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default
Originally Posted by Hound05 View Post
Iím with ya on some things arenít just meant to be. But, Phillip Haywood the best coach in the COUNTRY?? Hahahahahahahahhaha. Iím hope that you were just exaggerating. Sometimes sarcasm and such are hard to read on a message board.
He won the award fair and square. I've been to coaching seminars where coach Haywood spoke, the Gault House in Louisville a couple of times, etc.. He seems very legit in his beliefs. I liked what the man had to say and some of the programs he's put in, prayer groups and such (I think he said), in the mornings. I'm sure he's the man the people say he is. He was very soft spoken and not arrogant at all. When he retires the state will lose a lot of class.
Likes: (1)
64SUR (11-19-2017)
Send a private message to smoke1015 Add smoke1015 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 11-19-2017, 12:50 PM
TheBrahmaBull's Avatar
TheBrahmaBull TheBrahmaBull is offline
Hall of Fame


Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Jackson, Ky.
Posts: 6,545
Likes: 812
Liked 217 Times in 170 Posts
TheBrahmaBull will become famous soon enoughTheBrahmaBull will become famous soon enough
Default
It's important to remember that people have the right to their own opinion whether we agree with it or not. Trying to label someone or something as the best is always an opinion and will have different interpretations based on one's perspective and experience Haywood has done a great job with the teams he has had, that is a fact based on the numbers. As far as the book is concerned I hope he is the type of person the book portrays him to be, I do not know him and have learned not to believe everything I read. As far as the best coach in the country.... Could be I suppose. But I look at the coaches that compete for state titles in the big schools and are nationally ranked. Not small school Kentucky. That being said that is not saying he is not a solid coach, he certainly is.
Likes: (1)
Spud6 (11-19-2017)
Send a private message to TheBrahmaBull Add TheBrahmaBull to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 11-19-2017, 02:16 PM
bucslover68's Avatar
bucslover68 bucslover68 is offline
Head Coach
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: pikeville
Posts: 2,486
Likes: 104
Liked 714 Times in 431 Posts
bucslover68 has a spectacular aura aboutbucslover68 has a spectacular aura about
Default
Originally Posted by TheBrahmaBull View Post
It's important to remember that people have the right to their own opinion whether we agree with it or not. Trying to label someone or something as the best is always an opinion and will have different interpretations based on one's perspective and experience Haywood has done a great job with the teams he has had, that is a fact based on the numbers. As far as the book is concerned I hope he is the type of person the book portrays him to be, I do not know him and have learned not to believe everything I read. As far as the best coach in the country.... Could be I suppose. But I look at the coaches that compete for state titles in the big schools and are nationally ranked. Not small school Kentucky. That being said that is not saying he is not a solid coach, he certainly is.
I agree that everyone has a right to their opinion, but let's not put something sarcastic in responding to an opinion about one of the great coaches all-time in this state.
Likes: (1)
TheBrahmaBull (11-19-2017)
Send a private message to bucslover68 Add bucslover68 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 11-19-2017, 02:18 PM
bucslover68's Avatar
bucslover68 bucslover68 is offline
Head Coach
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: pikeville
Posts: 2,486
Likes: 104
Liked 714 Times in 431 Posts
bucslover68 has a spectacular aura aboutbucslover68 has a spectacular aura about
Default
Originally Posted by bucslover68 View Post
I agree that everyone has a right to their opinion, but let's not put something sarcastic in responding to an opinion about one of the great coaches all-time in this state.
The book is spot on and this comes from everyone around Belfry and most other areas that knows him. He is also a very intense competitor and does not like to lose.
Send a private message to bucslover68 Add bucslover68 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 11-19-2017, 02:18 PM
pjdoug's Avatar
pjdoug pjdoug is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 13,792
Likes: 7,433
Liked 2,631 Times in 2,048 Posts
pjdoug will become famous soon enough
Default
Originally Posted by BelfryPride View Post
First off, thanks to the classy people on here that have been gracious to us. It took me a few days to slowly get back on here because I like many others were dreading of what we may come back to, but i was honestly suprised and elated and made me smile that there's still some good people on here.

Secondly, there's no better man and coach to these kids as Phillip Haywood. He is a Godly man and a fine role model for these boys and to this community. Records and numbers show HE IS the best coach in this State.

Lastly, I'll piggy back off what Granny said. Many on here take our pride, love and passion for the game and Belfry as arrogance and that is simply not the case. Do we expect to win? Yes, but don't you?

These players may not be blood to all of us, but they are our family regardless, we will do anything to protect family. We cry when they cry, we celebrate when they celebrate. This community cherishes their beloved Pirates.

There's nothing like being in those bleachers on a warm fall night cheering on the Red & White. The glowing lights from Vipperman and now Cam Stadium just drew you in and you automatically felt like you were at home.

It has been an honor and a privilege to watch this program grow into a Dynasty. Belfry has solidified themselves as a powerhouse and a contender in 3A.

All of those years spent being in awe of programs like Highlands, Danville and Boyle County to name a few, and to now be joining them on that list is such an honor.

Growing up as a Belfry fan, all I wanted for Belfry to win at least 1 State Title, now we're blessed to say we have 6 and I have been fortunate enough to have saw every one of them.

It's now up to our mountain brothers Pikeville, Johnson Central, Harlan County and Corbin to represent Eastern Ky. and get to Lexington next week. Us Pirate Fans will be behind you all the way!

Good Luck, God Bless and as always....Go Belfry!
I have to disagree with the arrogance comment. some take arrogance to the limit .
__________________
Send a private message to pjdoug Add pjdoug to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 11-19-2017, 02:21 PM
Granny Bear's Avatar
Granny Bear Granny Bear is offline
BGR Staff



Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: "In the deep dark hills....."
Posts: 15,838
Likes: 6,591
Liked 5,575 Times in 3,525 Posts
Granny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the rough
Default
^Like you??


__________________



MERRY CHRISTMAS
HAPPY NEW YEAR
Send a private message to Granny Bear Add Granny Bear to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 11-19-2017, 02:24 PM
bucslover68's Avatar
bucslover68 bucslover68 is offline
Head Coach
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: pikeville
Posts: 2,486
Likes: 104
Liked 714 Times in 431 Posts
bucslover68 has a spectacular aura aboutbucslover68 has a spectacular aura about
Default
My point in responding to Hound, whom I respect his/her posts, is that people can laugh at someone saying that an individual is the best in the country and who knows who is really best, but he WAS the nominee from KY and the WINNER nationally of Coach of the Year presented by the National High School Athletic Coaches Association last year. So he does have some national merit to back up whatever claims people want to make about him. The fact that he has done what he has done in a small town with a relatively small school is a record that stands on its own and is very deserving of whatever awards or recognition comes his way.
Likes: (1)
cuppett777 (11-21-2017)
Send a private message to bucslover68 Add bucslover68 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 11-19-2017, 03:04 PM
pjdoug's Avatar
pjdoug pjdoug is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 13,792
Likes: 7,433
Liked 2,631 Times in 2,048 Posts
pjdoug will become famous soon enough
Default
Originally Posted by Granny Bear View Post
^Like you??

Nothing at all like me
__________________
Send a private message to pjdoug Add pjdoug to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 11-19-2017, 06:13 PM
#55PirateFan #55PirateFan is offline
Cheerleader
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 312
Likes: 341
Liked 170 Times in 95 Posts
#55PirateFan is on a distinguished road
Default
Dang yall, I'm still crushed over Friday night! Is that normal? I've never felt this way over a sporting event my entire life and I'm 41 years old. Maybe I'm just being a big man baby I don't know but this sucks!
Send a private message to #55PirateFan Add #55PirateFan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 11-19-2017, 06:34 PM
Snow Snow is offline
Suspended
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 502
Likes: 130
Liked 30 Times in 24 Posts
Snow is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by smoke1015 View Post
I myself did not having a thing against Belfry, you, or anyone from there. Until the putdown comment, that had nothing to do with Belfry, and wasn't confused as arrogance. Then an edited post, while leaving another Belfry member's insult up. That is nothing against Belfry football, Belfry folks in general, but for a moderator being unfair. Having said that, I take no pleasure in any team losing this time of year. If my team isn't in it, I'm rooting for good football, plain and simple. People in life deserve things, usually adults, and maybe not to fall down a flight of steps, and a broken ankle, but deserve a return insult, from a hundred miles away, thick skin can take that. Kids don't deserve to lose heart breaking games because of what some guy on the internet said, either way. Congrats to all teams that made the regional championships, and are going beyond. In the future, leave the cakewalk comments for the non Christians, Godly men, to make.
I agree with every point in your post you have made
Send a private message to Snow Add Snow to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 11-19-2017, 06:59 PM
Cakebattermatters Cakebattermatters is offline
Equipment Manager
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 55
Likes: 2
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Cakebattermatters is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by #55PirateFan View Post
I have to say I'm amazed at how this thread has went. After all the trash talking and arrogance that some of our fans show on hear you guys have been a class act. I try my best to be professional, respectful, and nice as I possibly can on here and I was expecting just total smashing of Belfry today and it's quite the opposite. Thank you guys. I couldn't get on last night after the game because I just didn't want to here it. But after reading most of these comments from you guys, it's really helped the hurt. Again, thank you guys. It hurt when we lost. But what hurt the most was seeing my son, who is the starting Center and just a Sophmore coming out of the locker room and I could tell he had been crying just broke my heart. What can a man say to his son at that moment? I just didn't know. I'm in the Army and have taught my boys to be strong as I am but at times like that we all are very humbled. He told his Mom that what hurt the most was that he felt he let the Seniors down. I was so proud of him for thinking of others instead of himself at a time like that. So very proud of you #55, you've made your mom and dad very proud of the young man you've become. Back to the game, congrats Central. No excuses here you guys wanted it more and beat us. Plain and simple. Good Luck the rest of the way although now I've become a Corbin fan the rest of the year. I love mountain football and nothing would please me more than to see the Hounds win the title. Good Luck to all teams left. May God bless you young men with a great injury free run at the championship. Finally, just one more time I want to thank all you classy fans here on this site. Belfry fans opened the door for you guys to hammer us after a defeat and haven't done that. Thanks BGR.
Very classy, great season!
Likes: (1)
#55PirateFan (11-19-2017)
Send a private message to Cakebattermatters Add Cakebattermatters to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 11-19-2017, 07:16 PM
smoke1015 smoke1015 is offline
Scout Team
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 592
Likes: 144
Liked 155 Times in 109 Posts
smoke1015 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default
Originally Posted by #55PirateFan View Post
Dang yall, I'm still crushed over Friday night! Is that normal? I've never felt this way over a sporting event my entire life and I'm 41 years old. Maybe I'm just being a big man baby I don't know but this sucks!
Some losses effect people different ways. It might be a team that isn't very good, and lose a rare scheduled game they are supposed to win, or a very good team that losses a game that is being called even. I was stunned just a week ago, getting beat by a team that most said we'd beat by 3 to 4 scores. Like Belfry, we were injured. Unlike Belfry we played a much lesser opponent. I was probably just as crushed. This was the first group of seniors I had coached with since the 3rd grade. I did not expect Central to win that game Friday night, and certainly not how it was won. Possibly Belfry could win that game 50% of the time, maybe more. It definitely was one of those games that nothing really went right. I can relate.
Likes: (1)
#55PirateFan (11-19-2017)
Send a private message to smoke1015 Add smoke1015 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 11-19-2017, 07:34 PM
oldschool77 oldschool77 is offline
Statistician
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 241
Likes: 12
Liked 71 Times in 46 Posts
oldschool77 is on a distinguished road
Default
It hurts to lose a game you expect to win at any point in the season. The finality of a loss like this in the playoffs is what makes it so brutal. During the season there is always a "next game" to think about and get back to the win column.
Likes: (2)
#55PirateFan (11-19-2017), smoke1015 (11-20-2017)
Send a private message to oldschool77 Add oldschool77 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 11-19-2017, 08:38 PM
EKUAlum05's Avatar
EKUAlum05 EKUAlum05 is offline
BGR Staff



Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Suwanee, GA
Posts: 15,927
Likes: 37
Liked 3,663 Times in 2,037 Posts
EKUAlum05 is just really niceEKUAlum05 is just really niceEKUAlum05 is just really niceEKUAlum05 is just really niceEKUAlum05 is just really nice
Default
Wasnt able to follow this one live and had to get texts.

Central was the superior team and took it to Belfry and deserve all the credit.

What a run for these Pirate Seniors and hated that injuries had to keep kids like Wellman from being able to "go down with the ship" while playing their hearts out like they have their entire career. Belfry still doesn't win..but just know it had to feel unfair that something like an injury kept them on the sideline. That's football though.

Much respect to Central and at least for this year it is back to the drawing board for Belfry. Been a great ride.
Likes: (1)
#55PirateFan (11-19-2017)
Send a private message to EKUAlum05 Add EKUAlum05 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 11-19-2017, 09:56 PM
pjdoug's Avatar
pjdoug pjdoug is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 13,792
Likes: 7,433
Liked 2,631 Times in 2,048 Posts
pjdoug will become famous soon enough
Default
Originally Posted by #55PirateFan View Post
Dang yall, I'm still crushed over Friday night! Is that normal? I've never felt this way over a sporting event my entire life and I'm 41 years old. Maybe I'm just being a big man baby I don't know but this sucks!
imagine how it feels for me wanting my team to win state
__________________
Likes: (1)
#55PirateFan (11-19-2017)
Send a private message to pjdoug Add pjdoug to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 11-19-2017, 10:01 PM
pjdoug's Avatar
pjdoug pjdoug is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 13,792
Likes: 7,433
Liked 2,631 Times in 2,048 Posts
pjdoug will become famous soon enough
Default
Originally Posted by oldschool77 View Post
It hurts to lose a game you expect to win at any point in the season. The finality of a loss like this in the playoffs is what makes it so brutal. During the season there is always a "next game" to think about and get back to the win column.
This is what aggravates me when some fans say their team worked harder is why they won state.it is simply not true. kids that play on teams with not much of a winning tradition still put their heart and soul into it and work as hard as anybody. imagine kids putting all the time and work in and never get a win.
__________________
Likes: (2)
#55PirateFan (11-19-2017), Hatz (11-20-2017)
Send a private message to pjdoug Add pjdoug to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 11-19-2017, 10:23 PM
#55PirateFan #55PirateFan is offline
Cheerleader
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 312
Likes: 341
Liked 170 Times in 95 Posts
#55PirateFan is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by pjdoug View Post
imagine how it feels for me wanting my team to win state
Hang in there brother, it'll happen.
Send a private message to #55PirateFan Add #55PirateFan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 11-19-2017, 11:30 PM
Single Wing 77 Single Wing 77 is online now
2nd String
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 771
Likes: 84
Liked 311 Times in 186 Posts
Single Wing 77 is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by pjdoug View Post
imagine how it feels for me wanting my team to win state
There is a big difference between hope and expectation. You hope your team will shock the world and win a fluke state title. Belfry folks expect to win a state title because they actually compete at that level on a regular basis. Something that "your school" has never done.
Send a private message to Single Wing 77 Add Single Wing 77 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Reply

  BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Football

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -9. The time now is 06:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.