Rate This Thread - Class AAA Semifinals: Corbin at Central.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2017, 01:51 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 2,632 Times in 2,049 Posts
pjdoug will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by smoke1015 View Post
I'm telling you guys that, Central has gotten unbelievably better in 1 year. I'm not just one of these on here that is going by the score and updates. I was giving updates at the Belfry/Central game. Turnovers were huge, of course, and Central was causing them. They were hitting so hard, going after the ball so much, not a case of just shaky ball control by Belfry, but big hits and determined kids seeking the turnover. And Central was unstoppable once they got the ball. We can add all these stats of what they didn't do all year, their offense was rolling last Friday night. If they can put that type of game together again, it's a long night for the opposing team. Going to Central the past, 6 years at least once, there was the most fan turnout I'd ever seen for Central. The stands were packed, when usually there is only 20 fans there, and 100 band kids...not that way last week. I'd say they'll turn up, with energy feeding into the kids again this Friday. Not sure we'll make this trip again, or go to Boyle and Etown, but I expect Central to be up for this game as well. I do expect it to be a better game as far as the final score. But in reality, Belfry was right there with Central for a half, then Central's defense cranked up another level, and their offense could not be stopped. I expect Corbin will do better in coverage, and get a little more pressure on the Central QB. Belfry's D line just couldn't get even an ounce of pressure on Central. That may be one of the main differences, Corbin's D line is light, but are taller and quicker than Belfry's.
Going after the ball will caused them to get burned a lot. Corbin matches up better with them and will give them trouble.

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 11-19-2017, 02:18 PM
Scout Team
Liked 155 Times in 109 Posts
smoke1015 is an unknown quantity at this point
What I have found is Central didn't get rolling this year until they put in that Mykah Williams as their featured running back. Kid has some speed, but legs are incredibly strong, but the main thing is the fight he has to get the extra yards.
Send a private message to smoke1015 Add smoke1015 to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-19-2017, 02:20 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

What I have found is Central didn't get rolling this year until they put in that Mykah Williams as their featured running back. Kid has some speed, but legs are incredibly strong, but the main thing is the fight he has to get the extra yards.
He is tough, but you know The Hounds well enough to know that they will be flying to the ball .
Old 11-19-2017, 02:21 PM
Scout Team
Originally Posted by Corbin View Post
Corbinís D will be the best Central has seen all year long. You can bank on that.
You have a great defense...Better than Saint X's defense??? I don't know about that man.
Old 11-19-2017, 02:26 PM
Scout Team
Liked 340 Times in 178 Posts
cherokee is on a distinguished road
I look for this to be a good game just like the last 2 times they played. In 2014 Central won on a second chance hail-mary throw that bounced off a kids leg and went into the hands of a central player for the win ( this play made ESPN sport center ). In 2015 Knox Central beat central in the pigskin classic. In 2016 Corbin beat central by 7 in the pig skin classic.
Send a private message to cherokee Add cherokee to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-19-2017, 02:43 PM
Statistician
Liked 80 Times in 56 Posts
The Spread is on a distinguished road
Smoke,

Not meaning to be disrespectful at all, please don't take it that way, but I have to ask. Where was this enthusiasm about Central 3 weeks ago? Was Friday the first time you saw them play this year? I'm legit wondering.

It's not just you, but it's all the sudden Central is the best and we're all playing for seconds.

The beat a very injured football team who probably played their worst game in 3 years. I'm just trying to see the perspective where suddenly Corbin is about to get ran off the field Friday night.
Cellking (11-20-2017), Jack Lambert (11-19-2017)
Send a private message to The Spread Add The Spread to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-19-2017, 03:00 PM
Scout Team
Originally Posted by The Spread View Post
Smoke,

Not meaning to be disrespectful at all, please don't take it that way, but I have to ask. Where was this enthusiasm about Central 3 weeks ago? Was Friday the first time you saw them play this year? I'm legit wondering.

It's not just you, but it's all the sudden Central is the best and we're all playing for seconds.

The beat a very injured football team who probably played their worst game in 3 years. I'm just trying to see the perspective where suddenly Corbin is about to get ran off the field Friday night.
I've already said, multiple times, I was wrong about Central (I had previously said they weren't any better than the #5,#6, and #7 3A teams). As soon as I watched that game, during the updates from the 2nd quarter on, I said I was wrong about them. I thought it wasn't a Central team like in their championship years, and didn't feel like they were any better than the #4 to #7, 3A team..But they sure looked like it in person.

Who all was hurt for Belfry? One kid was all I was hearing. Although Central was putting many of Belfry's kids on the sideline in this game. 1 kid can make a pretty big deal in high-school, but a running clock difference? Judging what I've seen, Central is a level above everything I've seen this year with my own eyes, except for 3 teams. I've watched the following good teams, personally; Boyle and Wayne, Danville, Corbin, Belfry, and Central. Central feels a little bit better than all of them, to me. You guys will play the game, and if you win, Boyle or Etown will probably be in trouble.

That running back wasn't getting any carries early on for Central, not sure why. Even in their game with Fern Creek, until late... I believe about the 13:28 mark of this video, Central found their featured running back...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doQObXBpZL8
Old 11-19-2017, 04:05 PM
Scout Team
Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
I look for this to be a good game just like the last 2 times they played. In 2014 Central won on a second chance hail-mary throw that bounced off a kids leg and went into the hands of a central player for the win ( this play made ESPN sport center ). In 2015 Knox Central beat central in the pigskin classic. In 2016 Corbin beat central by 7 in the pig skin classic.
Man, Cherokee....I hope that doesn't happen again to either team. I was at that game, standing right in front of the play. I still don't know if the penalty the refs threw was fully warranted. In fairness, it just don't seem a team should get an extra shot for the win.
Old 11-19-2017, 04:49 PM
2nd String
Liked 311 Times in 186 Posts
Single Wing 77 is on a distinguished road
When the fullback in a triple option offense goes down it effects everything. Most importantly the mesh point. The QB and FB have ran that mesh a million times. That's just something that is not going to be replaced in a week of practice. Three of belfry's fumbles were either at the mesh point of by the fullback which was most likely affected by the mesh point.

While central did look very physical, belfry's backs also fell forward every play. I think the score of the belfry central game was a combination of a lot of things. At the end of the day though, central played their best game till this point in the season and belfry played their worst.

I think whoever wins this game will have to play their best game to this point. I don't think either team will be intimidated in this game. Central has played better teams than Corbin, and Corbin has played better teams than central.

Can't wait till Friday!!! Still going with the hounds by 14.
#55PirateFan (11-20-2017)
Send a private message to Single Wing 77 Add Single Wing 77 to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-19-2017, 05:15 PM
BGR Staff

Liked 5,576 Times in 3,526 Posts
Granny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the rough
Somebody BETTER be updating!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS
HAPPY NEW YEAR
Send a private message to Granny Bear Add Granny Bear to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-19-2017, 05:21 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 3,722 Times in 2,716 Posts
64SUR will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Granny Bear View Post
Somebody BETTER be updating!!!
I vote for RIUTG or Eíarmy to update
Granny Bear (11-19-2017)
Send a private message to 64SUR Add 64SUR to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-19-2017, 06:49 PM
BGR Staff

Granny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the rough
Just make sure your phone is fully charged!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS
HAPPY NEW YEAR
Send a private message to Granny Bear Add Granny Bear to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-19-2017, 09:17 PM
Scout Team
Liked 196 Times in 132 Posts
Hound05 is on a distinguished road
Just make sure your phone is fully charged!!!

Iím starting a go fund me for a power stick for the poor guy. Hahah. I was going to go but looks like Iím gonna have to rely on radio and him.
Send a private message to Hound05 Add Hound05 to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-19-2017, 09:37 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Originally Posted by 64SUR View Post
I vote for RIUTG or Eíarmy to update
stay sober and charge your phone .
Old 11-19-2017, 10:57 PM
Scout Team
Originally Posted by pjdoug View Post
stay sober and charge your phone .
Whoa whoa whoaaaa... pick one or the other man. Sheeeeshhh! You want him to pat his head and rub his stomach too?😉. Are they gonna stream it as well?

That place will be rockin Friday. Theyíll go through enough fish to put FatPat to shame!
Granny Bear (11-20-2017)
Old 11-19-2017, 11:07 PM
Statistician
Liked 25 Times in 17 Posts
campbellfield is on a distinguished road
We got this...Belfry was in trouble after the Johnson Central game. Giving up 26 to both Nelson and Waggener had to be a red flag. Then they lose their best player on both sides of the ball and then the QB and possibly another key player? Take that from any team and see what happens...Other than the WV teams, Belfry played a fairly weak schedule, they were not the team they have been the past 4 years, they were a very good team though.
Central is a very good team, not as good as the margin of the Belfry game, but very good. They also have a first year head coach...Scroggins is gone...Greerís defense will be prepared for anything. Haddix offense will have many new wrinkles they havenít shown yet. This will be a good game but look for the hounds to leave Louisville with a win.
Send a private message to campbellfield Add campbellfield to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-20-2017, 08:23 AM
Head Coach
Liked 817 Times in 533 Posts
Cellking is on a distinguished road
Got to go with Corbin, Haddix , Greer and Cam, a very good combination. Will be a good game and a great win for Corbin. Get #6.
Send a private message to Cellking Add Cellking to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-20-2017, 08:27 AM
BGR Staff

I finally found some film of Central. They are an exceptional football team. Lightening fast, and strong on the line. It will be at home, too.

My head says Central will pull this one off at home, but my heart stays with Corbin.

I always go with my heart!!!

Corbin Houndettes by 6!!!

Go Big Red!!

Oh and PS.....I respect Haddix as a head coach so very much! I was talking to Zack about him yesterday, as he was the coach of the team Zack played on during the Border Bowl. He confirmed to me what a quality coach and person that Haddix is. He just may be the intrinsic factor in this game.

MERRY CHRISTMAS
HAPPY NEW YEAR
smoke1015 (11-20-2017)
Old 11-20-2017, 08:50 AM
Starter
Liked 345 Times in 211 Posts
Willie Turnover is on a distinguished road
Granny Bear is using some uppity language. Intrinsic
smoke1015 (11-20-2017)
Send a private message to Willie Turnover Add Willie Turnover to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-20-2017, 09:01 AM
Statistician
Liked 29 Times in 28 Posts
Fighter09 is on a distinguished road
If Central can beat Belfry by 40 points then Corbin is in trouble Friday night. Sorry Corbin fans, this is just my opinion. I know Belfry lost a lot to graduation, last season. But Belfry would beat Corbin I do believe.
jax (11-20-2017)
Send a private message to Fighter09 Add Fighter09 to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-20-2017, 10:07 AM
Scout Team
I finally found some film of Central. They are an exceptional football team. Lightening fast, and strong on the line. It will be at home, too.

My head says Central will pull this one off at home, but my heart stays with Corbin.

I always go with my heart!!!

Corbin Houndettes by 6!!!

Go Big Red!!

Oh and PS.....I respect Haddix as a head coach so very much! I was talking to Zack about him yesterday, as he was the coach of the team Zack played on during the Border Bowl. He confirmed to me what a quality coach and person that Haddix is. He just may be the intrinsic factor in this game.
Yeah granny they are way better than I thought. I'm not saying Corbin can't win but even a mediocre central team is hard to beat at central. I just don't understand why it took central till midseason to feature #9 in their backfield! Kid is a stud. One sign I guess I should have been aware of, of centrals potential this year, they only had 2 losses! The tough schedule central plays, even when they have won championships they often have 4 or 5 losses on their record... this year only 2 losses... yikes! Red flag alert.
Old 11-20-2017, 10:20 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 3,722 Times in 2,716 Posts
64SUR will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Fighter09 View Post
If Central can beat Belfry by 40 points then Corbin is in trouble Friday night. Sorry Corbin fans, this is just my opinion. I know Belfry lost a lot to graduation, last season. But Belfry would beat Corbin I do believe.
You have the privilege Fighter09 to make a prediction between Central vs Corbin game.
Send a private message to 64SUR Add 64SUR to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-20-2017, 10:35 AM
Head Coach
Liked 213 Times in 161 Posts
Tica will become famous soon enoughTica will become famous soon enough
Just an observation, reading the Corbin fans' comments this week is a lot like reading the Belfry fans' comments last week. Good luck.
Send a private message to Tica Add Tica to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-20-2017, 11:00 AM
Scout Team
Yeah granny they are way better than I thought. I'm not saying Corbin can't win but even a mediocre central team is hard to beat at central. I just don't understand why it took central till midseason to feature #9 in their backfield! Kid is a stud. One sign I guess I should have been aware of, of centrals potential this year, they only had 2 losses! The tough schedule central plays, even when they have won championships they often have 4 or 5 losses on their record... this year only 2 losses... yikes! Red flag alert.
I generally agree with ya smoke. Youíre level headed and for the most part objective. But I ask you, who had central beat that is note worthy other than belfry that would put them head and shoulders above a corbin team thatís had just as tough of a schedule with better results?
Old 11-20-2017, 11:09 AM
Scout Team
Originally Posted by Fighter09 View Post
Youíre entitled to an opinion, even though youíre wrong. There is no factual evidence to prove belfry would beat corbin or vice versa. We will never know. But that has little to do with anything. Belfry might beat corbin. But I guarantee corbin has a better defense and matches up better with central than belfry does. And thatís what matters. Matchups!! Alcoa, beechwood, and mayfield have prepared us for this game and weíve seen the results of those games. Alcoaís speed and size is similar to centralís. So we know what we have to do player and coaching wise. The experience from that game is invaluable. People can talk about their D lines speed. Alcoa had the same thing. Screen passes neutralizes that. Guess who one of the best screen teams is???? Daaaaaa Houndsssss
Old 11-20-2017, 12:17 PM
BGR Staff

Originally Posted by Willie Turnover View Post
Granny Bear is using some uppity language. Intrinsic
I am the uppitiest person that I know!!!

Intrinsic is just a good adjective to describe Haddix, IMO.

He looks like a good ole boy who loves to eat! lol And I don't mean that in a negative way at all!! BUT, he really dissects a game and is really smart in his play calling. He has a skill that's difficult to describe......intrinsic!

MERRY CHRISTMAS
HAPPY NEW YEAR
Willie Turnover (11-20-2017)
Old 11-20-2017, 12:28 PM
Starter
Liked 345 Times in 211 Posts
Willie Turnover is on a distinguished road
At first I thought it was a cuss word, but then I realized it had more than 4 letters. lol

Last edited by Willie Turnover; 11-20-2017 at 12:36 PM. Reason: it not is
Send a private message to Willie Turnover Add Willie Turnover to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-20-2017, 01:45 PM
Starter
Liked 576 Times in 330 Posts
AtlPirateFan is on a distinguished road
We can make a million excuses for why Belfry lost Friday night ( Wellman's injury, 4 hour bus ride, over confidence, etc) but at the end of the day none of them matter. What matters is Central 60 - Belfry 21, Belfry entered defending champs and left dethroned, our season and our run of title appearances is over. Now it's Thanksgiving week and Belfry doesn't matter any more for the rest of the year. It's now only about Corbin, Central, ETown and Boyle.

Corbin has played a **** of a schedule and Central is locked in right now and were disguised by their perceived weaker schedule. I think in this game that Corbin matches up much better against Central than Belfry did. Offensively, outside of fumbles Belfry ran well against Central and were able to break several big runs against Centrals defense. Corbin is way more balanced than Belfry, we all know that and I think this is what will give Corbin the edge. Corbin also brings a better Defense to Louisville than Belfry did, Belfry has been small, but fast all year long which was exposed by power runners with decent speed, Corbin has played better competition and held up in tight games.

My prediction:
Corbin 27
Central 22
64SUR (11-20-2017), Hound05 (11-20-2017)
Send a private message to AtlPirateFan Add AtlPirateFan to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-20-2017, 01:46 PM
Head Coach
Liked 714 Times in 431 Posts
bucslover68 has a spectacular aura aboutbucslover68 has a spectacular aura about
I’ll say one thing, and not just based on what happened Friday night. Central has a level of physicality that they just didn’t have last year. 2 really good running backs and a QB that shows really good poise and he threw the ball much better than we thought he would. Bowman is a game changer and the other linebacker is just as good. Central’s defense attacked Belfry totally different than anyone has. If Corbin is to win you better not make many mistakes because I’ve said it many times that Central makes you pay for turnovers better than any team I’ve ever seen.
Send a private message to bucslover68 Add bucslover68 to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-20-2017, 01:47 PM
BGR Staff

Liked 3,663 Times in 2,037 Posts
EKUAlum05 is just really niceEKUAlum05 is just really niceEKUAlum05 is just really niceEKUAlum05 is just really niceEKUAlum05 is just really nice
Originally Posted by Hound05 View Post
I generally agree with ya smoke. Youíre level headed and for the most part objective. But I ask you, who had central beat that is note worthy other than belfry that would put them head and shoulders above a corbin team thatís had just as tough of a schedule with better results?
PRP appeared to be a really nice win... remember they had beat Bowling Green. Obviously with BG going down it isn't as nice of a win on paper.
Send a private message to EKUAlum05 Add EKUAlum05 to Your Contacts Top of page
Closed Thread

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Football