Rate This Thread - Top players in the 14th Region 2019-20.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 10-31-2019, 12:22 PM
Head Coach
Liked 314 Times in 249 Posts
fatpatfan is on a distinguished road

Bruthas bruthas bruthas looky here Spiderman Mcguire and Quick Draw Mcgraw Napier are lights freaking out! Big Bizness will have the players smoking hot as the Pats chase another trophy bruh! Ole Fatpat gotz a feeling the X Factor be a special playa for the King! #knightsoftheroundtable #toptaterplayas More mash taters please!!!
Send a private message to fatpatfan Add fatpatfan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 10-31-2019, 01:24 PM
Statistician
Liked 20 Times in 14 Posts
Da Truth is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by fatpatfan View Post

Bruthas bruthas bruthas looky here Spiderman Mcguire and Quick Draw Mcgraw Napier are lights freaking out! Big Bizness will have the players smoking hot as the Pats chase another trophy bruh! Ole Fatpat gotz a feeling the X Factor be a special playa for the King! #knightsoftheroundtable #toptaterplayas More mash taters please!!!

Please explain to me how Knott is the top team in the region? Knott county has a couple of players but not enough depth or skill to make a run in the region. McGuire is a skilled big guy for the region, but lacks stamina. Napier is slow off the dribble which limits his abilities to score. If that's not enough, they do not have any subs to bring into the game that can compete. Nothing against these kids, but I just don't think they are on the level in which you believe they are on. Coach King is a top notch coach, but he can't work magic tricks. The region is not dominant in any means, but I believe there are other teams in the region that will be able to put Knott away on most nights.
Send a private message to Da Truth Add Da Truth to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 04:32 PM
Water Boy
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Wolfeman is on a distinguished road
When Tolson was in 8th grade Rick Bolus rated him as one of the best prospects in the state and a top 5 point guard in the 2021 class. Since then he’s been shuffled around from school to school. Now that he’s back home at Wolfe, I’m very optimistic he’ll have a breakout season.
Send a private message to Wolfeman Add Wolfeman to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 10:04 AM
Scout Team
Liked 61 Times in 50 Posts
jumpshooter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to jumpshooter
Originally Posted by Wolfeman View Post
When Tolson was in 8th grade Rick Bolus rated him as one of the best prospects in the state and a top 5 point guard in the 2021 class. Since then he’s been shuffled around from school to school. Now that he’s back home at Wolfe, I’m very optimistic he’ll have a breakout season.
lol. If this is the case, It won't be long until Cal makes the trip to Campton, right? Get out of here with that crap.
Send a private message to jumpshooter Add jumpshooter to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 11:26 AM
Water Boy
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Crap? Do a little research Dumps@tter!
Send a private message to Wolfeman Add Wolfeman to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 10:13 PM
Head Coach
Liked 206 Times in 143 Posts
LOOKAYANNER is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jumpshooter View Post
lol. If this is the case, It won't be long until Cal makes the trip to Campton, right? Get out of here with that crap.
Unless something’s changed since last year the best player on Wolfe’s team is the Johnson kid.
Send a private message to LOOKAYANNER Add LOOKAYANNER to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 12:14 PM
Water Boy
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Johnson is a fantastic player, but just because the folks controlling the narrative want him to be the best player in the team, doesn’t mean he truly is. Wolfe county is loaded this year and if they’ll all play together and not let politics and egos get in the way, they’ve got a real shot at winning district and region.
Old 11-03-2019, 01:20 PM
Head Coach
Johnson is a fantastic player, but just because the folks controlling the narrative want him to be the best player in the team, doesn’t mean he truly is. Wolfe county is loaded this year and if they’ll all play together and not let politics and egos get in the way, they’ve got a real shot at winning district and region.
Sounds like they’re going to be very good. Looking forward to seeing them in action sometime during the season.

It would have been nice if they had been invited to the WYMT Mountain Classic.
Send a private message to LOOKAYANNER Add LOOKAYANNER to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 03:01 PM
Head Coach
Tell us something about the 6’3 middle school kid that could possibly start for the Wolves this year. I heard he has a great amount of potential. I believe his last name is Ritchie.
Old 11-03-2019, 06:20 PM
Water Boy
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Just my opinion, but If the Richie kid will stay put and not switch schools another 10 times before he’s a freshman, I think he’s got real potential to be a top player in the state before he graduates. He’s worked hard with the Wolfe county coaching staff all summer and fall in the weight room and on the court. It will be interesting to see if he’s grown enough physically to compete on a high school level down low at such a young age.
Old 11-03-2019, 07:35 PM
2nd String
Liked 120 Times in 106 Posts
hitter is on a distinguished road
He can’t shoot good enough
Send a private message to hitter Add hitter to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 11:17 PM
2nd String
Liked 141 Times in 107 Posts
Bulldogs4Ever is on a distinguished road
Hes about 6'6. Dont got to shoot but about 4 or 5 feet from the basket. He is a 4 or 5. Hes only a pup. Skyler will end up 6'8 or 6'9.
Send a private message to Bulldogs4Ever Add Bulldogs4Ever to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 11:41 PM
Scout Team
Liked 87 Times in 51 Posts
Reds#1Fan is on a distinguished road
The Ritchie kid could be the difference for Wolfe this season. If they will commit to playing defense they will have a serious shot at winning the region. I look for Wolfe to focus on having better discipline on D and forcing teams to beat them from outside. Last year they gave up way to many layups by gambling for low percentage steals.
Send a private message to Reds#1Fan Add Reds#1Fan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 09:57 AM
Head Coach
Originally Posted by Reds#1Fan View Post
The Ritchie kid could be the difference for Wolfe this season. If they will commit to playing defense they will have a serious shot at winning the region. I look for Wolfe to focus on having better discipline on D and forcing teams to beat them from outside. Last year they gave up way to many layups by gambling for low percentage steals.
Historically, scoring has never been a problem for Wolfe teams but I agree with you on your defense comment, that’s the area they’ve always had weaknesses. If they get that straightened out this year they could be a big factor in the region, maybe even win it.
Old 11-04-2019, 06:04 PM
Water Boy
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
If the Wolfe county boys will play unselfish and get each other good shots, they’ll average 80-90 points a game. They have at least 3 starters that are capable of having 30+ point games. So, if they share the ball, it will be tough to focus on just one player. I also agree, defense is they’re biggest concern.
Old 11-04-2019, 06:05 PM
Water Boy
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
How about Cordia? I heard they’re looking good. I know they have an outstanding coach in Fugate.
Old 11-05-2019, 01:21 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 19 Times in 14 Posts
FunFan is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Da Truth View Post
Please explain to me how Knott is the top team in the region? Knott county has a couple of players but not enough depth or skill to make a run in the region. McGuire is a skilled big guy for the region, but lacks stamina. Napier is slow off the dribble which limits his abilities to score. If that's not enough, they do not have any subs to bring into the game that can compete. Nothing against these kids, but I just don't think they are on the level in which you believe they are on. Coach King is a top notch coach, but he can't work magic tricks. The region is not dominant in any means, but I believe there are other teams in the region that will be able to put Knott away on most nights.
The Cats Pause ranked them at #3 I believe, with 2 of them top 10 players in the region. They may not be the top team in the region but the coaches in the 14th region certainly think they are in the mix. Additionally, Xavier Higgins moved back from New York, which will give some additional depth at the guard position.
Send a private message to FunFan Add FunFan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Boys Basketball