Rate This Thread - Madisonville North Hopkins 20 Hopkinsville 18.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 10-11-2019, 11:32 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 1,484 Times in 1,025 Posts
Westside is on a distinguished road
Default Madisonville North Hopkins 20 Hopkinsville 18
Final
Send a private message to Westside Add Westside to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 10-12-2019, 01:22 AM
Head Coach
Liked 506 Times in 358 Posts
killbilly usmc is on a distinguished road
Went to this game. Madisonville was up 20-0 early in the 3rd, then Hoptown made a comeback. Hoptown kicker got hurt on a punt in the first half, so Hoptown went for 2 on all 3 tds, and failed to convert all 3 times, the last was with 20 seconds to go to try to tie it up. Not understanding why Hoptown tried to throw the ball for every 2 point attempt. They lined up in the spread just like all night. There 1st Attempt was from the 1 and a half after Madisonville jumped. I'm just used to seeing teams line up in the power I when its short yardage like that. Every time it was 3rd, or 4th, and short they lined up in the spread. Hoptown needs to install a heavy package for situations like that.
Westside (10-12-2019)
Send a private message to killbilly usmc Add killbilly usmc to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 02:09 AM
Head Coach
Liked 506 Times in 358 Posts
killbilly usmc is on a distinguished road
As of right now Logan County holds the tiebreaker for 1st place in the district with 12 points. Both Hoptown, and Madisonville has 9 points. 1st place is huge in this district cause the 2nd, and 3rd place teams will meet 1st round. The last week of the regular season will decide who gets the easy 1st round. That week Logan County plays South Warren, Hopkinsville plays Paducah Tilghman, and Madisonville plays Mayfield. If Logan beats South Warren they will hold tiebreaker, but I don't think they will beat South. If they don't beat South Warren Madisonville could steal 1st place if they beat Mayfield. If Neither Logan, or Madisonville wins those games Hoptown could take it by beating Tilghman.
Westside (10-12-2019)
Send a private message to killbilly usmc Add killbilly usmc to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 10:24 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 2,835 Times in 2,057 Posts
E's Army is on a distinguished road
Congrats to Madisonville. May be the most competitive district in the state.
Send a private message to E's Army Add E's Army to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 01:40 PM
Asst. Coach
Liked 338 Times in 231 Posts
KYHSFBFan is on a distinguished road
3 evenly matched teams. If I were to guess, I'd say Hoptown ends up at #1, Logan at #2 and Madisonville at #3.. I think Hoptown is the most likely to win that final game than the other 2 and since Logan has the most points now, they'll likely stay ahead of Madisonville.

I've got a question for anyone who may be familiar with Logan's program. Are the Russellville kids now attending Logan? I ask because the last 2 or 3 years, Logan's gotten a lot better and at the same time, Russellville's gone downhill. Is that a coincidence or is there something to that.
Send a private message to KYHSFBFan Add KYHSFBFan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Football