Rate This Thread - Who is in your top 5?.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 10-08-2019, 05:47 PM

Liked 1,027 Times in 795 Posts
Spud6 is a jewel in the roughSpud6 is a jewel in the roughSpud6 is a jewel in the rough
Default Who is in your top 5?
What teams this year would you put 1 through 5? Seems to be the biggest talk every time you turn ESPN on and they are talking college football so I wanted to get a discussion going on here

Last edited by Spud6; 10-08-2019 at 06:29 PM.
Send a private message to Spud6 Add Spud6 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 10-08-2019, 08:51 PM
Starter
Liked 457 Times in 316 Posts
Van Hagar is on a distinguished road
Just based on how they’ve played so far, not how I think they’ll finish, I’d say—
1. Ohio St. (Pains me to say that).
2. Alabama
3. Georgia
4. LSU
5. Oklahoma
Send a private message to Van Hagar Add Van Hagar to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 08:57 PM

Spud6 is a jewel in the roughSpud6 is a jewel in the roughSpud6 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Van Hagar View Post
Just based on how they’ve played so far, not how I think they’ll finish, I’d say—
2. Alabama
3. Georgia
4. LSU
5. Oklahoma
That’s a fair list. Now give me the how you think they’ll finish list
Old 10-09-2019, 07:18 AM
Starter
That’s tougher, just because of the SEC where teams are gonna beat up on each other. Clemson, who hasn’t looked dominant, and Oklahoma, whose conference isn’t that strong, could both wind up undefeated, although OU will probably have to beat Texas twice. And Ohio St. still has Penn St., Michigan and Wisconsin (probably twice). But I’ll take those three, I think the SEC might be held to one playoff team this year just because those other three could be undefeated. Loser of SEC title game could be undefeated until then, then get left out. So from the SEC, this year I’m taking LSU. Think they’ve got enough offense to get it done. Playoffs Ohio St. vs. Clemson, LSU vs. Oklahoma. Championship LSU over Ohio St. Now I’ll be lucky to have one team right.🙄
Send a private message to Van Hagar Add Van Hagar to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 09:16 AM

That’s tougher, just because of the SEC where teams are gonna beat up on each other. Clemson, who hasn’t looked dominant, and Oklahoma, whose conference isn’t that strong, could both wind up undefeated, although OU will probably have to beat Texas twice. And Ohio St. still has Penn St., Michigan and Wisconsin (probably twice). But I’ll take those three, I think the SEC might be held to one playoff team this year just because those other three could be undefeated. Loser of SEC title game could be undefeated until then, then get left out. So from the SEC, this year I’m taking LSU. Think they’ve got enough offense to get it done. Playoffs Ohio St. vs. Clemson, LSU vs. Oklahoma. Championship LSU over Ohio St. Now I’ll be lucky to have one team right.🙄
What do you think about a 6 team playoff? First two teams get a bye? But then you run into the fact that people will just say make it 8 teams and so on and so forth. But I think with 6 teams you have a real shot at giving the best opportunity to see who is the best team in the country. A lot of these teams face circumstances the others don’t. Like SEC when they are good have to play the LSUs, Auburn’s, Bama’s and Georgia before they even potentially make it to the playoffs.
Old 10-09-2019, 10:36 AM
Starter
You know, I could get behind that, let all five conference champions and one wild card in. No matter what number you let in, be it four, six, eight, or 64, some folks will always complain about who gets left out when a committee is doing the picking.
Old 10-09-2019, 06:09 PM

You know, I could get behind that, let all five conference champions and one wild card in. No matter what number you let in, be it four, six, eight, or 64, some folks will always complain about who gets left out when a committee is doing the picking.
That's my thinking as well. 6 teams would be perfect in my opinion and 8 would be too many but they could persuade me and I could see it being 8 before it would a 6 team playoff.
Old 10-10-2019, 04:59 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 1,484 Times in 1,025 Posts
Westside is on a distinguished road
I haven't got to see a lot of college football this season. I have watched a lot of the highlights on ESPN and Fox Sports as well as watched a lot of the game day shows. The "experts" seem to be jumping on the Ohio State bandwagon which tickles me not only because I'm a Buckeye fan, but because I'm tired of the annual Clemson-Alabama national championship game. The Buckeyes have a long way to go get as do the other teams. As far as LSU , they showed a lot of promise last year then got beat. The SEC West is a beast to get through them you are going to have Flordia or Georgia waiting for you in the conference title game. That is brutal.

I hope the playoffs are not expanded. I like it at 4 teams. The old 1 AA or FCS started their playoffs at 4 teams back in the late 70's and now they have around 20 or so teams getting in. That is just too many and I hope FBS isn't headed in that direction. I know it is just a matter of time before it is expanded, but I wish they would leave it alone.
Send a private message to Westside Add Westside to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 07:27 AM
Administrator

Liked 6,243 Times in 3,973 Posts
Granny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the rough
2. Alabama
3. Georgia
4. LSU
5. Oklahoma
I agree with this top 5. But as far as the order goes, who knows?
Old 10-13-2019, 08:43 AM
Starter
Guess you’d have to replace Georgia with Clemson now. I’m actually pulling for LSU to win it, but they’ve still got a long, hard road ahead.
Old 10-13-2019, 12:09 PM
Administrator

Liked 6,243 Times in 3,973 Posts
Granny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the rough
Not so sure. Both Clemson and Georgia have dropped the ball at some point during the season.
(see what I did there?)

Old 10-13-2019, 07:13 PM
Starter
Oh, you’re the clever one.😂😂But Clemson as defending champs just need to keep winning, be it ugly or not. They are at Louisville this week. So keep winning, Clemson.
cuppett777 (Yesterday)

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » College Sports » Football