View Poll Results: Who wins?
Boyle Co. Rebels 17 44.74%
Johnson Central Golden Eagles 21 55.26%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Rate This Thread - Boyle Co. vs. Johnson Central (Class 4A State Championship).

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old Today, 03:13 AM
Statistician
Liked 76 Times in 48 Posts
BCHSrebs is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by PHSForever View Post
Not by any stretch of the imagination am I a JC fan. Having said that....

Run it up, Eagles.
It's pep rally with young kids and people saying stuff there have no bearing on this game. Thicken up to skin. The boys there play have influence on this game, not words from those that don't. Players decidw
Send a private message to BCHSrebs Add BCHSrebs to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old Today, 05:41 AM
Scout Team
Liked 209 Times in 157 Posts
single shot is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Hatz View Post
Fat fingers.

Send a private message to single shot Add single shot to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:10 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 4,336 Times in 3,413 Posts
pjdoug will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
There are two videos from the Boyle County pep rally with the comments in question.

These are the quotes.......

"They live in these places called Hollers...Ö"

"A lot of people from Johnson Central can't even count to 100....."

I would lose my moderator position and be banned from BGR if I posted my true feelings about this........ I know for some of you, that would be an early birthday & Christmas gift if that happened.

So here's what I will say.
98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103.......
My birthday is coming up and I don't want that for a gift.
Old Today, 08:19 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Originally Posted by Westside View Post
I hate to get off topic here. FoSho, the Boyle County fan base brings things on themselves, and you are the worst of the bunch. You all always have an excuse for a close game. Last year it was a wet field and injuries. This year it's that you all decided to keep the offense vanilla. Why not just say that the other team was good? why always throw in an excuse. You all have a great team but could use a dose of humility. Fosho, as for you, you are constantly trolling other members, but if anyone posts something about you, you whine and complain. It's pathetic.

As for this game, I have no idea how it is going to go. Both are great teams in their own right and both have completely different styles. I think Boyle County may be the favorite, according to members of this site, but I like Johnson Central's chances. I will say this though, if Boyle County does indeed win, you won't get a bunch of excuses from the Johnson Central fan base.
I think she is mysonis55's equally arrogant twin sister.
Old Today, 08:27 AM
Hall of Fame

Location: Down on Mainstreet but thinking of Going to Katmandu
Liked 1,560 Times in 1,079 Posts
Bob Seger has a spectacular aura aboutBob Seger has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Hatz View Post
ďI Think Iím going to Kathmandu ...Ē.
Ah man, you blew that one for me. I was saving that line for the ESPN interview after the JC win.

Hatz (Today)
Send a private message to Bob Seger Add Bob Seger to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:33 AM
Head Coach
Liked 661 Times in 426 Posts
Hatz is on a distinguished road
https://mobile.twitter.com/tannertwe...187162112?s=21

He’ll need to dust this speech off again.
Send a private message to Hatz Add Hatz to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:10 AM
2nd String
Liked 528 Times in 293 Posts
Walt Longmire is on a distinguished road
It's made the news now:

https://www.wymt.com/content/news/Bo...72272.html?123
Send a private message to Walt Longmire Add Walt Longmire to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:23 AM
Hall of Fame

It's being reported on WSAZ out of Huntington, W.Va. as well.
Send a private message to Bob Seger Add Bob Seger to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:25 AM
BGR Staff

Liked 3,907 Times in 2,187 Posts
EKUAlum05 is just really niceEKUAlum05 is just really niceEKUAlum05 is just really niceEKUAlum05 is just really niceEKUAlum05 is just really nice
To quote one of the all time great responses in BGR history.....

ďAhh boysĒ
Send a private message to EKUAlum05 Add EKUAlum05 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:27 AM
BGR Staff

EKUAlum05 is just really niceEKUAlum05 is just really niceEKUAlum05 is just really niceEKUAlum05 is just really niceEKUAlum05 is just really nice
Bulletin board material? Sure!

Facebook Mama Bear getting upset worthy? Sure!

News worthy? Come the freak on! Really?
Hatz (Today)
Send a private message to EKUAlum05 Add EKUAlum05 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:34 AM
Scout Team
Originally Posted by Spud6 View Post
Just bad taste. The fact he used they live in places called hollers rubs me the wrong way. Lived on a creek for 25 years now, have a four year bachelors degree from Morehead State and a great job. Iím totally being soft here probably but that just got under my skin.
Iím with ya never wanted to live anywhere but my holler...Grew up hard and didnít really realize it, parents didnít have a lot of money but never went hungry just had to work ALL the time...Old man was one of the kindest hard working people Iíve ever known but if you slacked on your chores he would absolutely beat you within an inch of your life...Been blessed in this life, MS from Cumberland and great paying job had the opportunity to leave the area several times and as recently as couple months ago...just canít do it...
Bob Seger (Today), Jack Lambert (Today)
Send a private message to single shot Add single shot to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:35 AM
Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by EKUAlum05 View Post

I'm waiting for the Charles Barkley perspective.
Granny Bear (Today), Rebel55 (Today), single shot (Today)
Old Today, 10:40 AM
Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by single shot View Post
I’m with ya never wanted to live anywhere but my holler...Grew up hard and didn’t really realize it, parents didn’t have a lot of money but never went hungry just had to work ALL the time...Old man was one of the kindest hard working people I’ve ever known but if you slacked on your chores he would absolutely beat you within an inch of your life...Been blessed in this life, MS from Cumberland and great paying job had the opportunity to leave the area several times and as recently as couple months ago...just can’t do it...
I love the Corbin/Whitley Co. area..How could anyone not fall in love with that Cumberland Falls scenery? I actually spent the first night of my honeymoon there.....I've spent a whole bunch of time down that way supporting and watching the UC Patriots over the years. Wouldn't mind living down that way at all.
pjdoug (Today), single shot (Today)
Old Today, 10:49 AM
Statistician
Liked 20 Times in 15 Posts
Ballmom1 is on a distinguished road
My husband deer hunts down in Boyle Co. For them to throw shade at Johnson County over being too country is laughable.

The video is ridiculous because it came from an administrator. Just shows what kind of objectiveness that is lacking in Boyle.
Send a private message to Ballmom1 Add Ballmom1 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:52 AM
Scout Team
Originally Posted by EKUAlum05 View Post

Itís in bad taste sure but Iím also sure the guy didnít realize it was gonna be recorded for everyone to see, still donít make it right but Iíd say he never dreamed anyone from JC or anywhere else would ever see or hear it...Thing is while the Boyle Co / Danville area is flatter thereís not a big difference unless itís changed drastically since last time I was up that way, A whole lot of farm land with hay and tobacco wagons setting around everywhere...Unless your in Lexington, Louisville, Bowling Green etc Kentucky donít change much with the exception of some geographical features...
Old Today, 10:54 AM
Head Coach
Liked 316 Times in 251 Posts
fatpatfan is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
There are two videos from the Boyle County pep rally with the comments in question.

These are the quotes.......

"They live in these places called Hollers...Ö"

"A lot of people from Johnson Central can't even count to 100....."

I would lose my moderator position and be banned from BGR if I posted my true feelings about this........ I know for some of you, that would be an early birthday & Christmas gift if that happened.

So here's what I will say.
98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103.......

Void county has gone too freakin far with this one. They just pi#%@# off a fat man and his posse. The posse will be at Kroger Field ready early tomorrow to open up a can of whoop a$$ on someone and supporting Big Johnson baby.

#tellthembigjohnsoniscomingandhe$$iscomingwiththem More mash taters please!!!
Hatz (Today)
Send a private message to fatpatfan Add fatpatfan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:58 AM
Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Ballmom1 View Post
My husband deer hunts down in Boyle Co. For them to throw shade at Johnson County over being too country is laughable.

The video is ridiculous because it came from an administrator. Just shows what kind of objectiveness that is lacking in Boyle.
I've spent a few days down that way as well, and I like the area very much. I really do. It's certainly a beautiful place, but for someone to insinuate that it is a sophisticated thriving metropolis cultural type center does kinda lead one to snicker.
Old Today, 11:00 AM
2nd String
Liked 528 Times in 293 Posts
Walt Longmire is on a distinguished road
Itís in bad taste sure but Iím also sure the guy didnít realize it was gonna be recorded for everyone to see, still donít make it right but Iíd say he never dreamed anyone from JC or anywhere else would ever see or hear it...Thing is while the Boyle Co / Danville area is flatter thereís not a big difference unless itís changed drastically since last time I was up that way, A whole lot of farm land with hay and tobacco wagons setting around everywhere...Unless your in Lexington, Louisville, Bowling Green etc Kentucky donít change much with the exception of some geographical features...

You automatically have to assume everything you do in public is recorded and will find its way to social media these days. Just the times we live in.
Send a private message to Walt Longmire Add Walt Longmire to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:02 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Iím with ya never wanted to live anywhere but my holler...Grew up hard and didnít really realize it, parents didnít have a lot of money but never went hungry just had to work ALL the time...Old man was one of the kindest hard working people Iíve ever known but if you slacked on your chores he would absolutely beat you within an inch of your life...Been blessed in this life, MS from Cumberland and great paying job had the opportunity to leave the area several times and as recently as couple months ago...just canít do it...
Feels Like Home.
Old Today, 11:02 AM
Statistician
Liked 37 Times in 27 Posts
know1 is on a distinguished road
Chuck Smith or someone connected to the team needs to make a statement that what this one person said does not reflect the opinions of the team and fans or Boyle County. I know the superintendent made a statement, but it should come from the team.
Send a private message to know1 Add know1 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:11 AM
BGR Staff

Anyone who knows Matney and his motivation tactics know this is better than Santa Clause coming early.

This is USDA Prime Certified Angus Red Meat to Jim Matney.
A-Block (Today)
Old Today, 11:17 AM
Water Boy
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
A-Block is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by BCHSrebs View Post
It's pep rally with young kids and people saying stuff there have no bearing on this game. Thicken up to skin. The boys there play have influence on this game, not words from those that don't. Players decidw
If it was a young kid saying this then I would 100% agree with you.

However, when youíre a school principal who should be setting the example for character this is embarrassing. When you watch the video and see some of the reactions in the background some students were taken back by the comment.

For years Eastern Kentuckians have worked tirelessly to deflect unwarranted narratives and stereotypes. This does nothing to help when coming from a school official.

Time to bust some heads JC.
Send a private message to A-Block Add A-Block to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:17 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

I'm sure Boyle County is trembling in fear
Old Today, 11:35 AM
Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by A-Block View Post
If it was a young kid saying this then I would 100% agree with you.

However, when you’re a school principal who should be setting the example for character this is embarrassing. When you watch the video and see some of the reactions in the background some students were taken back by the comment.

For years Eastern Kentuckians have worked tirelessly to deflect unwarranted narratives and stereotypes. This does nothing to help when coming from a school official.

Time to bust some heads JC.
One would think that they are watching a video brought to you by the folks from ASH-land directed at whomever the next upcoming opponent just happens to be....Mentality is identical.....You have to pay close attention to the banner in the background to come to realization that this is not from the broadcast division of the "Fightin Pullets" filmed from the pressbox at Tyson Stadium (formerly known as the Dickie Dome).
Old Today, 11:46 AM
Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by pjdoug View Post
I'm sure Boyle County is trembling in fear
I'm shivering, and I'm on the side of the good guys.

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Football