Rate This Thread - LCA 45 Pikeville 8 (D3 State Championship).


Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-29-2017, 04:39 PM
RunItUpTheGut's Avatar
RunItUpTheGut RunItUpTheGut is offline
MOD


Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Corbin
Posts: 27,551
Likes: 6,819
Liked 7,780 Times in 5,370 Posts
RunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura aboutRunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura about
Default LCA 45 Pikeville 8 (D3 State Championship)
Final
Send a private message to RunItUpTheGut Add RunItUpTheGut to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

  #2  
Old 10-29-2017, 05:48 PM
Demarcus ware's Avatar
Demarcus ware Demarcus ware is online now
Head Coach


Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,598
Likes: 1,410
Liked 997 Times in 688 Posts
Demarcus ware is on a distinguished road
Default
Yikes.
Send a private message to Demarcus ware Add Demarcus ware to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-29-2017, 07:45 PM
Spud6's Avatar
Spud6 Spud6 is online now
Moderator


Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Big EKY
Posts: 14,519
Likes: 387
Liked 791 Times in 620 Posts
Spud6 is a jewel in the roughSpud6 is a jewel in the roughSpud6 is a jewel in the rough
Default
How does you go from beating LCA in the regular season then getting absolutly demolished in a state championship game? Coaching? Just wasn't Pikeville's day? Or was LCA just on another level today?
__________________
#BBFL
Send a private message to Spud6 Add Spud6 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-29-2017, 08:57 PM
Patriot1 Patriot1 is online now
Statistician
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 230
Likes: 143
Liked 72 Times in 48 Posts
Patriot1 is on a distinguished road
Default
Congratulations to these young Panthers. You have had a good year but today wasnít your day. Everything that could go wrong did go wrong. Keep your heads up and you got a lot of 7 graders on this team the future for you guys is bright.
Likes: (2)
Cobraxx (10-30-2017), jetpilot (10-29-2017)
Send a private message to Patriot1 Add Patriot1 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-29-2017, 09:53 PM
HAIL PIKEVILLE!'s Avatar
HAIL PIKEVILLE! HAIL PIKEVILLE! is offline
Head Coach
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Give me a bottle of anything....and a glazed doughnut...TO GO!!!
Posts: 2,584
Likes: 74
Liked 597 Times in 241 Posts
HAIL PIKEVILLE! is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by Spud6 View Post
How does you go from beating LCA in the regular season then getting absolutly demolished in a state championship game? Coaching? Just wasn't Pikeville's day? Or was LCA just on another level today?
No excuses. LCA just wouldnít be denied. Never allowed us to get anything going. Congrats to them. My Panthers still had a GREAT season and I couldnít be prouder of them! We were the only 1A feeder school that made it to the State Championship Game! The Future Is Bright For this Group!!!
Likes: (7)
Big Five-0- (10-30-2017), Cobraxx (10-29-2017), jetpilot (10-29-2017), Live Maroon (10-30-2017), Patriot1 (10-30-2017), PHSForever (10-30-2017), Spud6 (10-30-2017)
Send a private message to HAIL PIKEVILLE! Add HAIL PIKEVILLE! to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-29-2017, 11:39 PM
jetpilot jetpilot is offline
Hall of Fame

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Pikeville, Ky
Posts: 5,686
Likes: 1,668
Liked 2,054 Times in 1,212 Posts
jetpilot will become famous soon enough
Default
Originally Posted by Spud6 View Post
How does you go from beating LCA in the regular season then getting absolutly demolished in a state championship game? Coaching? Just wasn't Pikeville's day? Or was LCA just on another level today?
How does an adult make such an idiotic post? Does he not know anything about football or know he is talking about children here?

Congrats young Panthers on a FANTASTIC season!!!!! Your future is very bright and a state championship is in your future!!!
Likes: (4)
Cobraxx (10-30-2017), HAIL PIKEVILLE! (10-30-2017), Patriot1 (10-30-2017), PHSForever (10-30-2017)
Send a private message to jetpilot Add jetpilot to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-30-2017, 09:57 AM
Spud6's Avatar
Spud6 Spud6 is online now
Moderator


Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Big EKY
Posts: 14,519
Likes: 387
Liked 791 Times in 620 Posts
Spud6 is a jewel in the roughSpud6 is a jewel in the roughSpud6 is a jewel in the rough
Default
Originally Posted by jetpilot View Post
How does an adult make such an idiotic post? Does he not know anything about football or know he is talking about children here?

Congrats young Panthers on a FANTASTIC season!!!!! Your future is very bright and a state championship is in your future!!!
How is that an idiotic post when I was asking questions as to what happened? I had no intent on disrespecting kids because I have a family member on the Pikeville team. And because of work I was unable to attend or listen to the game so I was wanting to know what changed.

Did by no means try to disrespect these young men. Just searching for answers.
__________________
#BBFL
Send a private message to Spud6 Add Spud6 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-30-2017, 11:04 AM
jetpilot jetpilot is offline
Hall of Fame

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Pikeville, Ky
Posts: 5,686
Likes: 1,668
Liked 2,054 Times in 1,212 Posts
jetpilot will become famous soon enough
Default
Originally Posted by Spud6 View Post
How is that an idiotic post when I was asking questions as to what happened? I had no intent on disrespecting kids because I have a family member on the Pikeville team. And because of work I was unable to attend or listen to the game so I was wanting to know what changed.

Did by no means try to disrespect these young men. Just searching for answers.

My apologies then, just sounded harsh to me. I think HP summed it up very well. I was afraid LCA was on a different level the way they thrashed Meece in the semis.
Send a private message to jetpilot Add jetpilot to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-30-2017, 11:54 AM
HAIL PIKEVILLE!'s Avatar
HAIL PIKEVILLE! HAIL PIKEVILLE! is offline
Head Coach
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Give me a bottle of anything....and a glazed doughnut...TO GO!!!
Posts: 2,584
Likes: 74
Liked 597 Times in 241 Posts
HAIL PIKEVILLE! is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by Spud6 View Post
How is that an idiotic post when I was asking questions as to what happened? I had no intent on disrespecting kids because I have a family member on the Pikeville team. And because of work I was unable to attend or listen to the game so I was wanting to know what changed.

Did by no means try to disrespect these young men. Just searching for answers.
Second play of the game, our starting Left Tackle injures his ankle and canít return. Third play of the game we fumble an exchange deep in our own territory and LCA scores the next play. We get the ball back, QB is sacked in the end zone for a safety. We free kick it to them, they score 2 plays later....Were in an 18-0 hole 2 minutes into the 1st quarter. Everything that could go wrong, did go wrong for us and we just couldnít climb out of it...
Send a private message to HAIL PIKEVILLE! Add HAIL PIKEVILLE! to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-30-2017, 12:02 PM
Spud6's Avatar
Spud6 Spud6 is online now
Moderator


Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Big EKY
Posts: 14,519
Likes: 387
Liked 791 Times in 620 Posts
Spud6 is a jewel in the roughSpud6 is a jewel in the roughSpud6 is a jewel in the rough
Default
Originally Posted by HAIL PIKEVILLE! View Post
Second play of the game, our starting Left Tackle injures his ankle and canít return. Third play of the game we fumble an exchange deep in our own territory and LCA scores the next play. We get the ball back, QB is sacked in the end zone for a safety. We free kick it to them, they score 2 plays later....Were in an 18-0 hole 2 minutes into the 1st quarter. Everything that could go wrong, did go wrong for us and we just couldnít climb out of it...
This is what I was looking for with my original post. Should have worded it better so my apologies as well.

I'm rooting for these boys for the next five years cause my family member is in 7th but it's hard being a Betsy Layne boy. Lol
Send a private message to Spud6 Add Spud6 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-30-2017, 12:05 PM
HAIL PIKEVILLE!'s Avatar
HAIL PIKEVILLE! HAIL PIKEVILLE! is offline
Head Coach
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Give me a bottle of anything....and a glazed doughnut...TO GO!!!
Posts: 2,584
Likes: 74
Liked 597 Times in 241 Posts
HAIL PIKEVILLE! is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by Spud6 View Post
This is what I was looking for with my original post. Should have worded it better so my apologies as well.

I'm rooting for these boys for the next five years cause my family member is in 7th but it's hard being a Betsy Layne boy. Lol
No apologies required! Whose your family member?
Send a private message to HAIL PIKEVILLE! Add HAIL PIKEVILLE! to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-30-2017, 01:00 PM
Coach_Lockwood's Avatar
Coach_Lockwood Coach_Lockwood is offline
2nd String
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Louisville, ky
Posts: 861
Likes: 171
Liked 201 Times in 140 Posts
Coach_Lockwood is on a distinguished road
Default
This had all the hype to be a barn burner (as the announcer kept saying all weekend) but I think when LCA scored fast and then got the safety, Pikeville kinda lost interest. They have a great program and should be proud. LCA was on different level, as it was evident against meece the day before.

Congrats to both teams on making it to title game and for LCA on winning first in program.
Send a private message to Coach_Lockwood Add Coach_Lockwood to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-30-2017, 02:51 PM
Cobraxx Cobraxx is offline
Statistician
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 164
Likes: 29
Liked 24 Times in 13 Posts
Cobraxx is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by Coach_Lockwood View Post
This had all the hype to be a barn burner (as the announcer kept saying all weekend) but I think when LCA scored fast and then got the safety, Pikeville kinda lost interest. They have a great program and should be proud. LCA was on different level, as it was evident against meece the day before.

Congrats to both teams on making it to title game and for LCA on winning first in program.
This is actually LCAís 2nd state championship. The current seniors won it.

Pikeville fans, you have nothing to lay your heads low on. You have a great group of boys and your fans are 2nd to none. Even in the loss your fans were classy as ever! Congrats to a great season and I believe that with LCA and Pikeville playing regularly at the grade school and highschool level, itís going to only make both programs even better.
Likes: (3)
EastKYProud (10-30-2017), HAIL PIKEVILLE! (10-30-2017), Live Maroon (10-30-2017)
Send a private message to Cobraxx Add Cobraxx to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-01-2017, 07:02 PM
E's Army E's Army is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 12,985
Likes: 447
Liked 2,418 Times in 1,715 Posts
E's Army is on a distinguished road
Default
Congrats to LCA
Send a private message to E's Army Add E's Army to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-01-2017, 11:32 PM
HAIL PIKEVILLE!'s Avatar
HAIL PIKEVILLE! HAIL PIKEVILLE! is offline
Head Coach
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Give me a bottle of anything....and a glazed doughnut...TO GO!!!
Posts: 2,584
Likes: 74
Liked 597 Times in 241 Posts
HAIL PIKEVILLE! is on a distinguished road
Default
I will say one last thing about last weekends games. I applaud the KYMSFA for their efforts in putting on a First Class Showcase for all these teams and their fans. My son was injured in this game and everyone on the staff bent over backwards to help us. I will be eternally thankful to them for that! With all that said, my only complaint about the entire thing is that I wish they could find a way to not play 2 games in 2 days. Maybe there isnít a better way to do it. Maybe there hands are tied. I donít know. Iím in NO WAY blaming our loss, or my sons injury on this. I just think itís asking a little too much of younger kids to do that. Football is rough on your body even at this age, 2 games in 2 days is tough to ask of ANYONE! Jet, Iíd like to know your thoughts on this.
Send a private message to HAIL PIKEVILLE! Add HAIL PIKEVILLE! to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-02-2017, 08:12 AM
AngryMob AngryMob is online now
Statistician
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 105
Likes: 0
Liked 17 Times in 15 Posts
AngryMob is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by HAIL PIKEVILLE! View Post
I will say one last thing about last weekends games. I applaud the KYMSFA for their efforts in putting on a First Class Showcase for all these teams and their fans. My son was injured in this game and everyone on the staff bent over backwards to help us. I will be eternally thankful to them for that! With all that said, my only complaint about the entire thing is that I wish they could find a way to not play 2 games in 2 days. Maybe there isnít a better way to do it. Maybe there hands are tied. I donít know. Iím in NO WAY blaming our loss, or my sons injury on this. I just think itís asking a little too much of younger kids to do that. Football is rough on your body even at this age, 2 games in 2 days is tough to ask of ANYONE! Jet, Iíd like to know your thoughts on this.
any genius can see that it is beyond stupid to play 2 football games in 2 days..... at any level.
Likes: (1)
HAIL PIKEVILLE! (11-02-2017)
Send a private message to AngryMob Add AngryMob to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-02-2017, 10:14 AM
Coach_Lockwood's Avatar
Coach_Lockwood Coach_Lockwood is offline
2nd String
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Louisville, ky
Posts: 861
Likes: 171
Liked 201 Times in 140 Posts
Coach_Lockwood is on a distinguished road
Default
Tell that to the Astros/MLB, NBA, NHL about how stupid it is. Yes, its hard but how smart would it be to make teams drive back to back weekends to a neutral site? I know one team that played for title had spent $5,000 to be at championship weekend. Most of these kids are capable of playing back to back.

Is it stupid that the KBA State tourney is multiple games? Kids can handle this stuff. If we moved to two weekends then we have to start playoffs a week earlier (cant go week later due to KHSAA Football playoffs start a week after KYMSFA playoffs end), which would mean everyone starting their football season a week earlier which some school districts wont allow.

Games are played as far apart as possible to give as much preparation time as possible.
Likes: (1)
EastKYProud (11-02-2017)
Send a private message to Coach_Lockwood Add Coach_Lockwood to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-02-2017, 01:15 PM
AngryMob AngryMob is online now
Statistician
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 105
Likes: 0
Liked 17 Times in 15 Posts
AngryMob is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by Coach_Lockwood View Post
Tell that to the Astros/MLB, NBA, NHL about how stupid it is. Yes, its hard but how smart would it be to make teams drive back to back weekends to a neutral site? I know one team that played for title had spent $5,000 to be at championship weekend. Most of these kids are capable of playing back to back.

Is it stupid that the KBA State tourney is multiple games? Kids can handle this stuff. If we moved to two weekends then we have to start playoffs a week earlier (cant go week later due to KHSAA Football playoffs start a week after KYMSFA playoffs end), which would mean everyone starting their football season a week earlier which some school districts wont allow.

Games are played as far apart as possible to give as much preparation time as possible.
do u understand how physical football is???? the logistics need to be fixed. no two ways about it its dangerous. can you imagine playing that johnson county o line and eeking out a win and bein asked to play the next day? stupid! its much smarter to spend more money or plan around it then to play a FOOTBALL game on back to back days. if u are part of the crew making these decisions and THATS your thought process then the organization needs new people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Send a private message to AngryMob Add AngryMob to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-02-2017, 01:20 PM
AngryMob AngryMob is online now
Statistician
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 105
Likes: 0
Liked 17 Times in 15 Posts
AngryMob is on a distinguished road
Default
also what the heck does it matter when high school playoffs start?
Send a private message to AngryMob Add AngryMob to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-02-2017, 01:23 PM
plantmanky's Avatar
plantmanky plantmanky is offline
Starter
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Garden of BGR
Posts: 1,304
Likes: 28
Liked 282 Times in 193 Posts
plantmanky is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by AngryMob View Post
do u understand how physical football is???? the logistics need to be fixed. no two ways about it its dangerous. can you imagine playing that johnson county o line and eeking out a win and bein asked to play the next day? stupid! its much smarter to spend more money or plan around it then to play a FOOTBALL game on back to back days. if u are part of the crew making these decisions and THATS your thought process then the organization needs new people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unfortunately for you, that's not what the membership wants. The last 3 times it has been sent to the membership to ask if semi finals and finals should be on different weekends, Its been an overwhelming no, keep them on the same weekend. In Fact in 2015, it was a unanimous keep them on the same weekend. Cost is a huge factor for these programs.
Send a private message to plantmanky Add plantmanky to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 11-02-2017, 01:54 PM
AngryMob AngryMob is online now
Statistician
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 105
Likes: 0
Liked 17 Times in 15 Posts
AngryMob is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
Unfortunately for you, that's not what the membership wants. The last 3 times it has been sent to the membership to ask if semi finals and finals should be on different weekends, Its been an overwhelming no, keep them on the same weekend. In Fact in 2015, it was a unanimous keep them on the same weekend. Cost is a huge factor for these programs.
find me a doctor in kentucky who would be willing to write in their name and put it out there that they approve and think it is safe to play a football game on back to back days!
Send a private message to AngryMob Add AngryMob to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-02-2017, 01:55 PM
AngryMob AngryMob is online now
Statistician
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 105
Likes: 0
Liked 17 Times in 15 Posts
AngryMob is on a distinguished road
Default
not bashing u plantman think u do a good job but that doesnt mean the system is perfect
Send a private message to AngryMob Add AngryMob to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-02-2017, 03:34 PM
Coach_Lockwood's Avatar
Coach_Lockwood Coach_Lockwood is offline
2nd String
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Louisville, ky
Posts: 861
Likes: 171
Liked 201 Times in 140 Posts
Coach_Lockwood is on a distinguished road
Default
I simply stated leagues that play back to back. Yes football is physical, I played and coach it. I mentioned the high school playoffs because if we separate weekends we would have title game same weekend high school starts playoffs and could (most likely would) run into field/referee issues.

As plantman said, most teams are good with current format due to the cost. Could you imagine having Johnson county travel to Louisville to play one weekend and then turn around and play in Lexington the next? The costs would go up.
Send a private message to Coach_Lockwood Add Coach_Lockwood to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-02-2017, 06:11 PM
plantmanky's Avatar
plantmanky plantmanky is offline
Starter
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Garden of BGR
Posts: 1,304
Likes: 28
Liked 282 Times in 193 Posts
plantmanky is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by AngryMob View Post
find me a doctor in kentucky who would be willing to write in their name and put it out there that they approve and think it is safe to play a football game on back to back days!
Already been done, Doctors form UK, UofL and Western, athletic trainers as well.

No issues at this age level.

Actually go back and find the testimony from the Doctor that the KHSAA brought in in 2012 on the taskforce. He testified that it was harder on bodies at the middle school age level to play 2 games of basketball on back to back days, than it was to play football games back to back, or wrestling back to back days. Specifically due to the actual amount of play time in basketball vs football.
Send a private message to plantmanky Add plantmanky to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-02-2017, 07:58 PM
AngryMob AngryMob is online now
Statistician
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 105
Likes: 0
Liked 17 Times in 15 Posts
AngryMob is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
Already been done, Doctors form UK, UofL and Western, athletic trainers as well.

No issues at this age level.

Actually go back and find the testimony from the Doctor that the KHSAA brought in in 2012 on the taskforce. He testified that it was harder on bodies at the middle school age level to play 2 games of basketball on back to back days, than it was to play football games back to back, or wrestling back to back days. Specifically due to the actual amount of play time in basketball vs football.
find it almost impossible to believe there is "no issues".... it's freaking football.
Send a private message to AngryMob Add AngryMob to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 11-02-2017, 08:23 PM
Cardfan1 Cardfan1 is offline
2nd String
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 817
Likes: 127
Liked 286 Times in 202 Posts
Cardfan1 is on a distinguished road
Default
I complain as a coach. I don’t have enough time to prepare. Kids don’t care and it doesn’t hurt them.

I think we are trying to find excuses.
Send a private message to Cardfan1 Add Cardfan1 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-02-2017, 10:50 PM
HAIL PIKEVILLE!'s Avatar
HAIL PIKEVILLE! HAIL PIKEVILLE! is offline
Head Coach
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Give me a bottle of anything....and a glazed doughnut...TO GO!!!
Posts: 2,584
Likes: 74
Liked 597 Times in 241 Posts
HAIL PIKEVILLE! is on a distinguished road
Default
Didnít mean to start a war here. As I said before I think the KYMSFA does a great job! Iíd just like to see the games separated, but I understand why they canít. No big deal.
Send a private message to HAIL PIKEVILLE! Add HAIL PIKEVILLE! to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-03-2017, 08:30 AM
MR. Slate's Avatar
MR. Slate MR. Slate is offline
Scout Team
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 579
Likes: 35
Liked 68 Times in 43 Posts
MR. Slate is on a distinguished road
Default
I have coached in 7 middle school state championship games and I have never had one kid or parent complain about playing on Back to back days.
Send a private message to MR. Slate Add MR. Slate to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 11-03-2017, 12:56 PM
AngryMob AngryMob is online now
Statistician
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 105
Likes: 0
Liked 17 Times in 15 Posts
AngryMob is on a distinguished road
Default
Kids don't care they want to play. It's not a smart decision... regionals should be at home team, then the two neutral sites should be semis and state.
Send a private message to AngryMob Add AngryMob to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Reply

  BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Middle School Sports » Football

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -9. The time now is 10:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.