Rate This Thread - Bell county football.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 01-01-2017, 10:16 AM
Scout Team
Liked 27 Times in 23 Posts
hchs fan is on a distinguished road
Default Bell county football
I have been hearing and told that coach mccraery has resigned or stepped down as coach I am wondoring if it just rumor or for sure fact
Send a private message to hchs fan Add hchs fan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 01-01-2017, 06:34 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 71 Times in 49 Posts
NextGeneration is on a distinguished road
Rumor has it that the administration has offered Dudley his job back. He may have .
Send a private message to NextGeneration Add NextGeneration to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 08:25 PM
Scout Team
From the message I received while ago was it was just rumor no fact or no truth to it as of now
Send a private message to hchs fan Add hchs fan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 08:32 AM
Statistician
Liked 64 Times in 51 Posts
TheHotSnakes is on a distinguished road
I have never had a dog on either side of the Bell County fight, but, I hope that it never changes. Every day it's a treat to get to see what is going on there.

And, as I've said before, I'm not sure Bell is willing to write the check to get Dudley back from Taylor.
Send a private message to TheHotSnakes Add TheHotSnakes to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 12:25 PM
Scout Team
Liked 197 Times in 107 Posts
Single Wing 77 is on a distinguished road
I'm a Corbin fan, as most know Bell and Corbin have no love lost for each other. That being said I am saddened by what is happening on log mountain. Whatever it takes I hope Bell returns to their old ways. Whether it's with McCreary, Hilton, or some other coach who brings them back up. I just hope Bell becomes one of the top programs in the mountains again. I love Corbin vs Bell when it is one of the marquee games in the mountains. Best wishes from this old redhound, except for one or possibly two games a year.
Send a private message to Single Wing 77 Add Single Wing 77 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 09:37 PM
Statistician
Liked 28 Times in 23 Posts
Middlesboro is on a distinguished road
Heard Dudley has resigned from Taylor Co and headed to Bell Co.
Send a private message to Middlesboro Add Middlesboro to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 08:33 AM
Statistician
Liked 64 Times in 51 Posts
TheHotSnakes is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Middlesboro View Post
Heard Dudley has resigned from Taylor Co and headed to Bell Co.
I feel like a broken record, but, Dudley isn't leaving Taylor to go back to Bell. He has it made there.

I don't know if it's just wishful thinking, delusions of grandeur, Bell county folks trying to start something, or simply Bell County fans longing for their glory days again, but he's not coming back.

I'm sure if you wanted to name the stadium after him, he might come back for a visit, but that's the best you can hope for anymore.
Send a private message to TheHotSnakes Add TheHotSnakes to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 10:37 PM
Scout Team
That probally just rumor I say coach stay at Taylor county
Old 01-13-2017, 10:17 AM
Water Boy
Liked 10 Times in 4 Posts
4Life is on a distinguished road
They will be back!
Send a private message to 4Life Add 4Life to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 11:17 AM
2nd String
Liked 164 Times in 110 Posts
WhyLie is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 4Life View Post
They will be back!
If HE comes back!!!!!
Send a private message to WhyLie Add WhyLie to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 11:04 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 18 Times in 13 Posts
ArchieAdams is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 4Life View Post
They will be back!
Really? You have no clue. Put a fork in them! Their is no move they can make now to bring them back. No coaching HC or asst and very few kids!!! Plus they will lose to Hounds BIG twice a year. Hilton doesn't want his legacy tarnished.
Send a private message to ArchieAdams Add ArchieAdams to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 03:49 PM
Scout Team
Liked 137 Times in 112 Posts
PRIDE101 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ArchieAdams View Post
Really? You have no clue. Put a fork in them! Their is no move they can make now to bring them back. No coaching HC or asst and very few kids!!! Plus they will lose to Hounds BIG twice a year. Hilton doesn't want his legacy tarnished.
Hard for some to let go.........If what I hear is true, things can be better on Log Mountain.
Send a private message to PRIDE101 Add PRIDE101 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 03:56 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 247 Times in 160 Posts
Dietpepsidrinker is on a distinguished road
Don't be surprised to see a presser late this week or early the following week.....introducing Ol' Dud.

Head of the Alternative School
AD for the High School
AD for the Middle School
Head Coach
Wife a good job at the Central office

Oh Yeah he is coming back
Send a private message to Dietpepsidrinker Add Dietpepsidrinker to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 05:25 PM
2nd String
Dudley can turn it around.
Send a private message to WhyLie Add WhyLie to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 07:34 AM
Equipment Manager
Liked 31 Times in 21 Posts
Running Back is on a distinguished road
Hilton was an excellent coach at Bell but time and age have to be factors. As low as the program is I don't believe he can dig it back at his age. Needs to keep his legacy and turn away from this move. Leadership change in the system and time with a young solid coaching staff with the right energy will be the route. Relationships with the kids is needed and I believe Hiltons age and energy really puts him out of the link. The administration really put a number on this program when they uprooted a solid system of coaches and staff in place prior to last season. Last season was destruction.
Send a private message to Running Back Add Running Back to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 08:20 PM
Starter
Liked 404 Times in 291 Posts
Fly Like a Duck is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Running Back View Post
Hilton was an excellent coach at Bell but time and age have to be factors. As low as the program is I don't believe he can dig it back at his age. Needs to keep his legacy and turn away from this move. Leadership change in the system and time with a young solid coaching staff with the right energy will be the route. Relationships with the kids is needed and I believe Hiltons age and energy really puts him out of the link. The administration really put a number on this program when they uprooted a solid system of coaches and staff in place prior to last season. Last season was destruction.
I think the age thing is way overrated. I don't think age has anything to do with being able to relate to people; in particularly young people. People that suck at communicating and relationship building have probably always been that way. The same goes for those who excel in these areas.

I play golf with a former very successful coach in our state that is older than Dudley. Not only does he beat guys my age that are pretty dang good, but he'll talk crap to them while he is doing it (as they are doing the same) and he will have them in tears with his personality..laughing with him, not at him. NO DOUBT in my mind he could still coach at a very high level if he so chose as well.

His style obviously fits Bell County; they are what they are because of him needless to say. At Taylor County he's had a better 2 1/2 year start than probably any HC to ever be at the school.

But, it's been in the wishbone, power I, I-wing, etc and not from the "spread"...which as I'm sure you know...in this day in age, you can suck and be in the spread (and there are a CRAP LOAD of teams that are horrid operating from 4 and 5 wide)and for some reason get a pass (no pun intended). Be average or suck from his kind of system or similar? Then all of the sudden you are an "out of touch-neanderthal who doesn't know squat." (not saying you feel that way, but from the general consensus of the public).
Send a private message to Fly Like a Duck Add Fly Like a Duck to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 06:24 PM
Statistician
Liked 41 Times in 28 Posts
snapcat91 is on a distinguished road
Dudley will turn it around!! Take that to the bank!!
Send a private message to snapcat91 Add snapcat91 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 08:26 PM
Scout Team
All just rumor no way Dudley leaving Taylor county and coming back to bell county coach mccraery staying another year
Old 01-15-2017, 09:02 PM
Water Boy
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
13thFan is on a distinguished road
Dudley coming back to bell would be foolish their no where near the powerhouse they once were
Send a private message to 13thFan Add 13thFan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 07:50 PM
Statistician
Liked 28 Times in 23 Posts
Middlesboro is on a distinguished road
Dudley has done resigned from Taylor Co and looking at Fred Hoskins home.
Send a private message to Middlesboro Add Middlesboro to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 09:39 PM
Scout Team
All just rumor talked to coach yesterday and he staying at Taylor county
Old 01-20-2017, 07:13 PM
2nd String
Originally Posted by hchs fan View Post
All just rumor talked to coach yesterday and he staying at Taylor county
If you are here at the game, maybe go over and talk to him again. He is here for a reason. Bell / Harlan Co. game.
Old 01-21-2017, 12:32 AM
2nd String
Liked 134 Times in 109 Posts
HCS is on a distinguished road
I wondered if someone was going to post about coach Hilton being at the game tonight.
I have no idea if it had anything to do with football, but his daughter teaches at HCHS and he's been at HCHS girls games before.
Send a private message to HCS Add HCS to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 12:01 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 141 Times in 104 Posts
HAROLD is on a distinguished road
I hate seeing Bell struggle like this, but all of this Dudley talk makes Bell County look like the crazy girl who keeps going back to the ex because she thinks she can't get anyone else. If Bell went and got him back, they may be decent a few years, then he will finally retire and back to square one.

Bell needs to actually decide whether or not they are going to put an emphasis on sports and clean house from the top down, or just say screw it and continue to fall off of the map.
BobcatForever (01-17-2017)
Send a private message to HAROLD Add HAROLD to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 01:24 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 186 Times in 102 Posts
BobcatForever is on a distinguished road
Just left downtown meeting with Dudley and Mrs.G she is going to let him move into her new house on the hill
Send a private message to BobcatForever Add BobcatForever to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 01:25 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 186 Times in 102 Posts
BobcatForever is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by BobcatForever View Post
Just left downtown meeting with Dudley and Mrs.G she is going to let him move into her new house on the hill
just kidding figure I might as well say that since everything else is being told don't see him coming back to Bell!
Send a private message to BobcatForever Add BobcatForever to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 03:57 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 31 Times in 21 Posts
Running Back is on a distinguished road
Dont get what I want. Leave the system. Go somewhere else. Don't get what I want. Leave that system. Come back to first system. Don't get what I want. Leave the system Again. Go somewhere else. Don't get what I want. Leave. Go back to first system. Don't get what I want. Leave. Go somewhere else. Don't get what I want. Leave system. Come back to first system. Does anyone see a pattern here? Are we running a football program to put kids first or are we writing a tv show full of reruns?
Send a private message to Running Back Add Running Back to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 10:19 AM
Water Boy
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Texans_99 is on a distinguished road
Bell County is not what it once was. Will they be back anytime soon? If Dudley comes back I don't think it'd take to long.
Send a private message to Texans_99 Add Texans_99 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 07:55 PM
Scout Team
I am hearing some Very reliable sources give me information that surprising and I am very excited to announce they are rumor that the coach the legend is coming back to the mountains
Old 01-22-2017, 11:28 PM
Scout Team
Liked 197 Times in 107 Posts
Single Wing 77 is on a distinguished road
The rumor mill is really starting to stir. I personally hope it is true, it will be a good thing for the mountains, and for our district. I love to hate bell county and it's a lot easier when they are good.
Send a private message to Single Wing 77 Add Single Wing 77 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Football