Rate This Thread - Bell county football.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 02-15-2017, 02:28 PM
Starter
Liked 399 Times in 287 Posts
Fly Like a Duck is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Wildcat18 View Post
I wouldn't completely disagree, but I wouldn't necessarily say it's hard to find help. There are plenty out there capable to choose from. The hard part is finding them jobs and moving their families halfway across the state. It's easy to convince an assistant to go, but it's harder to convince his family. How many instances do head coaches need 4 or 5 spots in the building to bring assistants with them, but turn down the job because the administration will only let them bring 1 or 2? I would say that happens very often.
You just elaborated on some of the reasons why it's hard to find help. What you said plus the time and lack of overall money are the reasons it's hard to find help. I totally agree. A lot of what you said is what I was telling people last year on here when they were going through the job search.....location(s), picking up families to move with very little incentive financially. Those who have moved around (once married and kids anyway) in this profession are slim, and it's not getting any better.

As far as the scenario you stated....I can't disagree.

In short, for whatever the various reasons preventing it....it's getting harder and harder to find help (good, hardworking, WE before ME...help).
Gitback Coach (02-17-2017)
Send a private message to Fly Like a Duck Add Fly Like a Duck to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 02-15-2017, 02:55 PM
Statistician
Liked 56 Times in 43 Posts
TheHotSnakes is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Fly Like a Duck View Post
You just elaborated on some of the reasons why it's hard to find help. What you said plus the time and lack of overall money are the reasons it's hard to find help. I totally agree. A lot of what you said is what I was telling people last year on here when they were going through the job search.....location(s), picking up families to move with very little incentive financially. Those who have moved around (once married and kids anyway) in this profession are slim, and it's not getting any better.

As far as the scenario you stated....I can't disagree.

In short, for whatever the various reasons preventing it....it's getting harder and harder to find help (good, hardworking, WE before ME...help).

Could it be that the field and profession is getting harder? The time required has been increasing over the last 20 years, and it doesn't look like it's slowing down. High school football is mirroring the NCAA levels, in the fact that it is developing into a massive arms race. It is a zero-sum game, and it's not changing. Everyone wants to be a winner, and that's reflected in the hiring and firing of coaches. And the fact that there is literally ZERO job security is why you aren't finding a wealth of non-morons to coach.

Good coaches are special. Great coaches are even more special. Neither of them is common, especially now.

Clarification: When I say it's "getting harder" I don't mean the actual coaching aspects of the game. The more things change, the more they stay the same. I'm talking about everything outside of those 4 quarters on a Friday night has changed. It's becoming soul-suckingly demanding. You're having to sacrifice something personally to be good, in most cases. There aren't many other jobs where that's the case.
Gitback Coach (02-17-2017)
Send a private message to TheHotSnakes Add TheHotSnakes to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 06:30 PM
Statistician
Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
The Outsider is on a distinguished road
Dudley was able to get 10 jobs for family and friends the last time they hired him, how many is he asking for this time?
Send a private message to The Outsider Add The Outsider to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 12:03 AM
Statistician
Liked 23 Times in 19 Posts
Middlesboro is on a distinguished road
Dudley will officially be named HC at the next school board meeting later this month. Randy Frazier and Scotty Russell will be assistants under Dudley.
Send a private message to Middlesboro Add Middlesboro to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 07:46 AM
Cheerleader
Liked 88 Times in 64 Posts
Bobcat4years is an unknown quantity at this point
He's back!
Send a private message to Bobcat4years Add Bobcat4years to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 07:58 AM
Statistician
Liked 20 Times in 17 Posts
AnswertheBell is on a distinguished road
That statement may be half true, Frazier is very happy where he is.
Send a private message to AnswertheBell Add AnswertheBell to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 09:15 AM
2nd String
Liked 172 Times in 132 Posts
Bobcats 9108 is on a distinguished road
Scotty won't be back
Send a private message to Bobcats 9108 Add Bobcats 9108 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 03:07 PM
Scout Team
Liked 22 Times in 21 Posts
hchs fan is on a distinguished road
when is board meeting and coach mccreary will be on staff too wont he
Send a private message to hchs fan Add hchs fan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 05:00 PM
2nd String
Originally Posted by hchs fan View Post
when is board meeting and coach mccreary will be on staff too wont he
Lets hope he isn't
Send a private message to Bobcats 9108 Add Bobcats 9108 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 09:43 PM
Scout Team
When is next board and is it really official coach coming back to bell county
Send a private message to hchs fan Add hchs fan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 09:53 PM
2nd String
When is next board and is it really official coach coming back to bell county
Who knows?
Old 02-17-2017, 10:14 PM
Scout Team
Is coach really coming back to bell county
Old 02-18-2017, 05:02 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 88 Times in 64 Posts
Bobcat4years is an unknown quantity at this point
Board meeting Tuesday and will hire him then!
Send a private message to Bobcat4years Add Bobcat4years to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 05:47 PM
Scout Team
Well we see what happens
Old 02-19-2017, 11:02 AM
Starter

Liked 439 Times in 310 Posts
OldJacket is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Bobcat4years View Post
Board meeting Tuesday and will hire him then!
Since the board only hires the Super and board attorney why does it take a board meeting to hire a coach...
Old 02-19-2017, 02:27 PM
Head Coach
Liked 744 Times in 480 Posts
Cellking is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by OldJacket View Post
Since the board only hires the Super and board attorney why does it take a board meeting to hire a coach...
Could be He is being hired for a Board Position. Super will hire and board would approve.
OldJacket (02-19-2017)
Send a private message to Cellking Add Cellking to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 07:34 PM
MOD

Liked 7,366 Times in 5,083 Posts
RunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura aboutRunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by OldJacket View Post
Not to mention the whole posting it for 30 days unless Dudley isn't doing anything but coaching....

Maybe the board meeting will fire Mcreary?

I think the same staff will be on the sidelines next year...
Send a private message to RunItUpTheGut Add RunItUpTheGut to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 09:51 PM
Asst. Coach
Liked 493 Times in 356 Posts
insideinfo is on a distinguished road
I'm hearing there is a little noise out on the recruiting trail. Some action going on in Knox, down 119, and 92. They said if they was anybody left at Middlesbrough's that could play they would be at Bell next year
Send a private message to insideinfo Add insideinfo to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 10:06 PM
Starter
Liked 399 Times in 287 Posts
Fly Like a Duck is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RunItUpTheGut View Post
Not to mention the whole posting it for 30 days unless Dudley isn't doing anything but coaching....

Maybe the board meeting will fire Mcreary?

I think the same staff will be on the sidelines next year...
I don't think he will be teaching, if anything it will be a classified type gig that he has now at Taylor. Classified jobs during the day + coaching being a classified position wouldn't have to be posted for 30 days.
Send a private message to Fly Like a Duck Add Fly Like a Duck to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 10:58 PM
Scout Team
A lot talk going on tonight at the 52nd district tournament on bell county side concerning bell football
Old 02-21-2017, 08:08 AM
2nd String
A lot talk going on tonight at the 52nd district tournament on bell county side concerning bell football
Like what? It has been going on here same old same old nothing new.
Old 02-21-2017, 09:59 AM
2nd String
Liked 163 Times in 109 Posts
WhyLie is on a distinguished road
Tonight's board meeting will not hire or fire anyone. Boards can't do that. What they are doing is making and approving the job for Dudley. Now , does that mean he is coming, nope. He will then have to make sure all the other things are in place before he says yes. McCreary will be on staff and he is working the boys out. Dudley has till May to accept or not, so to speak. So if he accepts tonight ,tomorrow or in May. , who knows that is Dudley. He still may not. Just get your ticket and enjoy the ride.
Send a private message to WhyLie Add WhyLie to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 10:20 AM
Starter
Liked 378 Times in 257 Posts
Wildcat18 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by WhyLie View Post
Tonight's board meeting will not hire or fire anyone. Boards can't do that. What they are doing is making and approving the job for Dudley. Now , does that mean he is coming, nope. He will then have to make sure all the other things are in place before he says yes. McCreary will be on staff and he is working the boys out. Dudley has till May to accept or not, so to speak. So if he accepts tonight ,tomorrow or in May. , who knows that is Dudley. He still may not. Just get your ticket and enjoy the ride.
I'll be shocked of TC Super Cook will let it drag out until May. That would be a huge disservice to Taylor if Dudley let it go on that long.
Send a private message to Wildcat18 Add Wildcat18 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 10:24 AM
2nd String
Liked 163 Times in 109 Posts
WhyLie is on a distinguished road
Just said that to say no one knows when Dudley will say yes. I don't think it will be that long at all. From tomorrow till first of March maybe, just guessing.
Send a private message to WhyLie Add WhyLie to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 10:29 AM
Scout Team
Liked 74 Times in 59 Posts
WILDCAT NATION is on a distinguished road
Just said that to say no one knows when Dudley will say yes. I don't think it will be that long at all. From tomorrow till first of March maybe, just guessing.
Done by March 1. The site will be hopping the next few days.
Send a private message to WILDCAT NATION Add WILDCAT NATION to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 10:32 AM
Statistician
Originally Posted by Wildcat18 View Post
I'll be shocked of TC Super Cook will let it drag out until May. That would be a huge disservice to Taylor if Dudley let it go on that long.
I'd be really interested to know the TC side of things during all of this.
Send a private message to TheHotSnakes Add TheHotSnakes to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 11:00 AM
Scout Team
we will see what happens after tonight board meeting
Old 02-21-2017, 01:23 PM
2nd String
If McCreary is working them out then they aren't doing much. That guy is pitiful.
Old 02-21-2017, 09:47 PM
Scout Team
Any news or updates
Old 02-21-2017, 09:54 PM
Statistician
Any news or updates
I think we've been had.

Bellboozled. Dudleywinked.
Gitback Coach (02-22-2017)

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Football