Rate This Thread - Paintsville 15th Region Favorite?.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 02-11-2019, 12:31 AM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tigersfan is on a distinguished road
Default Paintsville 15th Region Favorite?
I believe the Tigers are the top team in the 15th region. I know they lost Moore, and Smurf, but the 3 transfers when they become eligible will cement this team as the top team. They still have a solid team with Williams leading them, but I believe these three transfers helps the Tigers Repeat. The Eagles lost Kelly, Meade, Gamble, and May. That is a lot of talent to replace. Lawrence lost their Stud shortstop Peyton Cyrus 15th Region POY, also Parks and the older Fairchild who were Studs too. But LC has plenty of pitching returning but can they score enough runs? These top 3 teams are going to be fun to watch this year.
Send a private message to Tigersfan Add Tigersfan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 02-11-2019, 03:51 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Nygfan106wins is on a distinguished road
Will the 3 new ones run any of the others off. Since they will be losing starting positions?
Send a private message to Nygfan106wins Add Nygfan106wins to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 06:51 PM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tigersfan is on a distinguished road
High school sports is about competition. A coach plays his best 9. No one wants to run anyone off, competition is a very important part of life. I remember in T ball everyone gets trophies, but this is high school level, time to go work.
Send a private message to Tigersfan Add Tigersfan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 10:51 PM
Hall of Fame

Location: Down on Mainstreet but thinking of Going to Katmandu
Liked 1,437 Times in 1,004 Posts
Bob Seger has a spectacular aura aboutBob Seger has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Nygfan106wins View Post
Will the 3 new ones run any of the others off. Since they will be losing starting positions?
Really they are not really new, just coming back..They had already been there for many years and would have been in the mix to begin with.
Tigersfan (02-11-2019)
Send a private message to Bob Seger Add Bob Seger to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 01:34 PM
Statistician
Liked 39 Times in 30 Posts
kai is on a distinguished road
I agree with the competition statement, but in life the loser of the competition for a position usually moves on to find an open spot. High School is no different when playing time is cut the player on bench often moves on to find place he/she can play. So it would not surprise me to see a player or two leave. However, winning can tend to soothe and calm things, and Paintsville should be primed to win
Tigersfan (02-12-2019)
Send a private message to kai Add kai to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 11:05 PM
Starter
Liked 321 Times in 236 Posts
baseball1974 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Tigersfan View Post
I believe the Tigers are the top team in the 15th region. I know they lost Moore, and Smurf, but the 3 transfers when they become eligible will cement this team as the top team. They still have a solid team with Williams leading them, but I believe these three transfers helps the Tigers Repeat. The Eagles lost Kelly, Meade, Gamble, and May. That is a lot of talent to replace. Lawrence lost their Stud shortstop Peyton Cyrus 15th Region POY, also Parks and the older Fairchild who were Studs too. But LC has plenty of pitching returning but can they score enough runs? These top 3 teams are going to be fun to watch this year.
I know Paintsville is the defending champions and they have a lot back and a lot transferred in, but I would not be comfortable if I were them at that top spot. Lawrence County has a few pitchers that can shut down anyone in the region, and one of them happens to be a Blevins I think. It wouldn’t surprise me to see Paintsville repeat, but it also wouldn’t surprise me to see Lawrence County run the table in the 15th region and then go win the sectional too.
Send a private message to baseball1974 Add baseball1974 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 02:11 PM
Hall of Fame

Location: Down on Mainstreet but thinking of Going to Katmandu
Liked 1,437 Times in 1,004 Posts
Bob Seger has a spectacular aura aboutBob Seger has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by baseball1974 View Post
I know Paintsville is the defending champions and they have a lot back and a lot transferred in, but I would not be comfortable if I were them at that top spot. Lawrence County has a few pitchers that can shut down anyone in the region, and one of them happens to be a Blevins I think. It wouldn’t surprise me to see Paintsville repeat, but it also wouldn’t surprise me to see Lawrence County run the table in the 15th region and then go win the sectional too.
That's certainly what you call having a pedigree.
Send a private message to Bob Seger Add Bob Seger to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 01:12 AM
Water Boy
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
philbilly2009 is on a distinguished road
I believe the Blevins kid is also the one that Painsville beat last year in the region
Send a private message to philbilly2009 Add philbilly2009 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:18 AM
Starter
Liked 321 Times in 236 Posts
baseball1974 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by philbilly2009 View Post
I believe the Blevins kid is also the one that Painsville beat last year in the region
Key word in that sentence is “last year.”
Send a private message to baseball1974 Add baseball1974 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Baseball