Rate This Thread - Corbin 2019 Football Schedule.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 04-15-2019, 12:42 PM
Starter
Liked 239 Times in 190 Posts
HCS is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Single Wing 77 View Post
Harlan County has my respect and I think that theyíll make some noise in 4a when theyíre up. They honestly didnít have much of a chance in 5a so the drop in class will make a legitimate difference in their success.

Harlan County won three regional championships in 5A.
Send a private message to HCS Add HCS to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 04-15-2019, 01:35 PM
Statistician
Liked 25 Times in 23 Posts
Cattleman is on a distinguished road
4a on the East is by far better than 5A. Take another look.
Send a private message to Cattleman Add Cattleman to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 10:06 PM
Starter
Liked 469 Times in 298 Posts
Single Wing 77 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by HCS View Post
Harlan County won three regional championships in 5A.
I understand that, Harlan County was never a contender for a state title in 5a though. They cannot compete with the likes of Cov Cath, Highlands (when theyíre up), South Warren, and Bowling Green. I think that Harlan County when theyíre up will be a legitimate threat for to the teams at the top of 4a.
Send a private message to Single Wing 77 Add Single Wing 77 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 10:08 PM
Starter
Liked 469 Times in 298 Posts
Single Wing 77 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Cattleman View Post
4a on the East is by far better than 5A. Take another look.
I agree, I guess what Iím saying is that while a region title will be harder to earn, a state title will be a little easier on some years. Not all, but some.
Send a private message to Single Wing 77 Add Single Wing 77 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 07:46 AM
Statistician
Liked 25 Times in 23 Posts
Cattleman is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Single Wing 77 View Post
I understand that, Harlan County was never a contender for a state title in 5a though. They cannot compete with the likes of Cov Cath, Highlands (when theyíre up), South Warren, and Bowling Green. I think that Harlan County when theyíre up will be a legitimate threat for to the teams at the top of 4a.
I understand but disagree. If Pulaski can and did ,so the better option for HC was definitely 5A. Scott County will be a hard row to hoe, but who knows in a couple years with new school.
Send a private message to Cattleman Add Cattleman to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 04:09 PM
Asst. Coach
Liked 393 Times in 261 Posts
goBIGblue82 is on a distinguished road
I understand but disagree. If Pulaski can and did ,so the better option for HC was definitely 5A. Scott County will be a hard row to hoe, but who knows in a couple years with new school.
So in your opinion 5A has been weaker than 4A the past 4 years? Iím not so sure I agree with that.
Send a private message to goBIGblue82 Add goBIGblue82 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 05:06 PM
Statistician
Liked 60 Times in 49 Posts
single shot is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by goBIGblue82 View Post
So in your opinion 5A has been weaker than 4A the past 4 years? Iím not so sure I agree with that.
I'm pretty sure he's talking about under the new alignment and I'm not sure that I don't agree with him in 5A their toughest competition for a regional title would have been Pulaski and Southwestern. Now they'd have to go through Wayne, Corbin, Johnson Central, Boyle, or Anderson....
AnswertheBell (04-16-2019)
Send a private message to single shot Add single shot to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 07:57 PM
Asst. Coach
Liked 393 Times in 261 Posts
goBIGblue82 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by single shot View Post
I'm pretty sure he's talking about under the new alignment and I'm not sure that I don't agree with him in 5A their toughest competition for a regional title would have been Pulaski and Southwestern. Now they'd have to go through Wayne, Corbin, Johnson Central, Boyle, or Anderson....
I understand if youíre trying to say 4A is deeper because it definitely is with its top 15. However, he referred to what Pulaski did the past few years and claimed that 5A WAS better for HC inferring they did better in 5A than they possibly could have in 4A. Problem with your argument is you list a bunch of teams however they would only have to play one of them for region. Most likely Corbin or Boyle. Compared to 5A they would most likely have to play winner of Cov Cath/Highlands or Scott/FD. If you wanted to make argument it may be easier to win district in 5A or make at least make it to region in 5A I would agree. But to win a region it would seem like 5A would be a bit tougher. Regions donít come easy tho. If youíre playing that weekend you should expect it to be difficult.
Send a private message to goBIGblue82 Add goBIGblue82 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:18 AM
Statistician
Originally Posted by goBIGblue82 View Post
I understand if youíre trying to say 4A is deeper because it definitely is with its top 15. However, he referred to what Pulaski did the past few years and claimed that 5A WAS better for HC inferring they did better in 5A than they possibly could have in 4A. Problem with your argument is you list a bunch of teams however they would only have to play one of them for region. Most likely Corbin or Boyle. Compared to 5A they would most likely have to play winner of Cov Cath/Highlands or Scott/FD. If you wanted to make argument it may be easier to win district in 5A or make at least make it to region in 5A I would agree. But to win a region it would seem like 5A would be a bit tougher. Regions donít come easy tho. If youíre playing that weekend you should expect it to be difficult.
I think we pretty well agree on most this youíve obviously got a better grasp of the brackets Iíd thought they would have to get through Johnson Central in the second round before making it to the region. We could argue this all day but imo opinion the only one your really trying to dodge in 5A is Cov Cath, Pulaski has beaten Highlands and you donít know if FD or Scott county for that matter is gonna hang on to their talent Iíve been hearing kids are bolting on FD...either way thereís gonna be years they could slip by the Pulaskiís to a region thereís slim chance imo your gonna slip by Boyle, Johnson Central, or Corbin, Central seems like they never have a dip in talent ever
Send a private message to single shot Add single shot to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:20 AM
Cheerleader
Liked 71 Times in 51 Posts
AnswertheBell is on a distinguished road
In 4A you will have to play great teams much sooner and never make it to semi. Anytime that many good teams in one class makes it much tougher. I would add Knox to the list as well that go to semi's last year and are getting better. Johnson Central will make a ton of noise in 4A. So with it being deeper HC will exit earlier which makes it tougher.
Send a private message to AnswertheBell Add AnswertheBell to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:09 PM
Statistician
Originally Posted by AnswertheBell View Post
In 4A you will have to play great teams much sooner and never make it to semi. Anytime that many good teams in one class makes it much tougher. I would add Knox to the list as well that go to semi's last year and are getting better. Johnson Central will make a ton of noise in 4A. So with it being deeper HC will exit earlier which makes it tougher.

I didnít intentionally leave Knox out but I think itís gonna be at least a couple years for them that Senior class was really talented....
Old Yesterday, 11:55 PM
Statistician
Liked 51 Times in 37 Posts
BoyleCo is on a distinguished road
4A has a lot more elite talent than 5A. Boyle, Franklin Simpson, Anderson, Johnson Central, Corbin, Lex Cath, and Central are elite level. Harlan is not at that level. I think they are behind teams like Franklin, Knox, and Madisonville also. Maybe Hopkinsville as well.
Send a private message to BoyleCo Add BoyleCo to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Football