Rate This Thread - Pikeville vs LCA (Pike County Bowl 8/25).

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 08-20-2018, 11:00 PM
Statistician
Liked 42 Times in 32 Posts
4everUK is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Patriot1 View Post
Thatís not true Pikeville scored the first touchdown to tie the score you must not have been there or you would have known better. LCA got two fumbles and give them great field position in the first half. Plus they never did put the JV in as you say.it donít matter they won we will see about this year and as always GO PANTHERS!!!
I know the score was 49-14 at the end of the 3rd quarter, 1 point away from a running clock. Hensley ran the ball to the LCA 10 to start the 4th quarter against an LCA JV kickoff team. Maybe you werenít there or your memory is fading. Doesnít matter. The point is that LCA handled Pikeville easily and the Panthers are going to be in a dogfight this Saturday
Send a private message to 4everUK Add 4everUK to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 08-20-2018, 11:16 PM
Head Coach

Location: Setting sail with Capt. Morgan and never leaving dry land
Liked 1,674 Times in 1,006 Posts
PHSForever is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 4everUK View Post
Just saying that people on this thread trying to act like LCA is not that good, theyíre young, they lost a lot, etc. what Iím sating is posters are trying to act like if Pikeville wins they were supposed to and if they get beat, it was by a lesser team.
Most people predicting a Pikeville blow out are not Pikeville fans, but from other schools if you look at their posts
Send a private message to PHSForever Add PHSForever to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 11:32 PM
Head Coach

nobody places much on what any rankings say, but 59th ranked to 14th ranked! Thatís a huge difference. The last part of your post makes no sense
Those same rankings put Floyd Central over Bryan Station, for example. Anyone with a brain would know Bryan Station would almost certainly take Floyd to the woodshed. There may be a gap between Pikeville and LCA, but it is not THAT wide. As for the last part of my post, if hat doesnít make sense to ya, I will clarify:

You sound like an LCA fan trying to goad Pikeville fans into making some ridiculous remark that would wind up on the locker room bulletin board at LCA. LCA did not ďmanhandleĒ Pikeville last year. They took advantage of a short field twice, and wore Pikeville down. Had an outstanding RB that was **** near impossible for anyone to stop all season. They turned him loose behind a line that (at the time), had the Parks brothers on it, one of whom is playing for Centre now, and thenother whom has offers from Clemson, Notre Dame, UK, Alabama, etc. That wears a team down that has 1A line depth that played both ways last year. Now, the one who was supposed to be their QB this year is at Paintsville. 3-4 others transferred to Frederick Douglass. Those are huge losses for any team, donít care who you are. And it is one reason some people believe this year will be closer, if not a Pikeville win.
E's Army (08-22-2018), PHS DYNASTY (08-20-2018)
Send a private message to PHSForever Add PHSForever to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 12:06 AM
Starter
Liked 666 Times in 432 Posts
Patriot1 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by PHSForever View Post
Most people predicting a Pikeville blow out are not Pikeville fans, but from other schools if you look at their posts
1st you need to read all post before you blow up, go back to my earlier post and I watched 2 films on LCA today a few times and give them praise. 2nd I never said it was going to be a blow out,3rd yes the won the game last year the manhandling part is a figment of your imagination. Pikeville was young then a made some mental mistakes and the coaches where still trying to figure this team out. They got better which is all that matters. I watched last years film again and I believe the same kick off team was in on the last kickoff thatís was on the first in matter of fact the young man that transferred to Paintsville made the tackle on Hensley but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
PHSForever (08-21-2018)
Send a private message to Patriot1 Add Patriot1 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 12:10 AM
Statistician
Liked 18 Times in 15 Posts
Texans_99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Last year LCA takes it easy this year Iíll go with Pikeville 41-34.
PHS DYNASTY (08-21-2018)
Send a private message to Texans_99 Add Texans_99 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 12:26 AM
Statistician
Liked 133 Times in 83 Posts
PHS DYNASTY is on a distinguished road
I believe the Panthers get the W this year. I agree with 4everUK about one thing.....just one thing. It will be a dog fight for sure. The Pikeville dog will be waiting on that dog from Lexington. Pikeville dog remembers last year at this time, and he has a cause. His cause is bigger than LCA's cause, you'll see. 4everUK, just put the brakes on, settle down, and enjoy the game, if you can.

Pikevlle - 38

LCA - 14 in a dog fight
Patriot1 (08-21-2018)
Send a private message to PHS DYNASTY Add PHS DYNASTY to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 01:05 AM
Water Boy
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
deagle16 is on a distinguished road
I wonder if predictions would be different if this thread wasn't so Bias. Its as if all of the Pikeville fans are trying to convince themselves that they aren't.
Send a private message to deagle16 Add deagle16 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 01:19 AM
Starter
Originally Posted by deagle16 View Post
I wonder if predictions would be different if this thread wasn't so Bias. Its as if all of the Pikeville fans are trying to convince themselves that they aren't.
You made your prediction and no one say anything about it, never once did I say I wasnt biased but you might want to look in the mirror and see if you are. Never did I say anything derogatory towards LCA or any other school for that matter. I been around along enough to know you donít take anything for granted but yes I think Pikeville can win but I am supposed too. Just like you should back who ever you like. Donít have to convince myself of anything I believe what I believe and have the right just as you do. But as always GO PANTHERS!!!
PHS DYNASTY (08-21-2018), PHSForever (08-21-2018)
Send a private message to Patriot1 Add Patriot1 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 01:22 AM
Head Coach

1st you need to read all post before you blow up, go back to my earlier post and I watched 2 films on LCA today a few times and give them praise. 2nd I never said it was going to be a blow out,3rd yes the won the game last year the manhandling part is a figment of your imagination. Pikeville was young then a made some mental mistakes and the coaches where still trying to figure this team out. They got better which is all that matters. I watched last years film again and I believe the same kick off team was in on the last kickoff thatís was on the first in matter of fact the young man that transferred to Paintsville made the tackle on Hensley but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
Uh, wasn’t me, Patriot! I think you responded to the wrong comment. Lol
Old 08-21-2018, 01:22 AM
Head Coach

Uh, wasnít me, Patriot! I think you responded to the wrong comment. Lol
Old 08-21-2018, 01:28 AM
Starter
Sorry about that getting old and late but I apologize PHSForever

Last edited by Patriot1; 08-21-2018 at 01:31 AM. Reason: Adding
Old 08-21-2018, 01:29 AM
Head Coach

I know the score was 49-14 at the end of the 3rd quarter, 1 point away from a running clock. Hensley ran the ball to the LCA 10 to start the 4th quarter against an LCA JV kickoff team. Maybe you werenít there or your memory is fading. Doesnít matter. The point is that LCA handled Pikeville easily and the Panthers are going to be in a dogfight this Saturday
42-14 at end of 3rd. Did not reach 49 until well into the 4th. Hensley ran the ball back midway thru the 4th. With 6:32 left in the game and a 42-14 lead, LCA was still running Wheatley. I DID notice that most of the kickoff team appeared to be the backups though.
Old 08-21-2018, 01:30 AM
Head Coach

Sorry about that getting old and late
Same here buddy. Both us old fellers need to save our energy for Saturday.
Patriot1 (08-21-2018)
Old 08-21-2018, 01:55 AM
Water Boy
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
deagle16 is on a distinguished road
Not talking about anyone specific just the thread as a whole. Im not out to offend or trigger anyone just making an observation.
Patriot1 (08-21-2018)
Send a private message to deagle16 Add deagle16 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 02:07 AM
Starter
Originally Posted by deagle16 View Post
Not talking about anyone specific just the thread as a whole. Im not out to offend or trigger anyone just making an observation.
But donít you think when you get on any thread usually that the people on that thread or at least most of them are from those two teams and are biased as they should be. No big deal deagle your fine you didnít offend me I was just giving you my opinion and your observations were correct but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
PHSForever (08-21-2018)
Old 08-21-2018, 02:43 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 3,682 Times in 2,896 Posts
pjdoug will become famous soon enough
cat fight.
Old 08-21-2018, 09:56 AM
Head Coach

After all this back and forth, can we just agree this will, along with Belfry/Huntington, be definitely worth the price of admission? Those two games are going to feature a ton of talent. Not knocking the other games, those players work just as hard too, but it always seems like the marquee matchups get the most chatter. I’m excited to see how Belfry does handling the Wright kid from Huntington, and of course I’m excited to see how my Panthers do against LCA. Go Panthers!
Patriot1 (08-21-2018)
Old 08-21-2018, 03:07 PM
Starter
Originally Posted by pjdoug View Post
cat fight.
Ha cat fight PJDoug you going to make it to Pikeville this weekend?
Old 08-22-2018, 12:45 AM
Head Coach
Location: Give me a bottle of anything....and a glazed doughnut...TO GO!!!
Liked 761 Times in 316 Posts
HAIL PIKEVILLE! is on a distinguished road
I dont know what were yelling about?!?!?
Send a private message to HAIL PIKEVILLE! Add HAIL PIKEVILLE! to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 11:06 PM
Starter
Originally Posted by HAIL PIKEVILLE! View Post
I dont know what were yelling about?!?!?
I do we are yelling about these Panthers,and as always GO PANTHERS!!!
Old 08-22-2018, 11:34 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 2,748 Times in 1,982 Posts
E's Army is on a distinguished road
Pikeville fans are sandbagging. Panthers roll
Send a private message to E's Army Add E's Army to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 11:57 PM
Hall of Fame

Liked 2,624 Times in 1,540 Posts
jetpilot will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by E's Army View Post
Not sandbagging, Pikeville fans don't ever just assume they will roll, but I think the Panthers will give a very good account of themselves in this game. Looking forward to it along with the middle school game Saturday morning.
Patriot1 (08-23-2018), PHS DYNASTY (08-23-2018), PHSForever (08-23-2018)
Send a private message to jetpilot Add jetpilot to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 12:03 AM
Starter
Originally Posted by E's Army View Post
Not sandbagging EísArmy just cautious, watched two films on LCA they are well coached and very disapplend and have some good athletes. Quarterback runs well and throws well he is left handed and the receivers have good speed and can break one at anytime. The defense gets to the ball quick over all they are a good team. But as always GO PANTHERS!!!
PHS DYNASTY (08-23-2018), PHSForever (08-23-2018)

Last edited by Patriot1; 08-23-2018 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 08-23-2018, 01:20 AM
Cheerleader
Liked 59 Times in 48 Posts
Cardinals ride is on a distinguished road
I am not a Pikeville alumni, fan, booster, cousin, aunt, or uncle. But I am picking Pikeville to win this game. This pick is based on the talent and coaching both teams bring to the field. I think McNamee is one of the best to ever do it. Iím sure both teams will be well prepared. And can I just say.... who cares about last year?
PHSForever (08-23-2018)
Send a private message to Cardinals ride Add Cardinals ride to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 09:03 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 2,748 Times in 1,982 Posts
E's Army is on a distinguished road
LCA has athletes and are always well coached but Pikeville has a special bunch this year.
Patriot1 (08-23-2018), PHSForever (08-23-2018)
Send a private message to E's Army Add E's Army to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 11:23 AM
Starter
Originally Posted by Cardinals ride View Post
I am not a Pikeville alumni, fan, booster, cousin, aunt, or uncle. But I am picking Pikeville to win this game. This pick is based on the talent and coaching both teams bring to the field. I think McNamee is one of the best to ever do it. Iím sure both teams will be well prepared. And can I just say.... who cares about last year?
I agree with everything you said but one thing, the players who played last year should care and I know they do. The rest is a great statement Cardinals ride. Thank you for that but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
Cardinals ride (08-23-2018), PHSForever (08-23-2018)
Old 08-23-2018, 12:56 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 119 Times in 75 Posts
Micro-Brew is on a distinguished road
Get your popcorn ready Panther fans, I've been told LCA plans on lighting up that scoreboard again
Send a private message to Micro-Brew Add Micro-Brew to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 01:11 PM
Hall of Fame

Liked 2,624 Times in 1,540 Posts
jetpilot will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Micro-Brew View Post
Get your popcorn ready Panther fans, I've been told LCA plans on lighting up that scoreboard again
They can plan anything they want!
Send a private message to jetpilot Add jetpilot to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 01:31 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 69 Times in 51 Posts
Rip/Spin is on a distinguished road
I think this will be a good one.

LCA 28
PIKEVILLE 24
Send a private message to Rip/Spin Add Rip/Spin to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 01:45 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 3,682 Times in 2,896 Posts
pjdoug will become famous soon enough
Ha cat fight PJDoug you going to make it to Pikeville this weekend?
I probably won't get to

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Football