Rate This Thread - Harlan County at Southwestern 11/17.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2017, 03:39 PM
Starter
Liked 42 Times in 35 Posts
hchs fan is on a distinguished road
Default Harlan County at Southwestern 11/17
thoughts and predictions
Send a private message to hchs fan Add hchs fan to Your Contacts Top of page

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 11-11-2017, 03:43 PM
Starter
Liked 42 Times in 35 Posts
hchs fan is on a distinguished road
Harlan county 35-20
Send a private message to hchs fan Add hchs fan to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-11-2017, 03:48 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 3,818 Times in 2,793 Posts
64SUR will become famous soon enough
H$LL I'm going with Upset in this one.

Harlan County 28
Southwestern 27
Send a private message to 64SUR Add 64SUR to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-11-2017, 04:27 PM
BGR Staff

Liked 5,764 Times in 3,649 Posts
Granny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the rough
Why is it an upset??

Old 11-11-2017, 05:51 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
GoldenSpirit is on a distinguished road
I still can't see the upset on this game. SW has to much talent for them. To many kids that can beat them at any point of time. A QB that can, Edwards, Jp and the soph Barnes that stepped up last game running for over 100yrds a TD. Harlan doesn't have the D for contain. Plus SW defense will shut down the run and Harlan doesn't the passing game. I will say SW by "21"
Send a private message to GoldenSpirit Add GoldenSpirit to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-11-2017, 05:59 PM
BGR Staff

Granny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by GoldenSpirit View Post
I still can't see the upset on this game. SW has to much talent for them. To many kids that can beat them at any point of time. A QB that can, Edwards, Jp and the soph Barnes that stepped up last game running for over 100yrds a TD. Harlan doesn't have the D for contain. Plus SW defense will shut down the run and Harlan doesn't the passing game. I will say SW by "21"
Southwestern very well may beat us by 21 or more, but nothing that you said made a lick of sense.
Old 11-11-2017, 05:59 PM
Head Coach

Liked 1,019 Times in 706 Posts
Demarcus ware is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Granny Bear View Post
Southwestern very well may beat us by 21 or more, but nothing that you said made a lick of sense.

Send a private message to Demarcus ware Add Demarcus ware to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-11-2017, 06:04 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Why is it an upset??

Because I said so
Granny Bear (11-11-2017)
Old 11-11-2017, 09:04 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Ok lets see. Don't see upset SW to much talent for the Harlan. To many kids and gave names blah blah blah that can beat Harlan anytime. Harlan doesn't have the D mean DEFENSE to contain. SW will shut down Harlan's run and they don't . Oh, I see where it could look strange. I left out Harlan doesn't "HAVE"...the passing game. I guess a sophomore that stepped up do to the fact the starter was out. Might throw you off as well. SW BYE 21...I didn't use all my punctuation correctly but I'm not in class. Hope this helps
Send a private message to GoldenSpirit Add GoldenSpirit to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-12-2017, 06:04 AM
Starter
Liked 469 Times in 259 Posts
Bear_Paw is on a distinguished road
^ Looks like someone has their panties wadded up because they post like a an 11 year old girl sending a txt message....

I'm pretty sure your friends across town never saw it coming November 19, 2010 either. Not saying that will happen, but remember this group took PC to the wire twice last year and beat them like rented mules two weeks ago.
Send a private message to Bear_Paw Add Bear_Paw to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-12-2017, 07:12 AM
Statistician
Liked 77 Times in 56 Posts
redstone1127 is on a distinguished road
HC has plenty of talent too.
Send a private message to redstone1127 Add redstone1127 to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-12-2017, 08:50 AM
Starter
Liked 89 Times in 80 Posts
hoghead is on a distinguished road
Harlan County 19 Southweatern 20
Send a private message to hoghead Add hoghead to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-12-2017, 08:54 AM
Equipment Manager
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
CB14 is on a distinguished road
Good luck HC
Send a private message to CB14 Add CB14 to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-12-2017, 09:14 AM
BGR Staff

Ok lets see. Don't see upset SW to much talent for the Harlan. To many kids and gave names blah blah blah that can beat Harlan anytime. Harlan doesn't have the D mean DEFENSE to contain. SW will shut down Harlan's run and they don't . Oh, I see where it could look strange. I left out Harlan doesn't "HAVE"...the passing game. I guess a sophomore that stepped up do to the fact the starter was out. Might throw you off as well. SW BYE 21...I didn't use all my punctuation correctly but I'm not in class. Hope this helps

Your punctuation and verbiage made no difference in my understanding your post. It was the content.

Southwestern is chocked full of talent. I would never lie to myself about what kind of competition we are facing; however, you suggest that we never pass the ball. All that shows is that you know little to nothing about our offense. Again, you are stating that we don't have the defense to contain. Another error either in your experience with the Black Bear team or your understanding of what defense is. Probably both.

I will always support my Black Bears to a victory no matter who they play. Regardless of the outcome of this game, BOTH teams will know and feel that they have been in a slobberknocker come Saturday morning.

Good luck for an injury free contest.
Old 11-12-2017, 09:53 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 2,500 Times in 1,780 Posts
E's Army is on a distinguished road
SW by 1. Pulling for the Bears but believe Warriors are a little better.
Send a private message to E's Army Add E's Army to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-12-2017, 02:57 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Your punctuation and verbiage made no difference in my understanding your post. It was the content.

Southwestern is chocked full of talent. I would never lie to myself about what kind of competition we are facing; however, you suggest that we never pass the ball. All that shows is that you know little to nothing about our offense. Again, you are stating that we don't have the defense to contain. Another error either in your experience with the Black Bear team or your understanding of what defense is. Probably both.

I will always support my Black Bears to a victory no matter who they play. Regardless of the outcome of this game, BOTH teams will know and feel that they have been in a slobberknocker come Saturday morning.

Good luck for an injury free contest.
No Sir, I'm going by the season that has been played. The teams that Harlan has won like Perry, Letcher, and the other teams. Also the teams that has beat Harlan. Then looking into the seasons running and passing avg. So I assure you after looking into all of that. 1} I do know about there offense even if it is "little" and there defense being able to stop SW offense "contain" So with that being said I know enough on either topic that was mentioned. All was given was my opinion. I myself know it can be a good game. But, I gave my thoughts on it. And my panties still feel great.
Old 11-12-2017, 03:17 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

No Sir, I'm going by the season that has been played. The teams that Harlan has won like Perry, Letcher, and the other teams. Also the teams that has beat Harlan. Then looking into the seasons running and passing avg. So I assure you after looking into all of that. 1} I do know about there offense even if it is "little" and there defense being able to stop SW offense "contain" So with that being said I know enough on either topic that was mentioned. All was given was my opinion. I myself know it can be a good game. But, I gave my thoughts on it. And my panties still feel great.
Granny Bear ainít a Sir or I donít thinked so
Granny Bear (11-12-2017)
Old 11-12-2017, 04:25 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
dragon_slayer is on a distinguished road
Southwestern 24
Harlan County 20
Send a private message to dragon_slayer Add dragon_slayer to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-12-2017, 05:37 PM
Starter
Liked 191 Times in 155 Posts
HCS is on a distinguished road

Harlan isn't playing. They are in Class A.
Harlan County played several teams ranked in the top 10 in their respective classes - Tates Creek in 6A, Whitley and North in 5A, Wayne, Ashland Blazer and Knox Central in 4A, Hazard in A.
Send a private message to HCS Add HCS to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-12-2017, 06:15 PM
Starter
Liked 368 Times in 255 Posts
Van Hagar is on a distinguished road
^I know how you feel there, HCS, but Iím afraid the phrase falling on deaf ears applies here😂. Anyhow, while I certainly give Harlan COUNTY a legit shot, and I really hope they pull it out, my head says at home SW wins something like 28-14.
Send a private message to Van Hagar Add Van Hagar to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-12-2017, 06:41 PM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
kyfootball1 is on a distinguished road
Harlan by 10
Send a private message to kyfootball1 Add kyfootball1 to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-12-2017, 07:02 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by HCS View Post
Harlan County played several teams ranked in the top 10 in their respective classes - Tates Creek in 6A, Whitley and North in 5A, Wayne, Ashland Blazer and Knox Central in 4A, Hazard in A.
Well I figured any ******* would know since its out HARLAN CO AND SOUTHWESTERN. If I put SW. I would think people would know. Wow, really. And look at the topic about teams having weak schedules and get killed in playoffs. WOW, another funny man
Old 11-12-2017, 07:09 PM
Starter
Liked 368 Times in 255 Posts
Van Hagar is on a distinguished road
^^^????? Interpreter please?
GoldenSpirit (11-12-2017)
Send a private message to Van Hagar Add Van Hagar to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-12-2017, 07:13 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by HCS View Post
That's true. Who did they beat? Great teams like Letcher, North, and well see the talent Ashland has against Johnson. You would think posting 1000's of times your knowledge would be more. Maybe get off the comp some. Or just stay here with your buddies and try to nit pick peoples writing.
Old 11-12-2017, 07:14 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Van Hagar View Post
^^^????? Interpreter please?
MR. Funny MAN HAHAHAHAHAHA><^^^?????
Old 11-12-2017, 07:50 PM
Starter
Liked 373 Times in 231 Posts
Willie Turnover is on a distinguished road
Should be a great game. If SW stays disciplined and keeps there penalties down, wins the turnover battle, and Edwards is able to go full speed I believe SW will squeak out a win 41-6. If not HC pulls off the upset 41-6.
Send a private message to Willie Turnover Add Willie Turnover to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-12-2017, 09:13 PM
Starter
Liked 191 Times in 155 Posts
HCS is on a distinguished road
That's true. Who did they beat? Great teams like Letcher, North, and well see the talent Ashland has against Johnson. You would think posting 1000's of times your knowledge would be more. Maybe get off the comp some. Or just stay here with your buddies and try to nit pick peoples writing.
Knowledge? Did you miss Ashland beating Johnson Central earlier?

That would be "nitpick people's" writing.
As Doc Holliday said in Tombstone: "I know, let's have a spelling contest."
Send a private message to HCS Add HCS to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-12-2017, 11:10 PM
Hall of Fame

Liked 737 Times in 558 Posts
bac2369 is on a distinguished road
I remember a Harlan County team a few years ago that got beat by Southwestern. Maybe a little pay back with the favorite Southwestern getting beat by Harlan County!!!
Send a private message to bac2369 Add bac2369 to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-12-2017, 11:59 PM
Head Coach
Liked 473 Times in 384 Posts
99PIRATEFAN is on a distinguished road
I’m pulling for Harlan Co. in this but i don’t know if they got enough in the tank to beat SW i hope they do good Luck Harlan Co.
Send a private message to 99PIRATEFAN Add 99PIRATEFAN to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-13-2017, 04:03 AM
Starter
Liked 254 Times in 160 Posts
64black&gold is on a distinguished road
I'm pulling for SW. I thought they played well missing their all time leading rusher but still too many flags. I hope both teams come out injury free and the Warriors pull out a close one.
Send a private message to 64black&gold Add 64black&gold to Your Contacts Top of page
Closed Thread

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Football